Forum Ads

See that little box on the top of the forum? That's for ads that can be purchased by members of the region. Prices are as follows:
  • Regular ad Line: $25 a day. Ads are subject to restrictions on the amount of characters if they are too long. Limit: 50 days.
  • Add bolded, underlinded, italics: +2$ per 5 characters per day.
  • Add Link: +$5 per link per day.
  • Color: +$1 per character plus a fee of $10 per color change (per day).
  • Image: +$15 per image per day; only the small buttons like people have in their signatures.
  • Scrolling Ad: $90 a day. Extras same as above. Limit: 30 days.
Limit means no one can purchase more than x days in advance. So a user can only buy until 50 days after the current date. There can be a waiting list if needed.

Regional News Items are short announcements by various members of the cabinet (or other government official). They cost nothing to have put up, but they must be important and be government business.

Some ads may be rejected if they are objectionable, a violation of IF TOS, or too obtrusive (too many colors, etc). Also, you cannot reserve an ad if you already have one bought, and you can not reserve more than one. Foreign regions can only have a maximum of two ads in either the waiting list and/or already bought at once. Post here or contact me to buy.
Waiting List:
Current Ads:
  • LINE 1: Ad by Insane Power for "The Lexicon" - Expires 4/8/06
  • LINE 2:Ad by Dalimbar:
    Code:
    Request a flag/avatar and help your region at the same time!! All monetary donations for flags will be used to buy forum ads for your government. Get yours <a href="http://s13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?showtopic=579">HERE</a> today!
  • LINE 3: Empty
  • SCROLLING: Ad by Tresville for the NPA.  - Expires 4/26/06
Waiting List for Regular Ads:

Waiting List for Scrolling Ads:
  • Ator People (30 day ad to start 6/25/06).

I think I've PM'd everyone whose shown interest so far. I'm going to allow 4 or 5 ads in the regular part for now. I don't want too much room being taken up.

Okay, Flemingovia has the last ad for now. I might put up for auctiona permanent line, but I'm still thinking about that.

Any other ads to come in will be put on a waiting list. Sorry for any problems this may cause. Remember, the scrolling ad is still available!

Okay, considering the amount of ads we already have, there will be no "permanent" ad. Flemingovia's ad will be the last ad before I start opening up a waiting list.

Remember, the scrolling ad is still available.

Okay, considering the amount of ads we already have, there will be no "permanent" ad. Flemingovia's ad will be the last ad before I start opening up a waiting list.

Remember, the scrolling ad is still available.
Could I be put in the waiting list to place a 50 day ad when Cathyys expires. Thank you.

I would suggest that that is only if you are advertising a different region. There are a lot of regions out there, and if we are only going to be advertising three at a time for as long as 50 days we ought to be fair to the other regions out there.

But it is Ator People's call.

I would suggest that that is only if you are advertising a different region. There are a lot of regions out there, and if we are only going to be advertising three at a time for as long as 50 days we ought to be fair to the other regions out there.

But it is Ator People's call.
I'm going to let it go, especially since IP had to have an ad on the last marqee refunded. But not more than two of the same region on the waiting list and/or current ads at a time.

And Flemingovia, don't forget to PM hersfold that confirmation for the payment for your ad so he can put it up!

I want to purchase the scrolling ad (I called it!) for the 30 days. Do I purchase the rights to change it within reason at any time or would I be paying for one message for 30 days?

As Apollo rather bluntly put it, no, this isn't actual cash. We're using what are currently being called "TNP Dollars", which you earn through posting on our forum or by offering services such as this.

:redflag: Can I lodge a protest? I can think of at least ten better ways to use that scrolling ad DD wasted almost $3,000 on...

Hey tough luck Swanson! I didn't hear anyone else offering to buy it, and all the others were taken. Fat chance i'm going to sit on some waiting list! I have the money, I am a plutocrat after all. ;)

Seriously, can you think of anyone else who can shell out $3000 dollars easily? IG, VB, and I. And I'm the only one who is consistently around. So :P

It's an add for the rich, not paupers.

The misspelling was on your end.

Oh, and I don't mind if the 3k was wasted...it all goes to me anyway! :lol:

EDIT: and I'll make sure those italics are taken off ;) :P

"add" was your fault - but I'll go fix it.

And I added the italics, so don't charge him for those.

Seriously, can you think of anyone else who can shell out $3000 dollars easily? IG, VB, and I. And I'm the only one who is consistently around.

I know! I know!

<<< :P

Hmm, so the idea was to award original and creative RMB advertisers a venue for their advertisements in hopes of enticing others into compliance?

None of the featured advertisers use the RMB to advertise.

Additionally, I thought we were interested in bringing more members to the forum, not sending them away.

One more thing, the last scrolling message was removed because of complaints from forum residents. Why would a new scrolling message a couple of days later suddenly seem like a good idea?

No your quite right, The Lexicon doesnt use the RHQ to advertise. we dont need to. I mean, we have grow 650+ nations in less than 8 weeks, making us the fastest growing region in nationstates ever, without the RHQ. dont descriminate agianst adverstisers man ;)

In the early days of The Lexicon we very quickly became aware that the regional message boards were ineffective in advertising.

So, we changed our methodology.

It is too early to say whether advertising here will be effective.

But as Fulhead said it does seem rather unfair to penalise advertisers who don't clutter up the RMB. For example, it would be relatively easy for us to post a daily 15 line ad on the RMB but I doubt people would want us to do that, just so we qualified to advertise here!

Then why are you bothering to advertise here? <_<
:eyebrow: My apologies, I thought we just had to pay for the ad, no one explained that we had to justify the reasoning for the ad.

Please feel free to send me the questionaire to fill in! Thank you.

What I want to know is where the money from the Ad's is going... Ator's swiss bank account would seem to be abuse of his position... ;)

Sirixis:
Hmm, so the idea was to award original and creative RMB advertisers a venue for their advertisements in hopes of enticing others into compliance?
I don't think the origional plan was to just award RMB advertisers. Hersfold, in his origional thread for ths scrolling ads, said it was:

Hersfold:
So here it is. Forum Advertizing. For a small fee (wow, we're actually using this economy thing!), you can put a message of your very own up on top of the forum for all to see. Very useful for advertizing certain things (I hope), but we'll see exactly how it works out.

I don't see why this system can't be used for advertising a flag service or a particular thread in this forum. It just so happens 3 of the 4 ads are for foreign regions. But that could easily change when their time they bought expires.

Sirixis:
the last scrolling message was removed because of complaints from forum residents. Why would a new scrolling message a couple of days later suddenly seem like a good idea?

I believe the last scrolling messages were removed because having four scrolling banners can very annoying. No one ever complained, IIRC, about the "Welcome to The North Pacific Forum!" one line scrolling welcome that was present before the ads came into being. When I designed the new ad box, I wanted to make sure that multiple scrolling ads would not be possible, so I compromised and made only one line for a scrolling ad.

Haor Chall:
What I want to know is where the money from the Ad's is going... Ator's swiss bank account would seem to be abuse of his position...

Well right now it's going nowhere. I'm not sure what to do with it, except keep it reserved for any MoC expenses, which is probably what it'll end up being used for.

When it was put up, Hersfold told me I was in charge of it since:
A) I wrote the code for the box.
B) I was Minister of Communications.

If anyone wants the money to go to somewhere, or be used for something, feel free to post here. I'm open to suggestions.

Back