I tender my resignation as Deputy MofAE

From the Mod forum, which should get me sacked if nothing else:

Alright people :hello: 

For those not in the know, which is pretty much everyone as only I could possibly know my real reasoning for my actions, I came back to the North Pacific because IRL, everything is pretty much screwed up for me and I'm desperately unhappy. Not only have I lost all RL friends that I had because of the actions of one particular malcontent (who also screwed my girlfriend behind my back when I was still seeing her), but my dad is going into hospital in three weeks to have his heart valve replaced with that of a pig (like Arnold Schwarzenegger had done). Also, I've been to-ing and fro-ing between whether or not to leave University because of the complete close-down that my RL has suffered, which has strained my relationship with my mother to the point where we can barely speak to each other without having a blazing row. I finally decided to leave only today, as ever my life has fantastic timing for things to pile up and go downhill rapidly. Combining the two problems leaves me with the serious worry that my dad might die on the operating table and the last memory he has of me is the pathetic waster that I am right now. I was depressed so I came back to TNP, as I liked posting here before I went to University. I know I'm an oddball, I've had it constantly drilled into me by my peers since I was a child; I've apologised profusely to everyone I know IRL for my own personality since I was about 8 years old, and I do the same here if I've somehow managed to interrupt your smoothly running forum. I hadn't got a clue that there were elections being held until I signed up for the s13 - I haven't had any contact with Nationstates players since I stopped posting back on s2. IG asked me to run as deputy purely out of the blue and I accepted because I'm obviously sad enough not to have anything better to do with my time than post non-stop in the OOC. Frankly, boring internet politics are the last thing I have on my mind right at the moment. I can't really understand why none of you didn't just PM me and ask me to curb my posting, I honestly wouldn't have minded.

Anyway, cheers, I hope you've all had a good laugh at the retard with no social skills' expense,
~ Virtual Boy

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to submit my resignation as Deputy MoAE, not that it's much of an official position or anything, but you can remove my Mod powers.

Obviously none of you without mod powers will be able to read the discussion which went on beforehand, and I won't post any of it because it's not my right to reproduce what anyone has said other than myself.

Wow man, I'm sorry that life has been hard for you. I hope that things get better soon for you, and though I never really got a chance to know you, I hope that when things do go better you come by here whenever you please. Remember that you are always welcome back just to hang out or whatever, whenever you want.

Hi Virtual Boy, I do hope things really improve for you in your life, and don't put yourself down. God bless and good luck for the future. Kind regards, Red Window.

I hope everything works out for ya hun and that your Dad comes through alright.

Edited cause my post vanished and some stupid smiley appeared in it's place WTF

i didnt get to know you as well as i would like but in my dealings with you you seemed like a nice caring and funny guy. I'd like to point out that if you think people dont think that much of you you must be mad. Before i even came to TNP i heard about you and how much of a laugh you are. Most people who play this game arent the happiest of people but you have really brought a little sunshine on all our lives

Good Luck and make it back soon

:hug:

see you!
Knocka

:o I am so sorry to read this!

I am quite lost for words. Virtual Boys Ooc spamming was not only legendary but one of the things that made TNP great.

Sorry VB :hug: I seriously hope life improves quickly for you. I am always around for a chat if you need.

Cheers ladies and gents, I think I probably overreacted last night and took what I saw a bit too much to heart given my RL issues, but I stand by my resignation as I think I'd be best concentrating on RL right now, rather than easing back into a spam fest here ;) I'll still be around now and then though.

I'm going to split out the post that, while it may have been intended as a joke, is inappropriate for this context.

Veebs, please check your PM's.

:hug: If I've learned anything, Veebs, it's that, no matter what, RL(tm) takes precendence. Thank you for your apology, but it's not necessary. I don't mind that you can't be deputy...because I totally understand. I'm sure I can find another. :) Best of luck with your Dad, he'll be in my prayers. :hug: You're awesome, Veebs. You really are. So no more of this "retard" talk, or I'll have to :fish: you and whoever else calls you one. And that's a promise.

Back