The North Pacific Vs IndieGirl

The office of the Ministry of Justice has decided to indict IndieGirl on two charges stemming from failures to her duty to serve the North Pacific as a member of Cabinet.

First from breaking TNP# 1, her oath of office.
Section 2
I, IndieGirl, do hereby solemnly swear that during my duly elected term as Minister of Arts & Entertainment of the North Pacific, I will uphold the ideals of Democracy, Freedom, and Justice of The Region of The North Pacific. I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. I will act only in the best interests of The North Pacific, not influenced by personal gain or any outside force, and within the restraints of my legally granted power. As such, I hereby take up the office of Minister of Arts & Entertainment of the North Pacific, with all the powers, rights, and responsibilities held therein.

Con Art 5.5 A
The following acts shall constitute grounds for civil, criminal or impeachment proceedings:
A - Failure of a Nation to observe and abide by the Constitution of The North Pacific and The North Pacific Legal Code.

5.5 D
D - Failure of a Nation to Observe Its Oath of Office or its Oath as a Regional Assembly Member.

Section 3
1 - This Oath shall be binding on all government officials as previously covered, and violations of said Oath may be ground for indictment of impeachment charges in a legal Court of The North Pacific, pursuant to the guidelines and procedures laid out in Article IV of The North Pacific Constitution, The North Pacific Legal Code, and the guidelines of The Ministry of Justice.

The AG has also decided to pursue additional charges of breaking the following section of the Constitution.
Constitution Art. 3 Section 8
Minister of Arts and Entertainment.
A - The Minister shall be responsible for moderating the Out-of-Character, Role-Playing and Games forums at the Regional off-site forums.
B - The Minister shall initiate and oversee activities and topics for the general entertainment of The North Pacific's member Nations.

However it is obvious to the court that should IG be found innoncent of the first charges than the AG cannot in conscience find her guilty of second. The Ministry of Justice also finds that should a ruling not be completed by the end of her term then such sentences would be moot and set a dangerous precedent of charging Ministers after their terms are over for non-corruption charges.

The chief prosecutor awaits the courts presence and the accused's defender.

At this time, the Court is awaiting the confirmation of its fifth grand juror. As soon as such is received, the Court will issue further instructions regarding delivery of evidence to the Grand Jury.

With all due respect to the Court, I request that this case be dealt with as quickly as possible in order to settle disputes between the parties involved.

The Court agrees, and is working as expeditiously as is prudent.

(OOC - we're on the third candidate for juror 5, after no response from candidates 1 and 2. Jurors 1-4 responded promptly and have my eternal love, but we can't proceed without juror 5.)

Once again, I am reminding the court that I will withdraw the charges at the very second IG's term is over.

EDIT - for extra clarification, terms end after the certificate of results are filed.

The grand jury has been assembled. Prosecution, you should be given access to the Jury Room presently to present your evidence.

DISPOSITION -

The North Pacific vs. IndieGirl

The motion to impeach the defendant is hereby dismissed by motion of the prosecution.

mr_sniffles:
As promised before, the Ministry of Justice now withdraws all charges on IndieGirl's impeachment as the certificate of results has officially ended her term.

Any who disagrees is invited to challenge my decision in court or my job as well.

Signed this Ninth day of May, Two Thousand Six,

Byardkuria
Chief Justice of the North Pacific

Back