Peanut Gallery - TNP vs Mesian

For the record, the protectorate of NeKront is now a member of the West Pacific region -- serving as a base for the Vitrionian diplomatic team. I'll be sure to update Grosse on the movements of all the Vitrionian colonies, protectorates and crown dependencies, lest I get accused of treachery again.

Oh good lord people.

Does anyone honestly think the NPO gives a damn about TNP? That they're thinking of taking us over or something?

We're all in feeders, we have different forms of government, it works where it works. I can believe that the NPO's government is quite good for them without really wanting to participate in it. (Sorry guys, tried it and couldn't enjoy it) And I'm pretty sure they respect our form of government as working for us. So what's with the continued insistence of the OMG THE NPO IS COMING!! rhetoric?

Accusing people of divided loyalties is stupid when the fault here came from *TNP*. As long as someone shows they are willing to support TNP and democracy here, what they do elsewhere is pretty much their own business. Having people that are able to straddle multiple regions is a *good* thing when problems crop up. It allows for talking and discussion as opposed to suspicions and rumors.

Anyways, I'd just like to say that I fully support all the NPOers and their right to govern and play as they see fit, including the right to believe in TNP ideals for TNP.

:ph34r:

Wow. You guys are so fun!! Can come play here too? :w00t:

So this is how your democracy works....you can insult and threaten anyone who doesn't do what you want or resides in more than one region anytime things get heated.

Anyway, I thought this was about Mesian and what he did. Who knew it was all about YOU!

And I want to echo what Darkesia said!! She said it all.

:ph34r:

Wow. You guys are so fun!! Can come play here too? :w00t:

So this is how your democracy works....you can insult and threaten anyone who doesn't do what you want or resides in more than one region anytime things get heated.

Anyway, I thought this was about Mesian and what he did. Who knew it was all about YOU!

And I want to echo what Darkesia said!! She said it all.
Might I enquire as to the subject of your taunts?

Just so's y'all know, Byard and I have a date to do a deposition tonight. It's gonna be awesome. I'm bringing the booze.

I've just got to say this! I really find it amusing that this trial is still going on AFTER the "death" of the defendent. I always said that people could die waiting on a TNP trial. Of course, in this case, he was burnt at the stake in The Pacific, rather than the expected death of old age, but I was still proven correct. :rofl:

I just find it sad that Mesian has left the trial in such an idiotic and cowardly fashion. The betrayal of his region and switching between IC and OOC seem to go against his personal mottos of 'Don't Be a Jack to Your Mates' and 'Keep it Real'.

I just find it sad that Mesian has left the trial in such an idiotic and cowardly fashion. The betrayal of his region and switching between IC and OOC seem to go against his personal mottos of 'Don't Be a Jack to Your Mates' and 'Keep it Real'.
EM, this region knew far in advance of Mesian's exit that he would be leaving for the Navy at the end of May. They knew it and still continued on the path of stalling.

I hardly think leaving a game to serve in the military is a cowardly way to exit. I rather think it's cowardly of the officials that knew of his exit to stall till he was gone so they would not have to deal with the problems that this trial brought up.

EM, this region knew far in advance of Mesian's exit that he would be leaving for the Navy at the end of May. They knew it and still continued on the path of stalling.

I hardly think leaving a game to serve in the military is a cowardly way to exit. I rather think it's cowardly of the officials that knew of his exit to stall till he was gone so they would not have to deal with the problems that this trial brought up.
Yup!

And what is silly is he is being tried on the charges that lack the most evidence, and the one charge that had the most evidence was dropped.

Well I haven't heard that and cannot find anywhere in The North Pacific forums where it has been mentioned.

As for your second point, that has never been the case, in fact some of the Cabinet got quite annoyed at the length of time that the whole affair took.

Seriously....

why are we having a trial with no defendant?
The North Pacific feels funny if there isn't a long protracted trial with no hope of reaching any kind of conclusion going on...

Although saying that, we could actually finish one if the defendant isn't there, trying put their pesky point of view across all the time.

Back