Embassy of The Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I am sorry Khark. I didn't write the report, but I suppose it might have been kept secret to protect the NPA's Reputation.
I'll mention your contribution in the PNN article I'm writing.

Just a quick notice to our Northern cousins that we are updating again. We've recently had two Senators return to us, Doppelganger and Risellia, and are in the process of processing the surge of newcomers we've had.
Frequent updates will resume shortly.

Hello all,

The Name is Elegarth, The Seeker of Power, and I have been assigned to you guys! I'm glad to be around as the new ambassador and by all means, feel free to contact me or PM me or whatever anytime :D

nporedux.jpg

The Pacific
Delegate: Krulltopia

It has now been four months since Krulltopia was appointed Delegate, and although things in NS have been slow, The Pacific Marches ever onward.

Government Overhaul
Recently, Delegate Krulltopia has appointed loyal and active Pacificans to new posts within the region:

Krulltopia:
Firstly, I am promoting a new Congress chairman: Elegarth.

I am also promoting the former holder of that post, Rothinzil to the role of Senator of Pacifican Imperialism.
Other changes include the introduction of the Post Officer of Culture. The role will be to encourage and contribute the growing culture of The Pacific. These officers will be appointed at my discretion in the next few days.

Finally, there are various offices available, those wishing to apply for them can either post here or contact me privately. They will be given the post for a trial period at my discretion.

Congratulation to those who have been rightly promoted. As always in The Pacific, Loyalty and Activity are traits that are richly rewarded. Together, may we strive ever onward.

Pacifica Prevails!

2962329jpg.png

The Pacific Army also underwent a changing of the guard:

After the resignation of our previous Pacific Army Commandant, Kharkistania, I would like to announce the promotion of Muffasavil to Commandant. He has served The Pacific well, and will continue to do so in his new role. I thank Kharkistania for his service to The Pacific.

Those in The Pacific Army need to sign in here. Those wishing to join The Army can declare their intention to join in this thread, and will be masked as soon as possible

o/ The Pacific Army!

2962329jpg.png

Congratulations to those promoted!

Pacific News Network Publications

Evil Pacifican Tyrant is Condemned!

Killer_rabbit.jpg

The true form of the new delegate of The Pacific, Krulltopia

The Hallowed Halls of the World Assembly, Security Council section
12th July, 2009

Gioanni:
"REALIZING that this WAD is abusing his power by forcing his "subjects" to do what he says, or face being kicked out of the pacific

APPALLED that such a tyrant has been elected as the WAD of one of the biggest regions in the world

NOTICEING that this WAD has the power to brain wash newer players who begin in the pacific region

ASSERTING that we as the world assembly come together to condem such a tyrant

HOPING that this condemnation teaches other WADs what mite happen if they treat thier region as a dictator would"

if you dont change your ways i willsend this to the WA and i assure you that you will be condemed

With these harsh and cutting words, so began a sustained and well thought attempt to push a condemnation of the recently ascended Pacifican Tyrant Krulltopia through the World Assembly.
The new delegate of The Pacific, whose two months in the post of WA Delegate of The Pacific and Emperor of the New Pacific Order have been punctuated by brutal and unforgettable acts of sheer malevolence, had the following to say:

"Inconceivable!" ranted His Supreme Bunnyness in his lagomorphic fury. "How dare this inbred degenerate even think of attempting to push this piece of trash through the world assembly! I shall argue most vehemently against it!!" However, Krulltopia's impassioned speech to the gathered representatives of the World Assembly fell on deaf ears, as hordes of userites rushed forward in order to "pet the cute bunny rabbit". The distinguished Pacifican delegate barely got away.
In barely restrained anger, the Imperial Bunny Overlord began to order the dreaded hordes of the Pacific Army to assemble and lay waste to all those regions which supported the proposal.

lepus(2).jpg

The Mighty Pacific Army charges forth in defence of its master.

