My weather blog

Winter Storm Watch issued for all elevations in both Gallatin and Lewis and Clark Counties:

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH
LATE SATURDAY NIGHT FOR PORTIONS OF CENTRAL...NORTH CENTRAL...AND
SOUTHWEST MONTANA...AS WELL AS THE ROCKY MOUNTAIN FRONT..

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREAT FALLS HAS ISSUED A WINTER
STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH
LATE SATURDAY NIGHT FOR PORTIONS OF CENTRAL...NORTH CENTRAL...AND
SOUTHWEST MONTANA...AS WELL AS THE ROCKY MOUNTAIN FRONT.

TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 TO 9 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE
WATCH AREA FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT.
GREATER ACCUMULATIONS...OF UP TO ONE FOOT...WILL BE POSSIBLE OVER
THE MOUNTAINS. THE HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED SATURDAY EVENING WHEN
A COLD FRONT MOVES ACROSS THE REGION...WHICH WILL ALSO BRING A
RAPID DROP IN TEMPERATURES.

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR
THE LATEST FORECASTS.

LISTEN TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR YOUR LOCAL MEDIA FOR THE LATEST
UPDATES ON THIS SITUATION.

$$

Snowed for a bit this afternoon, no accumuation though. Had an inch the other day.

I had to drive up to Lincoln yesterday, alot of wind and blowing snow on the pass - Snow Devils blowing snow off the trees. Got stuck briefly in a snow drift in Lincoln. Had to walk part of the way through drifts to get to the house where the computer I was working on was at.

Snowed for a bit this afternoon, no accumuation though. Had an inch the other day.

I had to drive up to Lincoln yesterday, alot of wind and blowing snow on the pass - Snow Devils blowing snow off the trees. Got stuck briefly in a snow drift in Lincoln. Had to walk part of the way through drifts to get to the house where the computer I was working on was at.
Awesome! We don't have that much snow here though. But my car did get buried with snow - by a ****ing snowplow plowing away snow that fell a week ago. That was stupid.

WOW!!! Finished with 10 inches on the dot. So much for the 1 inch forecast from the NWS.

As for this weekend's storm... winter storm warning with 4-8 inches expected. And wind chills ranging from -10 to -25. Bringing our total snow depth to nearly two feet. This is what winter is all about :)

Well, we had some flurries last night. That's all.

Snow and blowing snow warning in effect as of a half-hour ago. But it's only partly cloudy out with nothing on the radar.

<_<

Wow, I just got OWNED thoroughly by a snow-covered pothole/ditch thing. Went to park my car and the front right wheel got stuck in a ditch I needed a push to get me out. That was embarassing to the max.

The snow has finally begun. *leans back in his chair to watch*

Winter Storm Warning back in effect, expecting 4 - 8 inches here in the valley by one forcast, 3 -7 by another, and 8 - 16 by yet another.

Take you're pick.

Cold is coming, but not as cold as they were saying. Talking about 10 below or so, and back to the mid-20's by Wednesday.

Back