The Delivery

"They'll be locked up in the bedroom, follow me."

Fedele led Fulhead to the bedroom and motioned for him to drill up the door to be sure nobody was waiting behind it.

"Vigneto is mine."

He pulled the trigger and watched as the old wooded door splintered. only as he fired he heard the word "Vignetto". S***, not the guy he owes cash to! what a day..

The door fell through and fulhead pushed himself into the wall, allowing fedele past and also letting him see into the room..

Takes of her boot and slams the heel into the glass of the window, which smashes. 'Sucess'.

Wriggles out, feeling her clothes rip on the broken glass, wincing as it cuts her. great one.
falling out of hole she made onto the road, pausing for a second to check she has her cell, Alexa gets to the ground and runs, slightly slower than normal as she only has one boot, and also, if she's honest, because she's still hoping for Fulhead to come back..

Fedele pushed past Fulhead and shot both of the don's body guards and walked up to Vigneto making sure he knew it was him.

"Fedele, what the hell's the matter with you? I gave you everything I had!"

"That's not enough", Fedele said as he shot the don in the head and painting the wall behind him.

"Stupid bastard", Fedele said as he fired another round into his head and walked to get the briefcase.

"Let's go, Jack" he said as he walked out of the room.

Fulhead took one last look at the carnage. "and they say i'm crazy.."

They raced out of the house, well aware the police would be racing to the scene.
"fedele, the car!"
"no its too hot!"
"but Lexa..."
"screw her!"
"crap..."
Fulhead started to run down the pavement, taking one last look back at the car. It was empty! "shit she's gone!"

Fedele walked out the door and saw the girl run down the street. "I see her!", he said as he fired two shots and heard his gun give a hollow click. "Dammit!"

Fedele went back around into the house and took the keys to the car in the garage from one of Vigneto's unsuccessful body guards and pulled out of the garage in the Mercedez with Fulhead outside waiting.

"crap man..did you hit her?"
Fulhead jumped into the back seat as they pulled away and propped the carbine against his legs, ready to open the blackened windows or doors and shoot.

Fedele pushed the pedal as hard as he could sending the car rocketing out of the neighborhood at a little over 105 miles per hour.

"I hear these diamonds are quite popular in Mexico."

Screams as a bullet hit hers in the thigh, and falls to the ground, trying to find her cell and call for the safehouse.
Looks up and see's the car, and tries to pull herself to her feet. to escape, but falls again. why didnt she bring her gun?

Find the phone and dials the number with shaking hands, but no one answers. Alexa knows she's been seen, and is stuck.
'well done lexy' she moans, trying to stop the bleeding

"whatever man, your driving." he said as he looked back to try and catch a glimpse of Alexa. No luck. he was suprised at the feelings this evoked..
"just as long as I get my cut Fedele, remember that."

"Yea, don't worry bout it, man."

Fedele turned left out of the neighborhood and sped off south just wanting to get out of Houston for know. As soon as he turned off the freeway he started to calm down and turned the radio on to hear the impeccably timed "Dirty Deeds" by AC/DC.

"Ah, hell...", Fedele said as he turned it back off.

"Hey it could have been worse. we could have heard 'Bad Boys'"

Fulhead sat back, strangely at ease.
"so where are we going hotshot?"

ring . . . . ring . . . . . ring . . . . . .

beep beep bloop

"Jacobs. Yeah, you get the call - Fletcher's tied up for a bit. Get down to the house on Eighth pronto - one of my little lambs is headed your way. What do you mean you're already there? Oh, yeah, I hate when that happens. Body to worry about? Good. So she isn't there? This is a bad thing. Okay. In the red address book on the desk downstairs, look up "Cappellini" - call that number. Her name's Alexa - ask her where she is, and get her fast, then get her back to the house. I'll meet you there. Oh, and go heavy when you go - bad feeling here. I gotta do something I really don't want to - talk to you in a few."

beep boop bop

"I need to get in contact with Fedele Fantoccini, directly. Get me a number or something."

"I have some friends in Chile" Fedele said as he sped down the road at 115 miles per hour watching the latest pair of cop cars fall back into the distance. "I figured we could hop on over to Mexico for a bit to sell the diamonds. Even the upper class stores will buy them there. The cops there aren't as slick as they are here. Then, I planned on taking us down to Chile to start a little bussiness. You up for it?"

"You don't"

Fedele was silent for about ten seconds before he asked a seemingly random question.

"Vigneto liked Sinatra. Does he have any CDs in the glove box?"

"hmm..lets see"
Fulhead reached over the seat and opened the glovebox. inside was a wad of $50's and a obviously expensive wooden box
"whats this, the Dons anniversary present?" he opened the box.
"oh my god.." he said.
"this could be the start of a great friendship.."

(OCC: jeeze, I can barely keep up here.)

Carmen studied Markus, undisturbed by the gun in his hand. He looked so damn serious, why couldn't he just enjoy the chase and the hunt a bit more?

"Well, its all pretty obvious, don't you think? I want something, you want something, we all want something. A little give and take certainly doesn't hurt, does it?"

She put a piece of gum in her mouth and made a face. Quitting smoking was a royal pain.

