Embassy of The Council of Narnia

Greetings to the citizens of The North Pacific,

On behalf of all of Narnia, I first would like to thank you for allowing Narnia to open this embassy on your soil. I hope that this will be the start of a fruitful friendship between our regions.

For those of you who do not know me, I am Fotar, a talking fox of Narnia. When I began my political career, I quickly rose to the position of Vice Chancellor, serving a wide variety of roles as the main assistant to the Lord Chancellor. My rise to power came as the year 2008 came to a close and the Lord Chancellor resigned. Since then, I have been working to bring Narnia back to the glory it once was, along with some new changes. Foreign affairs is one of those new changes, as is evident by this embassy.

I would like to tell you some more about our region. Hopefully this will help you understand the updates that get posted here in the future.

Government Structure:

Originally, The Council of Narnia was a mostly democratic region, with all government positions except the Lord Chancellor being elected. This did not last long, however, as a lack of interest and too small of a regional population made for an excess of wasted time and ambition. We then became more council-like, with the Lord Chancellor appointing officials. This led to a population and activity boon that I like to think of as a Golden Age. As that age died out and the Lord Chancellor became busier and busier, my duties as vice chancellor increased and it more or less became just myself and the LC running things. When the LC retired, I implemented a more concrete form of government, which is still evolving now. It is more like a council once again, but instead of appointing all government officials (called Chancellors), they are elected.

The Imperial Army:

The Imperial Army of Narnia is a defender/liberator army. We will assist any region that requests our help in preventing raider control of regions. We are also a member region of the Founderless Region Alliance (FRA) and will assist our allies on their missions.

Other Tidbits:

Operation Lion’s Roar was once a program in CoN which gave nations extensive training for the World Assembly. Disbanded due to a lack of leadership for it, OLR was very successful in its time, with its high point coming with the passing of now-repealed WA Resolution 13: Fair Criminal Trial. Hopefully, someday, OLR will once again become active in Narnia!

Our forums offer a variety of activities open to citizen and foreigners alike. We have minor roleplay, plans for more extensive roleplay, NS discussions, real life discussions, and of course the normal regional stuff. If you’d like, drop in and say hi…we love to have visitors. http://z3.invisionfree.com/Council_of_Narnia/index.php

That is all I can think of right off the bat. Feel free to ask any questions you might have about Narnia, I would be more than happy to answer them. Until I get a foreign affairs councilor, I will be the one posting any updates. Since I also have to actually run Narnia, sometimes it might be a while between posts. ;) But do not think I have forgotten you! I will return with an update! In general, expect an update post at least about once a month!

Greetings Everyone;

My nation name is Spartzerina, and I'm the Vice Chancellor of The Council of Narnia. Several weeks ago, I was asked by Fotar, our Lord Protectorate, if I could step up to the position of Vice Chancellor. I accepted, and so I'll be doing many of the updates in our embassy, which will now happen regularly.

A lot has been going on in Narnia as of late. Just over 100 days ago, Fotar took over as leader of our region. Since then, the High Council of Narnia, which includes Fotar, myself, and Cocodian, The Marshall of the Imperial Army, have been hard at work planning the future of our region. After many weeks of hard work, Narnia is at last ready to take its next step in returning to and exceeding its previous glory.

Our government is now fully operational, with a fully operational High Council, Lower Council, and Commoner’s Council. We have redefined what makes a citizen in Narnia, updated our forums, and cleaned out the cobwebs and dust the outdated topics were collecting. We have had foreign regions begin to establish embassies on our forums, and our regional population has remained steady.

Perhaps the biggest achievement of Narnia in the past month or so is the Imperial Army. We have been involved in various campaigns, both on our own, and with the FRA. All missions were completed to success, with an outstanding amount of participation for such a small region.

Indeed, big things are happening in Narnia!

For that reason, we are taking Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week to celebrate, and kick off this new era in Narnia. As citizens of a region we count among our friends, you are all invited to join us on our forums to celebrate our achievements, our goals, and to help us start this new era!

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Council_of_Narnia/index.php

I will be back later this week, or early next week, with a normal regional report!

