The North Pacific vs. Fulhead Land

The Defense questions the logic of the Justice's statement!! Because a comment refers to IC entities it is automatically IC?! This is absurd!! I can mention regions and/or nations in an OOC context, for example in RL, would the Court then deem my RL comments as IC because these names were mentioned?!

The Defence argues that it is a player who creates a region, the IC component is how the region is played. Ditto for nations!!

The player behind Lexiconhead and Fulhead Land created the region of The Lexicon with other players who are referred to by their names on this forum and various other fora involved in NationStates!! Saying that the comments are IC because they did not refer to these people by their RL names is ludicrous!!

The only error my client made was to not use OOC tags, which to be fair to my client, are not used commonly on this forum or in the region of The North Pacific!!

The statement refers to a Region which is a part of a GAME and is therefore very much an IN CHARACTER manifestation. It is absolutely apparent that "Fulhead Land" the IC persona of a player (he says "myself", referring to Fulhead Land of course) helped to found the region The Lexicon, which The North Pacific was at war with.

With all due respect, Your Honour, you have not rebutted my arguments stating your statement is flawed, merely repeated the flawed statement!!

I urge you to reconsider your statement based on what I have presented rather than shut it out because it makes a conviction more difficult!!

Your statement suggests that referring to a region in an OOC context is not possible!! This is clearly not the case!!

When referring to "myself", Fulhead Land could easily have been referring to himself, the player behind Fulhead Land as clearly Fulhead Land, TNP member nation, did not found The Lexicon!! Nor did a nation called "Cathyy", "Shoeless Joe", "Wilkshire" or "Insane Power"!! The player behind one of those nations may well have created the region, The Lexicon, but then that would be OOC as I said!!

I ask that the judge reaffirm his previous stance based on the arguments presented previously by the Prosecution and by the fact that the information being dealt with was clearly of an IC nature.

Heh, what a load of shit!!

Why don't you just give the guilty verdict and be done with this circus!! If that ruling stands then all reality goes out the window!! Making statements based on convenience...how pathetic!!

Seems the Justice is too damn lazy to do his job properly now joining the jurors who are probably in a coma!!

Carry on!! I won't bother putting much effort into this crap anymore!! The court system shows precisely why this region is fucked!!

Did you edit in profanity? I don't remember it from last time I read it. If you did then I am sincerely impressed.

So you got a ruling you didn't like, be a baby about it somewhere else why don't you.

No, the profanity was there from the beginning!! Good to see the judge reads the posts in the trial so carefully!! I wonder what else you didn't notice!! Like relevance, logic....!! Oh dear!!

Now, move along with the magical backwards trial, you have the verdict now work your way through the "evidence" to reach that verdict so as you can all sit back and say, "at least he got a trial"!!

:rofl:

MOTION TO DISMISS

5. All Nations of The North Pacific have the right to be protected against the abuse of powers by any official of a government authority of the region. Any Nation of The North Pacific has the right to request the impeachment of any official of a government authority of the region in accordance with this Constitution, that is deemed to have participated in such acts.
6. No Nation shall be held to answer for a crime in a manner not prescribed by this Constitution or the Legal Code. No Nation shall be subjected to being twice put in jeopardy for the same offense. No Nation shall ever be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against itself.
7. When charged with criminal acts, Nations of The North Pacific shall have a fair, impartial, and public trial before a neutral and impartial judicial officer. In any criminal proceeding, a Nation is presumed innocent unless guilt is proven to the fact finder by reasonably certain evidence. A Nation may be represented by any counsel of the Nation's choosing. No Nation convicted of a crime shall be subject to a punishment disproportionate to that crime.

1)The trial has been going on for over 6 months. The last post was by myself, the defendant several weeks ago. The Prosecution posted even before that. I move that this trial goes well beyond my right to a fair and to a fast trial and so shoul;d be ended.

2) There is no longer an active Jury. One meber, limitless events, was removed from the region. the others are inactive. While this again breaches my right to a fair and impartial trial it also means that there is no deciding body as they cannot be replaced mid trial. The trial should be dismissed on these grounds

3) we're all bored. No but seriously a trial of this length has only become an embarrasment for The North Pacific and it can no longer be in the public interest to procede.

Back