Viedéo

Kyle

Keep pounding.
-
-
Discord
kyle.kyle
x34pyFN.png

Welcome to Viedéo the premier video-sharing platform!
Viedéo is a portmanteau of the words vie ("life") and vidéo. Share your world with Viedéo!

To post a video, this is the code. The stuff in ALLCAPS are the ones that you can change.
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZftOIYa.png[/img]
YOUR VIDEO (EMBED)

[size=4][color=#15769A]#HASHTAG[/color][/size]
[size=6][B]VIDEO TITLE[/B][/size]
[color=#404040]NUMBER OF VIEWS views • DATE POSTED[/color]

[img width="20px"]https://i.imgur.com/8C5sAQd.png[/img] [size=5][color=#404040]NUMBER OF LIKES[/color][/size] [img width="40px"]https://i.imgur.com/C14J9Cf.png[/img] [size=5][color=#404040]NUMBER OF DISLIKES[/color][/size] [img width="240px"]https://i.imgur.com/CybY7RO.png[/img]
[h][/h]
[img align="left" width="50px"]PROFILE PIC OF ACCOUNT/POSTER[/img] [size=6][B]NAME OF ACCOUNT/POSTER[/B][/size]
[color=#404040]NUMBER OF SUBSCRIBERS subscribers •[/color] [img width="75px"]https://i.imgur.com/XvZW3aI.png[/img]

VIDEO DESCRIPTION.

[h][/h]
[color=#404040]NUMBER OF COMMENTS comments[/color]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/hbhAYxo.png[/img]

Notes and tips!
YOUR VIDEO (EMBED): You can embed videos here. If you don't have a video, you can put a picture as a "screenshot". If you have neither, you can use Viedéo's default picture. Just copy and paste this code in the place where the VIDEO (EMBED).
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Gw64ObP.png[/img]

PROFILE PIC OF ACCOUNT/POSTER: Circular pictures works best as profile picture. If you don't know how to do that, a square one also will work. If you don't want to make your own profile picture, you can use Viédeo's default profile picture. Just copy and paste this code in the place where the profile picture should go.
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/XiAd1iA.png[/img]

COMMENTS: If you want comments on your video, this is the code. Use one chunk of this code for each comment.
Code:
[img width="40px"]PROFILE PIC OF ACCOUNT/POSTER[/img] [size=5][B]NAME OF ACCOUNT/POSTER[/B][/size]
COMMENT
[img width="10px"]https://i.imgur.com/8C5sAQd.png[/img] [size=4][color=#404040]NUMBER OF LIKES[/color][/size] [img width="20px"]https://i.imgur.com/C14J9Cf.png[/img] [size=4][color=#404040]NUMBER OF DISLIKES[/color][/size] [size=4][color=#404040]Reply[/color][/size]

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

#STGReferendum2020
Proposition 5 - META Referendum: three hours of votes in 30 seconds
45,203 views • 05 April 2020

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

t9njDHI.png
l'Indépendant Mercanti ✅
105,291 subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Results of the Kingdom of Saintonge's META referendum, in 30 seconds!

1,290 comments
hbhAYxo.png

ZftOIYa.png

#ThrowbackThursday #Lollipops
The Lollipops
7,200 views • 18 June 2020

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

XiAd1iA.png
Throwback Videos
106,265 subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Does anybody remember this song about lollies? :P

2 comments
hbhAYxo.png

kF3woiO.png
James-Childéric Coulaudon
omg wtf did I just watch
8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
0 REPLY

pBfK1og.png
Lucille-Francine Pascaud
Aw that girl is so sweet! :D
8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
1 REPLY

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

nAzzFc4.png

#LaPaixNonSang #FriðurEkkiBlóð
La paix non sang
7,206,326 views • 19 June 2020

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

BgHZzSq.png
Assemblée Nationale de Saintonge
1.2 M subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

In solidarity with our colleague Thorbjörn Höjsleth, four singers/artists who are members of the National Assembly recorded their Santonian version of Prydanian singer-songwriter Kristbjörn Eskfjörð song "Friður ekki Blóð" ("Peace not Blood"). Written a few years after Eskfjörð fled to Saintonge, "Friður ekki Blóð" was a Fascist War-era Prydanian-language song decrying the violence and slaughter of the war.

"La paix non sang" was performed by Kylian Fricoteaux (DJ Kyle Freako) of the Dropt, Jourdain Clairault (frontman of Frontières sacrées) of the Taur, Aline-Monique Ribault (coloratura soprano, Opéra de Saintes) of Saintes, and Pauline-Cordélie Cauneille (la Voix de Saintonge) of the Sarine. Prydanian-language lyrics were performed by Tobias Schjött and Gnyr Koppernaes. Backing music provided by Frontières sacrées and the Saintes Opera Orchestra.

Download the music from Stopify: https://mo.st/ANSLaPaixNonSang
All proceeds will go to the treatment fund for Mr Höjsleth and the Prydanian Reconstruction Fund.

#LaPaixNonSang #FriðurEkkiBlóð #JeSuisThorbjörn #ÉgErThorbjörn

10,263 comments
hbhAYxo.png

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

sIDHDFN.png

#MMTK
Ökumaðurprófíll: Mie Hougaard
15,391 views • 19 June 2020

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

p0SYFwM.png
Midland Mótorar Taurínmáttur Kappreiðar
218 K subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Midland Mótorar Taurínmáttur Racing is proud to present our driver profile for an up and coming IMC E-Series star, Mie Hougaard! Find out more about Mie and MMT Racing at mmtkappreiðar.pr

53 comments
hbhAYxo.png

Z4zBiiv.png
FíntSjóræningi
She's from my hometown! Go Mie!
8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
0 Reply

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

qt7zmQ8.png

#íþróttaball
The Troll's Guide to the 2020-2021 ÍDP Season
186,096 views • 25 September 2020

8C5sAQd.png
5.4 K
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

xtKesGy.png
Þessa Viku í Íþróttaball
272 K subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

It's here, it's finally here! One of the most glorious times in the sports calendar: The beginning of the ÍDP Season. Time to rev up the zambonis, sharpen those skates, and see what the season may have in store. Six teams full of dreams, five teams lining up for soul-crushing disappointment!

1,283 comments
hbhAYxo.png

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

i7MrOsv.png

#muna
Réttarhöldin yfir Jannik Lieftur/The Trial of Jannik Lieftur
2.2M views • 7 January 2019

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

lZdetej.png
Sáttargrunnur
36K subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

We upload the trial of Jannik Lieftur in full as part of our mandate to document and catalogue the horrors of the Syndicalist regime. It is our hope that by making such information freely available to the people of Prydania and the world that such horrors can be learnt from.

