Beginning of the End

Having just spoken with Tresville via phone, I can inform the region that — due to IRL considerations — the festivities to honor Hersfold will be postponed until tomorrow. Those interested in further details should still contact Tresville.

Hers, just remember that when you came into Nationstates, that was a leap year, and iit isn't the next leap year yet, so.....

:lol:

Purplr to red to blue; guess that's better than turnng to black.

And thank you, Thel, for this wonderful medal. It looks exquisite as always. :) Unfortunately, it's a little too big to put in my sig, or I definitely would.
Nothing, and I mean nothing, is too big for a sig!

SO... how is everyone today? Anything exciting, unusual...?
I got some sort of horrible viral infection that will be sticking around for 2-3 weeks. Went to the hospital yesterday because I was coughing uncontrollably and couldn't breathe well. I'm better now though, mostly because they gave me some cough syrup with hydrocodone in it, best cough syrup i've ever had! :yes:

Figures I get sick on vacation.

*pops in fashionably late*

Bye Hers, we barely met, but from all I heard, you'll get straight A's, anyway, so why learn?! :P

Oh, and there's no restricted entrance to university in Switzerland, so if you fail your exams a bit and can poke yourself to study in French, for example, then I should give you further information... ;)

Mej se dobre, ahoj!

Sorry to all for taking so long with this - I've had a busy time IRL lately.

It appears as though Tresville isn't going to hold the party as was planned, so I might as well post the previously planned goodbyes now.

All of you have been a wonderful group of people to be with over the past three years. I cannot thank you enough for everything you have done for me and for the good of this region. Your determination and kindness has made TNP a safe haven for veterans and newbies alike and will hopefully keep it that way for a long time to come. There are a few people who I want to give some special thanks - I'm going to try to get everyone, but there being so many, it's hard to keep track. Please accept my deepest apologies if you feel you have been missed.

Mental Imagination: You are without question the strangest individual I have had the good fortune to meet during the time I've spent in NationStates. Your participation here over the past several months has certainly made things interesting. It seems you have the interesting ability to figure out exactly what someone else is saying, something very difficult when conversing through text messages, and respond in such a way that your exact intentions are hidden or in a way that makes you appear to know less than you really do. That talent will undoubtedly serve you well in this game.

Monumental Proportions: I can easily see you becoming one of the region's leading nations in the future. Keep working at it, stay active, and remember above all that this is a game. Good luck. :)

Blue Wolf and Fedele: You two troublemakers just had to get involved in a defender region, didn't you? Fortunately, I think you have given this region a better perspective on things, a perspective which should help to improve our region for the better. I know the two you have have suffered somewhat as a result of that continuing debate, but I applaud both of you for sticking with the game and putting up with people like me who just don't like invaders. :)

La Duchess de Guidicelli: You have the best character for this game I have ever seen. I just wish you had slightly better timing - I would have enjoyed playing the game with you a bit longer than I had the chance to. Please stick around a bit longer so I may have the pleasure of reading your posts on my future visits. You, too, have been one of my favorite players in this game.

Fulhead Land: I can only remember the two of us agreeing on something a few times, but you have nonetheless been a valuable player to TNP and other regions. Thank you for all you have done and hopefully will continue to do.

OPArsenal: This is one of the moments in which I agree with Fulhead Land: "OPA: Life, the universe and Keith Richards!" You are a very entertaining person, and have never ceased to bring me an amused snort at the very least (I'm not sure that was worded particularly well, but take it as a compliment). Thank you for your interesting views on just about everything there was to have an interesting view of. Again, that was a compliment.

Ator People and Byardkuria: The two of you have been two of the most level-headed people in this game, and for that I thank you. Everything you have ever done had a good reason behind it, and has always been for the betterment of all. You have been excellent players over the years and I hope will continue to be so.

Dalimbar: You too have done all you can for this region and will undoubtedly continue to do so as Delegate. Serve our region well as you have. Thank you.

