Role Play Endeavors

Tresville

TNPer
For those who enjoy Role Play.....Please post what type of games would be enjoyed in the forum.

We have a sub forum here for Nation Role Play as well. So let us keep that in mind.

Any ideas?

Well, you can have RPs where everyone plays one or more individuals.

The theme is often something other than nation RP and can be either something generic (pirates, sci fi, etc) or some specific franchise even (Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, or something).

I myself would prefer generic stuff, but I've seen regions do specific franchise based rps before.

That would obviously be general role play and not related to nations.

I have been seeing nations on the rmb post nation role play. This week alone I saw 5 of them. We could start directing them here so they can have it out.

Greetings all.
I am Loop, I am the RP ambassador and I have brought our own sickning display of RP to you all.

Woot. Glad you're here. Now lets see if our members will actually be involved in RP.

I may play a bit to get the ball rolling...but as I said before...this isn't exactly my thing.

That doesn't sound fun...wouldn't the Dinosaurs eat the zombies and the Pirates would just be....eh...ok I don't see how that works! lol

Any who...I guess we need a member here to take these RP endeavors on. I do believe we need some set of RP rules for Nation RP and the other more general RP.

If we hold anymore regional events I will see to it that the organizer does it in RP fashion as we have in the past.

If no one steps up in a week or two then obviously these forms of RP are not something TNP will stick to. We can just leave it as an option if any new comers decide to try it.

I'm more than happy to help out, time permitting.

Again, as Kand said, you need to be more specific in what you mean. TEP-style RP (technically not RP but it makes it easier to just say that), by which I mean the RP'ing of NS nations in a 'world' setting is quite different from the kind of RP that "Aliens vs. Predators vs. Vampires vs. Werewolves" would be.

Historically there hasn't been that much interest in that kind of RP here. Which is why I went to TEP to that kind of writing. :P Before too much effort is expended in setting anything up it probably would be good to see what interest there is here.

You are absolutely right, but I troll TNP's RMB frequently and I have seen nations mentioning that and nation RP. So if we can get some newbies like that in here it could get active.

I will also contact the ol RPers that left because of the lack of RP. Who knows...maybe they are still interested.

Basically we could roleplay an active z13/tnp forum.

"Tresville was a giant of a man with a heart of gold. With his iron-fisted hands he wrought 10 million posts a day out of the digital aether. No topic was too small or trivial for a reply. O, those halycon days, that summer of Posts; of pirate lords and pixies. Truly, Lady Fortune had blessed those hallowed halls, which rang with the resounding crush of the multitudes called to incorporeal attendence."

I would have written from my perspective, but that would be conceited! I guess we could call it mythologization of TNP history?

Oh, I see. The simplicity of your humor made it so subtle that I missed it. :duh:

Does it seem like a fun RP exercise? I think it could be done creatively. It was certainly stimulating to write that. Mythologizing the history of TNP for, you know, the future generations. Also it would help foster a strong sense of common history, which is essential to maintaining a cohesive community.

Well, I'm nothing if not simple.

This is a genius idea. Relive the Golden Age in glorious fake-o-vision!

Or we could just start the z13/tnp role-play in present time, it would go a little like this I think...

"From the 0010101001 we were created, and unto the 0010101001 we now return. Erase all hard drives. Let sweet oblivion wash over these long forsaken digital realms. Nevermore shall we hear a post, the sweet click accompanied by a transcendent bliss the mere mention of which shakes the internet to its nodes. A paradise lost."

I'm more than happy to help out, time permitting.

Again, as Kand said, you need to be more specific in what you mean. TEP-style RP (technically not RP but it makes it easier to just say that), by which I mean the RP'ing of NS nations in a 'world' setting is quite different from the kind of RP that "Aliens vs. Predators vs. Vampires vs. Werewolves" would be.

Historically there hasn't been that much interest in that kind of RP here. Which is why I went to TEP to that kind of writing. :P Before too much effort is expended in setting anything up it probably would be good to see what interest there is here.
I sometimes wonder why that sort of thing is called Roleplay at all when it couldn't be further from roleplaying. Mostly it seems to come down to long-standing tradition. Still, there doesn't seem to be an accepted alternative term and I have to admit that the IC/OOC distinctions are really useful to us even though technically everyone in such settings is always and only OOC.

