My purpose in life

Some people are quick to say I am an ugly person, a hateful soul. I assure you, nothing could be further from the truth. If anything, the image I have created here is mostly the direct opposite of who I really am.

We all fall voctim to the 'character neurosis' where we associate a person with a specific part of our souls, sometimes that we like, sometimes that we hate. It is surprisingly enough, one of my goals in life to heal people's souls. I studied psychology for four years, and when I came out of it, degree and all, I could not understand how a profession that tries to heal people's minds, concentrates soely on ther minds and ignores their spirits. Surprisingly, religion can have nothing to do with such a healing, but it can help.

In all honesty, the mind of the normal, everyday person is nothing near logical. Psychology attempts to define each person's problem, and attempts through a combination of drug therepy and counceling to force a mind into the limits of logic. I am personally of the school that if there is not something physically wrong with your brain, that the last thing you need is drugs. Out of all the people that feel psychological help may be an option for them, I feel less than 20% of these people are in need of drug therepies. Simply put, drugs treat a problem, but cannot hope to cure one unless it will cure itself over time.

It is my theory that many problems that most people face in our day and age stem from injuries or neglect of the spirit. Even if you are not a religious person, and heck, especially if you are, you can be afflicted by these problems of the spirit. I think that religion was invented initially as an intent to assist in the healing of spiritual problems, as the essential parts of a person are mind (that with what you think with), body (that with what you exist with) and your spirit (that which animates both). While the existance of a spirit may be debatable, I am firmly convinced that while God may be debatable, a non-coporeal essence of a man is not.

Theories aside. I seek nothing more in life than to get closer to people and help to heal their wounds of the spirit. So no matter who you are, I ask that if you face something, or feel a way you wish you didn't, that you consider me a resource open to you. Why?

What have you to lose?

That was beautiful, Cthul Murgos. There is a program at my college called Spiritual Counselling. They address what you said, spiritual and psychology. I think it is something emerging.

It's really something whose time has come. If there is any evidence in the daily lives of people in general here in the US and in the UK, anti-psychotic drugs like ritalin, the antidepressant groups, and various other drugs are incredibly overperscribed for things that won't resolve themselves until faced.

I agree. Children and adults in most western countries are terribly overmedicated. It seems that doctors have just stopped caring and are just dishing out medication to make patients go away.

As a former member of the health-care profession, I have a few points:

1. Doctors fail to mention that there is a cost-benefit analysis to be made. My aunt regularly brings home samples to give to my grandparents to save them money (not like they're poor). My grandmother calls me to ask about side effects (which I know from pharmacology) and often elects to not take the pills because the side effects are worse than her current state.

2. Doctors make many "educated guesses". Very few are willing to admit their own incompetance and look things up, so we end up with more drug prescriptions than we need before ever beginning to "solve" the problem.

here is something to ponder Blind faith, Doctors, Drugs.

Ritalin and Stratarra have a bad side effect on the way the brain functions. Ask any person who has been on either of these so-called helpers for the youth and rare adult who still suffers from adhd. The side affects cause depression with suicidal tendancys. Oh well blind faith doctors and drugs is what america has sucummend to. Did you see what i heard?!?!! a frown go figure!!!!!

Back