Ator People: A conflict in TNP

Prime Minister Andrew is walking down the hallway in the Capital Building. He says hello to the secretary at the desk, shakes the security guard's hand, and gets into his elevator after sliding his card key. When the door opens, however, his Chief of Staff stops him and asks him to come quickly. They walk to Andrew's office where the Prime Minister sits down and bids the Chief of Staff John Jordan to take a seat as well.

"Prime Minister, there is a problem. This morning, five of our citizens were arrested upon entering a neighboring nation*. They are being held for spying, claiming Ator People is trying to incite a revolt in their nation*." said Mr. Jordan.

The Prime Minister responds, "Well where are our lawyers? Send them over right away!"

"I'm sorry sir, they have closed their borders. The detainees were found with briefcases of various documents in side them, though the nation* won't reveal the exact contents of the documents. They are being held without bail and I have a feeling the trial won't be fair."

"What will we do?"

"Well we could always tell the truth... "

OOC: nation* is used to refer to whichever nation desires to take part in this RP and play the part of that nation. So if you are willing to post every day or so in this RP, feel free to take that nation.

Louis Fantoccini sat at his desk and looked out the large window to the left of them looking out over the vinyard and the olive trees beyond.

"What were they doing?"

Anthony Fantoccini took a step toward the desk. "They were inciting a small family to try to fight against our peace."

"How?", Louis asked, obviously mildly irritated with the vague answer. "Were they handing out guns or were they saying 'This isn't right'?"

"It was more like the latter, Father, but it was more than that. They were talking with members of the Andolini family saying that the laws we have to preserve peace are too strict and..."

"After what this island has been through, nothing is too strict."

"I agree, Father. The Andolini family decided they did not want to follow our 'strict' rules. They started a small riot."

"Has it been taken care of?"

"Within minutes of its beginning, Father, yes."

"Good. And the outsiders...?"

"Detained."

"Good. Where are they from?"

"Ator People"

"A bunch of arrogant bastards, from what I hear" Louis said as he turned to his wine collection and pulled a bottle red wine made in the vineyard just outside 10 years ago and poured it into delicate crystal wine glasses. "Our nation has become rich with an economy growing at a remarkable rate for our age. Peace has spread across the island with only small families along parts of the coastline ever causing trouble. We are respected in the international community as being almost ideal. All of this within a simple 102 years of our family's rule. That is why we can not permit this. When is their trial?"

"Tomorrow."

"Do we have ample evidence?"

"We have more than enough."

"Good. Keep an eye on Antolini."

Senator Kathleen Ann puts her seat belt on as the pilot announces the small luxary jet will be landing soon. Marcus A. Jones, a lawyer trained in international law and diplomacy, sits down next to her.

Senator: "So do we have a case?"

Mr. Jones: "Of course. They have nothing against us. They were simply excercising freedom of speech. We'll have them home in no time. No need to make an international conflict out of this."

Senator: "Well, don't be so confident. Fedele is not to thrilled about our recent increase on trade tarrifs. This could be more political than legal."

Mr. Jones: "You think too much about politics! This will be an easy case; to be honest I'm surprised you had to call me in to help. We'll just talk to them when we arrive and explain the situation. We will offer to pay for any damages the 'detainees' may have caused and promise that they will stand a fair trial back in Ator People."

Senator: "It's not always that easy. Sometimes --"

Voice on speaker: "This is your pilot speaking. We have just been denied clearance to land at Fedele International Airport. I do not know why, but we have to turn around. They have threatened to scatter fighter jets if we do not leave their airspace."

Senator: "What was this about me thinking too much about politics?? Flight attendent! Yes, could you get me a satellite phone. I need to speak with a couple people."

"Father Fantoccini, an aircraft has been denied entrance into our airspace."

"Where was it coming from?"

"Ator People."

"I figured you would say that. The trial is to happen tonight in 6 hours. Get the evidence ready."

"Yes, Father"

Prime Minister Andrew is checking his email when he suddenly gets a phone call.

Andrew: "Hello?"

Secretary: "Senator Kathleen Ann is on satellite phone; she says its important."

Andrew: "Connect me."

Senator: "Prime Minister, our plane was denied landing clearance at Fedele International Airport."

Andrew: "What was it, weather, traffic...?"

Senator: "No, worse. They don't want us there. We were told if we did not leave the airspace they would scatter fighter jets. Sir, this is getting serious. We're not dealing with a nation willing to negotiate."

Andrew: "Yes, I understand senator. We will be at that trial, though."

Senator: "How, if I may ask, do you intend to do that?"

-----Dial tone-----

Andrew calls in John Jordan, Chief of Staff.