"You help me and I help you and together we'll both get what we want. Maybe not everything, but enough to satisfy all parties."

She turned the key to start up the van. "Do we have at least a truce or are you going to shoot me?"

"Alexa -it's nice to finally meet you. No, we can talk later - I know all I need to for now. Right now, just relax and let me take care of that leg. I was a bit of an amateur mob doc before I got my button way back when - I've pulled out more bullets than you've had hot meals, my dear. Jacobs, put her in the back room and cut that pant leg off, then get me plenty of alcohol and the black bag under the sink. And towels. Lots of towels. Not the good ones, either."

ring ring ring

"Go. Cell number? Perfection itself. Remind me to cancel the hit I put out on you. Yes, it's a joke. Go ahead."

"All right. have a good night, and try to relax - you're too high-strung."

beep boop beep

"Hi, do I have the pleasure of speaking to Fedele?"

Where was she?
Opening her eyes, alexa doesnt recognise her surroundings. Her leg doesnt hurt, but she really doesnt want to look and see whats been done..
Vaguely remembers one of the boss's aides coming to find her, so she pressumes she's safe.
Suddenty Alexa hears the voice of the boss downstairs. She suspects he isnt happy. Hopefully, some of the information she got last night would help.
Breifly, Fulhead flitted across her mind, but she tried to block the image out. Look where it had gotten her..
She still hoped he was ok though

"a watch..i'd hardly describe it as just a watch.." Fulhead mumbled to Fedele. Just then he heard a phone ring. He checked his pockets. no, not him..but what was this? a slip of paper? On it was a number and the words "call me, A x"
"My God.."

Fedele pulled his phone out of his pocket and flipped it open in one motion with one hand on the steering wheel. "Yea, this is Fedele but I'm kinda busy so you'll have to call back later", he said as he hung up.

"Man, some people just call at the worst times. Anyway, Jack, pick your poison. There's all kinds of stuff to do in Chile. I thought I might open up a vineyard for a nice legit bussiness and maybe fiddle around with 'waste management' for the gangs in the area.

"Asshole."

beep boop bip

"Goddamn voice mail."

"Fantoccini. I won't pretend you know my voice, since I don't think we've ever spoken. First, good luck if you think you're gonna make it out of the county in that car. Second, I never thought you were a small-picture street hood, but I must have been mistaken. You have something of mine, and I need it back. You know I can make it worth your while. Remember the pool hall in Deep Ellum, three years ago? A lot of folks were really surprised you survived, especially without someone having to wipe your ass for you the rest of your life. I got names for you, Fedele.

I know who pulled the trigger.

I know who wrote the check.

And, and I'm betting this is what will interest you the most, I know who cashed it.

Call me back, and we'll meet up. Just make sure you know where the case is. "

Kids nowadays, got no manners.

"Alexa! Let's have a look at that leg, shall we?"

Alexa blinks
'am i going to be ok?'
when she gets no answer, she lowers her eyes
'look, i'm sorry about yesterday.'
silence
'he's got someone with him. Jack. Jack Fulhead..'
'I'm sorry..'

Fedele looked down at his phone as it gave one of those annoying little chimes that only seem to remind you that you have a voicemail when you don't feel like checking it.

"Ah, hell..."

You have one voice mail message

"No shit."

Please enter your ten digit password

"Damned thing..."

Please say your name

"Fedele"

Voice authorized. Press one to hear your voice mail messages. Press...

"I hate this thing."

This voice mail recieved two hours ago today. Press one to listen to this...

"I already said I wanted to listen to it, dammit!"

"Fantoccini. I won't pretend you know my voice, since I don't think we've ever spoken. First, good luck if you think you're gonna make it out of the county in that car. Second, I never thought you were a small-picture street hood, but I must have been mistaken. You have something of mine, and I need it back. You know I can make it worth your while. Remember the pool hall in Deep Ellum, three years ago? A lot of folks were really surprised you survived, especially without someone having to wipe your ass for you the rest of your life. I got names for you, Fedele.

I know who pulled the trigger.

I know who wrote the check.

And, and I'm betting this is what will interest you the most, I know who cashed it.

Call me back, and we'll meet up. Just make sure you know where the case is. "

"Ah, shit!", Fedele yelled as he whipped the car in a U-turn so fast he was afraid Jack would fly out the window. "Jack, I gotta do something real quick."

"Look, Lex. We gotta get somethings straight here."

"First, you're gonna be fine. DNVs are intact and appropriate, you didn't lose that much blood, no matter what my bedspread looks like, and it looks like it must have been an FMJ round, since it passed through without too much disruption. Compared to what it could have been, anyway. Doesn't look like it needs debrided, so we'll just get you some antibiotics and happy pills for the pain, and have you stay here for a couple days to keep an eye on you. Anyone who might wonder where you are, let them know an old freind came in from out of town, and you're gonna bum around with them for a few days."

"Second, you probably already figured out you aren't gonna be going back to waiting tables any time soon. Kinda the down side of our profession - we don't trust anyone to forget what they saw. Just know we handle these situations two ways, and you're getting the better of the deals, believe me. We can talk specifics later, but I didn't want you thinking you needed to bust out or anyting stupid like that."

