Greetings

Shaudawn

TNPer
Greetings to the people of the North Pacific,

I wish to introduce myself.

I am Shaudawn, Walker of the Land, Talker with all Creation, and Prayer for Peace.

I have come to this place, this North Pacific, to see what I can see, hear what I can hear, and to talk with the people here about the good things. My nation - of the same name - is new, and this is the first time I have seen this place, so forgive me if I seem a little newbie-ish. I just take my time.

Thank you for letting me talk here.

Peace,

--Shaudawn

Thank you, Mr. Ashcroft and Ms. Daimiaena.

I believe that politeness and respect are important and in short supply these days. Such qualities are charished by myself.

However, forgive me, but your avatar creeps me out a little, Mr. Ashcroft. No offense!

I just uploaded something I made...I hope that is okay.

I do have a question though. I've looked around a bit and I wonder about the money I see on people's posts. I don't have to pay to post, do I?

No, in fact you get money by posting.

Welcome to the region. If there's any other questions or concerns you have, please let me know.

Thank you very much, Mr. Hersfold, for the warm welcome. I was going to ask about the colors of the names...but just now I looked down and saw the government positions and it clicked.

I like your smilies...what fun! I like using them, so maybe soon I will.

I'm from Seattle, Washington in America, and all of this seems sort of European to me, so pardon if I am a little slow and quiet with things. If you don't mind, though, I'd like to look around. I've yet to check out your arcade, but that looks like fun!

Thanks again!

However, forgive me, but your avatar creeps me out a little, Mr. Ashcroft
Unlike my picture of Senator Rick Santorum, JAL is being sarcastic to my knowledge. So you can sleep at night now...

Welcome to the North Pacific!

I'm from Seattle, Washington in America, and all of this seems sort of European to me, so pardon if I am a little slow and quiet with things. If you don't mind, though, I'd like to look around. I've yet to check out your arcade, but that looks like fun!

Thanks again!
:o Seattle!

Are you enjoying the incessant rains?

Oh, and welcome to our home, glad to have you here.

Welcome aboard! We're not all Euros, either. I'm from Florida, and we have more than a few Texans and one Utahn.

So hooray for America.

Glad to have you here.

Thank you all for the lovely welcome. You are all rather nice. :D

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Peace!

Welcome, Shaudawn, to The North Pacific. I, perkus, founder of Flowerhill would like to greet you and welcome you to the forums.

Welcome to the Region. I am new myself, and am more intrigued the more I search this site. I hope to be "seeing" you all in the future.

*Smiles, and waves to the new players* Feel free to make yourself at home, if you all are interested, the Ministry of External Affairs is looking for some new diplomats to see the world, and contact and communicate with our allies and friends. If you think you are interested in the job, or wish more information, feel free to message me either privately or in my office.

Now, who is up for a drink?

To your excellencies heads of state of The North Pacific:

Greetings from the Community of Hellerville. We are a newly formed state in this region and wish to introduce ourselves as a friend and equal to the nations of this region. We look forward to future communications with all of you.

Sincerely
Archer

I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while. I've not been keeping up with the forum too much. But today I was curious, and so I looked.

I really don't know much about this whole 'war' thing in NationStates. I saw on the regional NationStates page that Lexicon is at war with the North Pacific? I looked, and Lexicon has, like, 6 nations! Maybe I don't get how they can be at war with us. Is it like a game where they have big armies? But even so, we have over 5000 nations. Lots of them die out, but lots more are created every day.

Or is this just a flame war thing? If that's the case, then I'm not so concerned. I can just ignore it. Although I looked at the Thread where everyone was arguing back and forth about who said what and where and when. It gave me a headache!

Why can't people just respect one another? :(

First, did you search for "The Lexicon"? It currenly has 750ish members. Other than that, you're pretty much correct. It is pretty much impossible to unseat a determined and capable Feeder Delegate, so they can't really hurt us, and they have a Founder, so we can't hurt them. Essentially, it will just be a large pissing contest, with lords of strongly worded nothings and even more petty flames flying about.

In conclusion, not much to worry about, though FEC may have to boot a nation or two if The Lexicon manages to get someone close to her in endocounts.

I never welcomed you.

Welcome.

(I'm one of them Texans OP was talkin' 'bout)

Edit:

It is pretty much impossible to unseat a determined and capable Feeder Delegate

I disagree.

And I disagree with your disagreement.

Admittedly, it may be possible, but it would take a large group of experienced and dedicated players working in close concert for an extended period of time. Even then I'm not sure.

Admittedly, it may be possible, but it would take a large group of experienced and dedicated players working in close concert for an extended period of time. Even then I'm not sure.
Um... UPS Rail, Great Bight....

um done twice before in the NS world and all in the North Pacific

um.... yeah

It would take about 5 players working under an experienced and dedicated player. This shouldn't be much of a threat to us but your excessive optimism is not warranted.

Note the "determined and capable" part. ;)

Ejecting random people, including people endorsing you, doesn't strike me as "capable". Even then, it was only done with the benefit of a loophole, and over a month of planning.

edit: towards sniffles

Thank you, Fedele for the welcome.

And thank you, Heft, for enlightining me on that. I checked and I saw what you were talking about. It even says on the first Lexicon that there was a difference. I didn't realize that the word "The" made so much of a difference.

