Taking a Stance

Fedele

TNPer
Now, in light of what I have seen, I think NPIA should take a personal stance on the matter of forum crashing. Given my dual roles I don't think I should be one to write up a rough draft (or any draft, for that matter) but I do think that we should have a piece of legislature proposed in which the NPIA's ability to crash a forum is either taken away or limited.

People were probably sure UPS Rail had no bad intentions when they endorsed him.

Edit:
I did NOT mean for that to discredit our NPIA in any way or anyone in it or toi suggest that they have less than pure intentions.

No, I understand you completely. :)

Sorry if I seemed short, but I don't really deal with the NPIA and just wanted to get my two cents in.

I see it as being similar to the government's dealing with the delegate.

We trust that the delegate will not go nuts and start banning everyone but we still put laws in place to make sure.

sure...add it to the law.

FOrum crashing is purely wrong. TWP is considering breaking their alliance with the RLA, but I doubt it will happen. Others have condemned the RLA and I think the region, although neutral on the RLA, shoudl broadly forbid forum crashing.

I believe it's already possible to take action against the NPIA if we do something deemed "naughty" by the region. In fact, my understanding is that if the NPIA does something bad, it's my head. What would this legislation achieve, exactly? The NPIA lacks a lot of scrutiny, but we can still be held accountable. My NPIA membership does not make me above the law. I'm sure that if we were to do something like destroy a forum, you wouldn't need this legislation to punish us.

Second, it is unlikely that the NPIA will ever get in such a position as to be able to crash a forum, at least with how we are structured at present. Also, the NPIA would not crash a forum. It simply won't happen, whether you pass legislation or not.

As the Director of the NPIA, I can assure you that I will not allow such actions to be carried out by any NPIA members. I can also say with confidence that no member of the NPIA would do such a thing. If one does, it will be of their own initiative, independent of the NPIA. If it were to happen, the NPIA would probably find out when everyone else does, and we would immediately get rid of whoever did it, and I trust that the justice system of TNP would make prosecute such behavior.

That said, wouldn't it be possible for the RA to release a statement condemning and denouncing forum crashing? Wouldn't that effectively achieve the same thing?

*Heft goes back to pretending to write about Samuel Johnson

Although I would have nothing against a code of conduct for the NPIA, I haven't really got anything for it either. It fits into the same catergory in my opinion as laws against Delegates banning people without cause. If someones going to do it, I don't think the fact we've sat here and said they shouldn't is going to make much difference.

If there is a current clause in the constitution that allows action to be taken against individual RV's for acts the region consider to be morally wrong or bad form, I see no reason why we need more legislation to cover the same ground.

This seems a knee-jerk reaction to me. If the law already covers morally questionable actions as Namyeknom says, then I think this disgusting incident has set the precedent for this to be considered morally outrageous. I don't think there's much point in adding more laws where the issues already covered.

Personally I would like to see TNP rescind the Lion-Star Pact as a result of the RLA's actions, rather than add something to the legal code to cover this sort of thing.

Article III Section 2 Clause 2:
C - There is to be a North Pacific Intelligence Agency whose duties are to collect and analyze confidential intelligence information for the benefit of the Regional Government and the region as a whole. The Prime Minister shall appoint the leadership of the North Pacific Intelligence Agency after consultation with the personnel of that agency. Any matter concerning the Agency's activities and personnel, except in the case of a criminal prosecution, shall be discussed in confidence without reference in any public record; however, there may be disclosure of confidential information in connection with a criminal or impeachment proceeding. The Prime Minister shall be responsible to the Cabinet and the registered voters for the ongoing oversight of the Agency.

I believe this provision of the Constitution needs to be considered in connection with this discussion.

Personally I would like to see TNP rescind the Lion-Star Pact as a result of the RLA's actions, rather than add something to the legal code to cover this sort of thing.
Thank you, Haor. I was actually waiting for someone to suggest this (seeing as I don't feel that it is in my ethical right to propose such a thing as it may be seen as a conflict of interest).

Given the ethicall 'no-no' of forum crashing, I think it would be more judicious to work to prevent it from happening.

R

The cabinet will be discussing a statement on this matter for release shortly!! We have been waiting for the full story to emerge before making such a statement!!

Back