FM of DEN retires

Blue Wolf II

A Wolf Most Blue
-
TNP Nation
Blue_Wolf_II
With all this RLA/TRF stuff flying around I thought I might just show you the resignation letter of the retiring FM (leader) of DEN (the raider group RLA nearly destroyed), it holds great relevance I think

Dear troopers, collegues, friends,

I am honored to call myself one of the DEN's Field Marshalls, I am honored to have flewn the DEN FM flag, I am honored to have served with you all. But my time to go has come. I've lost the thrills and fun, I don't see the point of going on anymore.

When I became the DEN FM, I was a crisis FM. It was my job to save DEN from dying. Very much people, even me almost, had given up hope. But there was something that kept me from falling. Let me tell the whole story:

My first nation was United Vicland, located in Equilism, an ADN region as much of you know. I always had lots of respect for Equilism, still have and always will have. But after a while, when I learned everything about defending, I wanted to learn how to raid. I joined DEN, with the intention to understand my ennemy and later to return to my home, Equilism. When I returned I got charged for high treason and espionage. An intel officer verified my IP adress and said I posted classified info on the DEN boards. Later I was to find out this officer was Gripps, aka TRF. So I got kicked, dishonored.

I didn't want to become a raider back then actually. And joined a region, which I pointed as dangerous when I was back in DEN cause their goal was to destroy DEN, called the Dark Alliances. I made a forum for the region, was their military leader, had some good fun but the founder got mad and I went off. I've asked ADN for help to train my recruits in the region, they shouted at me 'Traitor!'. Got betrayed a second time so I went off to DEN.

I've been through the deletion of Franks, I was there when TRF was put in charge and when he some time later destroyed our region and forum. After a while I would become head of training, some bit later I was FM!
I'm gonna be completely honest now. There were plans of overthrowing Weesh, cause there were rumours he was a spy. I never really got convinced of it, but we must all admit, you to weesh, that you were to inactive to keep the FM position. Plans were to put TGL in charge, no offence TGL, but I didn't had the idea you would do a better job then me, you never even planned a raid mate!
So I wrote in a PM to Weesh he had the choice, to leave in honor, and put me in charge, of IF he was a spy, to delete the forum, which I had totally copied. It was pretty dirty actually, I gave Weesh no choice, but things had to be done back then, and I still don't regret my choice.
A day later I was in charge, many people supported me, but things needed to be done. I revised the whole system of this FM, under him 2 or 3 people for ops, one for training, one for intel. It just didn't work.

Much pointed out that it all sounded a bit Grippy, that I was powerhungry, and so on. The powerhungry part, well, I don't know if it really had something to do with it, maybe a little bit yeah. But I felt that it was up to me to do things, I did what I thought was best for DEN at the time, cause with Blaze leaving I was the second one in charge and therefor responsible. I never wanted to betray anyone, I wanted to help everyone. And it's up to you, but I think I've done a pretty good job. I don't wonna be remember as a great FM, nor as a stupid FM, just as BF, the Belgain 16 year old FM of DEN.

What made me go on was the fact that DEN was dying after Gripps tried to destroy us. Since then everything went down. I just couldn't stand giving this damn motherf***er the chance to say, see, I destroyed DEN! Hurray! Bloody bastard! So I spent hours behind my computer, laying contacts with other orgs, planning missions. My school work suffered under it, my mom got pissed very much times. Now it feels like a 'must' to organise mission, to check PM's, etc.

I also want to say that we must face that NS is dying. That the raider/defender part of NS is dying is due to this damn defenders, I especially want to lay the stress on the RLA. All of the spies just don't make it fun anymore. I'm F***ING sick of it. Exams are coming up, so I don't have much time anymore. And planning things and then the next day you find out some damn spies ruined it all, it just isn't fun at all.

Now I have one problem left. Who's gonna be the next FM? Technically, it should be you Weesh, but you've done it before and actually proofed you weren't that good. So my choice actually goes to Weesnaw. But I can't decide myself, so that's why this poll is attacked to the message. You have 2 days to decide my friends.
To me my troops and officers ment a lot. One advice, try to do as much as possible yourselve, especially ops. Always have a healthy dose of mistrust against anyone. And last but not least, be strong, think before you act, but act, don't just talk. And celebrate your 3th anniversairy like you've never done before!

Finally I would like to say that I never spied on anyone. I never had the intention to fuck around with people. I was a true defender in my first days, I am a true raider now. I respect people as Westwind, Debugistan, Franks, Gideon, Mal, IO, and many many more.

So this is the point I say goodbye, this is the point where the great story ends. For the 3th time in my NS live I'm gonna write this song, that I always write when I leave a region behind:

From the East Coast, to the West Coast,
Gotta, gotta, gotta go!
United we stand, devided we fall,
Gotta, gotta, gotta go!
In our harts and in our souls,
Gotta, gotta, gotta go...

Signed,
ex-Equilism trooper United Vicland
ex-minister of war Hard Rockers
DEN Field Marshall Belgium Fighters

comments?

Edit!:censored :wacko:

I don't think it is a new revelation that senior "defenders" treat this game far more seriously that "raiders"!! I remember one defender lamenting that due to real life events a few regions went undefended one night!! When I replied that it didn't really matter and that it is just a game, they responded by saying it was a big deal and that they had let these regions down!!

Some in this game need to reassess their priorities in life and I commend BF on his decision to put RL ahead of this game!! If only more people would follow suit!!

Anyone that intentionally trades RL happiness for NS success needs to go play out in the rain more. :) (But not in the winter. That just sucks.)

I never really agreed with BF on much of anything but he was a good FM and did a lot for DEN. He is to be commended.

[Admin hat on] Please edit the quote to censor all profanities. There's enough there, several highlighted, to merit action. Failure to comply may result in a warning. I don't want to do that since it's not really your words, but it is offisnive, and illegal under TOS. [/admin hat off]

RL before NS, always... sad to see another go in one respect, but the you gotta respect him for leaving... (admittedly, I didn't actually know the guy... at all... but even so...)

I got onto him about his swearing one time and I was told by someone else that in Belgium that kind of language is perfectly acceptable. I find it odd...

BF may be a little rough around the edges but he was a good FM.

I got onto him about his swearing one time and I was told by someone else that in Belgium that kind of language is perfectly acceptable. I find it odd...
I don't care if the usual greeting in Belguim consists of words that would make anyone else have a heart attack - the point is, they would still have a heart attack, which makes it illegal.

Thank you, BW - moderation case closed.

*salutes BF*

By all accounts, he did DEN proud. It's always a shame to see a soldier go, no matter which side he was on.

Back