How this will work

Hersfold

TNPer
The Third Annual North Pacific Awards Ceremony

Welcome, once again, to TNPAC, The North Pacific Awards Ceremony! This event, open to people all over NationStates, honors and celebrates famous nations and events for all to see. It's our hope that this third ceremony will be the best this region has seen so far - although with past presenters including the illustrious Poe, and celebrity guests including the mysterious Game Administrator Salusa Secondus, achieving that will be a feat in itself.

What the ceremony is:_______________________________

The North Pacific Awards Ceremony is a way for the nations of the North Pacific to recognize their favorite nations and forum members amongst a wide array of categories. Some time before the Ceremony, nominations will open for most of the awards, allowing members of this forum to make it clear who they want to have a chance at each award. When nominations close, a panel of judges, selected by myself and the Minister of Culture and Education, John Ashcroft Land, will vote to decide who wins the award in each category.

Not all of our awards work quite this way, however - Prime Minister Grosseschnauzer has agreed to carry on the tradition begun by Former Prime Minister Tresville, with the awarding of three Prime Minister's Awards, three special honors given by the Prime Ministers to those nations he believes to be the cornerstones of TNP society. We do not yet know who will recieve these prestigious recognitions, or even what they are, but these medals are indeed something to look forward to.

diligence8zs.gif
diligencedet0ek.gif

The Prime Minister's Award for Diligence, awarded to Grosseschnauzer in 2005.

What the awards are:_________________________________

After a fair bit of discussion with John Ashcroft Land, I am pleased to announce the 17 categories open for nomination in the Third Annual North Pacific Awards Ceremony! Nominations for these categories will open soon, so start thinking about who you think is best for these awards. As always, we've kept some of the awards from past years, but you'll notice there's plenty of new ones!
  • Favorite Diplomat (Non-TNP Member)
  • Favorite TNP Member
  • Most Addicted to Spam
  • Best Quote
  • Favorite Avatar
  • TNP Award of Honor
  • Most Memorable Moment
  • Favorite IRC Member
  • NPA Commendation of Valor (Nominations open only to NPA members)
  • Favorite Newcomer
  • Funniest Regional Messageboard Post
  • Best Signature
  • Most Intelligent Poster
  • Funniest Poster
  • Most Embarassing Moment
  • Best Topic
  • Favorite Tyrant
sig45.gif

The award design for the First Annual North Pacific Awards Ceremony, showing the categories won by award designer Thel D'Ran

What the awards look like:_______________________________

Well... that one we're not quite sure about yet. There are hopes that we will be able to commission some more top-notch artwork from Regional Cartographer Thel D'Ran, but failing that, we will need someone with a very good artistic knack to design a basic template for the 17 nomination awards, as well as three unique designs for the Prime Minister's Awards. Posted around this topic are the designs of previous awards - for this third ceremony, we hope to have yet another unique and stunning design.

dnm69k.jpg

The award for Favorite TNP Member, awarded to Flemingovia at the Second Annual North Pacific Awards Ceremony

Who's running this thing:_______________________________

The ceremony will be largely organized by myself and Minister of Culture and Education John Ashcroft Land. The ceremony is traditionally organized by the Culutre and Education Ministry, despite there being no actual requirement to do so. As the ceremony approaches, we will need judges and a presenter (if I can't convince JAL to take the post). If you're willing to take up one of these roles, please let me know!

We'll also need to set a date for the ceremony. In the past, this has always involved an open discussion to find the best date possible for the ceremony. Since that has worked fairly well in the past, I don't see why we can't give it a shot again this year. Keep your eyes open for the topic.

If anyone has any questions regarding TNPAC 3, please let me know! We hope to see you there!

The United Federation of Hersfold

Hersfold, cn you clarify whether the period covered by the awards are for the past 12 months only (roughtly from the time of the forum move) orback to the time of the last awards ceremony?

That might make a difference for who and what might be nominated.

Most likely since the last ceremony, that'll be the easiest to keep track of. Sorry, forgot to mention that.

Back