597 comments
hbhAYxo.png

L8sv1PN.png
addýö
oh my god, it's so sad to see what happened in my homeland. to all Prydanians who suffered under syndicalism, your family and friends in Saintonge and everywhere else love you!
8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
1 Reply
jhbur5S.png
verzetståfascisme
Um actually the message of Syndicalism has always been good-intentioned. What happened in Prydania was not real syndicalism, which has never been tried. I'm a grad student in political science at Vikstad University so I think I can speak with actual authority on the subject.​
8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
93 Reply
L8sv1PN.png
addýö
my cousin suffered in one of those camps you Vallish fáviti. Tell that to his face, or anyone else who suffered! Va te faire foutre!​
8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
1 Reply

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

2JsdYgh.png

#Johanne #CœurGlacé #Pergélisol
Johanne - Cœur Glacé (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
68,322,634 views • 15 January 2020

8C5sAQd.png
8.3M
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

DIFOZez.png
Johanne
42phQfq.png

985K subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

We all long for that special someone who will warm our hearts. The question should not be if it will come, but when will it come.

This is the music video for my new single Cœur Glacé ("Frozen Heart")! Cœur Glacé is the second song from my new album Pergélisol.

Special thanks to Jérôme-Paul Longpré for his great direction and Baudouin Staelens for his special appearance
V4AFasl.png

Pergélisol and Cœur Glacé are available for streaming!
Stopify: https://stopify.st/2XCteoll3d

Order/download a copy:
My website: https://www.johanne.com/Pergelisol
Nile: https://www.nile.com/music/Multiversal/Johanne-Pergelisol

Song: Cœur Glacé
Album: Pergélisol
Artist: Johanne (Johanne-Bricette Belcourt)
Lyrics: Johanne-Bricette Belcourt
Music: Johanne-Bricette Belcourt, Arnaud-Joseph Lecouflé, Steinbjörn Grjótgard

Music Video
Cast:
Johanne, Baudouin Staelens
Directed by: Jérôme-Paul Longpré
DP: Thorsten-Heinrich Brandstetter
Editor: Jean-Marcel Grollier
Production: KY13

℗ 2020 Multiversal Music

12.6K comments
hbhAYxo.png

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

zKMR7JH.png

#Trollgaard #TroisDesÉpées #ÞrjúAfSverðum #SymphonicMetal
Trollgaard - Trois des épées (FULL ALBUM)
1,394,222 views • 15 October 2020

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

gjZFVDq.png
Trollgaard
42phQfq.png

244K subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Our new album Trois des Épées - Þrjú af sverðum ("Three of Swords") is out!

Track list:
00:00 - Intro
01:45 - Flakkarar (“Wanderers”)
06:07 - Norðurljós (“Northern Lights”)
11:48 - Að leita að nýju athvarfi (“Searching for a new haven”)
16:10 - Sverð í kletti (“Sword in rock”)
20:20 - Bats toi ! (“Fight!”)
25:33 - Eftirlifandi (“Survivor”)
30:40 - Friður og blóð (“Peace and blood”)
36:17 - Skipting (“Division”)
41:32 - Haglél haturs (“Hailstorm of hate”)
46:02 - Trois épées (“Three swords”) feat. Katrine Chennault
52:44 - Sinfónía eyðileggingar (“Symphony of destruction”)
59:01 - Sauve-moi (“Save me”)
1:04:58 - Peins-le en rouge ! (“Paint it Red”)
1:09:10 - Móðurlaust barn - Enfant sans sa mère (cover of “Motherless child”)
1:12:25 - Sain et sauf (“Safe and sound”)
1:17:38 - Land feðra minna (“Land of My Fathers”)
1:23:41 - La terre de mon avenir (“Land of My Future”)

Streaming!
Stopify:
https://stopify.st/ks928HHs3j

Order/download a copy:
Band website:
https://www.trollgaard.com/3ofSwords
Nile: https://www.nile.com/music/Multiversal/Trollgaard-3ofSwords

Artist: Trollgaard
Album: Trois des épées
Lyrics: Thorbjörn Trollgaard, Gnyr Koppernaes, Styrbjörn Trollgaard, Brice-Ketille Bertereau, Friðgerður Röys-Bertereau, Hallkell-Tobias Staurset; Kristbjörn Eskfjörð (original for Móðurlaust barn - Enfant sans sa mère)
Vocals: Thorbjörn Trollgaard, Gnyr Koppernaes
Rhythm Guitar: Styrbjörn Trollgaard
Second Guitar: Thorbjörn Trollgaard
Lead Guitar: Brice-Ketille Bertereau
Bass: Skarpheiður Anne Björkvik
Keyboards: Adam Hróarr Drevland
Drums: Alexandria-Marie Staurset
Violin: Friðgerður Röys-Bertereau
Harp: Hallkell-Tobias Staurset

℗ 2020 Multiversal Music

2.6K comments
hbhAYxo.png

Last edited:
IBraOJk.jpg

#CalliseFirst #NoMoreMilksops
Jacob Cartier Goes Off On Immigration
2,901,347 views • 11/10/20

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

AlKCuN5.png
Callise First Clips
1,890,500 subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Jacob Cartier goes off on Callise's EVIL immigration policy, Craviter Economic Association!

Callise First is Inevitable!

5.1k comments
hbhAYxo.png

7rZy3af.jpg

#RefuseFascism
The Callisean Right has a New Propagandist, and He's Popular with the Youth
10,652,899 views • 12/1/20

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

HoLCa6t.png
Callise Today
12,890,500 subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

The Callisean Nationalist Right has a new figurehead, and he's one of the kids.

Jacob Cartier is a 22 year old living with his parents in Sainte-Beaudouin, Callise. But don't let that description fool you, he has an army of online fans who he whips into a frenzy with racist, nationalistic, pseudo-fascistic rants on the ruling Liberal coalition in Callise.

Cartier is a Courantist Messianist, like the majority of people living in Villende, Callise, and has a political ethos that is heavily influenced by a radical Courantist reading of the Messianist faith.

Cartier has, among other topics, touched on immigration, globalism, and what he calls "degenerate" social movements.

This video is one of a series on the rise of Far-Right politics across Eras, subscribe to this channel for more content on these issues.

13k comments
hbhAYxo.png

ZftOIYa.png

#evotainment
Ah FAQ
250k views • 3/11/21

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

EvotainmentFan37
20k subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Sam Borkman accidentally says "faq" and plays it off to avoid getting bonked by management on stream!

==============

Credit goes to these beautiful people:

Sam Borkman Ch. Evotainment-FA

560 comments
hbhAYxo.png

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

BN-UE374_38zWO_M_20170707175716.jpg

#CurrentEvents #KRD
Tristainian referendum: Security forces launch widespread crackdown as independence referendum moves ahead
456,432 views • 1 February 2021

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

AFGJJV1.png
KRD News
152M subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Violence has started to erupt in major cities in the region of Tristain as the Imperial Police and the Imperial Gendarmerie commences a crackdown within the region. This is in response to the actions of the Tristainian government, which announced that they would move forward with the independence referendum, despite the Imperial Constitutional Court ruling against it. So far, security forces have stormed polling stations, confiscated ballot boxes, and have moved to prevent people from participating in the referendum, through the use of force.

In spite of these measures, the Tristainian premier Jean-Marie Devereaux has insisted that the referendum will press on, and that the people will vote. In Glaienbeck, the Interior Minister, Ulrike Brümel, has stated that stated that the measures were ordered to ensure that the rule of law provided for under the Constitution was preserved.