However, fortunately for the entirety of NS, but unfortunately for the oppressed masses, the proposal never got through it's approval stages. Some nations are appalled at this, and refused to support a vicious, unfettered dictator such as Krulltopia:
"He can't ban me!!" Foamed Le Saintes "Down with Krulltopia! He has no power over us and cannot harm us in anyway, so we must fight!!"
The fact that, shortly afterwards, le Saintes was seen flying downwards into the Rejected Realms has been dismissed as a 'coincidence'.
----
Written by Krulltopia (who is not biased in any way, shape or form)
Writer of The Pacific Post - Delivering the 'Truth' since 2003!
Copyright 2009, The Pacific Post. All rights reserved

Note that all of this is exaggerated and not based on (much) fact

Culture Office
This area has seen a flurry of activity recently. With the introduction of Regional flags, a regional flag competition has been set up, which will enter its final voting soon. Meanwhile, the Current regional flag is one made by Thel D'ran, which was originally requested by a Pacifican but is now in use as a placeholder.

The re-opening of The Hall of the Great Harvest has been well received, and the introduction of the Pacifican Book Club has also seen some interest.

The Hall of Shame
The Delegate has continued to exercise a zero tolerance policy on regional advertising violators, which has resulted in the formation of the Hall of Shame, a forum where those that have broken any of the Pacific's rules can apologise to the region as a whole and face questioning from Pacificans. The RMB itself remains active due to the actions of loyal Pacificans.

Greater stance in the WA
Delegate Krulltopia has put forward to The Pacific the idea of taking a more prominent stance in the affairs of the world assembly. Although this is in the early stages of development, it has been well received by Pacificans new and old, so expect to see more developments on this in the future.

International Affairs
The Pacific is once again making it's mark in Inter-regional affairs, and the Commissariat of International Affairs is once again bustling due to an initiative led by Delegate Krulltopia. Expect to see new embassies being opened and more regular updates.

Recruiting
The Pacific has seen a surge in new recruits due to the tireless actions of new Senator Rothinzil. These new members have quickly settled in and started contributing to the greatness of The Pacific.

Greetings, Elegarth

On behalf of our delegate who is sadly in hospital (real life) at the moment, welcome to the North Pacific.

Hi North-Pacificans! I've been missing for a while - RL messes with many things - but wanted to say HI again and let you know I am back and fully operational :)

nporedux.jpg

The Pacific
Delegate: Krulltopia

Welcome to the newest update from The Pacific.

The introduction of Honorary Pacifican citizenship

The Pacific has usually accepted membership only from those with a WA in The Pacific that is endorsing the delegate. Recently, Krulltopia announced the creation of Honorary Citizenship:
In the past, there have been members of this region who have been allowed into The Pacific without their WA residing here. It has been a rare occurrence, but those who have done so tended to serve Pacifica well.
Therefore, I am officially introducing the Honorary Pacifican form of Citizenship .
This distinction from 'normal' Pacificans is only due to masking purposes: those who apply for this will be just as able to participate in all departments and join in the discussions. The only areas where they cannot participate for logical reasons are the WA voting section, where their votes will not be counted, and joining the Pacific Army. However, these are subject to change, and if enough demand is had either the Foreign Legion will be re-introduced, or these Honorary Pacificans will be allowed full Pacifican status.

This is a test run, so see if there are those willing to contribute to Pacifica. As usual, those who abuse this trust placed in them will be dealt with appropriately.

Hail The Pacific!

2962329jpg.png

Those wishing to apply can do so by following these instructions.

New Appointments
With the introduction of the Hall of Shame, the Praetorian Guard is needed by Pacifica more than ever. Therefore, Krulltopia made the following appointment:
For a time, the Praetorian Guard has been inactive, no longer the defence against Code violators and usurpers that is used to be.

Now, it has been brought back, and I proudly announce the promotion of Laws and Bylaws to the role of Grand Prefect of the Praetorian Guard.

