Changing Votes

Sydia and some members believe that after a vote has started people must make up their minds free from any further discussion. As such:

RA Procedure

1) No RA member is allowed to change their votes after they have been cast.

If possible and if this passes, I feel the admins should possibly remove the edit buttons for all RA members excluding mods and admins in the Public Chamber.

I'll definitely vote NAY on this.

With the extended voting time, there is a chance for new info to come out. This isn't like RL where everyone votes at once in real time.

This proposal is based on an incorrect assumption that editing in specific threads can be limited. No, the IF software we use doesn't permit that sort of restriction.

Legislators change their mind on votes all the time until the voting period is closed, and I see no reason to change that practice. The changing of votes wasn't the problem in the recent SC amendment vote; It was the lobbying by the Speaker that apparently was the problem. (Sniffles didn't contact me, and I wasn't aware that he had been until after the vote closed. The official who did contact me had every right to do so.)

Listen, we have pretty long voting periods here, which I think is good.

It gives us time to sway on the fence a bit during voting and allow you to digest arguments during previous debates, hence if you notice something that might turn your abstain to an AYE or a NAY, you can do so.

I don't mind people changing their votes after they are cast (as long as it's in the designated time, of course, and for that we have edit stamps). Rather,it is said members being contacted and requested to change cast votes that I had concerns about.

The politicking and cajoling that take place during elections and legislative votes are part of the fun in my opinion, even if I disagree with the outcome of a particular vote.

If your amendment is failing (or one you oppose is passing) and you believe you can call in a few favors to have RA members change their votes and you succeed, good for you.

Back