653 comments

hbhAYxo.png

ZftOIYa.png

#Evotainment #Evotainment-FA #FaltsuEAS
Sam Borkman's Emergency Alert During the Stream
450k views • 3/17/21

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

EvotainmentFan37
21k subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Sam Borkman gets an Emergency alert on his phone and has to abruptly end the stream. From what I've gathered, there was a tornado warning issued near the city of Denburg. No actual tornados touched down, but there were high winds.

=============================================================

Translations:

Eh?
What the fuck is happening!
Ah fuck.

=============================================================

Credit goes to these wonderful people:

Sam Borkman Ch. Evotainment-FA

2.7k comments
hbhAYxo.png

ZftOIYa.png

rWwdLOe.png

#MilitaryOutreach #ChildrensDay
Children's Day 2019!
4,529,226 views • 30 December 2019

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

eGiDvI4.png
MaxPryde ✅
1.5M subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

December 28 is Children's Day! Feast of Holy Innocents in the Calendar of Saints. Me and my platoon hang out and participate in Children's Day activities at the Sainte-Couronne Community Centre, Vicence!

3,516 comments
hbhAYxo.png

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

0U2fQrq.png

#TankerLife #MaxPrydeExplains
Tanker Life Ep 13: MaxPryde explains: What are Tanker Boots?
3,265,551 views • 02 October 2020

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

eGiDvI4.png
MaxPryde ✅
1.5M subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

We in the military aren't well known for being fashionable - because we have our uniforms. But I have previously mentioned that we tankers have a special kind of boots to wear! Quite a few of my subscribers were asking about tanker boots, so this video would explain what are they all about and why are they special!

2,553 comments
hbhAYxo.png

ZftOIYa.png

QEeoBQc.png

#CômeRadio #Villault #ForeignerOrNot
Foreigner or Not: Villault tries to classify ice hockey players!
198,332 views • 19 Dec 2021

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

I3r4kpf.png
Côme Radio ✅
64K subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Our guest for the day is Mr François-Louis Villault, the controversial anti-immigrant Comasque deputy to the National Assembly. He shared his views on the hot topics in Côme and Saintonge, and his criticism of ice hockey players.

In this last part of our interview with Mr Villault, we played a little game specially for him: “Foreigner or Not!”

Martin-Landry Titeux (Host): We have heard your advocacy about immigrants and foreigners in sport, especially in ice hockey.
François-Louis Villault: Yes, ice hockey is especially problematic, because a huge, huge majority of their players are not Santonians.
MLT: I am interested, though, how do you define Santonian? Because the Fédération royale saintongeaise de Hockey sur Glace or FRSHG, uh… defines Santonian as someone holding Santonian citizenship.
FLV: I think that’s just the easy way out. Many of these immigrants adopt Santonian citizenship for convenience. They’re here for the benefits, the rights to play the game, and all of those advantages Santonian citizens enjoy.
MLT: So someone such as Finnbjörn Kylefjord, the captain of Odinspylique de Ratisbonne… he was born in Prydania, naturalised as a Santonian and he plays for the Santonian National Ice Hockey team… you don’t think he’s Santonian?
FLV: He’s Santonian on paper, but the way I look at it, he’s a Prydanian immigrant.
MLT: Even though he’s playing for the Santonian National Team?
FLV: I still deem him as a foreigner, an immigrant.
MLT: What about the president of the ice hockey players’ union, Lukáš Kindl of Corsaires de Plaisance. He was born in Saintonge, in Plaisance, to Norsian parents. Do you think he’s still a foreigner?
FLV: Yes.
MLT: May I ask why?
FLV: Because he’s still never fully Santonian. Norsians fled to Saintonge in the 1980s because of troubles in their homeland. He’s the children of immigrants, raised in the immigrant background, and never fully Santonian.
MLT: How about Jacob-Canute Holst, captain of USL Novale? His mother is Santonian, his father is Prydanian. He was born here, his name is Santonian -
FLV: “Holst”? Doesn’t sound Santonian to me.
MLT: But I remember Holst mentioned in another interview that he can’t even speak Prydanian.
FLV: Don’t let the immigrants fool you that they’ve integrated. They’ll say that but they’ll still go on their merry Prydanian, Norsian, or whatever ways when people are not looking.
MLT: Well then, what makes one ‘fully Santonian’?
FLV: Someone who is fully Santonian means that their family had been in Saintonge for the longest time, that their family didn’t immigrate into Saintonge to take advantage of this country’s wealth, stability, and safety.
MLT: How long does someone’s family had to stay in Saintonge for you to deem them Santonian?
FLV: That’s a strange question. If you are Santonian, you would know who is Santonian and who is a foreigner. Even if they’re holding Santonian citizenship. Even if they’re from mixed families. The foreigners’ and immigrants’ quaint, weird ways will tip you off - they still hadn't fully integrated.
MLT: Can you give me an objective way, then, how to determine if someone is Santonian or not? The government and FRSHG uses citizenship. You said you don’t like it. What do you propose then? An exam?
FLV: (laughs) No, no, not an exam, silly.
MLT: How then?
FLV: We know that many of these immigrants arrived to take advantage of this country. Saintonge raised the floodgates to these foreigners during the Fascist War onwards. I’d say anybody who arrived during and after that is a foreigner.
MLT: Even the descendants of these immigrants?
FLV: Yes.
MLT: How about those who were products of mixed marriages?
FLV: Yes, they’re part-foreigners too.
MLT: So you are saying that if you just have one parent or grandparent (because that’s the generation of the Fascist War immigrants) who is an immigrant… you are a foreigner?
FLV: Yes, I’d still consider them foreigners.
MLT: Hmmmm… okay then, let’s play a little game. We’d be displaying the name and picture of a Ligue des Jarlais ice hockey player, and you have to tell us whether he’s a foreigner or not, based on your criteria. For our listeners, we are basing this on Mr Villault’s criteria – if any of them had an immigrant parent or grandparent, they’d be foreigners. Okay, François, shall we start?
FLV: Sure. This will be easy.
MLT: Brice-Kévin Beaudoin. Captain of the Santonian National Ice Hockey Team, captain of ARS Saintes. Foreigner or not?
FLV: Santonian.
MLT: Correct. Next, Hrafnkell Fjeldstad, captain of Olympique Nyonnais and also a member of the Santonian National Ice Hockey Team. Foreigner or not?
FLV: Foreigner! My lord that is freaking easy. Just look at that unpronounceable name!
MLT: Correct. Fjeldstad was born in Prydania and resettled in Saintonge as a child after fleeing the Prydanian Civil War.
FLV: Told you this will be easy.
MLT: Olaf-Rüttger Trabandt, captain of Ours de Bâle. Foreigner or not?
FLV: Foreigner. He’s not a member of the Santonian National Team, is he? Does he represent Hessunland?
MLT: Correct. But he’s a Santonian citizen; Trabandt was born in Saintonge to Hessunlander parents.
FLV: He should play for Hessunland.
MLT: Next. Here’s Florent Colicchio, alternate captain of Odinspylique de Ratisbonne. Foreigner or not?
FLV: Foreigner.
MLT: Incorrect. Colicchio’s parents and grandparents are all Santonian -
FLV: His surname is not.
MLT: His ancestor carrying the surname Colicchio arrived from Predice in the 19th century… so does not qualify based on your criteria.
FLV: Still an immigrant.
MLT: But based on your criteria, he’s not -
FLV: Yeah, sure.
MLT: (sighs) Anyway, Marius-Laurent Podevin, forward for USL Novale. Foreigner or not?
MLT: Correct. Sébastien Lécaillon, defenceman for Val Bléone HG. Foreigner or not?
MLT: Incorrect. Lécaillon is a citizen of Sil Dorsett, so he is actually a foreigner in the strictest definition.
FLV: They’re descended from Santonians anyway.
MLT: Still a foreigner though (chuckles). How about Corsaires de Plaisance’s Neven Kerdanet?
FLV: Foreigner.
MLT: Incorrect -
FLV: That’s not a Santonian surname.
MLT: Kerdanet is from Bethany.
FLV: Ah, that explains why.
MLT: Desmond-David Dechesleprête, alternate captain of USL Novale. Foreigner or not?
FLV: Santonian… but that first name throws me off.
MLT: He’s Santonian, yeah… How about Konrad van den Bussche, centre for Olympique Nyonnais?
FLV: That’s got to be a foreigner.
MLT: Van den Bussche is Santonian from Artois.
FLV: Really? Where did that surname come from -
MLT: Surnames like that are pretty common in southern Saintonge… Artois, Hainaut, those parts.
FLV: Who would spell Conrad with a K?
MLT: (shrugs) I mean, K is a part of the Santonian alphabet, how else will you spell “kylian”?
FLV: Fair.
MLT: Next person. Blaise-Brendan Bodereau, captain of Val Bléone HG. Foreigner or not?
MLT: Correct. Timothée-Eugène Latendresse, captain of Corsaires de Plaisance. Foreigner or not?
MLT: Incorrect. Latendresse is a Santonian citizen, but his mother and paternal grandfather are from Ultramont.
FLV: Well, those guys are descended from Santonians anyway.
MLT: This next guy’s name is also interesting. Thibault Thibault, goaltender for Ours de Bâle. Foreigner or not?
FLV: What is even that name? (laughs) Okay... Santonians love their Thibaults, so I will say Santonian.
MLT: Incorrect.
FLV: What…!?
MLT: Thibault is a Santonian citizen, but his father and maternal grandfather are from Ultramont. He’s actually double first cousins with Latendresse.
FLV: Double first cousins?
MLT: Thibault’s mother and Latendresse’s father are siblings; Thibault’s father and Latendresse’s mother are also siblings.
FLV: Sounds like stereotypical Ultramontese then, marrying your cousins (chuckles).
MLT: Carlo Palmieri, forward for ARS Saintes. Foreigner or not?
FLV: Is this another trick question? That’s a Predicean surname. I’d say foreigner.
MLT: Correct. Palmieri is a Santonian citizen, but his grandfather is Predicean. Okay, how about Michel-Laurent Le Flore, goaltender for ARS Saintes?
MLT: Correct. Joshua-Adam Cathaud, defenceman for CHG des Comminges. Foreigner or not?
MLT: Incorrect. Cathaud’s maternal grandparents are Shaddaist refugees who fled to Saintonge during the Fascist War, so by your standards, he’s a foreigner. But he’s a Santonian citizen.
FLV: He’s probably still a Shaddaist as well.
MLT: Well, I thought all Santonian citizens are required to be members of the church…? Well anyway let’s see how you did – François, you got 8 out of 15 right!
FLV: I got the majority of it.
MLT: Yeah, eight out of fifteen. Thank you François for playing this little game with us. We’ll make a new edition then when you visit the next time then…?

