Where Am I?

No.

I'll give another hint:

The city I am looking for, was (sort of) founded by the Romans in the 1st century BC and was in the course of history taken by the Goths and later the Moors (among others).

So now you know it is not Buenos Aires or Calcutta... :eyeroll:

The first hint was: Ceasar Augustus.

All you people talking about Spain are very close...

Let's take a look at the first hint again:

Ceasar Augustus

Now...join hands, close your eyes and start chanting this name over and over again, for at least a hundred times, quicker and quicker and quicker, until all of its meaning is lost and you only hear the pure, perhaps slightly modified (as in smoothed-out) sound of it.

Ceasaraugustus
ceasaraugustus
ceasaraugustus
ceasaraugustus
ceasaraugustus
ceasaraugustus
ceasaraugustus....

This nice little exercise shall not only bring you all together and more at peace with your natural surroundings, in warmth and affection, but it will also lead you to the name of the city that I am looking for! :)

Zaragoza or Saragossa
City (pop., 2001: 614,905), northeastern Spain. The capital of the Aragon autonomous community (comunidad autónoma), Zaragoza is located on the southern bank of the Ebro River. The Celtiberian town of Salduba at the site was taken by the Romans at the end of the 1st century BC and made a colony named Caesaraugusta, from which its present name derives. It became an episcopal see in the 3rd century AD, and it was taken by the Moors c. 714. It was the capital of the kingdom of Aragon from the 12th to the 15th century. It underwent two sieges (1808–09) by the French, which were commemorated in Lord Byron's Childe Harold. It is an industrial centre and the site of the annual National Trade Fair. Notable buildings include Romanesque and Gothic churches and palaces. Its university was founded in 1474.

Hooray, we have a winner! :winner:

Blackshear, you're up!

New place. I'm not sure how tricky this will be. Depends on a) whether you've seen this place before or b) how closely you study the last picture. :D

It must be something German, because I can see part of a giant "Kaufhof" warehouse sign in the back of the last picture.

The rest I can only guess.

Something Western? Something industrial?

Gelsenkirchen?

Sorry for the delay....wanted to find somewhere a bit different.....

So....let's start at the airport...
Baku1.jpg

Then moving into the city.....
Baku.jpg

And of course the old city.....
1569614-Old_Baku-Azerbaijan.jpg

Good luck.... :P

So we aren't too far away, are we?
It is very clever to use a pic that has no planes. :unsure:

I'll try to go back east step by step:

Alicante, Spain?

Back