WAR

We need a public statement and an international statement to decry this as yet another childish action by the Lexicon.

Cathyy's decision to remain a NP citizen will be the source of much entertainment for the coming months. (NOT.)

If she really is serious (about any of this) I'll have the charges whipped up by the hour.

Thoughts?

Boot 'em all out :P

We, the collected peoples of the North Pacific, hereby decree that we shall ignore any and all official comminiques from the Lexicon, including but not limited too: declartions of war, surrender terms, diplomatic channels and birthday party invitations.

Due to the childish and unlogical approach to everything taken by the Lex, it is decided that this action is the only way of ensuring that our membership get any peace and quiet

Signed,
The North Pacific Government

We need the vote of two more cabinet ministers or one and the Del.

Dammit, I'm drafting the charges as we speak. Dig mind sending messages to the rest of Cabinet?

I've presented this motion to Wiz and once Byard authorizes it, we can have a 24 hr vote to ban Cathyy.

Art 6.2
2) The Judicial Branch or the Prime Minister can call a referendum vote of the Regional Assembly for the purpose of approving a motion for immediate expulsion by the posting of the case and evidence of needed action in a thread within the Regional off-site Forum and a notification of the motion and referendum on the Regional message board at Nationstates.net at any time.
3) If more than half of the Regional Assembly Members who cast a vote in that thread, with a quorum participating, vote in favor of an ejection within a 24 hour period, then the Nation will be ejected by the Delegate.

Until then I'm drafting an emergency motion to revoke Cathyy's citizenship, should the vote fail. You don't just do that, y'know?

I currently have limited internet access, and my browser will not load large images. Could someone explain this "War" situation to me in a PM please, so I can vote in any cabinet decision if I have to?

Well, this obviously wasn't a last minute decision. They are handling the situation quite well. I suggest we do a bit more than press charges on people and take a more offensive approach.

Boot 'em all out :P

We, the collected peoples of the North Pacific, hereby decree that we shall ignore any and all official comminiques from the Lexicon, including but not limited too: declartions of war, surrender terms, diplomatic channels and birthday party invitations.

Due to the childish and unlogical approach to everything taken by the Lex, it is decided that this action is the only way of ensuring that our membership get any peace and quiet

Signed,
The North Pacific Government
Spelling children, spelling.

Declaration. Change it now!

The tyrant has spoken. :rofl:

Sorry mommy Eras :( It was like 1am when I posted that though.

We, the collected nations and peoples of the North Pacific, hereby decree that we shall not be swayed by the illogical and belligerent waffle from the region known as ‘The Lexicon’. We find their use of double-talk and half-truths to draw us into war distasteful, and their methods of diplomacy coarse and child-like.

As of this moment, we shall be ignoring all communiqués, official or otherwise, from this region as it has been decided that this would be the only way we will get any peace and quiet.

All Lexicon citizens are to be considered persona non grata within TNP in the interests of decency and taste.

Signed,
The North Pacific Government.

Sorry for posting in the cabinet's private chamber, but do I have permission to remove the Lexicon advert from the "regional news and ads". It seems a little incongruous to have it there, since they have declared war on us.

PS. I would replace "waffle" with "twaddle". Their declaration was quite concise, but it was crap. Hence twaddle is more appropriate.

Well I find it hard to believe that right when the endo-tarts pop up, Cathyy declares war. I'm sure the banning of IP and the ironic unendo campaign which we used against Cathyy cannot be more than a coincidence.

I was trying not to step on anyone's toes so that's why I minimized my response to only my ministries but I think a quick public statement is necessary. We have to keep up morale within the region.

As for the Communications and Culture people, propaganda NOW! Overstate the ludicrious nature of it ie- Lexicon finds spies from Dam region and chooses to invade the North Pacific. Hell we even have moldavi on us for this one! Spread through the wires to all the feeders and every region, they're going to get information about this either way. Better us than them, better our truth than their lies.

Defense, shore up defences and talk with the allies dammit. Lexiden can't just be annoyance for us, every other defender out there has to have a bone to pick with them.

Since Byard and Poltsamaa won't hear my case, I'll have to call a vote to ban Cathyy. Cabinet support would be helpful but I'm pushing this one through no matter what.

I don't think the cabinet can simply eject her, Comrade.

You'd need to bring her before the RA for crimes against the crown, or whatever you want to call it. Poltsamaa could, in theory, remove her RA membership if we had a case good enough.

Of course, our biggest worry right now is getting a statement out. :P

I don't think the cabinet can simply eject her, Comrade.

You'd need to bring her before the RA for crimes against the crown, or whatever you want to call it. Poltsamaa could, in theory, remove her RA membership if we had a case good enough.

Of course, our biggest worry right now is getting a statement out. :P
Trust me I know my law:

Art 6.2 Expulsions
2) The Judicial Branch or the Prime Minister can call a referendum vote of the Regional Assembly for the purpose of approving a motion for immediate expulsion by the posting of the case and evidence of needed action in a thread within the Regional off-site Forum and a notification of the motion and referendum on the Regional message board at Nationstates.net at any time.
3) If more than half of the Regional Assembly Members who cast a vote in that thread, with a quorum participating, vote in favor of an ejection within a 24 hour period, then the Nation will be ejected by the Delegate.