2,764 comments
hbhAYxo.png

OOC Notes: Thanks to @Sil Dorsett and @Paxiosolange for giving me permission to have players (of Silean and Ultramontese descent) in the ice hockey league too!

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

oajFw9a.png

#Hockey #LigueDesJarlais #SNT-NOV #CoupDuChapeau #FinnsteinnRamsland
ARS Saintes: Ramsland's AMAZING three goals in three minutes!
350.6K views • 23 January 2022

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

DZVaFDK.png
ARS Saintes Ice Hockey ✅
156K subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Watch Finnsteinn Ramsland's AMAZING hat-trick, with three goals in three minutes during the third period! ARS Saintes wins over USL Novale, 7-2, at the Patinoire de Saintes last 21 January.

Commentating are Clarence-Thomas Lacaille (summariser) and Théophile-Charles Baudaux (analyst).
CTL: “… that was such an unnecessary penalty on the part of Saintes here. When you’re leading just by one, offering a power play to your opponent is a bad move.”
TCB: “I agree, Clarence. Now Palmieri will be serving a two-minute penalty for hooking.”
CTL: “And now we have Saintes bringing in three defenders to support Bethomier on the goal, plus with their newly-recalled player Finnsteinn Ramsland.”
TCB: “Ramsland is rather interesting, he’s a two-way forward. He used to play as a blueliner in his old team.”
CTL: “Yeah… Květoslav Hrnčíř just won the puck for Saintes… Aadland trying to get it… and now Ramsland has the puck! He’s running away with it! Aadland and Kretschmer on pursuit! Ramsland on the breakaway… and GOOOOAAAAL for Saintes!”
TCB: “Poor Barraux the Novalais goaltender… Ramsland was just so fast that’s impossible to block even if Barraux read Ramsland’s move correctly.”
CTL: “A shorthanded goal for Saintes… and Ramsland is being congratulated by his teammates for his first goal of the night.”
TCB: “I’m actually surprised that Saintes doesn’t use Ramsland as frequently. That guy is second-line, if not first-line material. Ramsland has had three goals and seven assists in the last three games.”
CTL: “Well it just proves that the Saintes line-up is deep enough for them.”
TCB: “People thought that Saintes was being shortchanged in its pre-season trade with CHG des Comminges, when Saintes traded the power forward Tim-Dietrich Hellmuth with Ramsland, Cal Calnegry, and a draft pick.”
CTL: ARS Saintes had been a powerhouse when it comes to developing players. Their lineups are so deep that even their fourth liners are formidable. They have mostly relied on Beaudoin and the Baldrs to score, and these guys are popular with the fans… but even their third-, fourth-lines are tough.”
TCB: “Agreed. Ramsland had mostly played on the third or fourth lines. He wasn’t even on the Saintes team for the past few months and was sent to their affiliate Vikings de Saint-Alban. He was recalled this month to replace Blažej Pithart, who was out on injury.”
CTL: “Alright, faceoff again, with one minute and forty-five seconds on the Novalais power play… D.D. Dechesleprête won that for Novale… Mistaudy taking the puck… to Kretschmer… into the Saintes zone… Kretschmer passes back to Mistaudy… Mistaudy passes to – ROBBERSTAD intercepts! Robberstad robbed Novale of the puck and is going for the penalty kill - !”
TCB: “Oh my.”
CTL: “This isn’t a penalty kill! Ramsland has the puck in the neutral zone and is heading for the net! Another breakaway! FINN. STEINN. RAMS. LAND. RAMS THE PUCK INTO THE NET! Saintes with a three-goal lead! Score is 5-2 in favour of Saintes!”
TCB: “Ramsland just piling away with those shorthanded goals. Novale should not be entirely focused on the offensive during the power play.”
CTL: “Look at this recap! Ramsland just skates with the puck straight to Barraux, not hinting on how he’s going to push it in. Barraux had to move further and further back into the crease. Ramsland feigns a backhand to make Barraux move to his left, but retains the puck as he skates to Barraux’s right to lift the puck into the top shelf.”
TCB: “Slick play by Finnsteinn Ramsland here.”
CTL: “Two shorthanded goals in twenty-two seconds for ARS Saintes, courtesy of Finnsteinn Ramsland.”
TCB: “This is embarrassing for Novale. You can see D.D. Dechesleprête telling off his teammates to focus especially on the sneaky Ramsland... it looks like Mistaudy and Aadland will be tagging him… which essentially equalises the game.”
CTL: “Yes Théo, Ramsland is worth two players, which negates Novale’s one-man advantage. Great play from Ramsland… yeah, Théo, why aren’t we seeing much of this guy?”
TCB: “I don’t know either, Ramsland was also a third-liner for CHG des Comminges, which had a very disorganised season last year – they nearly got relegated. But it was CHG des Comminges that discovered the guy.”
CTL: “You said Ramsland has an interesting story.”
TCB: “Yeah. He had a late start to his career. Finnsteinn Ramsland was twenty years old when he arrived here as a Prydanian refugee in 2015 with no family with him. He went into the army, got posted in the Comminges. He was discovered by a CHG des Comminges scout in 2019 when he led the army team to a crushing victory over the police team in a Christmas fundraising/exhibition game at Sauveterre-de-Comminges. His professional ice hockey career started in the 2020-2021 season, when he was twenty-five.”
CTL: “Just imagine what we could’ve seen had he played his professional career early.”

