Welcome to your new Consulate, please update it fairly regularly.
Grub is still in charge, as the founder if you mean. CO9 is now: Grub, Jesioneka, Sinn Féin's Ireland, The Candy Lane, The Enigmatic Nation, MinnaCaroline, Estayland, Twobagger.Tell us, who is in charge there these days?
Isle of Nixon declared in New Republica South. No one declared right away so Io Way declared to drum up interest, Gladii declared and Io Way withdrew. Parthini then declared. A few days later Gladii withdrew and then ALP declared.
Have I got all that straight? This has to be a record for most declarations for one seat. Who ever said the Islands were boring obviously hasn't been around during an election. Around at all really, but that's beside the point.
Senate Report: August 2007
Hockeynutville retired due to a conflict with real life priorities. Petalumadom resigned his post as Minister of Education and his citizenship in 10000 Islands to focus on his own region. He continues to be a presence on the forums under his new name Ambassadoratum. On a happier note, Sinn Feins Ireland, our Minister of Immigration, celebrated two years as an Islander on the 21st of the month. The 10000 Islands also celebrated Distinguished Service Medal Day honoring the nine nations who have received the lofty award.
Grub reached 10000 posts. Furthermore the longstanding record of 21 users on at once was broken on August 27th. The new record is 23. Girlsandboys compiled a list of those nations who have been hospitable and welcoming to new nations since welcoming reforms in November.
The Council of Nine unveiled a new section of the region, the Islands of the TITO Knights. Nations may launch expeditions for treasure and begin colonization of the previously secret islands should they so choose. Grub removed population requirements on world standings.
Council of Nine
The Co9 passes Resolution 2007-001 creating provisions for absentee ballots. Senator MinnaCaroline resigns her position to become Minister of Education.
The department begins keeping detailed records of who joins the region and which join the forum in order to be as welcoming and helpful as possible in an effort to keep recruits interested and get them active. Classes continued in the University. In addition a new feature was introduced by enterprising nation Soviet-Prussia, the University Bar.
The August Immigration Initiate was released and ushered in the start of the fourth Team Battle. Though faced with one of the notorious “graveyards months” the recruiters did a great job, brining in 66 new nations
“Awards for foreign dignitaries” continues to be discussed. Progress is being made. Govindia was appointed ambassador to Canada, Io Way ambassador to the North Pacific, and Siros ambassador to Europe. Shesharlie is working on a UN proposal regarding maritime borders. Our delegate, Jesioneka is working closely with Shesharlie on the project. Shesharlie needs a second UN endorsement to make the proposal and seeks any willing nation to provide it.
No AoN proposals made their way to the Co9 during the month of August
MinnaCaroline, The Gladii, and Twobagger were knighted as the twenty-third, twenty –fourth, and twenty-fifth Knights of TITO respectively.
AoN Monthly Report: August 2007
A slightly less active month than July.
A Lee Project is elected as the Official Opposition Leader and Italia Romanae is appointed the latest Censor.
The AoN saw several applicants to the AoN over the course of the month. It welcomes Govindia and Bletheropolis to its ranks and welcomes back San Juan Capital who returns after a term as senator
The AoN discussed putting a cap on AoN membership. This discussion was closed by its author 55 Nations and was not brought to a vote
No proposals were brought before the Council of Nine in August
Sorry it's a bit late.
A short recap of events and news from the islands...
- Senate elections for the New Republica South and Blue Canaria North constituencies are currently underway. The New Republica South seat is contested by Isles of Nixon, Parthini, and A Lee Project. Over at Blue Canaria North, The Enigmatic Nation is defending his seat against Shizenky and 55 Nations.
- Elections are always exciting to watch and its no different this time around. The race for New Republica South is particularly heated with active campaigning from candidates and their supporters. Grub has thrown his support behind Parthini, a TITO Knight, ex-delegate, and writer of the 10KI Constitution. Meanwhile, Isles of Nixon has garnered important endorsements from Sinn Feins Ireland and MinnaCaroline.
- In a surprising move, the Council of Nine (Co9) has banned retired senator and AoN speaker Girlsandboys (GnB) from the forum for two weeks. According to the Co9, the censure was in response to GnB's confrontational attitude and personal attacks on several islanders. This version of events is disputed by GnB and her supporters, whom maintain that the real issue was free speech or lack thereof.