~With Aslan’s Roar,
Spartzerina, Vice Chancellor of the Council of Narnia

Hey everyone. I am Kekova and I am the new Foreign Affairs Minister for CoN. I believe I am the new diplomat. I will try to keep you guys informed as best I can.

Greetings citizens of The North Pacific,

Ah, it is good to be back once again. I would like to personally express my regrets and apologies that Narnia has not kept our embassy up to date. Having an embassy is a privilege, not a right, and we are very honored to have been granted an embassy here. With this in mind, we shall strive to uphold our own honor by keeping our embassy up to date from henceforth.

If I had to pick a word to describe Narnia over the past 6 months...it would be instability. As the Lord Protectorate of Narnia, this is a blame I take full responsibility of, and it is the main cause of our lack of updates here. I have been trying hard for months to revive Narnia to the glory we once had over a year ago now. However, in making this attempt, the instability I created has only served to prevent that very goal from being accomplished.

It is with a new perspective that we now go forth. This new perspective will hopefully help us grow as we return to the basics of what made Narnia great once upon a time. A simple, strong central government, called the High Council...the Imperial Army...and an active role in world politics will usher in this new era. What will be, and always has been different about us, will be how we conduct ourselves. Our culture expects the very most in honor, chivalry, and respect. And so it is that which we shall always strive for.

A full update containing information from each sector of our government should be coming your way by the first of the month. I look forward to conversing with you, and shall be checking this thread in case you have any questions or comments.

With the Lion's Roar,
~Fotar, Lord Protectorate of Narnia

Greetings once again, citizens of The North Pacific,

A new government system has begun this day in Narnia! Prior to today, we had a confusing, tiered council system where just a few members ended up doing most of the work, leaving out the valuable skills of many of our veteran members. We have now adopted a single, High Council, made up of a variety of CoN's finest members. Each member has a special role on the Council, which will aide in creating a stable, efficient government. It is our hope that after having things run smoothly for a few weeks, that we will begin work on some larger, exciting projects! It is indeed a very exciting time!

As Lord Protectorate and WA Delegate of Narnia, I have taken the duties normally appointed to a foreign affairs official upon myself. Therefore, I will continue to be posting updates, at least at the beginning of each month. Occasionally, if circumstances prevent me from doing so, Spartzerina, the Vice Chancellor, will fill in for me. For now though, I will leave you with a list of the members of the High Council. Feel free to contact them as you wish if you have any questions about our region!

The High Council of Narnia:
Fotar, Lord Protectorate
Spartzerina, Vice Chancellor
Cocodian, Marshall of the Imperial Army
Delfar Appalachia, Speaker of the High Council
Saxtron, Minister of the Interior
FRA Representative, to be determined still...
Council Elders, Kekova and Wuddup

In His Roar,
Fotar, Lord Protectorate of Narnia

Greetings from Narnia!

Two months ago, I came before you with an outline to a new Narnia. Two months in, and our new government system is working well. It isn't perfect by any means yet...as is evident by pretty much the whole month of November, which saw little activity. However, October saw a lot of progress to getting Narnia back on track and a population jump. Some of those nations have since ceased to exist, but we are steady right now at a population of 36, which is a good 10 nations higher than our steady point at the start of October.

If you haven't noticed, our region now has a flag. This isn't the finished product yet though, and The High Council will be releasing a final version shortly for the region to approve or reject.

High Councilman Kekova suggested early in October that my title be changed from Lord Protectorate to Lord Chancellor. Since the first Lord Chancellor and founder of the region, the Narnian Council, has given me free reign and likely will not return to a leadership role in the region, the change in title was deemed appropriate by the High Council. I agreed, and shall thusfar be known as the Second Lord Chancellor of Narnia.

The High Council has also been working on some forum upgrades, including an eventual conversion to a zetaboards forum. This is an ongoing project as well.

Foreign Affairs have been disappointingly quiet, but will hopefully pick up in December. Early in October, Narnia and the Commonwealth had been continuing talks regarding the relationship of the two. However, the Commonwealth was then struck by conflict and has since disintegrated.

