TNP the melting-pot

Hersfold

TNPer
Sometimes I wonder how all this is really possible.

On this forum, we've got people from all around the world. None of us have ever met, many of us probably don't even speak the same first language, and yet we all get along as though we've known each other for years (which, in some of our cases, we have, but that's beside the point.). We're quite literally from all over the place - the US, Canada, Great Britian, Japan, Australia, the Philippines, some Scandinavian country I never did get the name of, all over. And yet we work together as though we were all next-door neighbors. Despite all the cultural differences, all the wars constantly going across the world, all the barriers that would exist in normal communication, we've brushed them all aside to make all this possible.

:clap: Yay for us.

The power of the Internet!

To be honest, I believe that is the truth, as corny as it may sound. Perhaps governments would be better advised if they merely communicated to each other via chatrooms or forums. After all, there is a simple clarity here that is unclogged by other things. Life is truly more complicated when physically interacting with someone - not always a bad thing by any means - but both good and bad. Similar to how happiness is not happiness unless sadness exists, I don't think there is the joy of friendship or the joy of a hug without the pain of rejection.

From a certain standpoint, it's not surprising that a forum like this is so successful in what Hers mentioned. A great deal of communication is non-verbal, and sometimes it's those non-verbal things that create the miscommunications and disputes.

Ah, NS is the only place where I can find intelligent conversations. Except in my class where in I can talk to nerds and talk about Da Vinci, Hitler, Illuminati, mysteries of life, politics or something like that. But afterwards my friends often tease me :( but I ignore them when they do that anyway, and to get away with the teasing, I go to the NS world, oh I love NS! *hugs her computer*

NS gets the nerdiness and geekiness deep down inside me! woohoo! :P

Don't know if anyone has read it already, but here's a link to a great little article about how the internet is forming, or is hoped to form a close knit, informed community.

The Second Superpower

It's a bit heavy on the politics, but I think the underlining emphasis is on how peeps on the net seem to be incline to put aside prejudice and judgement, in order to get along towards a common goal. Here it is an excuse to be sociable and play a bit, but you're right, there's something about this place...

?-)

Ah, NS is the only place where I can find intelligent conversations. Except in my class where in I can talk to nerds and talk about Da Vinci, Hitler, Illuminati, mysteries of life, politics or something like that. But afterwards my friends often tease me :( but I ignore them when they do that anyway, and to get away with the teasing, I go to the NS world, oh I love NS! *hugs her computer*

I'd see it more of a Multicultural Mosaic...
You know, when I think about it, it's not so much 'multicultural', as it were, but rather a unique culture in and of itself.

We're quite literally from all over the place - the US, Canada, Great Britian, Japan, Australia, the Philippines, some Scandinavian country I never did get the name of, all over.

Don't forget Russia! :ADN:

J/k American, as I have said before.

:worship: :P

Back