Personally, I believe TNP needs to have a sense of what it wants out of its roleplaying before we begin some cool inter-region things with other 'rich' RP regions such as TEP and Caprecia (I hate saying that, really I do, because many regions have a decent 'core' of 1-3 good roleplayers, from what I've seen). I really believe a lot of TNP's roleplayers must be home-grown, or it will die. I say this because, well, TNPers have an incentive to come here - it's their region, of course.

That being said, one must consider the time at which this is started, to quell discouragement. For many NSers (myself included) finals week is looming and coming up in a few weeks, which will undoubtedly decrease activity. Therefore, my suggestion would be to maybe hold off any serious roleplaying until finals are over for people, giving them a chance to kind of have the time to participate. After all, it's very hard to get *anyone* to join in a roleplay that's 1-2 pages long already, even if they have time for it.

I suggest some sort of 'casual' roleplay thread to start, maybe a few lesser, more dedicated ones for people with gusto. But that's basically our Shiro - 'casual' roleplaying with the purposes of character development, training for other roleplays, and a chance to broadcast your culture without a wiki article or newscasts, which many might not read.

Perhaps one should begin finding out how many people want to roleplay here, and what their idea on roleplaying is (Kandarin has asked this question to many people, I know, and the answers vary, I'd imagine). Figure out what the region wants to do. Tech level? Style of roleplay? More diplomacy oriented or character oriented? etc, etc.

I've always had an interest in in-character role play, directly related to one's nation. For example, see my national history: http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Ator_People

It might be interesting to do something like that. Nations could hold diplomatic talks, discuss international (as opposed to interregional) treaties, etc. It might be fun and interesting.

^ Sounds more like what I'd participate in.

A Prime Example....where members of the WA General Assembly post the 'profile' of their ambassador, and their background.

So long as its political, and involves more dialogue than it does pie-throwing and face-slapping (but this can definitely be fun sometimes), I'd be eager to get involved.

46 minutes ago
The Unitarian Universalist State of Andromeda Islands
What about a law in the North Pacific that says that any nation that uses nuclear weapons against another country in the North Pacific, for any reason, will be banned from the North Pacific?

See...players post like this in the rmb at least once a week. If we provide them with Nation Role Play, set rules and explain how it works it could be something that new players enjoy and wouldstick around for.

Like I said...i am not a RP type of guy in regards to Nation RP.....Real RP players that enjoy this should step up...discuss it...I'll help organize whatever u need..long as others will take the responsibility of keeping it going.

The Jolt forums have RP up the yazoo, although of course there's several different types; maybe separate forums along the lines of 'international incidents' (for national RP "We n00k j00") and...er..."lounge" (for "visit my pub").

Upon further reflection, I like more and more the idea of national role play.

We could have an RP forum with strict RP rules in place. Write as if you were the representative from your nation. Discuss what is going on in your nation. Occasionally someone would start an international 'incident' which would provoke more interesting discussions, debates, negotiations, etc.

National roleplay actually has a little history in TNP; the most successful example of which that I can remember being Blackshear's North Pacific Vacation Alliance, where nations posted about themselves in order to attract tourists and the like. We're not so big on the war, though.

I always did wonder what it would be like to be a lonely prostitute with a broken nose on the turbulent and dangerous streets of The Villainous Sexual Deviant of Missing Dog Head. She would travel secretly (because as a nation leader I'm a dick and I don't allow anything except for worship of me in my nation) and perhaps one day something exciting might happen.

MDH

Ok...I believe I am really starting to see the problem here in regards to RP.

Nation RP which is directly related to in game NS nations should probably be government regulated. The government should also probably explain the difference between Nation RP and how we elect the delegate via the forum....which we dont really RP.

I believe we have to separate General RP not related to NS from Nation RP directly related. This is confusing members who come here seeking nation RP.

We used to be very responsible in teaching our new members the ropes. We have strayed from that because we lost the members that used to take these endeavors on. NS Decline is due to this plus we cant have 1 member only taking on such public services on his/her own.

I believe i have to now take this aspect of the discussion to the Gov Revival forum.

Back