Nationstates History!

I've decided, for some god-only-knows reason, to attempt to write a full history of Nationstates.

As I said God only knows why.

What I need to do so, are your experiences, and my own, and anyone who will give them.

If you want to help me in this please, send a PM preferably to Emperor Lexus in Cingeta's forum ( http://z14.invisionfree.com/Cingeta/index.php?act=idx ) or just PM it to me here!

I'll try to give as full a history as I can, including pieces on each region that I can, and overall events that effected NS.

This is a monstrous task, so any help given will be greatly apreciated.

My good man, you are insane.

Best of luck with this - I'm sure some of us old fogies should be able to help some. I'll try to send some bits on when I get the chance.

Cheers!

Anything you can send me, on any region would be great! I need all the help I can get, and Im now aiming for a combined NS effort on this.

Seeing as..one guy to do all NS=madness.

Yes, but if I exposed the names of my earliest nations (now defunct), people would be in awe. Or they'd hang me from the highest tree! :lol:

No matter how much you include there'll still be so much you left out. Though, any effort is a good one.
Just like any attempt at history...
What's the phrase, "The victor writes the history books" or something? It's the same everywhere. Here, you're going to have events so old most people have left, and those who remain are likely to have a one-sided view of things.

Ok better idea, can someone give me a history of TNP?

A full one. Or just point me in some direction. I have some extracts of TNP but that wont do.

And hey FL! :lol:

Well..

Ive rethought my idea, and Ive decided the history will be about Nationstates and its most influential Regions.

And there'll also be a bit of space for The Most Influential Nations.

So, can anyone here give me, or point me towards somewhere that I'd find, the History of TNP?

I just sent you a pretty big PM with some info in it.

Covered in general:

Known history of delegates before GB
Great Bight Era (need more detail about how we got rid of him)
Pixiedance Era (need more detail about why the forum split just prior to first switchoff)
Post-PD Constitution
Twoslit returns / z13 switch
Lexicon war

I probably have massive holes all through there, but I also gave you the link to s2. NS Wiki should have plenty of info as well.

Thanks thats great!

If anyone wants to do this, they can, its the questions that I need answers for:

How long have you been in NS?
When did you join?
When did you join/found this region?
What notable people have come from here?
And can I have a history (please include dates of events) of your region?

How long have you been in NS?
According to my XML, 973 days. (2.66 years)

When did you join?
...973 days ago? Uh.... March 1st, 2004.

When did you join/found this region?
I joined the summer of Great Bight, about two months after I created Hersfold. I came from a region called Part123, a region founded by one of my friends who apparently got bored with the game shortly before Great Bight came to power. The region has since ceased to exist.