Remember, it is the duty of all Pacificans to protect their home.

o/ Pacifica!
o/ The Praetorian Guard

2962329jpg.png

The Hall of Shame
The Hall of shame has been busy since it's introduction. Although the offer to apologise has been extended to a number of regions that have been punished by breaking The Pacific's rules, only two regions have bothered to take the offer, Vivified Vendetta Corp and New Sorvun. After a few false starts, the apologies provided by both regions have been accepted and the recruiters have been unbanned.

Greater stance in the WA
Following on from Krulltopia's statement about the Pacific's increased stance in the World Assembly, a WA Committee was formed, with the expressed intention to explore and utilise the World Assembly more thoroughly. Pacificans and Honorary Pacificans are strongly encouraged to join in. At time of writing, The Pacific is the only Feeder region to make a dedicated committee for the sole purpose of understanding the workings of the World Assembly.

International Affairs
Since the previous update, The Last Kingdom has requested an embassy, and has been accepted. The Pacific has now updated all those regions that it holds active embassies with, and is continuing to spread its influence throughout Nationstates.

INTER-GOVERNMENTAL BRIEF ON THE PACIFIC

The Government of The Pacific:

The Pacifican Senate
WA Delegate & Emperor of the NPO: Krulltopia
Pacifican Vanguard: Rothinzil
Senator for International Affairs: Haor Chall
Senator for Security and Intelligence: Moo-Cows
Senator for World Assembly Affairs: Elegarth
Senator for Culture: Risellia
Senator for Internal Affairs: Hauxland

Current Population: 2,567 Nations

Regional Forum: http://ns.pacificorder.net/forum/

The finest presentation of Credentials that I ever recall seeing in NS. A tribute to the talents and professionalism of The Pacific.

UpdateHeader.jpg

18 November 2010

OPERATION PHOENIX DOWN IS LAUNCHED

In Francograd, capital of The Pacific, the Delegate Krulltopia has announced the commencement of Operation PHOENIX DOWN, a reform of a number of areas in The Pacific, concentrated on World Assembly affairs. The reforms have seen a widening in Pacifican participation in WA votes and changes in policy to a more activist position in influencing World Assembly and Security Council votes. In his closing statement the Delegate said, "As this is being written, a few of our fellow Feeders and Sinkers are in doubt. Are lost. We remain as a bastion of Order, and we need to bring the light into the World. So return to the shores of Pacifica, and embrace the new age. There is a role to be played for everyone, and the more of us that stand side by side, the easier it is for enemies to be driven back by our indomitable collective will."

AMBASSADORIAL PROGRAMME REBOOTED

Pacifican ambassadors are once more streaming out into the world, spreading the Word of Pacifica to regions far and wide. The main effort has been to the other feeders and game regions who have all been appointed new Ambassadors, whilst a few userite regions have received Pacifican Envoys.

PEOPLES PUPPET

The Peoples Puppet continues with the People having recently voted on the issue of "Put The "Board" Back In Board Of Education". A majority vote decided that the nation of Pacifican Spirit would enact option 3, "Corporal punishment would only treat a symptom of the bigger problem: our education system is in need of an overhaul," says Bill Christmas, Pacifican Spirit's education minister. "We need smaller class sizes, more teachers, better buildings, and better pay. It'll cost, but it'll pay off in the long run."

Currently under discussion is whether people should be able to "Buy a Better Baby".

The Peoples Puppet nation can be found here.

iNTERNATIONAL cAPS lOCK dAY

And finally, The Pacific recently celebrated International Caps Lock Day. We'll spare you the gory capitalization, but rest assured that a good time was had by all... except Krulltopia: "look, I know this is amusing, but please don't post on the RMB like this, you are making my eyes bleed."

The Pacific
Regional Forum: [url]http://ns.pacificorder.net/forum/[/url]

A quite belated thank you for posting this update, HC! It is nice to see you back in this part of the world. Also, as a student of international relations in RL, I do enjoy seeing an actual presentation of credentials used. Very good job!

