Opinion: Thanks, Lexicon

In today's society of strangers, we often forget the little things. A simple thank you can go a long way, and can make a person's week. So without further ado, the Ministry of Communications would like to present a list of thank you's to the Lexicon's High Council for their decision to wage war on the North Pacific.

Thank you for bringing a surge of activity to our forums. Yesterday, on the eleventh of the month, we had over 30 members browsing our forums throughout much of the day, a vast increase over normal activity levels.

Thank you for giving people such as Flemingovia and Gracius Maximus something to actually agree on. TNP hasn't seen this level of unity since, well, ever.

Thank you for giving us the incentive to finally appoint a Minister of External Affairs. Digitalis will make a fine one.

Thank you for obsessing about the Alliance Defense Network. The New Pacific Order's statement of support to TNP makes this ever so precious.

Speaking of the NPO, thank you, Lexicon, for giving TNP and the NPO something to finally unite against. No longer will we bicker about silly things such as a Pacific Army consulate thanks to you.

Thank you for inspiring all sort of lovely war posters and art. They're a joy to observe and fun to design as well.

Thank you for all the poorly thought-out arguments on the RMB. It's odd how amusing they are when taken with a grain of salt.

Thank you for accusing the NPO Senator of Foreign Affairs of being an ADN member. That made me smile wider than you could ever know.

Thank you for pretending you can actually do any sort of damage to us. This makes it all the more amusing.

And finally, thank you for giving us an interesting story to tell future generations of North Pacificans months and years down the road. We won't forget the laughs and smiles you have brought to our faces.

:)
JAL

Thank you for bringing a surge of activity to our forums. Yesterday, on the eleventh of the month, we had over 30 members browsing our forums throughout much of the day, a vast increase over normal activity levels.
Sadly, there's many a true word said in jest.

How sad that you must rely on a 'mere' Player ceated region for any sort of level of activity.

How sad that despite this, a Feeder forum, being a month older than The Lexicon forum you have significantly less posts and less members than The Lexicon.

And congratulations on increasing your record number of users online. Again, maybe one day you might reach The Lexicon level.

Just to be clear when I say sad. I do mean sad. Sad that a Feeder region which ought to be a place of innovation, of activity, of life for all the new nations born in that region instead thrives it seems only on conflict.

I admire your ability to be self-congratulatory about such matters. After all pride in your region is never a bad thing.

So, perhaps you might understad that The Lexicon have been laughing a lot too.. Lexiconians think it's pretty hiarious that you regard them all as a bunch of robots who blindly say 'Yes Cathyy, Yes IP'.

Flemingovia...I thought you were TNP's resident satire creator....this was satire right? ;)

If JAL really is grateful and therefore approves of The Lexicon action i'm sure I can find some words of thanks ;)

Thank you for bringing a surge of activity to our forums.  Yesterday, on the eleventh of the month, we had over 30 members browsing our forums throughout much of the day, a vast increase over normal activity levels.
Sadly, there's many a true word said in jest.

How sad that you must rely on a 'mere' Player ceated region for any sort of level of activity.

How sad that despite this, a Feeder forum, being a month older than The Lexicon forum you have significantly less posts and less members than The Lexicon.

And congratulations on increasing your record number of users online. Again, maybe one day you might reach The Lexicon level.

Just to be clear when I say sad. I do mean sad. Sad that a Feeder region which ought to be a place of innovation, of activity, of life for all the new nations born in that region instead thrives it seems only on conflict.

I admire your ability to be self-congratulatory about such matters. After all pride in your region is never a bad thing.

So, perhaps you might understad that The Lexicon have been laughing a lot too.. Lexiconians think it's pretty hiarious that you regard them all as a bunch of robots who blindly say 'Yes Cathyy, Yes IP'.
How sad it is that you're so insecure that you have to stay around to tell us how much we suck at life...

If your region is so great why do you continue to stay around here? Go play in your own sandbox.

And PLEASE don't give me that "home is where the heart is" garbage...

And the ADN, under Pope Hope, was democratic and not at all in the firm vice of a small few.

:yes:

Not sure. It could be satire, or JAL could just be grateful to you. In such circumstances, good manners would suggest erring on the side of politeness, no?

I prefer not to second guess in such matters. I'm sure JAL will enlighten us in his own good time.
Does it really matter?

I don't get how this is important to you. There really is no concievable way that you could use your "feigned injured pride" argument.

But you really ARE good at that one...

Yes Cathyy, tell us of the wonderful, insightful posts that make up the bulk of the post count
An Example Post*:
*This post was generated from my memmory of the most used section of "The Lexicon" Forums, OOC. The thread in question was count to a billion.

You're joking right. At least when I was there there was very little debate. It mainly consisted of star players doing 90% of the work.

:lol:

We really should give them a bit of credit. For months we have all been dying for some war. Don't deny it... You know you love the carnage and entertainment of it all.

Thank you Lexicon

It really is the ADNs fault.