* * *​

CTL: “And the Novale power play ends, the Novalais not able to convert that into points and was instead sunk further with two shorthanded goals…
TCB: “The last time ARS Saintes was able to score two shorthanded goals on the same penalty call was in 2006, against Prédateurs de Perthus.”
CTL: “… Scarano is keeping the puck with him as Novale changes… Scarano passes to Rockne… to Holst. Hrnčíř trying to take it from Holst… back to Rockne. Robberstad tries to intercept… slips! Robberstad loses his stick! Rockne, back to Holst… Holst fires… and blocked by Bethomier’s left pad! Loose puck in front of the net, Rault gets it, shoots! Blocked again by Bethomier!”
TCB: “That traffic in front of Bethomier is insane!”
CTL: “Rockne somehow got possession of the puck. Passing to Holst – and checked by Ramsland on the boards!”
TCB: “Great forecheck by the way, Rockne was almost caught unaware. It’s an example of Ramsland playing as a D-man.”
CTL: “Rockne, Ramsland, Holst, and Robberstad scuffle along the boards for the puck. The Prydanians duke it out! Rockne digs it out! Intercepted by Saintes! Hear the home crowd roar as Günther Drögemüller drives the puck into the Novale zone! Scarano backchecks Drögemüller but Drögemüller already sent the puck to Palmieri… Palmieri shoots! Denied by Barraux! Scarano gets the rebound… ROBBED AGAIN BY ROBBERSTAD! Robberstad keeps it in the Novale zone… to Palmieri… shoots! Barred by Barraux! Drögemüller on the rebound, tries a wraparound… Denied by Barraux! And then… GOOOAAALLLL!”
TCB: “H… how did that happen?”
CTL: “A Finnsteinn Ramsland hat trick! His Saintes teammates celebrating with him as the Novalais could only watch in shock!”
TCB: “Glorious.”
CTL: “Let’s see the replay here… Drögemüller tries a wraparound… a great toe save by Barraux. Rault was there trying to get the rebound, but we see the puck pass under Rault’s stick and hurtle towards Ramsland. Good positioning by Ramsland here… He shoots by lifting the puck off the ice, it flies above Rault’s body as Rault falls down... Barraux could not see the puck… and the puck hits the top right corner… and now Saintes leads 6-2.”
TCB: “Finnsteinn Ramsland, the fourth-line forward, just sank USL Novale with a hat-trick. Three goals in three minutes in the third period. Saintes leading by four with ten minutes remaining.”

9,855 comments
hbhAYxo.png

QFmiD8f.png
Laurent Fleury a.k.a. The Hockey Nerd
Definitely Finnsteinn Ramsland's breakout performance. From an amateur player just three years ago. Comminges traded him last year so they can get a star player. Saintes relegated him to the semi-pro affiliate farm team... and now this. His career is on the way up.
8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
60 Reply

mwBusXL.png
Clément Bariteau
Sick play by Ramsland. He should be in the lineup more often.
8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
12 Reply

OOC: Thanks to @Prydania for help in hockey stuff.

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

#Prydansk
Prydania
1,462,362 views • 28 July 2022

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

QoAyd0l.png
Sigerik Gulseth
7.46k subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

The five years since liberation celebration got me thinking. I wanted to write a song for our country.
I also wanted to write a love song about my new wife. This is the result! Love you Runa ❤️

Lyrics:
I hear the horns echoing tonight
But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
She's coming in 12:30 flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation
I stopped an old man along the way,
Hoping to find some old forgotten words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say, "Hurry boy, It's waiting there for you"

It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the spirits north in Prydania
Gonna take some time to do the things we never have

The wild wolves cry out in the night
As they grow restless longing for some solitary company
I know that I must do what's right
As sure as the Skóglendi stretches like the bright stars across Jægdar's domain
I seek to cure what's deep inside, frightened of this thing that I've become

Hurry boy, she's waiting there for you

955 comments
hbhAYxo.png

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

#FrelsiNúna
The Day the Stag Died
4,343,068 views • 1 August 2017

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

kILJYvo.png
Hastein Storlie
12.83k subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

I wrote this during the War, and now I can share it without fear of retribution! Fyrir Konung! Til Valhalla!

Lyrics:
Long long time ago, I can still remember
How that gospel used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for a while
But September made me shiver
With every paper I'd deliver
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step
I can't remember if I cried
When I read about the piper pied
But something touched me deep inside
The day the Stag died

So bye-bye, Miss Prydanian Pie
Drove my Midy to the levee
But the levee was dry
Them good old boys were drinking brenni and rye
Singing, "This'll be the day that I die"
This will be the day that I die

Did you write the Book of Love?
And do you have faith in God above?
If the Bible tells you so
Do you believe in revolution?
Can change save your mortal soul?
And can you teach me how to move real slow?
Well I know that you're in league with ‘em
‘Cause I saw you marchin’ in the slum
You both raised those hammers and gears
Then I felt that shocking fear
I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck
With a farm back home and a pickup truck
But I knew I was out of luck
The day the Stag died

But the levee was dry

Now for ten years we've been on our own
And moss grows fat on a rolling stone
But that's not how it used to be
When the Miner spoke to the King and Queen
In a coat he borrowed from Mattys Steen
And a voice that he said came from you and me
Oh and while the King was looking down
The Miner stole his horned crown
The courtroom was adjourned
No verdict was returned
And while the Miner read a book on Picard
The Prince held court in the park
And we sang dirges in the dark
The day the Stag died

But the levee was dry

Helter skelter in the fall weather
The birds flew off towards the nether
Eight miles high and falling fast
It landed foul on the grass, the players tried for a forward pass
With the Miner on the sidelines in a cast
Now the halftime air was sweet perfume
While the Militia played a marching tune
We all got up to dance
Oh, but we never got the chance
'Cause the players tried to take the field
The Militia refused to yield
Do you recall what was revealed
The day the Stag died?