PNN.jpg

Newsflash: Terrorists threaten The Pacific

Today, Krulltopia, Delegate of The Pacific has revealed that State Security recently foiled a terrorist plot in Francograd. Believed to be acting on orders from the userites of Grand Central, the terrorists were attempting to attack the Delegate as he made his way to address the People’s Congress. Exact details of the plot have not been released, except that the terrorists had been caught and “deleted” by State Security.

Grand Central, the userite region behind the terrorist plot, is also believed to be the source of recent attempts at sedition in The Pacific. The unprovoked attacks on Pacifican sovereignty by these userites have no support from true Pacificans, all of whom can readily see through the lies of userite spies. The New Pacific Order provides for the stability, security and prosperity of the Pacifican people, whilst the userites who attempt to subvert The Pacific with their treachery are driven only by narrow greed and a desire to use the resources of The Pacific for their own malevolent ends.

All Pacificans are reminded to be alert for spies and traitors and to report any suspicious activity or messages.

Pacifica Prevails!
Published by the Pacific News Network

Hail and well met. I bear letters of authority from first Citizen of the Order Krulltopia. I am the voice of the Pacific for her Foreign Affairs now.

As some of you may know, today marks the anniversary of the start of The August Revolution. This marks Francos Spain's ascension to the delegacy and the overthrow of a regime who answered to foreign interests and not to The Pacific. After five days, on September 1st, 2003, the New Pacific Order was born. This is a time of celebration and reflection for all Pacificans.

This year the New Pacific Order invites you to share your stories of days gone by with us and reflect on how you feel the Order has affected the world of NationStates. Visit your embassy on our forums and join us in this time of celebration and reflection, just remember to please keep it civil.

UpdateHeader.jpg

September 2011

Introducing: RMB Correctional Officers

The Senator for Justice Laws & Bylaws has announced the formation of RMB correctional officers as part of a reform of the Pacific's Justice department. The idea idea behind the Officers is to appoint loyal Pacificans to patrol the regional message board of The Pacific in order to uphold the Pacific's civil code. This approach will also as an introduction to the forums for newer players. In the announcement, Senator Laws and Bylaws outlined the structure and functions of the office. The appointed officers would be responsible for the (in character) apprehension of civil code violators, and bringing them into the custody of the justice department. Along with the RMB officers, a scribe and chief prosecutor also make up the office, with Jeux II being appointed Chief Prosecutor by the Senator of Justice.

Laws and Bylaws:
It's in your hands. It's your RMB. You want justice, make it happen.

The 8th Anniversary and Appointments
Starting on August 28th, the New Pacific Order began to celebrate it's 8th Anniversary. After 8 years and several different iterations, The Pacific still stands as a bastion of Order. In celebration of this, several important appointments were made. Avakael was appointed as the new commissariat of Foreign Affairs, while Jeux II was appointed Recruitment Officer. Since their appointment, both Pacificans have made great strides within their departments and have helped The Pacific move forward.

Kurdazistan/Zhadanov
On the 30th of August, the individual known as Kurdazistan/.Zhadanov was put on trial for various breaches of The Pacific's civil code. After his initial application was rejected for incompleteness and a refusal to take the oath, he hung around the region, harassing Pacificans (including the Senate) trying to undermine the region's government. When enough evidence was gathered to conclusively prove his guilt, a trial was set and justice was dealt. Despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, and his behaviour during the trial, Kudazistan claimed it to be a mistrial, harassing more Pacificans before being banned from the forums.
Emperor Krulltopia then informed Pacificans of this problematic individual, and urged Pacificans to either ignore him or to report them to the moderators if necessarily. Since then this individual tried to harass others, and has, at time of writing, been DEATed by admin.