That is all for now. Hopefully things will pick up more again in the future to warrant more updates. Our updates, despite the original plan, will not be coming at a regular monthly interval...but just when we actually have something to share! Take care!

In His Roar,
~Fotar, Lord Chancellor of Narnia

I don't have a fancy message or picture to post, but know that the Council of Narnia is thinking of you, our valued friends, this Christmas! Merry Christmas!

Greetings fellow NationStates members from the Council of Narnia,

Welcome to a new year and a new start for the Council of Narnia. As Speaker of the High Council, I would like to encourage all of you to make this one of the best years on NationStates!

The Council of Narnia recently implemented new goals and objectives to grow in strength and number. A recent surge in recruitment led to a region high of 54 countries. Twenty eight of these members are recent recruits and we send them a special welcome. In addition, I would like to point out the new citizenship guidelines established in our region. All members, new and old, submit their information to the Immigration queue in preparation for taking an oath of allegiance. Many already completed this requirement and are actively participating in our forums already.

We have also experienced a few significant changes in leadership in our region. Lord Chancellor Fotar has taken a significant lead in promoting foreign relations. With his promotion to Lord Chancellor, Cocodian assumed position as Vice Chancellor and has taken an active role in governing, delegation, and admin duties on the forums. You may have received an update from Cocodian recently, and I urge you to read it again as most of the same statements still apply.

I would also like to draw your attention to the fact Spartzerina has been appointed to Imperial Army Marshall. Speaking of which, please note that the Imperial Army has been resurrected. Look for activity to follow shortly.

Currently our Lord Chancellor is on a short leave or absence and we hope to surprise him on his return with strong recruitment numbers. Our numbers have been advancing rapidly with a goal of 65 members by January 14--only 10 days away! Our long term recruitment goal of 100 by March making our region one of the top 100 on NationStates.

Again a Happy New Year on behalf of all members of the High Council!

By His Roar,
Delfar Appalachia, Speaker of the High Council

Narniabanner.jpg

Population: 119
Regional Power: High
Delegate Endorsements: 37

Change in Government

Over the last few weeks CoN has seen a huge change in its government structure, with an aim to get newer members involved in the region to try and encourage activity. Arguably the largest change is the democratisation of the High Council, with elections for 5 positions going on now. This is the first time nearly everyone in CoN has seen a part elected government and this sparks a massive change for our region, which we all hope will get both new and old nations interested in the region. Nominations have opened now, for five days for the following positions:

1)Internal Affairs Minister
2) Foreign Affairs Minister
3) Recruitment Minister
4)Speaker of the High Council
5) Assistant WA delegate.

We will announce the results once the process is over.

In addition to the elections, CoN has seen another change in its leadership- our Lord Chancellor, Fotar has stepped down from the daily leadership of the region due to commitments in RL and has handed the reigns to the new Lord Protector Cocodian, who, along with The Marshall Spartzerina remains the only appointed member of the High Council.

The whole of CoN hopes that the changes made will help to propel CoN forward and create a new period of activity. If you are interested in the elections then come on over to our forums!

IA is back in Action

Within the passed week the IA has been reformed under the leadership of one of the High Council's most experienced member, Spartzerina, with Wopruthien, being appointed Military Advisor to the High Council. The uptake to the IA looks relatively promising and you should all see the Council of Narnia's flag over a certain Warzone soon and after that IA members working in conjunction with the FRA and other regions to defend the world of Nationstates!

Population

We have recently seen nothing short of a population explosion, going from a region with 30 nations to 130 nations in just a few months. Currently CoN is the 45th region in terms of region size and its delegate has an impressive 37 endorsements. Our next population aim is 140 with the hope of 175 nations nearer the summer.

Our new citizen process has caused this rise in WA endorsement, stipulate the responsibility of CoN members to become part of the WA and our forums are more active then ever. We hope to continue this trend with the new recruitment and internal affairs ministers.

That concludes CoN's update, I will report back with the results of the elections, however we are anxious to increase our foreign affairs, so hopefully you should be hearing from us much more often.

e5004051.gif

Cocodian
Lord Protector of The Council of Narnia

CoN Forums: www.s3.zetaboards.com/Council_of_Narnia

Back