What notable people have come from here?
Mikestonia (1st delegate)
Nastic (2nd Delegate)
Treenudity (3rd Delegate)
The Twoslit Experiment (4th Delegate, also founder of original TNP forum.)
Wilkshire (5th Delegate)
Blackshear (6th Delegate)
Magicality (7th Delegate, probably holds record for most endorsements recieved in all of NationStates)
UPS Rail (8th Delegate, only held for a few days before...)
Great Bight (Rogue, 9th Delegate. Fun Fact: GB actually still plays the game, but I think only a few people know who he actually is ;). I'm not saying.)
Thel D'Ran (10th Delegate, not immediately after GB, but I'm not trying to stay in order now. Also official cartographer of TNP and other regions)
Sydia (11th Delegate)
Cathyy (original owner of Pixiedance (12th Delegate), NPD Member)
Insane Power (part-time owner of Pixiedance, NPD founder member)
Gracius Maximus/The Minister/Ivan Moldavi/Pierconium (part-time owner of Pixiedance, NPD Member Founder)
Lungwallabad (13th Delegate, only for a day. This was caused by the "WTF of 2005", when Insane Power (then Pixiedance) attempted to ban Lungwallabad right as the update hit. Somehow Lung got banned, but retained Delegate powers... I think Lung managed to ban Pixiedance somehow, but since he wasn't in the region, was not able to hold the Delegacy. It's all rather confusing.)
Stars of Sky (14th Delegate)
Flemingovia (Admin of s2 and z13, current Prime Minister, 15th Delegate (1st elected))
Erastide/Former English Colony (16th and 18th Delegate (2nd and 4th elected), NS Forum Moderator)
Honeysheep (17th Delegate)
Unterwasserseestaat (19th Delegate (Held as Vice Delegate after Eras left the region unexpectedly))
Great Bights Mum (20th Delegate (5th elected), currently serving)
Poltsamaa (Prime Minister)
Tresville (Noted defender, Prime minster)
Free4All (well-known defender)
Grosseschnauzer (various gov't offices, most notably in the Court. Sometimes considered the father of the Constitution since he's the only one willing to update it and actually completely understand the darn thing)
Fedele (LWU leader, various gov't offices)
Blue Wolf (same)
Limitless Events (same, also involved in plot to rig the November 2006 elections with the Lexicon)
AlHoma (various gov't offices)
Fulhead Land (defendant of first trial to go to completion (hopefully, it's still going right now, has been for a month), co-founder of the Lexicon)
OPArsenal (various gov't offices)
Democratic Donkeys (various gov't offices)
Haor Chall (various gov't offices)
GoalVA (various gov't offices, aka Lord Valentine in that "other" game)
Romanoffia (various gov't offices)
Ator People (various gov't offices)
Dalimbar (various gov't offices)
Mr_Sniffles (various gov't offices)
Wizardofoz01 (long-time Speaker of RA)
Heft (various gov't offices)
Byardkuria (various gov't offices)
and, of course, Hersfold (owner of new TNP forum, various gov't offices) :P

Sorry if I left anyone off - I probably have. No offense intended to anyone.

And can I have a history (please include dates of events) of your region?
Already sent.

Edit: Please see post on page two.

If I get elected MoCE, could you send me the PM you sent him about history Hersfold? That would make a good lesson about the history of our great region.

"All history is a lie agreed upon." -------------- Napoleon

If I get elected MoCE, could you send me the PM you sent him about history Hersfold? That would make a good lesson about the history of our great region.
Sure. I should note that a prospective MoCE candidate should already have a good understanding of the region's history, though. ;)

Hersfold
First Minister of Culture and Education

*dances* I got a mention!

Lungwallabad (13th Delegate, only for a day. This was caused by the "WTF of 2005", when Insane Power (then Pixiedance) attempted to ban Lungwallabad right as the update hit. Somehow Lung got banned, but retained Delegate powers... I think Lung managed to ban Pixiedance somehow, but since he wasn't in the region, was not able to hold the Delegacy. It's all rather confusing.)

Nope, IP pulled PD put but because it wasnt yet update he retained ban button access and kicked lungo out after he unbanned SoS (shame he waited that long after the fiasco the SoS delegacy was :pinch: )

Great Bight (Rogue, 9th Delegate. Fun Fact: GB actually still plays the game, but I think only a few people know who he actually is . I'm not saying.)

me and hers know something you dont know...

I've just been informed that I made another error in reference to the NPD - Gracius Maximus was the founder of the North Pacific Directorate, as he "created the forum, wrote the Codex, instituted the purges and planned the whole thing." IP was a member, but not the founder. Apologies to Gracius Maximus for the mistake.

I was just poking around on NSWiki and I found this:

NSWiki:
After moderators on the forum began suspending and banning each other as a sort of game, The twoslit experiment took away their moderator powers sparking a mass exodus where the region changed to a new forum so that he would not be the root administrator.

Remember who started that? Thanks, you're all too kind.

heh, I vaguely recall having a hand in that as well. >_>

Good times.
AIM window open.

IM Heft.

Heftogen is warned for excessive puncuation.
Oh, God, I remeber that one.

I once got warned by Two for 'excessively complex grammar and syntax in one sentence at one time'.

And he was serious. Speaking of TS, what ever happened to him?

Back