The Pacific
Regional Forum: http://ns.pacificorder.net/forum/

UpdateHeader.jpg

February 2012

THE PACIFIC CLOSES TNI EMBASSY

"The recent military invasion by userite forces into the Rejected Realms is a matter of gravest concern to The Pacific and offends the fundamental Francoist principles by which The Pacific conducts itself. The Pacific does not tolerate userite meddling in any Feeder or Sinker region. Whilst we do not condone the policy of the Rejected Realms to compromise its own feederite standing, through its participation in the userite Founderless Regions Alliance, the invasion and taking of the Delegacy of the Rejected Realms by userite forces is intolerable to The Pacific. We wish to make it clear to The New Inquisition, and any other region, that such a flagrant attack on a Feederite region will be opposed by The Pacific in the strongest possible terms. As such The Pacific has ordered all diplomats from The New Inquisition to leave our region within 24 hours and has closed the The New Inquisition Embassy in The Pacific with immediate effect."

PACIFICAN MILITARY BUDGET INCREASED

The Pacifican Army has opened the doors of Fort Franco to new recruits once more and the recruiting offices in Francograd have already seen queues outside the doors. The decision was made to increase the annual recruiting and training budget of the Army by the Delegate after Pacifican army units deployed to The Rejected Realms in support of the native feederite Delegate, highlighting the importance of maintaining an army to protect The Pacific and feederite interests.

PEOPLES PUPPET

The Peoples Puppet continues with the People having recently voted on the issue of "Put The "Board" Back In Board Of Education". A majority vote decided that the nation of Pacifican Spirit would enact option 3, "Corporal punishment would only treat a symptom of the bigger problem: our education system is in need of an overhaul," says Bill Christmas, Pacifican Spirit's education minister. "We need smaller class sizes, more teachers, better buildings, and better pay. It'll cost, but it'll pay off in the long run."

The Peoples Puppet nation can be found here.

RECENT WORLD ASSEMBLY ACTIVITY

The Pacific has voted in favour of the repeal of "Medical Blockade Restriction" and also voted in favour of the resolution “A Decriminalization of Suicide".

HALL OF THE GREAT HARVEST

Spam is as bountiful as ever in The Pacific, especially with the recent startup of the Spam Points game which promises to separate the real spammers from the pretenders. The Halls have also seen Pacificans showing that most of them have appalling taste in music too.

The Pacific
Regional Forum:
http://ns.pacificorder.net/forum

PNN.jpg

PNN Dispatches: The Invasion of Hippiedom

The invasion of Hippiedom was a subtle thing; it didn’t start with a bang so much as a murmur. That murmur began with a single nation moving into the region, a puppet nation from The Black Hawks (TBH) called AnxiouslyTrueFae.

"AnxiouslyTrueFae has never been active, it remained dormant within the region for about seven months before the actual raid," stated Strawberryfields, the regions delegate prior to invasion. But the quiet was broken, quite suddenly, in the dark of the evening of Friday 21 September as the first wave of invaders hit. By the time the dust settled ten nations had barged in, with two nations working as secondary sleepers to spoil any potential "defender" attacks. The Black Riders, Land of Kings and Emperors, and The New Inquisition all contributed to the attack. According to AnxiouslyTrueFae, Hippiedom was selected as a target because "[of] its size and activity. It's always more fun to raid a region that will be more affected by the raid itself. Also, the delegate had double digit endorsements… which made it a greater, but more exciting challenge."

Hippiedom is a region of liberal leaning nations celebrating aspects of the Hippy community. The region was described by one of the natives, St Stephen n Critters, as a “group of pacifists who've been discussing politics, music, arts and life for seven years. I came here because I was interested in Max Barry and his books." Hippiedoms highlights were the weekly “song of the day” and the regional map.

After the invaders began to attack, defenders attempted to protect Hippiedom, a single defender moved in to support the Delegate whilst the invaders arrived and later a liberation was attempted by a coalition of around 19 defenders. Neither of these attempts was successful in preventing the invaders from taking and holding the region. AnxiouslyTrueFae said the invader numbers varied throughout the course of the invasion, but that the peak was between 35 to 40 nations.

Inhabitants of the region said they were “treated well” by the invading forces, until the invaders began to eject some of the inhabitants. Fae commented that “relations were pleasant and overall positive up until we started ejecting natives. That’s enough to get anyone pissed at us. Now they hate our guts and want us out. What can you do?"

