NTO?

Much like the regional update box in the forum.

I don't see anything wrong with it...but you must always be careful when stroking Tao's ego. Now he will go through out forums saying TNP submitted to the NTO....if u remember that is what he was asking in the RMB.

From TNP Regional Message Board:
**10 minutes ago** The CommRanger Commander of -TAO- - "The ascii-holers are out in force today. Da%# pouchies!!!

Earlier today, TAO was the target of a repressionist movement by Sirocco the Game Mod. In the wee hours, TAO took the delegate seat of of The Editing Floor and posted this in the WFE:

World Factbook Entry: The BlackSheep Squadron has taken this Region for the New TAO Order and the World Pudding Alliance in protest of the inadequacies of NS2.

We will eject all the mods to The Rejected Realms in protest of this abomination until our demands have been heard! Power to the players! Fix NS2 or sleep with Kandy!

Tell Sirocco about it: www.siroccothemod.blogspot.com

Oddly, Sirocco did not appreciate the candor of our movement and TAO (along with his supporters) was sent on an all-expense paid visit to Kandy-Land.

While the food and accommodations found at the Hotel Kandorin were exquisite, the travel arrangements provided were sub-standard. By contrast, I would prefer to travel by ... say ... Air Kosovo.

Anyway ... TAO invites all of you to join the boycott of ~you-know-what~. And when you take time to reflect on game matters, consider aligning yourself with the New TAO Order. We may not be a great organization (yet) but we are a GRAND organization.

NTO: trying to make the NS world a better and more active place ... just by being there.
6 minutes ago The CommRanger Commander of -TAO- [OOC]
For the record ...

The above is NOT a personal attack against Sirocco or any Game Mod. It is simply a recollection of an earlier game event as seen through the eyes of TAO. Personally, I would have done exactly as Sirocco did .. though an EJECT only would have been sufficient.

I harbor no ill feelings and wish to engender none. The Game is ALIVE, my friends, and WE are the ones who will continue to give it Life. "
[/OOC]

From The Editing Floor Regional Message Board:
**4 hours ago** The Holy Hippocracy of Sirocco - "If you want to make your opinions on NationStates 2 well known I'd recommend contacting OMAC and giving them a well-presented argument on what you think would improve the game.

This region wasn't built for the discussion of NS2 though so... byeeee... "

**40 minutes ago** - The NTO Tao Stalking Nation of Tresville Domination - "Tao for Game MOD!!

I haven't received my invite either!!! I still think this is a conspiracy. Some of the worst NS players are on the new game.

Also it is bad form to invite all the MODS to the game first!!! It is a conspiracy I tell ya...I blame CN!!! "

**40 minutes ago** The Anti Punctuation Terrorist of Lenny Briscoe - "I blame the ADN. "

**20 minutes ago** - "The The Darkesian Study of Flaming Poptarts - "Me too!

I just dropped by because I saw Tresville come here and he is soooo hawt...

I follow him around fantasizing. I just can't help myself. "

I love it! The WFE entry from TAO was hilarious! :rofl:

I have not played NS2 yet, but from what I have seen, heard from others and from reading the FAQ it seems mediocre and boring. :shifty:

Yes, I have heard the same comment by many others.

I am afraid as usual we (ns players) will have to find ways to improve on the game.

I for one intend to try to integrate NS1 with NS2 in order to outdo those damn cners and keep the game as much fun as possible. If those bastards ever send me an invite! They are scared I tell ya!!!

Yes, I have heard the same comment by many others.

I am afraid as usual we (ns players) will have to find ways to improve on the game.

I for one intend to try to integrate NS1 with NS2 in order to outdo those damn cners and keep the game as much fun as possible. If those bastards ever send me an invite! They are scared I tell ya!!!
How do you plan on doing that?

There are no regions, and NS2 seems more focused on the individual. I also heard that the alliances do not have message boards to post on. The coming option of war seems rather boring in my opinion, I read the FAQ.

I had high hopes for NS2, we waited so long for this. I will scope it out if I get a BETA key or when the game is open to all. But, my expectations are low.

