Forum Advertizing

Hersfold

TNPer
I've just had an idea, so we'll see how it works.

You all might have noticed that scrolly thing at the top of the screen there... right now all it says is "Welcome to The North Pacific.", which, IMO, is a bit dull. So, I thought, why not give the forum a chance to decide what goes up there?

So here it is. Forum Advertizing. For a small fee (wow, we're actually using this economy thing!), you can put a message of your very own up on top of the forum for all to see. Very useful for advertizing certain things (I hope), but we'll see exactly how it works out.

Anyway, if you're interested, here's what to do.
  • Give me your message exactly as you want it to appear.
  • Let me know how fast you want it to scroll (For reference, "Welcome to TNP" is at speed "3")
  • And let me know how long you want to leave it up there.
I can include links along with your message, but unfortunately I'm not going to be able to do much with color and images, unless the images are VERY small, like the little badges you see everyone put in their sigs. Also, anything obscene or offensive will not be put up there, no matter how much you're willing to pay me.

Anyway, to the prices.
  • One week (seven days) or less: $5 per day
  • One - Two weeks (7-14 days): $4 per day
  • Above two weeks (15 or more days): $3 per day
I'll send you a PM asking to confirm the price, and once I get that back, I'll deduct the cash from your account and slap your ad up on the top of the forum.

TIPS:
  • It's actually cheaper to have your ad for eight days rather than a full week. Take advantage of the pricing scale if at all possible.
  • An ad will stand out more if it's moving at a different speed than the one directly above it.
  • An ad moving too fast will be very hard to read, but one moving too slow will annoy people.
  • Keep it short and to the point.
Any questions, post here or send me a PM.

I assume we are discussing the money under our avatars, which *cough* looks rather familliar ;)

In which case, I would like to book a years worth of advertising

$3 @ 365 days = $1095 (I won't haggle for a bulk discount)

Message (although I may wish to make alterations from time to time)

The_Lexicon, the fastest growing region in NationStates invites you to become part of a winning community! Our forums are located at http://s13.invisionfree.com/TheLexicon. Join the team, join the success and get established in the game. The_Lexicon.

Speed same as it currently is.

Hmm. If I get more offers like that, I may have to increase the cost...

Ok, IP, I'll put it up as soon as I get the confirmation receipt back from you.

I am pleased to say that the *Ator People has purchased 2 lines of advertising that will be up for two years.

One line will most likely be used for my personal announcements, while the other for Minister of Communications announcements.

Thanks to Hersfold for this great service :eyeroll: :D

I might as well publish the deal I gave Ator...

If you somehow manage a purchase over $4,000, I'll give you a 10% discount.
Over $3,000, 7.5% discount...
Over $2,000, 5% discount...
Over $1,000, 2.5% discount.

I might as well publish the deal I gave Ator...

If you somehow manage a purchase over $4,000, I'll give you a 10% discount.
Over $3,000, 7.5% discount...
Over $2,000, 5% discount...
Over $1,000, 2.5% discount.
I was going to purchase over 6000 worth, but apparently Hersfold didn't want me buying the whole banner :P

:eyebrow: I can't block the stupid banner with adblock. That thing is.... irritating. Can I purchase blank space that doesn't scroll? That seems a much more worthwhile use of whatever money I've possibly earned.

Hear hear. One line for official announcements is more than enough. Please, please, give those who have purchased ad space their money back and stop the infernal scrolling ads.

I'll chip in 10,000 for some blank lines, if that is what it takes.

I'll talk with the buyers - I don't think there will be any problems, but I'll try to get them taken down.

To be honest, I had wondered what everyone would think of this and promised myself that if I got complaints, I would stop it.

I'll talk with the buyers - I don't think there will be any problems, but I'll try to get them taken down.

To be honest, I had wondered what everyone would think of this and promised myself that if I got complaints, I would stop it.
Oh well, there goes my two years of ad space. Maybe we could have a two-celled table just below the banner and have non moving ads there. Like some other regions do. That way it would be less obtrusive and still give people ad space.

And the price ought to be higher :P

I am happy to keep a line or two for official announcements. But I would prefer they did not scroll. For me the scrolling was more of an issue than the presence of the ads.

And if it is decided to allow advertising, I would allow a couple of days only for advertising and private announcements (like birthdays). HAving a year-long advertising campaign is absurd.

what, so TNPs forum loses one of the only original features it had? what a shame, and i dont say that only because my region (incidently the fastest growing one in nationstates) oses a years advertising!

prehpas with more regulations it could return

If I can, I'll try to find a less obtrusive way of doing this - IP and Ator will be the first ones to know if this happens.

Back