As Fae began to eject the natives - in alphabetical order - Strawberrry Fields founded Hippy Haven as a refuge for those ejected from Hippiedom in what he referred to as a “vile griefing”. However, the invaders soon grew restless and moved out of the region, with AnxiouslyTrueFae stating "we left because there are other regions to raid. Good luck to Hippiedom in its rebuilding." Stawberry Fields thus re-assumed the Delegacy. Midwilaisa, native of Hippiedom, said “knowing Hippiedom and its community I think we’ll go back to the way things used to be.” This was the First successful raid of Hippiedom, according to St Stephen n Critters, “Been raided before, they just weren't successful. In June 2011 we were saved by TITO forces. Back then we had our founder around too, so when he came back after a long break, he could fix things. “

Things seem to be getting to a new normal however, Delaroca and Ora Amaris are discussing the qualities of different incenses, and the region is starting a new recruiting drive to increase the numbers of endorsements for the delegate. Hippiedom is once again a socialist, cannabis friendly region with free clinics, solar power organic gardens with fruit & nut trees, cannabis, opium, mushrooms, eggplant, chick peas, onions, tomatoes, melons & zucchini.

Heronlord - Foreign Affairs Correspondent
Pacific News Network
ns.npowned.net

I'd like to inform our friends over here in the NP that Krulltopia will be acting as ambassador from our great region.

There was a time when The Pacific was just another Feeder with ten thousand voices screaming to be heard and hands reaching above the depths hoping to catch a glimpse of the world above. Ten years later and the seas are calm. The enemy is vanquished and we are at peace.

This age belongs to us. We can rise above the heights and venture where others only dreamed, but we must do it together. The Pacific is not one nation, nor a thousand -- it is all of us. We determine where our lives in NationStates will take us. We command our destinies, that is what it means to be Pacifican.

Our forefathers' sacrifices have given us the freedom to move forward. Inside all of us is a citizen, a soldier, an artist, a philosopher. The choice is yours and every Pacifican must answer the call. It is our duty to our home and to ourselves.

As Leader of the New Pacific Order I will guide you and give you the tools to accomplish the great work ahead. Our new Charter and Civil Code will promote law and order and give Pacificans room to grow. To start I am reorganizing the Senate who will ensure that every Pacifican has the opportunity to reach their full potential.

• Gaspo, Senator of Administration: Serves as The Pacific's chief operating officer, overseeing forum operations and maintaining decorum.
  • Rothinzil, Senator of Immigration: Administers The Pacific's robust recruitment and new player engagement programs
  • Laws and Bylaws, Senator of Justice: Enforces the judicial code and is the final word of jurisprudence in The Pacific.
  • Hauxland, Senator of World Assembly Affairs: Apprises the region of activities in the World Assembly and serves as the liaison to the NationStates World Assembly forum.
  • Limitless Events, Senator of Military Affairs: Oversees the Pacific Army, including all military operations and defense initiatives.
  • Elegarth, Senator of Culture: Responsible for cultural outreach and programs including the Pacific Regional Library, the People's Puppet, and the Francograd Society of Literature.

In addition I appoint the following citizens to serve as advisors to aid The Pacific in our move forward.

• Karpathos and Dalimbar, Foreign Affair Attaches: Serve as The Pacific's chief diplomatic officers and maintain embassies and the diplomatic corps.
  • New Kervoskia, Public Relations Attache: Heads the Pacific News Network and responsible for all media affairs.

To continue The Pacific's proud military tradition, I appoint Cormac Stark, Commander of the Pacific Army and Agamemnon, Lieutenant Commander.

This will be a new day in The Pacific and your voice will be heard. There will be a new elected office, the Tribunes, who will serve as your voice to the Senate. Until elections are held, I appoint Feux, A mean old man, and Aleisyr The Pacific's first Tribunes.

Together we will rise and enshrine The Pacific's place as the first Feeder for generations to come.

Krulltopia
Leader of the New Pacific Order

A New Pacific
Charter and Civil Code of The Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back