PRP/Nasi Discussion

Kumiko

TNPer
Unless you've been living in a cave, or don't especially care about inter-regional politic, today, the PRP has essentially declared war on Nasicournia, which would bring to a head a long-standing feud between the two regions. There are many supporters to both sides here in TNP, and as Internal Affairs Minister, I believe it important that we head off any kind of division within the ranks here. It is my personal opinion, despite being biased toward Nasicournia due to a rather vile persecution and falling out with the Pacific, that in our official capacities here we need to keep our noses out of it unless we're dragged into it.

I would hope that my colleagues and the registered voters would agree with me. We just became stable and do not need an external conflict threatening this.

This thread is specifically for RV's and above to express their opinions. Don't be shy, throw in your two cents.

Sounds fine by me. Just as long as the war doesn't escalate to include several other regions, I don't see any problem.

I'd just like to point out that the Cabinet is still discussing this situation and as of this post has not reached a decision on our stance.

I realise that :D

Just wanted to make sure that our citizens were aware that the Cabinet was in session about this.

Having received the final required signature, Nasicournia will be releasing our response statement shortly. It's not our wish to drag any other regions into it (quite the opposite), but we would like to set the record straight on a few things.

Having received the final required signature, Nasicournia will be releasing ourtheir response statement shortly.  It's not ourtheir wish to drag any other regions into it (quite the opposite), but wethey would like to set the record straight on a few things.
*cough*

Fixed that for you, Pope.

As long as you're in the Regional Assembly, yes.

Don't make me make you wait six months for a trial! *shakes fist*

Really. I thought I was doing it as a courtesy previously. I didn't realize it's now a requirement. Apologies, kind sir.

Edit: courtesy/formality to avoid/lessen people saying OMG ADN Ninja conspiracy!!!111

It's just that if you're using Duality to apply, you should really keep your nations seperate ;) you're either Pope Hope of Nasi or Pope Hope of TNP :p

I could get used to being called Sir, I wonder if I can propose some legislature to make it compulsary!

Well, my duality is different than the duality others claim...I RP the same leader, just different territories. Therefore I never considered it being a requirement to change hats. Oh, I mean, change hats, sir. :p

/end hijack

Personally I also think it important that those... personally involved on either side of the fence (Regardless of whether they claim duality or not) do not use TNP as a soapbox or an arena for this conflict.

Agreed.

I shall also take a dim view to foreign nationals coming on our board to sound off or argue about this matter.

I shall also take a dim view to foreign nationals coming on our board to sound off or argue about this matter.

I would hope that the admins would also agree with that. Flem/Hers?

(My personal views on the matter... this has not been discussed with anyone as of yet, nor is this intended to be a ruling)

Well, we can't really lock a topic just because it's about another region's conflicts... that IS partially what the "NationStates Discussions" forum is for... but if somebody is taking issues too far, i.e., doing more than just reporting the story and giving mild commentary, and someone complains, then yes, it'll get locked. This is what was done with Biyah's topic on the TWP trials. People got angry about being asked to stick our noses in, and complained, and it was locked within minutes of the complaint.

Should this become an issue, I will lead a mod discussion to consider making a forum policy on such topics.

Nothing could satisfy me more. Thank you, Hersfold. It is good to know that the opinion I hold is shared.

*Nasi hat*

Nasi will be posting a response in her embassy here, 'tis all.

*TNP hat*

I agree with the consensus, especially given all this region has been through. Time to let other people suffer on their own boards for awhile. :p

I would hope that "not getting involved" includes not putting the diplomatic or military weight of our region behind either side in this conflict. Near as I can see Nasicournia and the PRP have been banging heads for ever, and both sides have, by words and actions, provoked the other.

If we are not going to get involved, then making statements of support are meaningless. Far better, and more in keeping with our more isolationist policy, to maintain a dignified silence on this.

It depend what you mean.

You can still speak out about a subject without involving yourself in the conflict.

It depend what you mean.

You can still speak out about a subject without involving yourself in the conflict.

The main thing we should concern ourselves with here is The North Pacific's regional interest, young man (;)), and I don't know if that lies with us being merely a non-belligerent in any conflict that arises.

Well, young hobbit, I think we should just sit back and see where this goes. It should be mildly amusing, at least. Also, I don't see any actual point in choosing sides...

How dare you say that, when it is obvious that we all agree! I demand an apology. :lol: You should know that TNP is able to keep an argument going on for three pages of thread beyond when it is resolved.

While I haev an opinion on this, we as TNP cant be involved. We have relations with both sides, we should have no opinion. though IMO we should take a dim view on any other region s getting involved.

I, acting in no capacity that is in any way related to the government of The North Pacific is pro-PRP, and anti-Nasicournia in this matter.

Anyone attempting to construe this in any other way deserves a smack with a big plank.

Thank you.

*Chuckles*

PH, when do you expect, if it hasn't come out already, to have Nasi's comments to come out? If it has, please, could you throw the link at my head? Mayhaps I'm blind or something. *Fixes his glasses*

Back