Elections 2009

Tresville

TNPer
The election cycle for the 4-month terms of The Delegate, The Speaker of the Assembly, and CLO members, shall begin on the first day of the months of January, May, and September.

You may post your campaign threads now. If the election Commishioner has not posted by tonight I will choose another.

The eligability of all members running will be verified with in 7 days. In the meantime, please check your status yourself in order to save some time.

7. Candidates for these elected officials must be members of the Assembly for 30 days before nominations begin..
8. Election of the Speaker of the Assembly, CLO, and Judiciary officials shall require a plurality vote of the Assembly,
9. Election of the Delegate and Vice Delegate shall require a majority vote of the Assembly.

Nominations can begin in this thread.

Good luck to all.

I have a question. I have been a member of the assembly previous for more then 30 days...does that count toward this requirement?

So I understand, currently your not 30 days in? Had this problem the last election.

Question....what was the difference in time between the last time u were RA and now?

I'll second Sniffles Nomination.

The Court reached no decision on this issue last time because of a 1-1 spilt with a recusal by the third justice.

IMHO, you'd have to be a member of the RA for the 30 days immediately preceeding the formal, legal opening of nominations.

For the record, I'm taking a Sherman as to this election cycle.*

*--“If nominated, I will not accept; if drafted, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve." General William Tecumseh Sherman

I decline for Delegate.

I appreciate the nomination and I am tempted to accept, however I feel I need to wait longer before trying to take a position of that height.

I will, however run for any other position bar Speaker.

I decline for Delegate.

I appreciate the nomination and I am tempted to accept, however I feel I need to wait longer before trying to take a position of that height.

I will, however run for any other position bar Speaker.
That narrows it down nicely, I nominate HEM for CLO

Righto, so there is no legal ruling on my position?

I want to run...

I would anticipate that the Electoral Commissioner might ask the Court for a ruling before the elections begin to resolve this issue still outstanding from the previous election.

I would anticipate that the Electoral Commissioner might ask the Court for a ruling before the elections begin to resolve this issue still outstanding from the previous election.
Agreed. I have posted a request for clarification from the court.

In the meantime Hem...your welcome to at least post a campaign thread. Also, I commend you for:

Not many people have the integrity to first earn high positions in the government by serving in lower ones first.

I second Falconkats nomination.

Also, I'm not running for anything or accepting any elected positions. I'm going to focus on building up the NPA, either continuing as Minister of Defense or as an Officer.

I third it if it turns out we need two nominations not including the candidate themselves.

I won't be running for an elected positions but I'm prepared to take on any responsibilities the elected throw my way, whatever that may be.

*waits for Sydia's witty response*

Tresville will be seeking re-election...

Hmm, I may throw the spanner in the works and stick my name down for a bit of competitive scrutiny of the past term if noone else steps up!

The EC seems to be just starting get up and running so I'll post my list.

Delegate:
Tresville
Haor Chall

Vice Delegate:
Ator Peoples (Not yet accepted)
Sydia

Speaker:
Mr Sniffles

CLO (3 seats):
FALKONCATS
Falconias

Might I also remind people that since Ator has yet to accept and Elu is term limited that the Vice Del position is WIDE OPEN.

Updated as of 9:50 EST, Dec 23rd.

Okay, if this causes confusion or consternation please contact me via PM to discuss it instead of hijacking the thread, this is my first time running an election since Sparrow in 2004.

Nominations will close at 6pm EST Monday December 29th. On Tuesday the 30th I will verify that those nominated are eligible to stand in a public posting.

Open campaigning can begin at any time.

The voting polls will open New Year's Day.

Apparently <_<

Blah. Just Blah. I will be frank, I think this actually discourages old members from returning and will be working in the RA to change this law.

What do you mean I'm term limited? I don't think there's anything in this Constitution about term limits for Vice Delegates...

What do you mean I'm term limited? I don't think there's anything in this Constitution about term limits for Vice Delegates...

I've always read that to mean the elected executive branch. But yeah it's only been a term, feels like two already.

The power of the Speakership is quite limited, where it cannot order they must persuade. It has become painfully obvious to me that the childish animosity of a few will continue to derail the entire legislative agenda because of it. As such, I withdraw my nomination for Speaker.

I already started writing my campaign thread....just need to edit and go over it.

Good luck to everyone!

Don't foget that even if you lose we will need you to fill positions once elections end!

The power of the Speakership is quite limited, where it cannot order they must persuade. It has become painfully obvious to me that the childish animosity of a few will continue to derail the entire legislative agenda because of it. As such, I withdraw my nomination for Speaker.
You are not running for Speaker?

Back