That Would Be An Awesome Band Name...

IndieGirl

TNPer
TNP Nation
IndieGirl
It's about bloody time we had a thread for something we're always doing around here: finding things that would be awesome band names.

So...that's how you play this game.

Come up with the best band names ever. For bands that don't actually exist.

Yet.

I shall start:

Skinning the Biscuits

The Greek Misfits.

;)

Great topic!
The Misfits is extant, one of the earliest punk bands and the founders of that 'horror punk' genre. They're OK. I know people who love them crazy, but I think their biggest achievement was getting the song "Ballroom Blitz" mislabeled as one of theirs on P2P programs like Limewire.

I was once vaguely and distantly connected to a Fargo, US band called Buttchuck. Since they never went anywhere I guess the name is still valid, or if not it's still a great name.

A friend has claimed 'dibs' on the bandname Lesbian Bed Death. For one night only Kirby was part of a band called the Vomiting Whorebags. Why yes it was a 'punk' band and no we didn't actually know how to play any instruments, why do you ask?

The same goes for our barbershop quartet the Killeen Kockgoblin Kontraption. And the Cocksuckling Carnage. We were awful, but we had a good schtick. Why did we play? Because we found out there was a beer discount if we claimed we were a band.

I "managed" a reggae-inspired trio called Apollo Creed. I put it in quotes because even though we started out with all kinds of ambition driving us it would only last until someone finished rolling the first spliff. We never made it out of the garage.

I like syber rad's Mighty Boy Optimus. Has a good ring to it. Bands that never ever existed? Hm...

Serious Enema
Prostate Carnage
Pretty Puppy's Purple Parade
Monochromatic Attic Fanatic
Queen Elizabeth Deals Heroin - QEDH, stick a needleend at the beginning --QEDH and it even looks like a syringe.

:lol:
A pleasure to be your muse, Syb-Syb.

Pearls Before Swine
Sack of Nineveh

Go on, say Nineveh. Just rolls of the tongue.

So does syphillis, but that doesn't mean you should call a band that... ;)

You're right, though. Ninevah's an awesome name.

The High Proxymaster

Back