ERepublic

Tresville

TNPer
This is a discussion thread in regards to that game.

You can check it out at:
http://www.erepublik.com

Keep in mind that we are testing the waters...no decision has been made yet in regards to a large push into that game as we have not organized for such an endeavor.

Consider yourself Lewis and Clark! Errr....WW is L&C but u know what I mean! lol

Discuss it here and we will move on if interest grows.

As Usual I am Tresville in that game.

I guess we should also list here your user name and any relevant info.

Rhindon Blade sent me some basic info:
Its The New World. So basically, a representation of the current modern world. About 60 or so countries. Around 130,000 players...growing fast. Very vibrant.

You're an individual. Choose a career path: politics, media, army, or business. Everything I'm about to explain are in-game features, none are player-created, like we're forced to do in NS. Here's whats on offer for each branch...

Politics. Lots of elections. Become a political party member, or a Congressman. Or a Party President. Or Country President. Income/import/VAT taxes, exports, imports, inflation, GDP...all built in economic features that the Government must look after. Course, there's all the Ministries that we have here, too. Sign alliances, get impeached...all that fun stuff is involved.

Media. Write your own newspaper - have folks subscribe. Become a media mogul with 1000 subscribers etc. The journalist's dream, and the politician's megaphone.

Army. Yep, there's wars. Works like RL wars - each player counts as one soldier (you only fight if you choose to enlist in the military). With better strength, health, and experience - you'll be a better soldier obviously. Conquer territories for your nation, fight along side allied countries etc. Or coordinate missions.

Business. Plenty of industries to dominate: food, gifts, weapons, moving tickets, grain, diamonds, iron, oil, wood and housing. Obviously, you'll be successful depending upon the natural resources in your country. In eRepublik, everyone needs to work for a company, in order to make a personal income. Yep, you make money. And you can send money to anyone. So you can hire people - expand from there. There's also a marketplace to sell your goods (people need to buy food to stay alive/better houses increase health rate etc.) - and there's a monetary market for swapping currencies.

Like I said, if you're bilingual, thats great, because generally, people from Germany speak German, and people from Indonesia speak Indonesian. Etc.

The developers are extremely creative and very responsive in comparison with NS's - the interface is professional, and has been known to slightly change on days of significance. I.e. on eRep's 500th day of existence, the mascot - Plato - was seen wearing a party hat, and the picture of a 'loaf' (food) in everyone's inventory was changed to a pic of a cake for the day. They're very involved.

Explorers:
Tresville
Ator People
Rhindon Blade
Sydia
Ator People
Missing Dog Head
Outer Kharkistania
Flemingovia

*Flashes shiny badge* :P

erepublik-badge-125x80.gif

Well I'm already there, and have been for seven months haha...you can add Lord Rhindon.

Just getting started...and choosing your homeland? I very highly recommend the eUK. Fifth largest nation at 7000+ citizens, very well organized government and home of some of eRep's most skilled players...plus that's also my citizen's country of residence (tho not in RL), so I guess I'm biased. :pinch:

In all honesty, the only reason I'm still at NationStates is probably because of the community - otherwise eRep truly pwns NS in every way.

Tresville:
no decision has been made yet in regards to a large push into that game as we have not organized for such an endeavor.

If this does become the case, though (I really don't see why not...eRep is very kick-ass) - then like I mentioned to Tres, we may be able to cause an influx similar to our experience with Fark.com, except in this case: nationstates.com. We've very talented politicians here, I'm sure many of us would do very well, if unified in one country. But just take a look first, you'll probably like what you see.

For more info on the game you can visit here...

eRepublik Wiki

...or just feel welcome to ask in this thread!

I played this for a while when it started, and then I got kind of distracted. I might sign up again.

MDH

Edit: I'm eMDH (character names had to be at least 4 letters long.)

I registered and replied to the email but I haven't had the time to really check this game out.

Will try to get in and really check it out tomorrow. Will keep u guys posted.

I am now in the game (UK) as Flemingovia.

Was Nationstates as bewildering as this when I first joined, I wonder?

If anyone has a question about how things work, fire away. If that's one of a million you feel that you have, you're experiencing the wonderful feeling of being a completely overwhelmed noob all over again! :pinch: Doesnt last long. Tres, you're currently the only one not in eUK...I'll buy a moving ticket and send it through to you if you'd like.

If we're going to think about a concerted political effort there - we could think about creating a political party of our own. This actually costs a whopping 40 gold, and requires the creator to be level 13 or more - but I would be happy to finance this, if we're interested.