"Third - I can see you and this Fulhead guy have got something. I pray for your sake it just popped up now, or is Stockholm Syndrome or something, because if this goes bad, it goes bad for all of us, and if I find out you were working together before, they aren't even going to find pieces of you. But I need what Fantocini and Fulhead have got - see what you can do about getting them back here. I left Fanto a, shall we say, enticing voice mail, but no man alive is gonna ignore that little pouty voice you've got."

"Finally, in case all my reassuring failed, and you think you need to try something heroic, your nursemaid over there has two fully loaded and silenced USPs. And they pick up trash tomorrow. But I know you're a smarter girl than that, and I think you know what I can do for you, so I don't think it'll be a problem. Now, I gotta go make some calls. You get better, you hear?"

Alexa listens, a bit shell shocked, but nods. She understands. Looking at the guys on the door, she knows she isn't getting out of here until The Boss tells her how she's going to be useful. Being useful is better than being dead, she supposes.

'I understand. I'm a clever girl, i'm not going anywhere.' Looks at her leg
'Doubt i could anyway...but..thank you. i know i got into trouble, so thank you.'
Knowing she's got to prove her usefulness, Lex looks up at the Boss
'I gave the guy my number. he might get in touch...yeah, i know, i know, i'll let you know.'
'i'd never met him in my life, i swear. I'll do my best for you though..'
Maintains eye contact under his peircing gaze, until he is satisfied, and lies back to get some well needed rest.

Fedele drove down the road and passed up the confused police who had been chasing him in the opposite direction just minutes ago.

Ring ring ring

It was the cell phone again.

"Hell, no!", he yelled as he hurled it out the window, watching it hit the concrete in a burst of hundreds of pieces like a clump of sand thrown at a wall. Fedele turned and looked at Fulhead to see the raction on his face but told himself he didn't care what Jack thought.

"A few guys tried to lay me down for a nap a while back. I'm going to return the favor. We have to swing by my apartment right quick."

"fine. be quick. leave the case here."

hell, what could he say after his behaviour earlier...Alexa..shit.. well he had some time now...
he got the phone and dialed

Lexa wakes up to hear her phone ring, and nervously picks up

'hello..?'
'O crap..good. you're alive then I take it?' Fulhead! Lex couldn't help but smile..but she wasn't letting him off ligthly
'You sure know how to sweep a girl of her feet...or blow her legs off anyway' Lexa retorted
She hears his sharp intake of breath, and smile. He was worried about her
"Yeah sorry about that. my friend here is crazy. where are you?"
''i'm not to sure where i am, i wasnt quite conscious when they brought me here' Lexa looks around, knowing the boss will have left the adress, waiting for Jack to call
'Number 18, on Eight..near where we were yesterday'

Fulhead say's nothing, and Lexa waits patiently, waiting to see what he'll do.
'Jack?'

(ooc, ful, wanna do the rest of this?)

"shit...you know who your saviour is?"
"well hes a friend of my boss.."
"Diner managers dont usually have friends like this.." Fulhead was suddenly concerned.
"What the hell do you know! At least this guy had the decency to help! If not I'd be dead, and trust me my boss would not be pleased!"
"Dead? you were hit?"
"Yeah in the f****** leg!" What a nerve this guy had!
"Crap..sorry Alexa...But seriously you have to get out of their."
"The guy who owns the house is called Mike the mauler, in some circles, he's a mob guy, not a nice man." Shit what was she thinking!
"Trust me he wont touch me."
"look, you boss doesnt have that much clout if this guy wants me and Fedele. Let me pick you up."
"No!"
"come on i'm not asking for a date.."
"No! look my boss...isnt who you think" What was she doing, this could cause her her life! "And this guy wants me to lead you to him.."

"Crap..Stay there, dont say anything!"
"Fulhead!" she was answered by the dialing tone

"Pull over fedele"

"man i have to go, we'll meet up later when we've both sorted out our shit, if we're going away we'll need to pack." Fulhead mumbled as he grabbed his guns
"fine man, give me a way to contact you...and if this has got something to do with that waitress call me. that plane only has so many seats".
Fulhead just smiled as he wrote his cell number on the back of the napkin with Alexas number on.
"speak soon, dont get killed while i save your ass." he jumped out, leaving a perplexed fedele behind.

Fulhead ran down the alley. He needed a car. and fast

Fedele drove into the parking lot at his apartment and reached underneath the coffee table for his Glock 18. He called him up on the phone.

"Where do you want to do this?"

"You one of those windo cleaners or something?" said the guy whos car Fulhead had flagged down.
"No but you'll need one if you dont get out of this car right now" Fulhead replied. he was running out of time.
"You what, dickhead?"
"Dont mess with me kid!" Fulhead pointed his revolver at guy. "out."

"shit man take it easy.." he said as he jumped out the car.
"thanks"

He had to get to Alexa. Fast

"We can meet up at Number 18, on Eighth. Just make sure you have the case, and come prepared to talk business. Oh, and let your associate know his new sweetheart will be in attendance. Won't be jogging any time soon, but otherwise unharmed and safe. Bye now!"

Back