My absence

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
I do not normally bring Real life into Nationstates much. But I think I owe you an explanation.

Just over three weeks ago (while my computer was kaput) my dad, who is 85 and lives alone some 60 miles away, had an exploratory operation which showed a large cancer in his bowel with other secondaries elsewhere in the abdomen. Cell tests show the cancer probably started in the prostate but has spread widely.

There is treatment, but the prognisis at his age is not terribly positive. The fact that he lives alone and is a stubborn cuss (he would not stay in hospital a day more than necessary) has compounded difficulties.

My work has been absolutely, totally brilliant, putting me on half time (but full pay!) and giving all the flexibility I need to spend a lot of time in London sorting dad's situation and affairs out. We now have some of the care package he needs in place, and things are slightly settling down.

I am really not sure what the next few weeks will hold. Depending on his response to radiotherapy etc dad may decline steeply soon, or this might go on for months and months. Realistically, though, we are talking about WHEN rather than IF.

Either way, I think it is unlikely I will ever be as active a regional delegate as I dearly want to be. At the moment I am catching up on forums quickly before I drive to London, or when I get home, or at odd moments on a laptop. As you will understand, my first responsibility when I am at home has had to be my job and my own family. NS is on the back burner.

I am going to be taking advice from the Cabinet as to what I should do, but I totally understand if the Regional Assembly asks me to step aside. At the moment it is only a sense of duty and responsibility that means I have not resigned. I would not take impeachment personally :P .

And I REALLY REALLY want to thank Tresville. My respect for him has risen exponentially as, without question or complaint he has kept on and kept the region safe. Kudos, my man. You are a player in a thousand.

In a million brother in a million. lol

Take care of your own first. Good luck to them.

I thought it was funny that I received a TG saying "Sydia is trying to overthrow you by tarting!" lol

NS is trivial beyond belief when compared to RL matters such as this; no one can fault your dedication. My thoughts are with you and your family.

@ Cisco; who sent you that? I must note to banject them when the revolution comes...

Flem you have my prayers.

I know from personal experience how difficult it is when you are the only one around and it's an advanced stage of cancer. Just do what you need to do, and the folks on this end will manage.

A little late since I had to catch up with TNP happening, but I feel the need to post a small reply:

:hello: Good luck for you and your family. Take care.

Back