RA Signup, 9 Mar-11 Aug 2006

Hersfold

TNPer
THIS TOPIC IS IN ARCHIVAL. The information found in this topic is out of date and thus incorrect. To apply to the Regional Assembly, please visit the Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs' office HERE for current information. DO NOT SEND HERSFOLD ANY MORE APPLICATIONS.

Welcome to The North Pacific. We highly recommend to all TNP members to apply for membership in the Regional Assembly. Members of this body can:
  • Vote in elections
  • Hold public office
  • Debate and vote on legislation
  • File court cases
  • Serve on a court jury
  • Wear one of those fancy badges with the orange stars you see everyone with
  • And much more.
This used to be separated into two bodies, the Registered Voters and the Regional Assembly. However, to streamline the application process and make the legislative process more open to all, they were merged together into the Regional Assembly. Members are not required to participate in any of the activities listed above (except wearing the badge - you're kinda stuck with that one). However, you will not be allowed to take part in those activities unless you are a member of the Regional Assembly.

So how do you join?

Simple! Just follow these directions and you'll be on your way to becoming a full citizen.

Step 1: Meeting Requirements

Here's the legalese bit on the subject:
The North Pacific Constitution:
In order to remain as legal members of The North Pacific, a Nation is expected to adhere to the following requirements:
1) Each member Nation will abide by the Constitution of The North Pacific and The North Pacific Legal Code enacted pursuant to Article IV of this Constitution.
2) Each member Nation shall refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any other nation or region in a manner inconsistent with the Constitution of The North Pacific.
3) Each member Nation shall refrain from giving assistance to any nation or region against which The North Pacific is taking defensive or enforcement action. Exceptions shall be given to Nations acting with official authorization of the North Pacific Army or the North Pacific Intelligence Agency, and is subject to the consent of the Cabinet minister having appropriate jurisdiction.
Here's what you actually need to know:

While a member of the Regional Assembly, you must obey the laws of the region. Obviously. If you don't know all the laws, ask someone and they'll most likely be more than happy to help out. All this includes not assisting any regions or groups we are taking action against - we are a defender region, and as such frequently move against invaders.

Also, you need to make sure you have a nation in The North Pacific. Citizenship won't do you much good if you aren't even a part of the region.

Step 2: Take the RA Oath.

Here's the bit where you actually apply for membership. In order to be accepted, you must fill out this form completely:
Your TNP Nation's name

(If you have a UN nation, include this as well. I will keep it confidential if you want, I just need to know what it is.)
Your UN Nation's name

I, <username>, as the leader of <your TNP nation's name>, pledge to obey the Constitution and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society.  I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than participation in North Pacific Army deployments that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply.  I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific.  I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Regional Government of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.
You can either post this form in this topic, or send it directly to Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs North Harmoneia by clicking here. Either way is perfectly fine. Just don't e-mail it to me or you'll probably never get approved.

Step 3: Participating in the Region

Most of the time, your application will be approved within 24 hours of you posting it. When this happens, you will be placed in a usergroup that allows you to post in forums set aside for the Regional Assembly, and gives you that fancy orange badge everyone has. There are very few reasons why your application would be turned down, and most of them have to do with typos in the application itself, nothing really to do with you at all.

Once all that happens, you can begin using your rights as a member of the Regional Assembly. I just ask that you keep me notified of a few things:
  • If your TNP Member or UN Member nation changes, please let me know.
  • If you join the NPA, also let me know. Also tell the Minister of Defense to send me a PM.
  • If you want to resign your membership, you must send me a PM.
All this ensures that everything is kept up-to-date so that the region can run smoothly. It creates havoc when election time comes around and half of the Regional Assembly lose their positions because I think their TNP nations have died or wandered off. It's confusing enough as it is, so please help me out.

Finally, if you have any questions about this, I don't (really) care how stupid they might seem to you, please do not hesitate to ask either myself or my Deputy, Fedele. We will be more than happy to help you out and get you started in TNP. Applying for Assembly Membership can be the most important thing you do, and we want to make it as easy as possible for you. Enjoy your time in The North Pacific!

hersfold.jpg
The United Federation of Hersfold
Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs
The North Pacific

THIS TOPIC IS IN ARCHIVAL. The information found in this topic is out of date and thus incorrect. To apply to the Regional Assembly, please visit the Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs' office HERE for current information. DO NOT SEND HERSFOLD ANY MORE APPLICATIONS.

Can you change my UN Nation to "Russian Unity"? It will be confirmed as a UN member by tomorrow.

Grenval II

What's a UN nation?

I, Grenval, as the leader of Grenval II, pledge to obey the Constitution and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than participation in North Pacific Army deployments that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Regional Government of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.

I'm assuming that since you have to ask, you don't have one - A UN nation is a nation that has joined the United Nations, and can vote on UN Resolutions that affect all the UN nations. You can tell who they are by their badge:
un_member.gif

If you do have one of these nations, please let me know as soon as possible. Otherwise, you have been approved for RA Membership.

