General Discussion

I think we have the government down well, the only major change that could be conceived is axing legal oversight/CLO, but there will be partisans for that group that say it serves a purpose.

Plus its something else people can get elected to I suppose.

Actually, maybe we can have people run for Minister posts. Not sure how well it would work, but its a suggestion.

Yes I agree. That is why as I specified in another post that this is why I chose not to Poll the RA and propose changes to the Gov or suspending parts of it. I discussed this with the current delegate as well a few days ago.

I think what we need to do is adjust to the NS decline via slight changes to Law. making it more flexible or watered down during periods of inactivity like this. Additions to make the government more...attractive...so that members want to participate in recruiting, Dip Corps etc, should also be considered. Hence the separate forum for Public Services found in this Section of the project.

Kind of like this...Buddy Christ:
buddy_christ.jpg

LOL

TV tropes wiki doesn't like hotlinking.

Find another picture. :P

But yes, it would be a good idea to focus more on the bureaucracy side of government.
Making cabinet electable?

Hello North Pacific three years ago. I wouldn't say it too loud though you might wake up Grosse and subject ourselves to his usual rants. Despite what he may say, I was against it from the beginning and I have the vote threads to prove it.

Actually I see no current problem with the way the system is (in regards to Delegate choosing the gov structure). It allows the delegate to assess the state of the region and adapt accordingly to it. In other words, he can create a watered down government when we don't have enough active and able members to fill positions. He can always create position or expand the government if activity goes up.

What we should do is make sure that the Delegate removes any government positions created by the previous administration that he will not use. This includes informing the Forum Adminsitration what masks to remove. He will always have to tell them what masks his officials receive when he creates positions...that is a given and should not be repeated in any law.

I think some people harbor under a false illusion that I was a proponent of the current Constitution when it and two other proposals were offered back in the autumn of 2007.

That would be false. I did not support any of the three proposals that were offered. As Speaker at the time, I was obligated to give all three proposals an opportunity for passage, and the membership of the Regional Assembly at the time made their choice.

So, please, don't make assumptions about what my opinions are or are not. That is all.

Additions to make the government more...attractive...so that members want to participate in recruiting, Dip Corps etc, should also be considered. Hence the separate forum for Public Services found in this Section of the project.
Recruiters and diplomats are bureaucrats, hence my statement.

I think some people harbor under a false illusion that I was a proponent of the current Constitution when it and two other proposals were offered back in the autumn of 2007.

That would be false. I did not support any of the three proposals that were offered. As Speaker at the time, I was obligated to give all three proposals an opportunity for passage, and the membership of the Regional Assembly at the time made their choice.

So, please, don't make assumptions about what my opinions are or are not. That is all.
LOL

That was my point.

Honestly, I never liked this current form of government.

I have found that new government structures, if done right can rejuvenate the region, however I want to know if people here see that as an option before I propose anything elaborate.

Back