I'm working on a justice until Hersfold comes back. Cabinet doesn't have to support me on this, I know this is a nasty move but hey this is our reasoned response against an irrational act of aggression.

We, the collected nations and peoples of the North Pacific, hereby decree that we shall not be swayed by the illogical and belligerent twaddle from the region known as ‘The Lexicon’. We find their use of double-talk and half-truths to draw us into war distasteful, and their methods of diplomacy coarse and child-like.

As of this moment, we shall be ignoring all communiqués, official or otherwise, from this region as it has been decided that this would be the only way we will get any peace and quiet.

All Lexicon citizens are to be considered persona non grata within TNP in the interests of decency and taste.

Signed,
The North Pacific Government.

Are we going to approve and release this or what?

All that has to be done is to write a statement to the effect:

"It is regrettable that The Lexicon, in an act of unprovoked aggression, has declared war upon The North Pacific.

The motivation for this act of unprovoked aggression on the part of The Lexicon is a mystery.

Be it known that The North Pacific shall defend itself by all honorable means from such an unprovoked attack."

And thats all that has to be said. Let the Lexicon and Cathyy get a major case of 'foot in mouth disease". Then we totally waste The Lexicon.

R

Dig, JAL, and I have approved the statement I quoted. Roman could make a fourth!
All we need is one more!

EDIT - Dig isn't a cabinet member yet so we need two more! I'll start harassing the rest of Cabinet.

Sniffles: I vote NAY to your wording. 1. It is deliberateley inflamitory. 2. If you make your opponent look like an idiot you loose the reason to fight them.

Romanoffia: I vote for your wording.

Not my wording by the way, it was Digi's.

Can someone please write up another one, for godsakes I feel like we're drowning and you guys are just describing the water!

Thank you AH.

I figured that a totally non-inflamatory approach is the way to go - it makes one's opponents still look like idiots but shows the need for responding to any threat they pose while allowing for a negoitated conclusion of hostilities if the opportunity arises.

It's essentially a puzzled 'shrug of the shoulders' indicating perplexity as to why The Lexicon would do something as inane as declaring war on TNP.

It also shows that The Lexicon fired the first shots and that they are the aggressors, which is a PR advantage.

R

"It is regrettable that The Lexicon, in an act of unprovoked aggression, has declared war upon The North Pacific. The motivation for this act of unprovoked aggression on the part of The Lexicon is a mystery and hope to be successfull in our attempts to find meaningful answers and solutions.

Be it known that The North Pacific shall defend itself by all honorable means from such an unprovoked attack. We condemn all acts of un-endorsement, endo-tarters, and spammings on our RMB."

Is this watered down enough?

mr_sniffles: Do you need to reveal a secret ajenda you have?

Until you reveal your true motiviations for wanting to "persona non-grata" the entire region of "The Lexicon" I'll not sign on to it.

no agenda here. please provide an alternative if available but can you please point out where I was wrong with my version?

If we let them go on being the temper tantrum throwing children that they are currently portraying themselves as, we gain the moral high ground. The Digitalis Cominique brings us down to their level. And for one I'll not be a part of it.

Yes but what is wrong with this one:

"It is regrettable that The Lexicon, in an act of unprovoked aggression, has declared war upon The North Pacific. The motivation for this act of unprovoked aggression on the part of The Lexicon is a mystery and we hope to be successful in our attempts to find meaningful answers and solutions.

Be it known that The North Pacific shall defend itself by all honorable means from such an unprovoked attack. We condemn all acts of un-endorsement, endo-tarters, and spammings on our RMB."

Yes but what is wrong with this one:

"It is regrettable that The Lexicon, in an act of unprovoked aggression, has declared war upon The North Pacific. The motivation for this act of unprovoked aggression on the part of The Lexicon is a mystery and we hope to be successful in our attempts to find meaningful answers and solutions.

Their reason isn't a mystery... it just seems... "false"? "untrue" I don't know the right word there.

I only added mystery because the proper evidence hasn't been shown (the one shown only displayed our intelligence on the LWU) and it seemed diplomatic as Al-Homa wanted, to show that there's something we've failed to solve but if we both lay down arms well then by gum we'll solve it!

Also Roman wrote it.

It is regrettable that The Lexicon, in an act of unprovoked aggression, has declared war upon The North Pacific. The motivation for this act of unprovoked aggression on the part of The Lexicon is a mystery and hope to be successfull in our attempts to find meaningful answers and solutions.

Be it known that The North Pacific shall defend itself by all honorable means from such an unprovoked attack. We condemn all acts of un-endorsement, endo-tarters, and spammings on our RMB.
I agree to this.

Fine I agree.

If I'm correct that makes the requisite number of votes.

Post it.

Let's show them how it's done.

Just FYI, mine wasn't at all serious.

The Digitalis Comminique, so to speak, was all a bit of a joke. Some people need a sense of humour injection it seems.

Goddammit! Why do these things ALWAYS happen when I'm not here!?!!

*Hersfold runs off to see if it's been posted yet.

I have recieved a message from Posul telling us that the Meritocracy is in full support of us and is willing to give any aid neccessary.
Posul:
The Government of the New Meritocracy, has decided that in the current conflict between the North Pacific and the Lexicon it will give all necessary and requested assistance to the North Pacfic Government in the face of this blatant aggression from the Lexicon

And could somebody please send me a PM to tell me why IP's got his pants in a bunch this time?

Back