We started singing bye-bye, Miss Prydanian Pie
Drove my Midy to the levee but the levee was dry
And singing, "This'll be the day that I die"

Oh, and there we were all in one place
A generation lost in space
With no time left to start again
So come on, Jannik be nimble, Jannik be quick
Jannik Lieftur sat on a candlestick
'Cause fire is the devil's only friend
Oh, and as I watched him on the stage
My hands were clenched in fists of rage
No angel born in Hell
Could break that Satan's spell
And as the flames climbed high into the night
To light the sacrificial rite
I saw Satan laughing with delight
The day the Stag died

He was singing bye-bye, Miss Prydanian Pie
And singing, "This'll be the day that I die"

I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news
But she just smiled and turned away
I went down to the sacred alter
Where in my youth I’d have a balter
But the man there said God wasn’t there
And in the streets, the children screamed
The lovers cried and the poets dreamed
But not a word was spoken
The church bells all were broken
And the three men I admire most
The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost
They caught the last train for the coast
The day the Stag died

And they were singing bye-bye, Miss Prydanian Pie
And them good old boys were drinking brenni and rye
They were singing bye-bye, Miss Prydanian Pie

1375 comments
hbhAYxo.png

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

JxDOtpF.png

#Explainer #ExplainerVideo #AskAboutAnything #Câblé #Property #Legal #Politics #Economics
Can you own property in Saintonge?
106.5K views • 14 April 2023

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

O7uonRj.png
Câblé Magazine
758.9K subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Can you own property in Saintonge?

Sounds like a silly question with a straightforward answer, but because it is Saintonge, the answer is complicated. Caël explains why you don't really "own" your property in Saintonge but functionally you do.

1.1K comments
hbhAYxo.png

Aurélien @ABKD1234 asks: "Is it true that no one can own property in Saintonge? Do I own my house?"

If you are referring to ‘property’ as like real estate, or lands, the short answer is: technically it’s true.

The answer sounds communist, but it’s actually rooted in feudalism.

The tl;dr is: depends on what you think ownership means.

Theoretically, the Santonian monarch is the “Fount of Sovereignty” from which all governmental powers emanate. During the period of Santonian feudalism, this legal construct extended to the Santonian monarch technically owning all land in Saintonge. This construct was extant and reflected in the 11th-century Livre de Recensement de Saintonge, where King William I ‘the Accountant’ (Guillaume I ‘le Comptable’) sent out people to survey the entire country for taxation purposes.

This legal construct also led to laws such as the 1340 Law of the Mints (Loi des Monnaies), wherein resources that came out of the ground - gold, silver, gemstones, etc. - belong to the Crown.

In time, the king granted some (or much) of these lands to magnates and nobles. There were two major modes of land tenure in Saintonge. The first mode was called freehold (Pleine propriété), wherein the freeholder holds all of the rights to the land with no or minimal restrictions. The most common one, the fee simple or fee absolute (Fief absolu), the freeholder can “dispose of the good” (disposer du bien) such as by selling it or passing it to heirs, “use the good” (utiliser un bien) such as by living in the land, “receive income from the good” (percevoir des revenus issus de ce bien) such as by renting it out. A freehold does not, however, mean independence of the land from Saintonge. Still, this is one of the reasons why historically, Saintonge does not allow foreigners to own real property or land.

The second mode was called a leasehold (Propriété à bail), in which the property reverts to the owner of the land after the lease period expires or otherwise lawfully terminates. There are several situations in between these two but for the sake of simplicity these are the two main ones.

While many countries have since moved to allodial land tenure – which is an absolute perpetual freehold in feudal terms. Allodial land tenure simply means that there is no superior landlord such as monarchs or nobles. This is what we conventionally think when we “own” a particular piece of land, property, or real estate.

Saintonge, however, moved to the opposite end after the Santonian Revolution – it does not have allodial land tenure. There is some historical explanation to this.

Throughout the centuries preceding the revolution, successive monarchs granted rights, freeholds, and the likes to nobles and great magnates. These nobles and great magnates became abusive towards their tenants and people. Because the land was in freehold, the monarchs could not do anything as these great landowners are absolute landowners – they can evict the farmers who till their land, they could impose conditions on people who want to use or occupy the land, they could charge exorbitant rents, and so forth. Thus, the nobles and the great freeholders (i.e. large landowners) became hated in the centuries leading to the Revolution.

Thus, when the Santonian Revolution unfolded, which pitted the nobles against the Santonian monarch, the commoners, and the church, there was a tendency to centralise the power to the King and the “Nation”.

But, you might ask, the the Santonian Declaration of the Rights of Persons and of the Citizen exists! Surely this might have an effect!

Yes, Article III states that sovereignty resides essentially in the Nation. The Santonian Constitution of 1795 also states that, but it also states that the “Nation” is “represented and embodied” by the monarch. Thus, the powers of the monarch “emanates from the Nation” – hence the royal title is Roi des Saintongeaises (“King of the Santonians”). Even though his sovereign power comes from the people and the nation, the monarch is the embodiment and representation of that power. In effect, while Saintonge belongs to all Santonians, it is the monarch that embodies this ownership. So yes, all lands in Saintonge still belong to the monarch – not him personally, but to what he embodies: the Nation. Now it sounds communist, but bear with me, “private property” exists and is very common in Saintonge.

Article XVIII of the Declaration protects ‘right to property’. This is the justification for having so-called ‘private property’ in Saintonge. By all purposes it doesn’t differ from what is conventionally called ‘private property’ in other countries. It’s just that in Saintonge, it’s like allodial land tenure but with the monarch being the (mostly-)powerless superior landlord of all land in Saintonge.

Confusing? Maybe it will become clearer if we delve into the history for a bit.

In 1793, the Revolutionary Estates-General passed a law abolishing the hated freeholds and the freer types of feudal land tenure. All were converted into leaseholds with one superior landlord for everybody: the monarch. The other land tenures were streamlined into leaseholds as well. The rationale laid down by the fervently royalist and strongly centralising Estates-General was:

« Toutes les terres appartiennent au roi qui représente et incarne la Nation. Les citoyens de Saintonge ont le devoir et la responsabilité de gérer ces terres. »
“All land belongs to the monarch who represents and embodies the Nation. The citizens of Saintonge have the duty and the responsibility of managing this land.”​

This serves as the basis of property ownership in Saintonge. You owning your real estate is your participation in managing the responsibility of the king’s land. The government you voted in as citizens of Saintonge is entrusted to manage the public lands. This has a cascading effect on multiple things. For example, property taxes are fees being paid because you use the king’s lands; to put it in a more communistic way, property taxes are money you contribute because you use a particular share of the public good (because that piece of land is owned by the king a.k.a. the nation a.k.a. everyone).