:lol:

We really should give them a bit of credit. For months we have all been dying for some war. Don't deny it... You know you love the carnage and entertainment of it all.

Thank you Lexicon

It really is the ADNs fault.
I disagree. Peace is the only answer.

Yes Cathyy, tell us of the wonderful, insightful posts that make up the bulk of the post count
An Example Post*:
*This post was generated from my memmory of the most used section of "The Lexicon" Forums, OOC. The thread in question was count to a billion.

You're joking right. At least when I was there there was very little debate. It mainly consisted of star players doing 90% of the work.
umm youre wrong there are only count to 1000 and count to 10,000 threads and the OOC allows the people of the lexicon to have fun and remember that this is all a big game

umm youre wrong there are only count to 1000 and count to 10,000 threads and the OOC allows the people of the lexicon to have fun and remember that this is all a big game

We have a forum that bears much similarity to the OOC in The Lexicon though the posts there generally consist of more than a display of the basic ability to count. Regardless, I believe AlHoma was being a bit sarcastic.

About the OOC.

Here's a simple statistic for you:

Total Posts in The Lexicon: 113,264

Total Posts in the Lexicon's Fun and Games area: 68,931

By simple arithmetic, total posts in the Lexicon outside Fun and Games: 44,333

Total Posts in The North Pacific: 43,577.

Total Posts in The North Pacific OOC area: 20,269

Total Posts in The North Pacific outside the OOC: 23,308

Verdict: The Lexicon has the same rough shape as TNP in post distribution, just has twice as much.

Ok, you know what? If you think that little lexi is so mighty, THEN GO BACK TO THEIR FORUMS. Seriously.

In fact, I think I'll go and act up the reverse Cathyy role, just because I know that little lexi is going to ban me.

We have always valued quality over quantity.
Where is the evidence that your non-OOC posts have higher quality than ours?

However, I will probably say no more on this subject, as the topic, to the extent it can be spoken of at all, has been exhausted.

Anyways, you're welcome.

About the OOC.

Here's a simple statistic for you:

Total Posts in The Lexicon: 113,264

Total Posts in the Lexicon's Fun and Games area: 68,931

By simple arithmetic, total posts in the Lexicon outside Fun and Games: 44,333

Total Posts in The North Pacific: 43,577.

Total Posts in The North Pacific OOC area: 20,269

Total Posts in The North Pacific outside the OOC: 23,308

Verdict: The Lexicon has the same rough shape as TNP in post distribution, just has twice as much.
Wow are you totally off base...

Just remember. Stastics can be made to prove anything...

The Lexicon TNP
Inside OOC 60.85% 46.51%
Outside OOC 39.15% 53.49%

By your own stastics the average Lexiconian posts aproximateley 3/5 of the time in OOC where as the average TNPer posts almost equally in OOC and elsewhere.

Wait, your proportions don't invalidate my statement.

However they do initiate a different context for the statement of quantity-- you are now saying that you have a higher quality of poster.

In any case, the 'twice as many posts, period,' still stands, roughly speaking. However, as I said, let us move on from that.

We were talking about flowers, understood?

Dandelions are yellow,
Daffodils are too,
Lilies are white mellow.
Roses are not blue.

/* Let's see if anyone can spot the reference :P */

Roses are red..
violets are blue...
dear sweet lexicon...
we thank you...

Thank you Cathyy for your consistancy in all your posts.....here and in the LEX....
Thank you IP for caring so much about RL people....that you are willing to go to war over it...
Thank you eluvator for your statistics and constitutional skills and understanding....Perhaps there is a job as a consultant for TNP after all this war and fighting are over....
Thank you Of the US for constantly forgetting it is all a game.....and feeling we need to be reminded....
Thank you TCM for being always respectful on the RMB....
Thank you the Lexicon....Thank you all.......I've never had a war fought over me....on quite such a scale....

And thank you the academy for voting me this Oscar....and thanks mom and pops...and thank you god...thru whom all things are possible....I really didn't know I would be receiving any award this evening....I thank my freinds for keeping it a secret from me....you rascals you.... :cry:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:ADN:

or is it???????

And thank you that typing the second bit of Lexic/onions has been keeping me giggling for days.....you know.....that your natives are named after type of vegetable.....

As Arthur Askey used to say: "I thank you....!"

EDIT: so busy giggling did yet another typo....Doh!

I adore your av/sig combo, Digitalis.

Waitaminnut, this is a game? Holy crap.

*OPArsenal pack up my things*

Bye, all!

giggle

MMm, excellent piece JAL. The posts in this thread by teh lexi people serve only to further demonstrate what you were getting at.

Love teh images, Digi. :P

Thank you TNP members for your welcoming attitude of go back to your forum.

Thank you TNP for saying we should leave then signing up on our forum.

Thank you TNP for giving us something to aspire to be different from.

Thank you TNP for "respecting" democracy.

Thank you TNP for taking the time out to make a list like this, which in turn, inspired me to write back a long-winded reply.

Thank you TNP for posting with maturity here and keeping the immaturity for our forum.

Back