What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Maria - Blondie.

Blondie played here last week. no one would come with me. apparently $150 is too much for blondie and the pretenders. i need older and/or more appreciative friends.

Woo! BS listening to aussie bands! yay! are powderfinger big in Canada? i always got the feeling they never really broke overseas markets.

Heading for the cold - Ernest Ellis

No, Powderfinger never made it big in Canada. INXS, AC/DC and Crowded House (the Finn's are from New Zealand aren't they?) are the only bands from Down Under that most people could name. Airbourne, Jet and Wolfmother cracked the airwaves but that's about it around here. I never understood why Eskimo Joe didn't have more success.

Anyways...

The Heinrich Maneuver - Interpol

I think Eskimo Joe didn't make it because they turned into the most pretentious, douchebaggy band I've ever seen, and refused to play their most popular songs. They're the only band I've ever seen booed off stage, and I was booing along with everyone else.

If you can find them, Double Allergic and Internationalist by Powderfinger are two of my favourite albums ever. And you might like The Fauves as well, Poeser'll vouch for them.

King of Spain - The Tallest Man on Earth

Back