It wpuld be nice if we could get more information (at least, those of us who didn't get an invite for the beta test) so we can become more familiar with the basis of how NS2 operates.

It's hard to discusss much without having that infor, and if it can be done I would like to see come carryover of the primary members of TNP in the NS2 format,

Well I'm a moderator of a heavily populated continent in NS2's largest world (equivalent to a feeder region), and I can tell you that international activity, even here, is still quite minimal.

It does indeed seem to be more focused on the individual nation than power-bloc friendly.

It’s hard to "control" a continent effectively (so far, anyway) - as unlike regions, a moderator cannot banject nations - but only has editing power over the Continent forums (built-in), the Continent description (very large character count/image friendly) – and a sort of ‘rightful’ claim to leadership and government – but with little tools to support that.

Leaders of alliances have much more control…but rather than having power of a piece of land (that never loses importance) – they only have power over an organization that may include nations from all different continents….though organizations come and go with the wind – unlike set continents. I’ve yet to see how alliances can possibly conflict with each other (unless it’ll work like CN) – as leaders have ultimate control over their alliance.

Nations cannot move to and from continents yet (but will soon be able to) – and they will have the ability to invade continents via endorsements…but there’d be little point, as apart from being a recognized public figure, a moderator really has no other power.

War and the WA does not exist yet (but even non-WA members have the ability to endorse a moderator candidacy in a continent…though they are only permitted to endorse one person at a time)

I intend to create a sense of government in my continent (Australia in World 7) that can adequately rule (even without the ability to banject nations)…we’re probably the most organized in NS2 yet – but there’s a long way to go.

I do think that NS2 has a lot of potential. All it requires is that we NS1ers, that are used to certain functions, compromise our comfort with our current knowledge to extend a little more acceptance and effort towards the new political sequel.

Don’t go in there expecting a NationStates evolution – but instead expect a revolution. Once you get your head around all the new opportunities – I think its very possible to have just as much fun.

Sounds rather boring.

From what I read the war option is between nations, and you can declare on other nations, and you can ask for other nations to assist you. The war function sounds like it will be more automated then anything.

Is there any plan to give moderators of continents any real power? Is there a Civil HQ for the continents where nations can post? Or os the built in forum a replacement for this?

I do think that NS2 has a lot of potential. All it requires is that we NS1ers, that are used to certain functions, compromise our comfort with our current knowledge to extend a little more acceptance and effort towards the new political sequel.

Don’t go in there expecting a NationStates evolution – but instead expect a revolution. Once you get your head around all the new opportunities – I think its very possible to have just as much fun.

I am open minded, but NS2 sounds a bit complicated, boring, and more centered on the individual. The reason I like NationStates and have played for close to 5 years is that the gameplay is simple and enjoyable. But, the level to which the players have taken the game is incredible and is the other factor that has kept me in the game.

NationStates2 sounds a bit like Cybernations and I never became a fan of CN. This does not sound like an evolution or revolution, but their version of CN with the features of the original NS.

Joshua:
Sounds rather boring.

Well I politely disagree. It'll be difficult to judge for yourself until you get in.

When NS1 was first released, it would have been boring as hell for all nations involved, because its really quite simple. Now look at what its become.

NS2 is not exactly accommodating for the power-hungry dictator (though changes are possible), but it includes alot more juicy features, heaps more control over the face of your nation, and just a different way of internationally representing yourself.

As someone who has already had quite a bit of experience in NS2 - I'll say again that no, it doesn't take what NS1 has, adding cooler features (something that I personally expected). It has a new dynamic that is difficult, yes, for the avid NS1er to adjust to - but once it happens - a whole new world of political pwning awaits. :D

So yes, it isn't what I expected - but once you move past the initial shock reaction to the unfamiliarity of the game functions (which most aren't seeming to get over yet)...I definitely think the thing has potential.

So in short - please lets not be so hasty. Give it a chance to find its feet - as we allowed for NS1.

NS2 is still very immature compared to NS1. Neither game is that good on pure game mechanics, but NS1 became great because the players made it great. I don't have as much of a "feel" for NS2 yet, but I think it has potential once the glitches are fixed, all the features (including war) are enabled, and more players come in and get used to the game.

Back