Anyway, I don't know if I still understand everything (I didn't realize NationStates was so 'dangerous')! But I guess the question I have is IF somehow this war is lost, then do we have to worry about getting kicked out? If so, how easy is it to come back? If I can't come back, is there another region? I've seen the other Pacifics, and I think I like North Pacific best.

Anyway, sorry for the babble. You guys got a war to win. Good luck.

The delegate can always kick and ban you from this region, and it would be plausible that if the region were to be taken (highly unlikely) that you could get caught in the crossfire, though I doubt you would get banned unless you made yourself a target (i.e actively posting anti-takerover people dissent or some such).

Either way, that outcome is still very, very unlikely, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Oh, and even if it did, they couldn't ban you from this forum. We would still be able to use it to communicate and plan a counter-takeover if we had to.

Um... UPS Rail, Great Bight....
UPS_Rail was trusted and given the delegacy. Once he had it, he turned us over to the old NPO. Great Bight was endo-tarting gone wrong.

Not a hideous takeover invasion.

Thanks, Heft. I'm still a little nervous, but I can wait out this whole stupid thing. I guess it's just part of the whole game aspect. I just like answering the questions. That's good enough for me.

I was born into TNP durning a war too. If I had been as smart as you and asked questions on the forum rather than hovering around trying to figure it out alone, I would have been much better off.

Congratulations on having a good head on your shoulders! :)

And Welcome to The North Pacific

Yes, I was born into TNP during a rather bad time as well. I came through fine though! (I think....)

Since you seem to be encouraging questions, I hope you don't mind that I keep asking them here. A lot of this seems complicated, and I don't want to post something where I ought not.

Is there a history about the North Pacific. I'm guessing from this talk about war that this isn't a new thing. In some ways, that's good, cuz that means you guys are still around. But in other ways Im still nervous. I guess I just don't know what to expect. I've been reading some of the other discussions and I can't tell who is who sometimes or what people really think. Like one person I've seen who is a member with two stars (Regional Assembly, I think?) but she also seems to be the one against us from Lexicon. Caty or something, I forget her name. (Is that her real picture?!) Is there people I'm not supposed to talk to? How did those other people get in here from Lexicon?

Anyway, if there is some other place I can get this info then let me know and sorry if I'm writing too much.

Since you seem to be encouraging questions, I hope you don't mind that I keep asking them here. A lot of this seems complicated, and I don't want to post something where I ought not.

Is there a history about the North Pacific. I'm guessing from this talk about war that this isn't a new thing. In some ways, that's good, cuz that means you guys are still around. But in other ways Im still nervous. I guess I just don't know what to expect. I've been reading some of the other discussions and I can't tell who is who sometimes or what people really think. Like one person I've seen who is a member with two stars (Regional Assembly, I think?) but she also seems to be the one against us from Lexicon. Caty or something, I forget her name. (Is that her real picture?!) Is there people I'm not supposed to talk to? How did those other people get in here from Lexicon?

Anyway, if there is some other place I can get this info then let me know and sorry if I'm writing too much.
hehe.

For recent stuff... here's my pat response.

For even farther back history... You'd have to sit down with one of us and go through it. :P

http://ns.goobergunch.net/wiki/index.php/The_north_pacific

There is a pretty good place to get a start on the history of the region.

As to whom you should not be talking to, I only suggest you don't accept candy from strangers ;)

You can talk to anyone you like. Cathyy is from The Lexicon but she is also a member of the RA here. And, in case that wasn't complicated enough for you...

The link above give a taste of the way this region's history is intertwined with Cathyy's.

The article will help but probably generate more questions. But, hey... at least you're trying to get a handle on things. :)

Thank you guys for the history. So far, I've only read the first one from the Former English Colony. But you are right, Dareksia. It generates more questions than answers. The first is that I'm wondering what Catty/Pixiedance did that was so horrible! Whatever it was, her reaction seems pretty week to me. How do you just give a nation away? Wierd.

I guess what bothers me more tho is this Gracius Maximus/GM/Pierconium/Moldavi guy. I've seen he's still here too, but he seems against Catty. I thought he was a good guy! If he was so evil to make a dictatership, then why isn't he kicked out?

Insane Power? That doesn't sound any better. Is GM also IP? This is confusing, really. I don't know if it helped! LOL!

Anyway, it seems to me that Catty/Pixiedance and Insane Power/GM? have a grunge against the North Pacific. I guess they finally had the guts to attack and they got all of their minions along for the ride. And it looks like this Greetings thread is getting crowded with them! That spy thing is so lame, anyone can see thru that. Lexicon minions are so lame. :-P

:lol:

2 things. Cathyy. Not Catty. And GM =/= IP

Second... Ivan and Cathyy are both here because well... their trials never really happened. I honestly wasn't paying attention then, perhaps someone else will answer a bit better.

LOL! My bad.

So, who do I trust, then? I don't want to spout off something to one of Them.

(By the way, that signature thing is hard! I think I got the buttons figured out now.)

I hope this is blue.

Soon you shall be ready for the art of unnecessary war and antagonization...

Wait, damn, I got my forums confused again. :pinch:

Back