I have got a job at fast lumber and trained in the military. I have also bought a little food.

Is there anything else I should be thinking about?

Well, we wouldn't be the biggest party around *for starters*. We've a good foundation to build from yes, with some politically 'experienced' people here - and a whole potential pool of NSers to draw from. They don't all have to be from TNP. I honestly think we'll be able to shake things up a bit over there.

Flem, yep, they're the basics. You can get involved in the community by visiting the official eUK forums here. I haven't been participating there much, but will definitely begin doing so from this week.

Some info on eUK in general here, and the country's political setup here. Brief info on how eRepublik's voting system works here.

Its really a matter of just going to the eRepublik wiki home page - having a look through the tutorial maybe, and doing a little research. Thats how I managed to come up to speed with alot of things.

Reminds me of that old knights game we used to play on the old forums. From what I understand about erepublic, if you forget about the game you get terrifying emails telling you that you're starving to death! That's some incentive.

I still haven't registered, but this looks like the most promising expansion so far.

If nothing else comes from this who activity change push, I still think we might have happened on something good.

Alright, I'm currently in Iran.

Oh and my name is Mahmoud Ibn Abdullah.

Unfortunately, the game seems to assume I'm actually Iranian or something, as it sent me the welcome letter in Farsi.

Well, its the alliances ATLANTIS vs PEACE...most nations are currently a member of one or the other.

I believe the people of eIran are generally natives of the RL country, and actually speak the language (not English), Khark. :P Join eUK! We're all there.

Joined in eUK, name is Vladimir Tyrannis.

Edit: It's interesting... Quite complicated by the look of things, but interesting. Can't register on the eUK forum due to their unusual number/letter recognition thing so will have to email their admin about that at some point over the weekend.

Everytime I log in I get a call or have to do something!!! lol

Sorry guys....this Swine Flu has me being very cautious. I help my father run our property here and all he likes to rent to is Mexicans!! I have a baby niece as many know so...I don't want her or anyone in my fam gettin sick.

I still log in here and check. Will hopefully have more time on the weekend.

Well, its the alliances ATLANTIS vs PEACE...most nations are currently a member of one or the other.

I believe the people of eIran are generally natives of the RL country, and actually speak the language (not English), Khark. :P Join eUK! We're all there.
Who is in which alliance, and who are the good guys?

Atlantis, especially Romania, seem to be major assholes.

UK seems to be part of it, so maybe you should relocate to a PEACE nation.

Actually, on 12 May, a new country surrounded by PEACE territory will be created, North Korea. Since its new, it would be the best place to start up a political party. Plus, it borders the North Pacific, and if we got control and played our cards right, we could eventually conquer a good deal of territory in the North Pacific area. :-P

Of course, most of us are noobs, but if we get there first we can still influence things a bit.

Ok, I've joined, as Sydia. In the UK, naturally. I've no frigging clue what to do. Apparently I'm not qualified enough to work in Tescos Express!

Myself and Rhindon were discussing setting up a party in eRep. We agreed that it shouldn't be specifically a TNP expansion, rather that it actually be something for all NSers. We assumed that most people would agree on this point however we thought it would be best to still bring it up here.

As regards to a name we hadn't come up with anything specific, but we did say that while it shouldn't say "We are NSers", it should say "We are a bit different".

Neither of us are particularly fussed about any party idealogies provided they are reasonable enough, however we did agree that perhaps we should try and assess what unique things we have that we could bring to eRep. Neither of us were able to come with anything more substantial on this point.

MDH

Perhaps we should have one thread in the Introduction section on the eUK forums that we can all use.

Haha Khark, PEACE are pretty much assholes too, from our point of view. :P

Ator, in my view, PEACE is the enemy. Very aggressive - the opposite of what it originally stood for. One of its former founding members, Nicolae Carpathia, has left the alliance and joined ATLANTIS after being disgusted with their gung-ho tendencies. ATLANTIS includes all the western-oriented countries (UK, USA etc). PEACE includes more eastern oriented nations (Iran, Turkey, Japan etc). Another of its members is Indonesia, who quite happily invaded and dominated my RL homeland, Australia. Take a look at the eRepublik wiki for more info.

Yep, MDH and I are discussing the possibilities of founding a political party - but we're going to need talk this over more thoroughly with you all before doing so, to determine its features....perhaps we should we have a separate thread or section of the forum set up for this purpose?

