Your musical career

Sydia

TNPer
Another one blatantly stolen off another forum, but good fun.

Here's how it works. Get you ass on wikipedia. Click 'random article' once.
The title of the article you get is your band's name. Click it again.
This is your album title. Click again 15 times.
These are track titles!

Here's mine!

Band name: Bletchley Park
Album title: Celulosa Arauco y Constitución
Track Listing -
1) Daniel P. O'Connell
2) Ar Rutba
3) Mercedes-Benz Mexico
4) Existence precedes essence
5) Lifford Reservoir
6) OAA
7) Bronis?aw Wildstein
8) Mercury
9) Soki
10) Pikes Peak Community College
11) Brevig
12) Hogg Island Boa
13) Robert L. Leggett
14) Filmography of Mammootty
15) Psi9 Aurigae

The bonus track is "Den döende dandyn". Which I imagine is a kinda Sigur Ros inspired instrumental.

Experimental jazz with political undertones? And, judging by the album title and track 3 some latin influence. Track 4 sounds a bit avant garde. Track 5 is a sweeping ballad. I think 'Mercury' will be the single. Although I'd definitely listen to tracks 12 and 14. 15 is electronica nonsense. We're all over the place.

Okay, I'll give it a whirl...

Band Name: Diamond Lake
Album Title: Avila Adobe

Track Listing -

1 - Henryk Úniegocki
2 - Francis Beaumont
3 - Sucre Municipality
4 - Michael Carvin
5 - Tor-Arne Fjellvikås
6 - Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
7 - SANNI
8 - Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
9 - Monmouth by-election
10 - Pierre Frolla
11 - The Pink Panther cartoons
12 - Joan Lingard
13 - Corporations based in Winnipeg
14 - Zainal Abidin Ahmad
15 - Ordo

:blink:

Diamond Lake makes it's debut with 'Avila Adobe', displaying their eclectic approach. Eight of their fifteen tracks are tributes to the individuals around the world that have influenced the band members. Other songs reflect their interest in Latin tension contrasted with reflections on theology and comedy. The band displays their disdain for agri-corporate capitalism with 'Corporations based in Winnipeg', and concludes this epic work with 'Ordo' to bring the disparate influences together with a final ordered peice.

Band/Artist: Virden Airport
Album Title: Business-to-Government

Track listing:
1. Leona Ozaki
2. Elliot Quincy Adams
3. Toddbrook Reservoir
4. Warningcamp
5. Ice Pop
6. Frederick Lenz
7. Electoral (Amendment) Act 1995
8. Charles Debbas
9. Heapsort
10. A Different Kind of Tension
11. Mamikonean
12. Delphine LaLaurie
13. Helengeli
14. 29th Air Division
15. Lotus Mark I
Hidden Track: The Prague Daily Monitor

Review: The social commentary of Virden Airport's ambitiously conceptual third album is somewhat lackluster, their heavy inspirational dependence on Britain's punk-rock revolutionaries leaves many of the songs on this album seeming a bit of a rehash. "A Different Kind of Tension", a hat-tip to one of the group's lead influences, the Buzzcocks, seems to come right out and say it: From ghettos streets / dark piers and junk / we'll never see the same old punk / copycat beats / cold repeats / rock-drowning hip-hop posers in a funk. The screaming guitar riffs and peaky vocals of Virden Airport's frontman, Portobello Edinburgh, tends to drown out the often-overlooked creative genius of their bassist, Ards Mulholland. Tracks composed by Mulholland ("Elliot Quincy Adams" and "Lotus Mark I") tend to favour his personal inspirations more, and are reminiscent of Entwistle and Jones. This album gets 3 out of 5 stars, and while some people say the greatest bassists are those without solos, this reviewer hopes Virden Airport will realize the untapped well of talent they have in Mulholland and let him loose on their next album.

Bletchley Park's eagerly awaited second album; Cheerleader Nation - a biting criticism on the proliferation of American 'culture'? Sounds like it! Let's fine out.

1) F-4 Phantom II operators
2) Perfect Castaway
3) Revolutionary Workers Party
4) United States Cup
5) Moose Creek
6) Assiniboia Airport
7) The Spirit of Christmas 2002
8) Tir (receptor)
9) Sphaceloma poinsettiae
10) YAGO
11) Barry Smith (hockey)
12) Bira gun
13) Óscar Torres
14) Grey-crowned Warbler
15) Desert rat

Hidden bonus track:
Glen Oak, New South Wales

After a difficult and experimental first album, "the Park's" second album Cheerleader Nation has the group creating a more established sound, although critics lament that the latin influence present in their earlier work has been forsaken for more overt political songs, particularly "F-4 Phantom II operators", and "Revolutionary Workers Party". The album has also been criticised for too much filler, with a drop in quality in the middle of the album from tracks 7-11. All in all, the band have perhaps found a new direction; but is it the right direction?

(Decided to be crazy and use the Wookiepedia instead :D ...)

Blasting off into stardom or destined to be forgotten in a galaxy far, far away?
A local Star Wars tribute band's debut album is reviewed by The Springville Spat music critic, Sophie Hillbottom.

Band/Artist:Bantha Butter
Album Title:Amanaman

Track Listing

1. Advanced Recon Commando (Heavy Gunner)
2. Ompersan
3. Lords of the Expanse
4. Tifnyl IVe
5. Asteroid Dancer
6. Sien'soro
7. Darth Maladi's Laboratory
8. Pallie Wine
9. Uda-Khalid
10. Senior Jedi General
11. Dark Horse Extra
12. George Lucas In Love
Bonus Track:"Amanaman"

Review: A tribute band to Wierd Al would be more like it. Bantha Butter is the perfect face for the rampant spread of nerds aspiring to musical abilities. No original composition is found on this album, the songs all crude interpretations of other artists' work. The one prop of the band is their stunning talent for original, and clever lyrics. Take track ten: "Senior Jedi General" - a pithy remake of a familiar song from Gilbert and Sullivan's Pirates of Penzance - you can't help but sing along: I am the very model of a senior Jedi General / I've information consortium, council and imperial / I know of every battle and I quote Jedi historical / From Palawa to Adumar in order categorical. The list of music they've used continues, from Elton John for "Asteroid Dancer" to UB40 for "Pallie Wine", and the bonus (and title) track "Amanaman" a spoof on the infamous Muppets "Manamana" tune. Bantha Butter span genre and geekdom in one fell album. In short, while "Amanaman" is fun and definitely full of nerd appeal, there's nothing musically original there.

Back