Thel D'Ran: You are one of the few people now who has stuck with this game and region longer than I have. You have always popped up when this region was in need and done what you could to help. Your images, too, have been used all over all of this region's forums (however many we're up to at this point), so much that they represent everything TNP stands for. Thank you for everything.

Romanoffia: You are the region's best conspiracy theorist. Without a doubt. If people claim that TNP is founded on paranoia, I think a lot of it can be attributed to you. :P That's not necessarily a bad thing, however - your advice has helped me countless times in the past, and it is always best to be prepared for the worst just in case it should come to pass. Thank you for keeping us all on our toes, and remember they probably are still watching. ;)

Former English Colony / Erastide / :bunny:: You have been a pillar of the community for years, serving as a government officer, an active member, but most importantly as an excellent friend to all. Whenever I needed to talk to someone, you were there, and I believe were there for others when they had similar problems. Thank you a thousand times for everything.

Tresville: You are most likely the most dedicated person to this region, and have done everything you can for it, despite what repercussions it would have on you. You are trusted by many for this dedication and will hopefully continue to example it. You were the founder of the NPIA and I am glad to be leaving it in your capable hands once again. I am sure the region will continue to prosper from your continued loyalty. Thank you.

Great Bights Mum: You've been around this region about as long as I have, as anyone can tell by your name. You've been through all the trials this region has had to face over those three years and come out of it each time with a cheerful smile on your face. Thank you for doing all you can to brighten everyone's day everyday, from newbies to oldtimers such as ourselves. You are the kindest person in this region and known by all for that kindness. Thank you.

Democratic Donkeys: You have been a stalwart member of this region from the moment you entered, and have continued to show that support as a Global Moderator and as a member of the Court. Your fairness is something to set the example for all, and your dedication to be admired. You have also done all you can to support the other players in this game, helping anyone when they needed it. Thank you.

Grosseschnauzer: I can't begin to thank you for everything you have done for all of us. You have become involved in every aspect of this region, and excelled at all of it. You are essentially the father of our Constitution, you served on the court for a very long time and are in fact the reason I made their names appear in purple, you promptly defeated that purpose when you were the most outstanding candidate to be made Global Moderator, and because of that and your impeccable sense of justice and wonderful fluency in legalese now serve as a Forum Administrator. You are an excellent person to lead this region and hopefully will be able to again when your term runs out. Thank you immensely.

Flemingovia: If I couldn't get started with Gross, there's no way I'll ever be able to begin with you. Flem, you have been my trusted right hand running this forum for the past year, and I can honestly say this forum would not have been a success were it not for your calm guidance and support. You, out of every person on this forum, are the one I trust most, and it is because of that trust I have no hesitation with giving you the password to my account and ultimately ownership of this forum. Likewise, this region could not possibly be the same were it not for your undying loyalty. The entire region owes you their thanks, and so I offer you mine now. Thank you, Flemingovia, for everything you have done and will undoubtedly continue to do. You are a trusted friend and it will be a difficult experience parting from you, even though we never have personally met.

To all you newbies who are reading this: If you can't tell from the incredibly long list of names above, you are entering a region that will do its most to do everything it can for you, to make this game as enjoyable as it can be. You will see arguments here, you will see strife, but do not let this scare you away from this wonderful group of people. Whatever hardships they come up against, they have had worse and come out of it in one dignified piece. If you're looking for the perfect spot to put your nation, The North Pacific is it. I may be biased, but read the above post for yourself and you will see exactly what I mean.

Again, thank you all for everything. I have enjoyed my time here and I deeply regret having to leave, no matter how much I know it is needed. As I've said, I will drop by occasionally to visit and see how things are going on. But, sadly, this is essentially, the end. You will all be missed. I wish you the best of luck in everything you do, from NationStates to that mysterious thing we call Real Life. Thank you yet again for all you have done.

Goodbye.

Hers, I wish you best of luck in college and whatever else you do in your life. You were a superb player here on NS, and you helped us all in one way or another. You're a great guy, who'll do great things. I thank you for the mention above by the way. ;)

Goodbye friend.

Back