Lexicon Implosion

I am not sure whether anyone still cares anymore but The Lexicon seems to be disintegrating as we speak. Several high-ranking members including The Crazy Monkeymen, seem to have been banned or moved regions and Insane Power seems to be getting a lot of stick from everybody on the forums.

It all seems slightly confused but I'd just thought that I would point it out anyway.

Well, I can't say I'm all that suprised- something along these lines was bound to happen eventually- but I don't see it lasting long. IP has the founder of the region and the root admin on the forum, so its not like you'll see a revolution or anything. It'll all calm down in a couple of days and be forgotten. Although it would be nice to think that the Lexiconians might realise the reality of their "democracy", or lack thereof.

I was around their forums when it all happened... Some Lexiconians had created "The Lexiconian Alliance," with its own "secret" offsite forums. IP found out, decided it was a coup, and pulled a stunt wherein he made bizarre IC and OOC claims before banning all three members involved. Two people resigned because of it, and then their cartographer left due to RL issues.

Funnily enough, IP has gone and deleted all the related threads, so most likely the majority of Lexiconians won't have any idea what happened. 'Tis a Brave New World, The Lexicon.

Yeah... I didn't stay in that region for too long. :P

It is a dos program. We have seen it before:

10 Insane Power explodes, and hurts a lot of people
20 People smooth it over.
30 Insane Power makes a lot of rhetoric about how "this is what makes the Lex (or TNP or whatever) stronger... this is what makes us a real family... It was actally the ADN.... I have destroyed the threads so it never happened....etc."
40 The level of trust goes down
50 wait a couple of months
60 goto10
run

lol Flem.

Well things seem to have been smoothed over and all the relevant threads deleted or 'moved' and all the questions answered by jokes about aliens.

I don't think it's very satisfactory but that's the end of my thoughts on the matter.

30    Insane Power makes a lot of rhetoric about how "this is what makes the Lex (or TNP or whatever) stronger... this is what makes us a real family... It was actally the ADN.... I have destroyed the threads so it never happened....etc."

g4.jpg

"Smash the [ADN]"

Don't be silly. It's his typical pattern. Things will be fine over there after a week or so. We've seen it all before.

Summer slowdown and some of our best recruiters have been busy IRL. We're still the 2nd biggest player created region, and not far behind Gatesville who has also lost population.

Despite the recent confusion, The Lexicon is a long way from "falling apart".

Any region that has such unaccountable governance has already fallen apart, regardless of sheer numbers.

*shrug* That's just how I personally see things, of course.

no offence to the lexicon but ok the alien joke thing was funny the first time but i am unfortunately getting sick of it, personally i think the lexicion would be fine if you guys came up with some new matieral

30 Insane Power makes a lot of rhetoric about how "this is what makes the Lex (or TNP or whatever) stronger... this is what makes us a real family... It was actally the ADN.... I have destroyed the threads so it never happened....etc."

heh. I love it when I am proved right. Many thanks to the Lexiconian who sent me copies of IP's "Explanations" of the weekend's events (you know who you are). I thought IP would fall back on the "it was a plot and we will emerge stronger" line, and I was not disappointed, even if it did take him two posts.

Nonsense, IP is a benevolent dictator, who rules with The People(tm) at heart.

True, yes, he must sometimes rule with an iron fist to root out the saboteurs and those who would speak heresy against his brilliant stewardship, but this fist is more like an iron glove, for underneath it is a gentle, caressing touch reserved for those who are kind to him. I'll bet he even uses hand lotion, and he's not even a metrosexual.

Would you rather see The People(tm), this loving family of individuals bound in brotherhood by their common... er... ability to count to 10,000, crushed by those who despise them, by those who would see them fall?

I say we purge those who would undo our greatness. The innocent have nothing to fear. It is the counter-revolutionists who will suffer, the instigators, the scoundrels.

Ohhhh... right... we're talking about the Lex, and not Soviet Russia. Nevermind, then.

Nonsense, IP is a benevolent dictator, who rules with The People(tm) at heart.

True, yes, he must sometimes rule with an iron fist to root out the saboteurs and those who would speak heresy against his brilliant stewardship, but this fist is more like an iron glove, for underneath it is a gentle, caressing touch reserved for those who are kind to him. I'll bet he even uses hand lotion, and he's not even a metrosexual.

Would you rather see The People(tm), this loving family of individuals bound in brotherhood by their common... er... ability to count to 10,000, crushed by those who despise them, by those who would see them fall?

I say we purge those who would undo our greatness. The innocent have nothing to fear. It is the counter-revolutionists who will suffer, the instigators, the scoundrels.

Ohhhh... right... we're talking about the Lex, and not Soviet Russia. Nevermind, then.
Can I keep you? :tb2:

Plutoria, I issue you a formal invitation to come to The Pacific as the new Minister of Propaganda. *holds out a tin of chocolate*

Back