Consulate of the Pacific Army

*paints the walls pink with lime-green stripes*

So pretty ^__^

I'll poke the powers that be about writing an update (PA doesn't write these very often >_>) and plop it in this consolate. Also, if TNP would like a consolate/embassy on PA's forums, feel free to stop by.

Pacific Army Update

Forums: http://s14.invisionfree.com/PacificArmy/index.php?act=idx

Founder:
Talkos

Forum Admins:
Talkos
Levana Liberty
GetOnIt

Population: 39 nations

Happenings:

Pacific Army's forums continue to be lively, with topics ranging from a discussion of the NPO to spam topics recieving many posts per day.

Given a history of tension with the PRP and old NPO, the Pacific Army is discussing its policy regarding the new NPO. According to commanding officer Levana "Lanna" Liberty, "I really don't care about them, nor I know who they are... I'm just here because I love defending!"

Other debates about religion, God, the meaning of life, and cheese are currently taking place.

Long time native and defender Artful Dodgers has finally been made an Officer of the Army. It's long overdue, congrats AD!!!

With school winding down and summer winding up, a new recruitment drive is just now beginning, with the hopes of drastically increasing our regional population.

And finally, the Pacific Army would like to wish long time PA Officer of Sexehness JAL a happy retirement. Ciao!

The Pacific Army regrets the actions taken by the New Pacific Order over the past week regarding our consulate and embassy in the North Pacific and West Pacific, respectively. It disturbs us not only that the NPO has sought to isolate us from greater Nationstates, but also that their tactics include coercion and intimidation. We hope that in the future the NPO will be more tolerant of us as well as the sovereignty of the other feeders.

The Pacific Army remains committed to communicating with as many regions of possible. Because of this, we are more than happy to open relations with those who also have relations with the NPO. Since it is of no concern to us whether or not a region has relations with the NPO, we wonder why the NPO will not make a similar effort to coexist. Pierconium insists that it is our goal to overthrow his delegacy. However, times have changed. The general membership of the Pacific Army is now comprised largely of newer nations with little knowledge or concern about the Pacific. It is sad to us that the NPO has resorted to conjecture about game glitches and other what-if's to explain their dislike of us, while we in fact do not seek to oppose them, but rather to simply defend.

We hope this ordeal with the NPO is over and that we can get back to what we love most: defending. We would also like to thank the governments of the North and West Pacifics for their patience during these times. Thank you.

Your last statement does not go as far as to recognise the current government of the Pacific as legitimate!! Does Pacific Army still consider the government there as illegitimate and that Pacific Army and Nasicournia contain the true government-in-exile?!

Your last statement does not go as far as to recognise the current government of the Pacific as legitimate!! Does Pacific Army still consider the government there as illegitimate and that Pacific Army and Nasicournia contain the true government-in-exile?!

Pacific Army has no official stance on this issue.

Wait are you the Lanna? Or are there two in NS?

I certainly hope there is only one Lanna.

(Hi, Sarcodina! ^_^ Long time, no see.)

Why are you called Pacific Army? Are you associated with The Pacific? If not are you a peaceful/tranquil army? *Wonders if that is an oxymoron*

Why are you called Pacific Army? Are you associated with The Pacific? If not are you a peaceful/tranquil army? *Wonders if that is an oxymoron*

We are called the Pacific Army because we were founded by the people of The Pacific in August 2003 to defend nations and regions from invasions. We are no longer associated with The Pacific.

Well, except for the fact your region has "Pacific" in its name and the last recruiting message I *thought* I got from PA was calling for the overthrow PRP (See? It was a while ago they were active) :P

Maybe Pacific Army needs to change its name to shed its old image, it being all peaceful and friendly now?!

How about Non-Pacific Peaceniks?!

No, please, go ahead and use that it you like!! I don't have it copyrighted or anything like that!!

Question:

There are 13,996 regions in ns. Have you issued a statement regarding the legitimacy of the government of all of these? if not, why not?

After all, to issue a statement regarding the legitimacy of one would, de facto, cast doubt over your opinion of the legitimacy of all the others.

Question:

There are 13,996 regions in ns. Have you issued a statement regarding the legitimacy of the government of all of these? if not, why not?

After all, to issue a statement regarding the legitimacy of one would, de facto, cast doubt over your opinion of the legitimacy of all the others.
Assuming, of course, that said region had declared the government of all 13,996 regions illegitimate in the past!! Otherwise your comments would ring hollow, Flem!! Which they do, so I guess PA never did declare every single region's government illegitimate and pledge their existance was to oust all those goverments!!