Mr. Jordan: "Yes, sir?"

Andrew: "Get me my private jet and alert the fighter jets. We're going to Fedele and we're going to be at that trial."

The Consiglieri, Anthony Fantoccini, walked into the meeting room and sat down in the red, leather chair that he always chose when available. The double-doors on the left side of the room opened up as the two foreigners and eight thugs from Andolini's family were brought in.

"On your knees", Anthony said as one of the guards nudged them with their shotguns to get on their knees.

"Bruce, what are these men accused of and what evidence do you have that these people have acted against the peace of Fedele?"

"These two foreigners spoke against our laws and provoked these men and others who were killed by law enforcement to start a riot resulting in the death of 4 people and an estimated 150,000 silver pieces worth of damage. They were witnessed doing this by numerous civilians including myself."

"I know this all to be a fact and, as a result, all parties are declared guilty of disrupting the peace of Fedele. The two men are to be released after having their tongues cut out to remind others that it is better to live in peace without your speech than it is to abuse your speech and live in turmoil. The thugs responsible for the death of the four people are to be executed. Thank you."

At this, one of the foreigners began to cry with the other one yelling and insulting Anthony. As Anthony got up from his chair, one of the Andolini men attempted to attack him (despite his hands being tied behind his back) and, as a result, became well acquainted with Anthony's revolver. The other men tried to attack the guards who gunned them down with little effort leaving only the two foreigners on the ground trying to crawl away from the ensuing madness.

"Take them out back and clean up this mess", Anthony said with no emotion in his voice as he walked to Louis' office. "These people disgust me."

Suddenly the door burst open in the meeting room. Two men in suits stepped aside revealing a man in a blue suit; the Prime Minister.

Andrew: "Excuse me sir, I believe you have two of my citizens ummm, laying on the floor. Untie them men."

Six men in suits and dark glasses walk out from behind Andrew. They make their way towards the two Atorians on the floor, but were stopped by Fantoccini's guards.

Andrew: "Honorable Consiglieri, I beg of you, do not make this more than it is. Ten of my elite fighter jets have now landed at a small airstrip out of town. Troops have secured the strip. There is no need for anyone to be hurt. Now please order your men to move aside."

The six men in suits are soon joined by fifteen men in formal military uniforms.

The sounds of gunfire rang out in the air outside the building as fighting erupted outside.

"Prime Minister, you must realise that you are, in fact, on the island of Fedele. If you kill me there will be no hope for you. The entire fantoccini family militia is coming in here and, if my judgement is anywhere near correct, your aircraft are about to be destroyed as we speak. So, please, have a seat. Can I get you anything? Wine, perhaps? It was made here."

As the consiglieri was pouring a glass of wine for his guest, about 50 men with machine guns burst through the door and began to encircle Andrew and his men.

"Hey, guys, we're talking. Would ya mind waitin outside?"

With that the troops looked at each other with confused looks on their faces and walked out the door.

"Close the door behind you. Thanks."

Andrew: "No thanks, I'll just take some water. You can take my aircraft here, but there are many more to come. Your island's 'militia' is no match for Ator People's military. Not to mention, I have contacted my allies and they are sending heavy military aircraft here right now. However, we need not get into violence."

Andrew takes a glass of water from the consiglieri. The man in the suit next to Andrew places a small slip of paper in to the water. The paper turns red.

Andrew: " <.< Now, now, now there no need to attempt to poison me. We are all friends here. Here is my proposal. You give me back my two men. You let us go back to our jet in peace. We fly home and I send you a thank you card. I would offer to pay for damages they caused, but now that my fighter jets have a couple scratches, I think we're even."

The same man who tested the water leans to Andrew and whispers something.

Andrew: "Ahh, I have to go now. Pressing matters, I'm sure you understand. So, can I have my citizens back?"

Andrew: "But they are my citizens. We will punish them ourselves. Are you insinuating our government had anything to do with this?"

"No, no, not at all. I am insinuating that these men broke our laws in our country and are to be punished according to our legal code. However, allowing us to punish them before handing them back over to you or a payment to the equivelent of 950,000 silver pieces would be sufficient to make this all go away. I don't want war in our land again. I'm a reasonable person."

"As soon as the sum reaches us you will be free to go and your aircraft will be returned to you unharmed. Please understand that in this act, your men have caused a riot that resulted in our total number of murders this year while we are still in the month of April to be 400% of what it was throughout all of last year. That is why this was such an issue. The money will be given to the families of those who lost their loved ones."

Andrew returns to Ator People on his jet with the citiznes, who to say the least are a little shaken up.

OOC: I think this RP is over, unless you want to add anything. & Thanks Fedele, it was fun!

Back