In another example, mineral rights in Saintonge are fully-owned and managed by the government on behalf of the Crown (i.e. the monarch). Water rights also belong to the Crown. And again, because only citizens of Saintonge have this duty and responsibility to manage the king’s lands, foreigners are still not allowed to own property in Saintonge.

The types of leaseholds rooted in the 1793 law became the basis of the types of land “ownership” in Saintonge. The more common types are bail national, bail publique, bail royal, bail conservé, bail clérical, bail privé, and bail limité.
  • Bail national (“National Lease”): the basal type of land tenure. This was land owned in the name of the King but is unallocated. For example, many forest tracts and greenbelts fall under bail national. Lands under bail national form the bulk of the Crown Lands (Terres de la Couronne), which are land “owned” by the state.
  • Bail publique (“Public lease”): This refers to land used (‘leased’) for public purposes and for the common good. For example, the land where airports, schools, and government buildings stand on are frequently under bail publique. These are also part of the Crown Lands. Sometimes, the more specific term Public Lands (Terres publiques) is used to distinguish these from Crown Lands under the bail national.
  • Bail royal (“Royal lease”): This refers to land used by (‘leased to’) the monarch and the royal family personally and for the maintenance of the royal family. For example, castles such as Fontainebleau are under bail royal. These lands form the Royal Lands (Terres royales). The Royal Lands are managed as the Royal Trust (Donation royale), an entity that collects and manages the income from the royal lands. Several tracts of downtown Saintes and its business district are royal lands – the buildings rent the land from the Royal Trust. Royal lands ensure that the Royal Family and Santonian monarchy are self-sufficient and not beholden to the government of the day. One of the more famous royal lands is the ‘royal town’ of Choisy-le-Roi (Lisle) where the entire commune (except the municipal buildings) is built on royal lands. Several other ‘royal towns’ exist, such as Sainte-Claire-sur-Epte (Saine-et-Loine), Bourg-la-Reine (Semois), Mont-Saint-Caël (Boëme), Champfroid-du-Roi (Basse-Bléone), and Caldès-de-Reine (Sebre).
  • Bail conservé (“Retained lease”): Because some nobles remained in the aftermath of the Revolution (mostly those that served or sided with the Revolution), these nobles had the right to retain some lands for themselves and their families. These were all converted into “Retained leases”, which essentially function like Royal Lands, but for non-royal nobles. These lands form the so-called Retained Lands (Terres conservées), as “Noble Lands” had a very unsavoury connotation in post-Revolution Saintonge. Retained lands are usually seen in the loyal provinces such as the Pouilles, Bavière, and Artois. The 1793 law prohibited the further conversion of any other land into retained lands, which meant that if a noble purchased land post-1793, it functions just like any other common land under “private lease” (which we will explain later). Exceptions were made when cadet branches of the royal family were granted retained lands for their benefit, but this had to be made via a law passed by the Santonian Parliament.
  • Bail clérical (“Clerical lease”) or more popularly Bail d’église (Church lease): These are the lands that the church retained after the Concordat of 1792, where the Santonian National Church gave up most of its land. The remaining ones were put under bail clérical. These are mostly land where churches, cathedrals, cemeteries, and parochial schools stand. These are called Church Lands (Terres de l’Église). While Church Lands are similar to and function like Retained Lands, unlike Retained Lands, there are minimal restrictions for conversion of other lands to Church Lands. Applications for conversion to Church Lands are handled by the Ministry of Church Affairs and approved by the Santonian Government. Only the Santonian National Church is allowed to have Church Lands. Other religions build churches on lands under “private lease” (explained next).
  • Bail privé (“Private lease”): The most common type of lease in Saintonge, this is the conventional “ownership” of the land. Lands under this lease are even called Private Lands (Terres privées). The “owner” of the land can use the land as s/he sees fit under the regulations (such as zoning), can sell or convey (such as by inheritance) the land to others, can rent the property to others, can derive income from it, and so on. In practice, this is essentially similar to an allodial land title, only that there is a symbolic superior landlord (the King). Most of the smallholders’ freeholds were converted to bail privé post-Revolution. Other lands can be converted to Private Lands by government action. For example, homesteads can be applied for on Crown Lands, which will convert to bail privé when the homestead is granted.
  • Bail limité (“Limited lease”): This is “ownership” with limitations. Used in special circumstances, this is mostly seen in instances when Crown Lands are being given to a non-governmental entity for use. The most familiar example would be housing estates in Saintonge. Housing estates would be built on Crown Land (lands either under bail national or bail publique) and are converted into Limited Lands (Terres limitées) under a bail limité held by the owner of the house (ex. for single-family homes) or the association of inhabitants of the building (ex. for apartments and multi-family housing estates). The most common limitations in a bail limité include the “right of first refusal” for the government when selling the property. This means that the government (in practice, the housing authority) will have the first chance to buy the property if the owner decides to sell it. Rent controls such as the Chassard Law also use the bail limité as its basis for imposing limitations on use of the property. The rough counterpart of bail limité in allodial land systems is the concept of easements, wherein there are some restrictions on the use of the property that is carried with the title.
These ‘leases’ became embedded in Santonian real estate parlance. For instance, the 1801 Santonian Cadastral Law (Loi Cadastrale) set up a uniform property register (cadastre) in each department. Like a latter-day Livre de Recensement de Saintonge, the entire country was mapped out and surveyed, and the individual plots of land and their boundaries were drawn. In the appendix to the cadastre, the type of lease in each plot of land was indicated. In practice, with regards to land, ‘lease’ in Saintonge is the same as ‘owns’. Land ‘ownership’ works the same way in Saintonge as in other countries, Saintonge just has this unique convoluted fluffy way of going about it.

So after all of this, do you really own your real property in Saintonge? Yes and no. Just think of it as your duty as a Santonian citizen!

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

MVOicil.png

#Explainer #ExplainerVideo #AskAboutAnything #Câblé #Culture #Sport #Language
Why does Saintonge call it "Handegg"?
222.5K views • 17 March 2024

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

O7uonRj.png
Câblé Magazine
4.8M subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Why does Saintonge call it "Handegg"?

Some see it as silly, but in Saintonge, the sport that other countries might call Gojan football or gridiron football, is called main d’œuf or "handegg". Caël (@Caël_Boënnec) explains why.

Ask your burning questions on @CâbléExplains on Twitcher!

2.8K comments
hbhAYxo.png

Thorbjørn @Thor+4012 asks, “Why does Saintonge call it ‘handegg’?

In Saintonge, Gojan football or gridiron football, is called main d’œuf. “Hand of egg” in literal translation. Handegg. The sport’s official governing body in Saintonge even uses the name: Fédération saintongeaise de main d'oeuf (FSMO) – Santonian Handegg Federation.

