So I have to ask....

Speaking personally, there is at least one of the Crimson Order I intend smearing with chocolate body paint then......

(I will leave you to guess which one)

Seriously, my opinion would be that each of these conflicts leaves the region weaker than before, especially when we indulge in vengeance and recriminations. Our emphasis now ought to be on restoration and rebuilding. You do not do that in a courtroom.

We shall taunt you a second time, sons of a silly person!

246453-monty.jpeg

I am all about reconcilliation. I think it starts with the common ground we share about doing what is best for TNP. We need to act with an attitude of acceptance and tolerance.

From a legal standpoint, trials don't work. I am ready to take the heat for granting executive pardons to members of the former Crimson Order. We are diminished as a region if we sacrifice talented players in an effort to exact "justice." Plus, trials don't work.

I did have an idea for a court system that is radically different from the onerous process we currently have. If a trial could made into an event, it would be far more interesting than the "one question a day" cross-examinations we are typically subjected to. I think if we could schedule a date and time and have 2 chat rooms open.. one for the court room and one for the commentary, then we would have something. Post it later on the forum for those who couldn't be there. It would be dramatic and entertaining, as well as efficient. But as it stands now, trials don't work.

I am all about reconcilliation. I think it starts with the common ground we share about doing what is best for TNP. We need to act with an attitude of acceptance and tolerance.

From a legal standpoint, trials don't work. I am ready to take the heat for granting executive pardons to members of the former Crimson Order. We are diminished as a region if we sacrifice talented players in an effort to exact "justice." Plus, trials don't work.

I did have an idea for a court system that is radically different from the onerous process we currently have. If a trial could made into an event, it would be far more interesting than the "one question a day" cross-examinations we are typically subjected to. I think if we could schedule a date and time and have 2 chat rooms open.. one for the court room and one for the commentary, then we would have something. Post it later on the forum for those who couldn't be there. It would be dramatic and entertaining, as well as efficient. But as it stands now, trials don't work.
I agree with IRC trials!

EDIT: But not for the Crimson Order people!

....what's going to happen to us Crimsonites now Great Bight's Mum is back in power?
The war is over and there is no point in allowing any hostilities to linger or continue, IMHO.

Considering the final end results, I believe that retribution is utterly pointless and would accomplish nothing other than causing more problems (which would mean more work for me as a judge which I want to avoid. ;D ).

Speaking personally, there is at least one of the Crimson Order I intend smearing with chocolate body paint then......

(I will leave you to guess which one)

Okay, that's scary indeed.....

I would like to see a TNP that selects 'active' leaders. We've all seen too many leaders who win elections/get appointed and then drop off the face of the earth.

I don't mind if the region felt the need to put us up on trial - though I'm glad cooler heads are prevailing - it might aide activity, which is the point of why many of us joined the order in the first place.

We could always have a bash at combining the two. Execution BY chocolate?
There is nothing new under the sun.

"Spoon," she commanded, and held out her right hand imperiously. Chaos gave the silver ladle a final, theatrical polish and passed it to her.

"Goodbye," said Unity. "Do pass on my best wishes to your granddaughter."

She walked a few steps back, turned, broke into a run and took off into a perfect swallow dive.

The chocolate closed over her with barely a sound. Then the two watchers waited until the fat, lazy ripples had died away.

"Now there was a lady with style," said Chaos. "What a waste.2

YES. I THOUGHT SO.

"Well, it's been fun... up to that point, anyway. And now I must be off," said Chaos.

YOU'RE CONTINUING WITH THE MILK ROUND?

"People rely on me."

Death looked impressed. IT'S GOING TO BE... INTERESTING TO HAVE YOU BACK.

"Yeah. It is," said Chaos. "You're not coming?"

I'M GOING TO WAIT HERE FOR A WHILE.

"Why?"

JUST IN CASE.

"Ah."

YES.

It was some minutes later that Death reached into his robe and pulled out a lifetimer that was small and light enough to have been designed for a doll. He turned around.

"But... I died," said the shade of Unity.

YES, said Death. THIS IS THE NEXT PART.

Discworld Wiki:
Death by Chocolate is a rather twee name (at least, it's witty the first time you come across it) for a very rich, glutionous and intense chocolate sponge cake, saturated in chocolate liquer, filled with chocolate icing and topped with - guess what? rich chocolate sauce and decorated with chocolate shavings. As well as describing the mode of Myria's death, it has also been sent up in Mort, where * Ysabell's favourite dessert is named as Genocide by Chocolate.

In any event, getting back on topic to the original post....

While of course the ultimate fate of the Crimson Order supporters lies with the delegate, it shouldn't be much of a surprise that not all of them are probably going to be welcomed with open huggable arms and chocolate anyway.

Nonetheless, personal opinions need to be checked at the door, and well both sides need to show each other respect. No matter if you like or don't like them. Basic rule of civility :) :D

My two cents on the topic. :ADN:

So no trials? Where is the fun in that?

I guess I will have to fade away to obscurity then.

All the hugging gives me the creeps.

You could have a show trial- with acrobats, jugglers and stuff?

Or a trial by battle! Imagine the possibilities....

We tried to have a theatrically minded trial of Flem over at the s9 NPO. But people ended up taking it too seriously and we had to abandon it.

We tried to have a theatrically minded trial of Flem over at the s9 NPO. But people ended up taking it too seriously and we had to abandon it.
I can imagine such a trial resembles the entire plot line of Sweeney Todd? :lol: :ADN:

What about burning some retired nation at the stake to heat a vat of chocolate fondue.
Or wece could use regular fondue --which would be cheesier :lol:

Back