- The censure of GnB has sent shockwaves through the region with several members jumping to her defense. Soviet-Prussia temporarily left the islands as a sign of protest (he has since returned). Several members have started to form a new party --- The Radical Party, to challenge the Constitution.
- Several proposals are being discussed at AoN. They include a proposal to increase the number of senate seats and a proposal to create a DEFCON warning system.
- Last month's 'lucky draw' to redistribute IMM shares was won by Twobagger. The lucky Taco Island Mayor won himself 1,143 IMM shares to the envy of everyone else.
- A "Name a Treasure" contest has been launched as part of the effort to expand the Regional Map. Participants are asked to name a treasure and write a short story in order to win.
- Taco Island has always been about fun and games. In addition to the hundreds of threads already in the subforum, several new threads were started recently. These include "Bother the mayor", a sort of invitation to spam Twobagger; "21", a counting game; and "Parthini and five", a random chat about Parthini and his mysterious connection with the number 5.
- Soviet-Prussia, MinnaCaroline, and Girlsandboys have successfully pulled off the first ever escape from Taco Island jail with the help of the KGB and Mafia.
- Taco Island's popularity is evident in the number of posts it captures. With 100,000 posts, its share of total forum posts is nearly 70 percent.
- Islanders mourn the loss of Coyotemen, former Taco Island Mayor and AoN member.
- Yavanna and Otupia also CTEd in the past few weeks. However, there is hope that they will be resurrected.
- Two more TITO nations were knighted since the last newsletter. The Gladii became the 25th and Gwizeldrop the 26th Knight of TITO. Both are decorated members and have served TITO with distinction. Congratulations!
- Last three weeks, TITO members saw action in "The North Pacific", "HHHS", "The Valliant Plains", "The BHG", "Flying nation in the sky", "Cazelia", "Antartica", "Ceylon", "E20 Memorial Region", "Wecanmisspellobscenities", "The Stronghold", "The Irish Empire", "Here be Dragons", "Starbucks", "Green Anarchy" and "Georgia", keeping these regions free from invader oppression.
- For the whole of August, TITO participated in a total 26 missions.
- Friends and diplomats from Jethnea, Founderless Region Alliance, Liberalia, Equilism, The Meritocracy have dropped-by for visits.
- 10000 Islands is pleased to present Io Way as the region's new emissary to The North Pacific.
- The State Department is looking for islanders willing to serve as emissaries to foreign regions. Currently, liason offices at Zurich, Non-Aligned States, The Youngworld and Nationstates (the region) are unstaffed. Please contact Jesioneka if you can help!
- In addition to official, registered political parties, there are several specialty groups in 10KI. They include the "Star Party", the "Taco Party", The "Really Really Ridiculously Cool People Whose Names Starts With S Club", the "Holy Order of Gun Trotting Old Farts", and "The Girls Only Club". The last one is reportedly a hot favorite among boys, ironically.
- Best quote of the week:
The Taco Toting Minister and RRC of Sinn Feins Ireland:
"Can we get some coconuts to clap together to make it sound as though we're on horseback please? ;D"
The United States of Grub:
"klop klop klop klop"
The Republic of The Enigmatic Nation:
"Excellent idea. klop klop klop klop."
The Musical Queens of MinnaCaroline:
"I love the coconuts and Monty Python!"
The Republic of The Enigmatic Nation:
Okay, when I said "Argument over" is wasn't a statement of observation. You want to continue this that's fine but do it privately.
The Scientists of Noyzistan:
^ three cheers for Enig!!!
...now, what were we talking about?
The witty Riposte of According to the:
Naked men cannot be cross-dressing. They can either be naked, or cross dressing, but not both at the same time. Boo!
The Whomping Nar Nars of Boolari:
G-string doesn't agree with you, Oscar.
The Union Province of San Juan Capital:
By the way, the USA also NEEDS to look south of the border... it has ignored Latin America since 2001... and then they go asking why is Chavez so popular...
The You'll Never Walk Alone of The States of Eridani:
I don't see anyone asking "Hmmm, I wonder why Chavez is so popular." I see them saying, "Oh $hit, Chavez is so popular."
I'm creating a new Political Party. We stand for Defending, Justice, Peace and Tacos for All! Not to mention Recruiting. Actually recruiting is our motto. Also Spamming is the name of the game, if you're a spammer then this political party is the one for you!
Wow Minna. This party seems really vague and really enthusiastic.
I am so in.