Grosseschnauzer

I'm sure by the time some of you read this you are going to wonder what the world is coming to.

While I am not leaving the game, or retiring, or even resigning, my presence is going to be quite limited for the next few months, unless something unexpected happens.

For those of you who haven't been aware, I've been staying at my sister's house since I came into NS. While my health is under control, and I'm trying to get things re-established, my sister's health has been extremely poor since October after the first of a series of strokes; and then, in February she was diagnosed with advanced stage four cancer -- terminal and metasized.

Her finances, as it turned out were in even worse shape. So for the time being, I do not have internet access from her house, and I am going to have to use the public library, where the time is very limited.

Hersfold has been aware of this for a couple of months. I am not leaving as a GM, and I am not retiring from the game, but my access is going to be quite limited. For now, I hope to log in at some point each weekday, but other than that, it is hard to predict.

So, I thought I needed to let y'all know now -- I'm not going to resign from the SC (since I anticipate once a day access), but I will not be taking on any other responsibilities beyond global modding when I happen to be online, and the SC.

I'm not disappearing, just having to deal with a curveball.

What is the world coming to? :o

As long as you think you can still get on, Schnauzer, I think everything will work out ok (here, at least). Let us know if things get worse, with the greatest hopes that they don't.

Because my sole available access to the net (the local public linrary) was closed all weekend for the holiday yesterday, I've not been able to post anything since Thursday.

It may be difficult for me to get in the rest of this week as well.

I was up until 3 am inasmuch as my sister passed away at 12:30 am at the hospice. I was there along with my niece (her daughter), one of my niece's friends, and one of my brothers....who drove in and made it with two hours to spare.

The best way to get my attention on any topic is to send me a PM. The email notification will alert me when I sign into Yahoo mail, and I will check those issues first. (As I did today with a moderation vote.)

Have no fear, I plan to be back.....as I said before......it may be a couple more months before things settle into a pattern of access again.

Gross, I am so sorry to hear your news. Rest assured you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers today and in the coming weeks.

David.

I've had a similar experience so I know how hard it is to lose a sister. Be well and don't concern yourself with this rubbish if it is a burden to you.

Back