Um... Boss?

Like someone said before, we are at war...
We are?

Oh you mean figuratively speaking.

Um, here's the Endorsement Info for everyone with more than 80 endos in TNP as of right now.

1The Tresville Element -152
2Wee Tiddle On The Wap -107
3Mr Sniffles -101
4Groovistan -100
5Zemnaya Svoboda -98
6Yaorozu -97
7Sydia -96
8Impenyer -95
9Ator People -92
10Former English Colony -91
11Ilvsivm Ii -90
12Namyeknom -86
13Great Bights Mum -83
14Thadmoria -82
15Vaticania Prime -80

I'm keeping an eye on Wee Tiddler. I may be paying the Blue Moon raiders who supposed contacted him about joining them a visit.

I think he should've been banned a week ago. We've had legal cover for weeks now, Art 3.1.9 mandates the VD to have the second highest endocount and acting VD ZS has been reduced to fourth for some time.

Sooner of later someone's going to asking whether or not we're following the law and if not, what other Constitutional provisions we're ignoring.

But has anyone seen the boss around?

Recent time constraints mean I haven't had chance to tart (it's time consuming and very tedious), once I get a free stretch I'll use the Commonwealth's counter and get cracking.

Recent time constraints mean I haven't had chance to tart (it's time consuming and very tedious), once I get a free stretch I'll use the Commonwealth's counter and get cracking.
Don't know if it'll help at all, but here's a list of nations Sydia hasn't endorsed:

You legend AP. I'll endo (and TG, I'm not taking any chances) these fellas right away. I'll need time to TG all those nations I've endorsed who haven't endorsed me.

Ok, all those have been endorsed and telegrammed for good measure.

You joke, but that may well end up being the case! I understand Flem has been having technical issues that prevent him accessing the internet at all. I can sympathise...

I've TG'd every nation I've endorsed who hasn't returned it. I included the forum addy, might as well try and boost activity here while I'm at it.

Must have been additional unforeseen problems. Tres is active, though, so the region is secure. Tres also has a comfortable fifty-ish endo lead on the nearest potential threat, which might as well be a thousand endo count lead. I'll keep tarting whenever I can.

Unforseen ... yeah, you could say that.

please read this thread: CLICKY and advise.

Question for debate: SHOULD I RESIGN AND ALLOW FRESH ELECTIONS?
I'm extremely sorry for your circumstance but we need to show the government as still functioning with a strong cabinet still running things. That the region can continue despite the loss of one man, any man.

It's extremely important that we follow succession laws. That unforseen tragedy has struck and we have no clue what to do, leading to some sort of illegitimate government no one respects and no one claims to have elected.

It's really up to you, you can take a hands off role. Give your pass to Sydia and you can take up the reins when you feel like it or wait till re-election, whatever happens first.
Resign, and have Syd takes over officially.

Either way, the only election that will take place is the one for Vice Del according to the Constitution.

Art 3:
Section 1: Delegate and Vice Delegate

1. The Delegate shall serve as TNP WA Delegate and as Head of State.
2. The Delegate is authorized to style his own title.
3. The Delegate is responsible to ensure the good governance of the Executive Branch of TNP and may appoint and remove at will executive officers from the Assembly to serve at his pleasure.. Executive officers must maintain membership in the Assembly.
4. The Delegate is responsible for the legal management and update of the Regional World Factbook Entry.
5. The Delegate is responsible for the security of the region, and is charged with the use of regional controls to eject and ban nations from the region in accordance with the laws of TNP.
6. The Delegate may veto bills passed through the Assembly that do not attain at least 60% supermajority in favor.
7. Each Player may, at most, only serve two terms as Delegate consecutively.
8. In any instance where the Delegate is absent, incapacitated, unwilling or unable to carry out his duties the Vice Delegate shall exercise the powers of the Delegate.
9. The duty of the Vice Delegate is to have the second highest endorsement count. The Delegate shall exercise discretion in banning nations whose endorsement count exceeds that of the Vice-Delegate.

I'll leave the call up to Flem and the cabinet, but I am within 15 endorsements of Tres and able to perform my duty as the elected Vice Delegate should you ask it.

Personally given the nature of the circumstances I don't think it's fair to ask Flem to devote his time to NS when there are clearly more important things at the moment.

:2c:

I'll leave the call up to Flem and the cabinet, but I am within 15 endorsements of Tres and able to perform my duty as the elected Vice Delegate should you ask it.

Personally given the nature of the circumstances I don't think it's fair to ask Flem to devote his time to NS when there are clearly more important things at the moment.

:2c:
Sounds good to me.

Flem should take all the time he needs. I'm just presenting options.
I agree, however the option you present is the correct one according to the constitution. Through no fault of his own, Flem is now unable to carry out the duties of the elected office of delegate (and, being ranked #30 in WA endorsements and given the circumstances this is not going to change); Act 3, Section 1, Point 8 of the constitution is applicable.

Indeed. I have absolutely no problem with stepping aside for Sydia. In fact, at the moment it would be a relief. I wanted to hear from you guys before I did anything.

Anyone else want to give an opinion.

I think we should give Flem the choice of simply allowing Sydia to be acting Delegate, or resigning, whichever he's more comfortable with.

Since we now know the circumstances for Flem's absence, it wouldn't seem fair to apply the inactivity provision, so I think either of those options would be an appropriate solution.

If Flem or Sydia prefer some sort of action by the RA, let me know and I'll convene the CLO to place an emergency item for a vote in the RA. We neeed to do something if for no other reason that certain powers belong exclusive to the Delegate (such as setting the election calendar which is due before the end of February) and if Sydia is going to have to carry the workload, we need clarity so we don't get things tangled up.

I think we should give Flem the choice of simply allowing Sydia to be acting Delegate, or resigning, whichever he's more comfortable with.

Since we now know the circumstances for Flem's absence, it wouldn't seem fair to apply the inactivity provision, so I think either of those options would be an appropriate solution.

If Flem or Sydia prefer some sort of action by the RA, let me know and I'll convene the CLO to place an emergency item for a vote in the RA. We neeed to do something if for no other reason that certain powers belong exclusive to the Delegate (such as setting the election calendar which is due before the end of February) and if Sydia is going to have to carry the workload, we need clarity so we don't get things tangled up.
This is an excellent point and one I am ashamed I did not bring it up myself.

Given the tragic circumstances how appropriate is it to be throwing around laws and whatnot? I'm more than willing to carry whatever workload is necessary to support Flem in this difficult time.

Judicial elections have to be held in April.
The specific dates have to be set by the Delegate 30 days before the beginning of the election cycle -- there is some discretion given the Delegate as to the exact dates:
Law 26 Preamble:
“Election Cycle” is defined as the period of time that begins on the first day on which nominations, or a declaration, of candidacy are made, includes all voting periods, and concludes with the final declaration of results for an election. The exact dates for the Election Cycle shall not include any legal holidays provided in Law 23, and those dates shall be designated at least 30 days in advance by The Delegate so as to encourage the greatest level of participation by eligible voters during the designated month.

And the Delegate has to select at least one Election Commissioner for judicial elections during the month of March:
Law 26 Section 2:
2. The Delegate must select one or more Election Commissioners to oversee the nomination and election processes, at least one week before the month in which the Election Cycle begins.

Back