How the hell do you get more money? I've got a job, but no cash. Also I done joined the army. Hopefully I'll get shot or something!

Well like in RL, you can 'work' at your job everyday and slowly receive money - or get a well paying government position - or you can be creative. You can also buy gold from the developers, but I don't recommend doing that until you've gotten a better grasp of the game...there isn't really a need for it.

PMed Gross in regards to temporarily setting up a place for more coordinated discussion on this...

I think setting up a party is a great idea. Moderate political ideology would be best, that way everyone would feel welcome.

Oh and I'm in eUK now!

I am glad you guys are liking this game!!

The Explorers list has been updated.

It seems we are outgrowing this thread. I will be asking Gross for a section and also work on masking.

Once this is set up...we will get more organized and set a few thinsg in stone.

Just as suggested this should not be a TNP thing but a General gaming Alliance. I have already prepared for that...so just give me a bit and I'll get this done and "poppin"

In the meantime keep posting here..explore!!!

I made a a thread for all of us in the eUK forums. I called it NSer Intro. I said...

Sorry to make another thread, but you can expect quite an influx of NS players into the eUK in the next few days or so, mostly from a region (pretty much the NS equivalent of a party in eRep) called The North Pacific. A few others will probably come along as well but we are all a friendly bunch.

Basically the idea is that we don't want to flood your forums with about 20 intro threads.

This is the current list of people from TNP in eRep. Most of them are in eUK.

Tresville
Ator People
Rhindon Blade
Sydia
Ator People
Missing Dog Head
Outer Kharkistania
Flemingovia

Most of us are using either the same name or a derivative of that name.

Also, it would be sweet if you could merge the other NSer into threads into this one. Is there a way of making sure this is still the top post? If not, it would be even sweeter if you could copy and paste it into a quote box in the top post. Thanks very much guys.

That ok?

MDH

Yes, I came across that a few weeks ago - its definitely very helpful.

When can we expect the new forum section to be established? MDH and I are very keen to begin arranging a coordinated community for us over there!

I made a a thread for all of us in the eUK forums. I called it NSer Intro. I said...

Sorry to make another thread, but you can expect quite an influx of NS players into the eUK in the next few days or so, mostly from a region (pretty much the NS equivalent of a party in eRep) called The North Pacific. A few others will probably come along as well but we are all a friendly bunch.

Basically the idea is that we don't want to flood your forums with about 20 intro threads.

This is the current list of people from TNP in eRep. Most of them are in eUK.

Tresville
Ator People
Rhindon Blade
Sydia
Ator People
Missing Dog Head
Outer Kharkistania
Flemingovia

Most of us are using either the same name or a derivative of that name.

Also, it would be sweet if you could merge the other NSer into threads into this one. Is there a way of making sure this is still the top post? If not, it would be even sweeter if you could copy and paste it into a quote box in the top post. Thanks very much guys.

That ok?

MDH
:facepalm:

I don't think that was ok. IMHO, i believe we wanted to remain as explorers until such time as we have fully organized. You just told them we are from NS. You tipped our hand. You also gave a list of the members!!!

This is why we discuss things....get organized and then vote on important steps such as revealing who we are to people in that game.

There are also other NSers that I was going to bring in that have been playing Erpublic much longer than anyone here....which would give us a great advantage. Now I have to rethink this whole strategy and also finish other work that needs to be done.

This is rather aggravating. Excuse me...I have to go break something.

Jesus if you want I can edit it out. Since when was this all about secrecy?

MDH
From the beginning, MDH! Apparently even the legitimate Head of State should keep his gob shut and not question what the master plan for the region is.

I find that quite aggravating.

Back on topic, I'm still pretty clueless about this game, but getting there. I haven't starved to death yet, which is always a plus.

I'm not going to lie Tres, I'm agreeing with Syd here. That last post made it seem like you have some kind of master plan here. We're not questioning the plan right now, we just want to know what it is. I was under the impression that we had found a new game and a few people were planning to go over together so we wouldn't be completely lost.

MDH

Well, if there is a master plan, I'm ready to help. I just starting training in the army, and I'm dangerous with a weapon. *BANG* *looks at toes* Oops! :lol:

Tres, I've been playing eRepublik since its Beta stages back in August last year - even I was not made aware of the fact that secrecy was a priority - which probably should have been a decision we collectively made, if anything. Its not NS.

Anyway, to those waiting for some sort of organization to happen - this will occur as soon as we have our subforums set up. Once this is in place...we'll definitely be getting started with some serious arrangements.

Back