Fallen Angels

Fedele

TNPer
In the depths of Scarcendome city in the heart of Fedele, there walked Louis Pericoloso, a notorious capturer of criminals and professional assassin who was employed by none other than the ruling Fantoccini family. He walked along the sidewalk solemnly looking down at the ground yet still seemingly aware of everything around him. He looked up and reached into the inside pocket of his leather jacket and the eyes around immediately shifted their focus to him as if out of reflex. He pretended he didn't notice as he pulled the short cigar out of his jacket and lit it with a match before casually putting the match out and dropping it on the sidewalk in one fluid motion. Louis walked into his favorite resteraunt, Fantoccini Grande, past the hostess who stepped to the side and smiled with a smile that communicated a sort of admiration of the air of strength around him and, at the same time, a respect for the fact that danger seemed to follow him.

"Good morning, Lou"

"Hey, Laine", he said turning his head only long enough to glance at her and flash a smile that seemed genuine and yet almost boastful at the same time. He sat down at the bar and waved to the bar tender who saw him and walked over to him with a Moretti in hand.

"How are you Lou? You look great", the bartender said with a sound in his voice of genuine concern.

"I'm pretty good, Tony. Nothing much new. You see that guy over there?"

"Lou, please don't do this here, it's aweful for bussiness."

"I'm not, don't worry about it. He's not a target. I just need you to take him this note."

"Sure, no problem."

The note was a message he was supposed to give to who was supposed to be his intel man. This guy knew everything but couldn't be seen sitting next to Lou for fear of losing not only his ability to gather up valuable information but also his life.

Tony took the man a Moretti with a napkin under which was the note and sat the napkin on the table like he would for any customer and took the bottle cap off and sat the bottle on the napkin before going back to the bar.

"Thanks, Tony."

Back