Nice try though Flem, but you are off your game today!! ;)

Well, except for the fact your region has "Pacific" in its name and the last recruiting message I *thought* I got from PA was calling for the overthrow PRP (See? It was a while ago they were active)

Hm, I was the recruiter for Pacific Army... about overthrowing the Pacific, I know for a fact we do not state that in our recruiting messages.

Maybe Pacific Army needs to change its name to shed its old image, it being all peaceful and friendly now?!

No, please, go ahead and use that it you like!! I don't have it copyrighted or anything like that!!

Sure, when you change your name to fit your personality, then I'll think about it.

Question:

I have not and will not, but that does not mean I do not recognize their government as legitimate or not. While we're on this topic, have you, Flem? If not, why not?

Sure, when you change your name to fit your personality, then I'll think about it.
Except that the name "Poltsamaa" isn't an incredibly misleading misnomer.

When you name a region "Pacific Army", it is generally going to be viewed as having something to do with The Pacific. Given the history of PA and its previous incarnations, it isn't hard to understand why some people would believe that that something isn't exactly positive for the government of The Pacific.

I've never understood why the region was ever recreated, much less turned into an actual home for some of you. The only two reasons I can see are simple nostalgia or deliberate provocation. It should be apparent that Pacific Army will always be viewed as anti-NPO, given its history, and I don't see how you could ever expect to develop a region with a distinct culture and identity while carrying such baggage.

I have one question for the Consul, should they wish to answer.

Given the negative feedback from certain parties in regards to your region's former mission, how do you invisage that your current government will act to persuade the international community that you are not, in fact, going to continue along the previous lines as your predecessors?

Wait the PA isn't planning on taking over the Pacific?

How about this? The Feeders come together and decide to make each feeder into a specialized feeder. One democratic, one this, one that. Then all feeder members can decide and make it into unofficial law. Then all this changing gov't hoopla will be shown to have no legitmacy as when one nation stays in this or that feeder, they know what they are getting into...

It will also (instead of militarily) have the feeders competing to show their form of gov't is superior. It also would serve to create more useful and activity producing tension that could be channeled to sporting and other competitions as the original meeting would likely have an element of peaceful relations amongst all feeders involved. From this military-minded conservative to everybody, let's all get along and learn to love one another... :kiss: :lol: j/k

This is off-topic, but whatever...

When you name a region "Pacific Army", it is generally going to be viewed as having something to do with The Pacific. Given the history of PA and its previous incarnations, it isn't hard to understand why some people would believe that that something isn't exactly positive for the government of The Pacific.

I've never understood why the region was ever recreated, much less turned into an actual home for some of you. The only two reasons I can see are simple nostalgia or deliberate provocation. It should be apparent that Pacific Army will always be viewed as anti-NPO, given its history, and I don't see how you could ever expect to develop a region with a distinct culture and identity while carrying such baggage.

There are several Pacific regions... Pacific Army isn't the only one. People can think what they want to think. We are not hiding anything... the truth is there if they want to know it.

The region was refounded because Talkos, a former Commander of Pacific Army/Freedom Fights, felt they should take the name back.

... and what baggage? We are not bugging anyone, and no one else is bugging us...

Given the negative feedback from certain parties in regards to your region's former mission, how do you invisage that your current government will act to persuade the international community that you are not, in fact, going to continue along the previous lines as your predecessors?

We have showed no interest in The Pacific since the region was refounded... and we don't have a government. We're a defender army, and only that.

If you don't have a government, how can you have commanders and ambassadors? (serious question)

Do you have a founder? Do you have a delegate?

If you don't have a government, how can you have commanders and ambassadors? (serious question)

Do you have a founder? Do you have a delegate?

I do not consider our founder and delegate to be government-related. We have an army, and so we have commanders. As for ambassadors, anyone can be one. No government (in Pacific Army) is telling us what to do. We are free to do what we want within our army... some people are only there so they can spam our forums!

Any time there is a delegate or a founder there is a government. That government is called a dictatorship though it may be a benevolent, apathetic or oppressive dictatorship. Our region, for example, is a benevolent dictatorship, currently run by Erastide, with a democratic process that, by her own benevolence, she allows to take place.

Armies don't really have Consulates then do they!?

So if, as you say, your region has no government and is nothing more than an army, why do you have a Consulate?!

Any time there is a delegate or a founder there is a government. That government is called a dictatorship though it may be a benevolent, apathetic or oppressive dictatorship. Our region, for example, is a benevolent dictatorship, currently run by Erastide, with a democratic process that, by her own benevolence, she allows to take place.

If you say so, but there is such thing as anarchy regions in this game.

Armies don't really have Consulates then do they!?

So if, as you say, your region has no government and is nothing more than an army, why do you have a Consulate?!

*Shrugs* We do. :P

Back