Attorney General

Tresville

TNPer
We still need the AG seat to be filled. Any applicants?

Would like some suggestions from thecurrent and future judges as well.

He's a judge tomorrow. Well...actually he's a MOFA today...next day he resigns and is a judge. That may be a record!!

What do you intend for the role of the AG to be?
The attorney general is the top lawyer for The North Pacific government. The Attorney general's office is part of the Justice Department . The Attorney General is in charge of representing the government in civil cases and criminal matters.

Applicants should have some experience and should be capable of understanding the general practice of law.

What do you intend for the role of the AG to be?
The attorney general is the top lawyer for The North Pacific government. The Attorney general's office is part of the Justice Department . The Attorney General is in charge of representing the government in civil cases and criminal matters.

Applicants should have some experience and should be capable of understanding the general practice of law.
I have such experience. I will like to apply :ADN:

I think we need to clarify that the AG represents the government before The Court of TNP, he is in other words, the chief prosecutor in criminal cases before the Court. He does not control or oversee the Court.

This is a point that has been a source of confusion in the past, and I hope we can avoid the confusion.

Didn't I say that? lol

We can make that distiction in the forum description in the justice forum. I still need Office of Legal Affairs moved to the Justice section.

"The office of the region's chief law officer and prosecutor. Currently occupied by " We should change that to Office of the Attorney General.

I am wondering....does the AG even need a whole forum?

The office needs one simply because it handles decisions to bring criminal cases. The Court shouldn't even get involved unless there's a reason for the AG to believe that a crime was committed.

The Court will work according to the Constitution and Bill of Rights and will endeavor to work with the Attorney General in all matters openly and swiftly.

Once we get a nominee, I can call a vote by the 23rd.

Also placing the Constitution and laws in the regional assembly forum was always a curious move, I guess it's easier to update laws closer to the vote threads. But the Constitution and the Legal Code have been out of date since June with many a typo too...

It makes more sense to make a pinned thread stating the office either within the Del's section or within the Court section. Having served two terms, it's pretty quiet until shit hits the fan. And that never happens here...

So in other words...if a certain RA member stalks me via a few messengers in regards to something TNP related...and I want to take action...I take it to the Ag not the courts?

If the RA needs a decision that is not civil or criminal in relation...the AG doesn't have to be contacted...correct?

Once we get a nominee, I can call a vote by the 23rd.

Also placing the Constitution and laws in the regional assembly forum was always a curious move, I guess it's easier to update laws closer to the vote threads. But the Constitution and the Legal Code have been out of date since June with many a typo too...

It makes more sense to make a pinned thread stating the office either within the Del's section or within the Court section. Having served two terms, it's pretty quiet until shit hits the fan. And that never happens here...
One of my first activities as Judge, if the current vote holds, will be to address the out of date issues in the Legal Code.

Most of the Laws can be reworded so that they conform to the current Constitution without much change at all. Hopefully the RA will see it the same way and allow us to correct them.

So in other words...if a certain RA member stalks me via a few messengers in regards to something TNP related...and I want to take action...I take it to the Ag not the courts?

If the RA needs a decision that is not civil or criminal in relation...the AG doesn't have to be contacted...correct?
Technically there is no need for an Attorney General at all under the Constitution.

However, it is reasonable to see the need for a prosecutor in the event of the region seeking criminal or civil issues against a nation, or vice versa so the position is relevant.

That being said, the only time the AG will ever be active is when there is a complaint to the Court asking for legal action either from the region towards a specific nation or a nation against the region.

Any questions of constitutionality or clarification will be addressed by the Court directly per the Constitution.

:lol:

I'd like to apply, but I don't know if there are some sort of restrictions based on my slightly limited time here in TNP. If I am eleigible, I'll apply, otherwise...well I can't apply.

Appointed positions, like the AG, are at the discretion of the Delegate and only need be members of the Regional Assembly. Currently the Delegate seems to favor having a RA vote for approval of appointments but that isn't necessary under the Constitution.

I'll leave this up for one more day. Chowda...do you really think u can handle the position? It requires someone who has a mind for law.

I actually will not be making this one a RA Acceptance vote.

Chowda head...u have the job. but understand this...if I see that you can't handle it...I will appoint another. If that happens I hope you don't take it personal....it's part of the business of governing. Most likely I will simply suspend u and have the RA decide if it should come to that.

If you agree and understand...post your oath young man and take a seat!!

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!! I don't know how I missed this. All I know is that work has been crazy the past few days. If it's not too late to accept, I'll go post my oath.

Back