BTW, Apollo's UN was eventually changed to Russoslovakia, for those who care for some reason.

You desperately need a sarcasm detector, Hersfold. I imagine sometime during the 2+ years he's been playing NS that Grenval has heard about the UN.

United harmoneia

North harmoneia

I, North harmoneia, as the leader of United Harmoneia, pledge to obey the Constitution and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society.  I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than participation in North Pacific Army deployments that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply.  I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Regional Government of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.

North harmoneia, you are approved for membership in the Regional Assembly. Thank you for applying.

A few days ago, The Holy Empire of Keipair was approved for RA status, but was shortly removed from the Assembly at Keipair's request, as they had moved to another region. I figured since they didn't stay on very long, I'd just post this when there something I needed to say.

Constitutional Monarchy of Oponn

I, Oponn, as the leader of Constitutional Monarchy of Oponn, pledge to obey the Constitution and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than participation in North Pacific Army deployments that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Regional Government of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.

Looks good - welcome to The North Pacific, Oponn. You're now a member of the Regional Assembly, and the Diplomatic Corps according to Haor. :D

Raker has been approved for membership in the Regional Assembly via private registration.

TNP nation is Tomaljas

No UN nation.

I, Sajlamot, as the leader of Sajlamot/Tomaljas, pledge to obey the Constitution and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than participation in North Pacific Army deployments that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Regional Government of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.

Edited for clarity.

Sajlamot, your application is on hold for two reasons.

One, I need to know if you have a UN nation. (You named two nations, which is a bit confusing).
Two, when I tried the link to Tomlajas, the game didn't show it as being in any region at all - probably a hang-up from yesterday's April Fools joke, but for the moment I cannot accept your application.

The feeder regions (and the Rejected Realms) have disappeared. None of us are technically in the North Pacific right now.

All applications are currently on hold due to the recurring 0 of 0 bug. Do not log into your nations at this time.

Edit: After review, Sajlamot's declared TNP nation is in TNP. However, due to special circumstances, his application remains on hold while I have a chat with the Chief Justice. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I, Charles Kennedy, as the leader of Eras is a sexy lady, pledge to obey the Constitution and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than participation in North Pacific Army deployments that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Regional Government of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.

TNP and UN Nation: http://www.nationstates.net/eras_is_a_sexy_lady

You know, I didn't notice the double mention of 'Region' in that last sentence before. Has the oath been changed?

It was changed slightly after the RA/RV merger. Mainly just fluff words, though.

Sajlamot and Digit (aka NeKront :P), you are both approved for membership to the Regional Assembly. I'd say welcome to the region, but you've both been here a while.

Hi all, great to have found you, seems an interesting forum!

The Republic of Genusa

I am a UN member nation.

I, Genus, as the leader of The Republic of Genusa, pledge to obey the Constitution and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than participation in North Pacific Army deployments that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Regional Government of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.

The Illuminati of Poltsamaa

The Alpine Principality of Tygaland

I, Poltus Exclamatus, as the leader of The Illuminati of Poltsamaa, pledge to obey the Constitution and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than participation in North Pacific Army deployments that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Regional Government of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.

My TNP and UN nation: Princepolis

I, Villiamus II, as the leader of Princepolis, pledge to obey the Constitution and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than participation in North Pacific Army deployments that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Regional Government of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.

Unfortunately I accidentally CTEd during a brief rough patch in my life when I mistakenly thought the nation was on vacation mode. I hope to return to active duty in the RA post haste.

Apologies to everyone for the delay. I'm processing everyone's applications now, and will edit this post as they get approved and whatnot.

Genusa, I've already seen yours via PM, and you are approved. Welcome to TNP.

Polts, while I'm sure it's shocking, I can't find anything wrong with your application. :P Welcome back!!

And Russo, you are re-approved. Welcome back to the region.

To whom it concerns,

This is to notify the regional government that Daiokura's representitive in the region and to the United Nations is now the Protectorate of Cthul Murgos.

Signed,
Brent Misato, Praetor
Sakura Praetorate of Daiokura

To MoIIA!!

I no longer have a UN nation!! Tygaland has resigned from the UN!!

For your information to update your records!!

Bird of Love

(If you have a UN nation, include this as well. I will keep it confidential if you want, I just need to know what it is.)
Carops

I, Carops, as the leader of Bird of Love, pledge to obey the Constitution and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than participation in North Pacific Army deployments that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Regional Government of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.

Commonwealth of Falconkats

Commonwealth of Falconkats

I, FALCONKATS I, as the leader of COMMENWEALTH OF FALCONKATS, pledge to obey the Constitution and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than participation in North Pacific Army deployments that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Regional Government of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly.

Apologies for the delay. I'm processing the applications and updates now.

Cthul and Polts, changes noted. Thank you for the updates.

Carops, you are approved. Thank you.

Falconkats, I need you to provide me with links to your nation. Thank you.

Back