Handegg isn’t really popular in Saintonge until recently. Based on surveys in the previous decades, handegg ranks sixth or seventh in popularity for team sports, behind football, volleyball, ice hockey, baseball, and basketball. Handegg in Saintonge only has a one-tier professional league with 12 teams. Contrast that to football’s league system with multiple professional tiers; even the considerably less popular ice hockey now has a three-tiered professional league system.

Abroad, what’s called Gojan football or football Goyanais only took off in Saintonge in the 1980s. It’s called as such because of the sport’s popularity in Goyanes. Football has always been Saintonge’s most popular sport, and the introduction of this 'weird' kind of 'football' initially made the new sport the butt of jokes and focus of humor. One popular joke was that it’s a ‘football’ that doesn’t use the foot much and instead uses the hands more; and the ball isn’t a ball but an egg that must be fragile because it must be protected. “Main d’œuf” became the pejorative term for it, as “ballon-main” is the Santonian term for handball.

When the sport was being organized in the 1980s, handegg’s federation filed for registration in 1985 at Saintonge’s trademark office. The very established and very popular federation for football, the Santonian Football Federation (Fédération saintongeaise de football, FSF), objected to the use of “football” to describe the sport. FSF’s position was that it was ‘confusing’ to use the same term for a ‘completely different’ sport. Even “football Goyanais” was unacceptable for the FSF.

The Santonian trademark office asked the handegg federation to come up with an alternative name that did not contain the word “football”. Both “ballon-main” and “rugby” were all also out as options as organisations for these sports existed already.

Around that time, the players themselves were reclaiming and reappropriating (détournement) the word “main d’œuf” or handegg. Vincent-Thomas Lombard, one of the pioneers of the sport, started proudly calling it “main d’œuf”. Initially deemed as a hyper-masculine sport, one of its main sponsors was the razor company Gilet. It was one of Gilet’s widespread commercial campaigns in 1986 featuring the sport that cemented the name – and the sport – in the Santonian popular mind. The ad referenced the jokey name “main d’œuf”: “the sport for real men” is “tough and nothing to laugh at.” (It harks back to Gilet’s tagline that it is “the razor for real men”.) Because of the popularity of the term, the federation then decided to officially adopt “main d’œuf” as the sport's name in Saintonge – and so the federation was registered as Fédération saintongeaise de main d'oeuf (FSMO).

Curiously, in Ultramont, the sport is called football Goyanais, even though they also speak Santonian. This is because the sport arrived independently in that country. Other Santonian-speaking countries may call the sport differently.

With the upcoming World League of Gojan Football, it is expected that interest in the sport picks up. Saintonge’s FSMO is fielding a team for the league, where fourteen countries are participating.

So there you have it, in Saintonge, Gojan football is called handegg. If you want to watch more explainer videos click like and subscribe to Câblé. If you have burning questions you want us to answer, twitch to us @CâbléExplains on Twitcher or Facegram!

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

dHG63fR.png

#ExploringMontarc #BasLorges #SantPau
Exploring Sant-Pau: The poorest city in Montarc?
9,445,212 views • 28 August 2024

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

fxr4tmY.png
Urban Nomad
6.7 M subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Often regarded as one of the most dangerous cities in Iteria, Sant-Pau is a misunderstood and derelict place home to more than 336,000 people. The once-thriving metropolis was a light of hope for the otherwise underdeveloped Miègjorn (inland) region back in the 40s, however it is now a husk of its former self, plagued with organised crime, poverty, disease and drugs. Walking through the narrow city streets, gangs are a common sight, mostly made of children who have dropped out before 13. Falling victim to crime such as robbery is an everyday occurance, as the provincial government does little to nothing about the soaring crime rates that had become synonymous with the city itself.

But I am in Sant-Pau today not only to show its crime ridden nature, but also the hidden gems of it. As one of the rare tourists who were brave (and stupid) enough to visit the city, I've seen that the people of this abandoned town are one of the most welcoming, warm and friendly people I've ever encountered. A unique sense of community born out of necessity ties neighbours together to create strong bonds, the residents of Sant-Pau always watching each other's back. The whole town is like a big, loving family.

I would like to thank my host Alienòr for her hospitality during my stay. All revenue generated from this video will be donated to the Reparacion Sant-Pau organisation with the aim of combatting hunger and homelessness in the city. Donate directly on https://www.reparacionsantpau.mt/far_un_don/ (Montarci Lira only).

Subtitles available in Mercanti, Montarci and Santonian.

#UrbanNomad #ExploringMontarc #SantPau #BasLorges #ReparacionSP

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

ONwWpug.png

#Explainer #ExplainerVideo #AskAboutAnything #Câblé #Sci-fi #Military #Government
What is the Cyberguard?
222.5K views • 17 December 2024

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

O7uonRj.png
Câblé Magazine
6.2M subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

What is the Cyberguard?

We have the appropriate host for that question! Caël (@Caël_Boënnec) explains why.

Ask your burning questions on @CâbléExplains on Twitcher!

3.2K comments
hbhAYxo.png

Perfect question, Lucius! I am Lieutenant Caël Boënnec of the Royal Santonian Cyberguard. Not even kidding. It’s one of my alt lives aside from making videos here for Câblé. My unit is the 271st Boëme Cyberguard Battalion based in the city of Redon, department of the Boëme.

Just what is the Cyberguard?

The Cyberguard is the Royal Santonian Cyber Force’s National Guard equivalent. Let me break it down:

The Royal Santonian Armed Forces has five branches: the traditional three – the Royal Santonian Army, the Royal Santonian Navy, and the Royal Santonian Air Force. Then there are two special branches: the Royal Santonian Cyber Force, and the Royal Santonian Space Force.

The Royal Santonian Cyber Force (Cyberarmée royale saintongeaise) or CARS, is the branch of the military tasked with two main functions.

The first – and the more well-known function – is to partake in cyberwarfare and electronic warfare operations. Things such as defending Saintonge from cyberattacks and state-sponsored hackers, and ensuring that the country’s digital footprint is safe. For example, all Santonian government websites that display the Royal Santonian Cyber Force’s shield is protected by them. The Cyber Force builds up online security and tackles vulnerabilities. In fact, the Santonian government requires that all government websites are satisfactorily accepted by the Cyber Force. The Cyber Force does not do all the online security stuff by itself; instead it tests the websites and databases, seeks and identifies vulnerabilities, informs the website owners, and suggests options to fix them… and then tests them again. It’s a cycle. Saintonge does treat data privacy seriously.

Sometimes the Cyber Force does offensive actions, such as dismantling state-sponsored hacking groups and multinational online crime groups.

The second, less well-known function, is to defend the Saintonge’s offline digital infrastructure – things that keep the Santonian internet working such as undersea cables. In short, the hardware that keeps the stuff running. In this, the traditional branches such as the army and navy are called to assist.

Now onto the National Guard. Saintonge has conscription, called the National Service (Service nationale). All able-bodied citizens, regardless of gender, is conscripted. But National Service isn’t just all about military stuff. Under the National Service includes service under the police, civil defence such as firefighting and ambulance services, and of course, the branches of the military.

Citizens are called up in their home department at eighteen, though this can be deferred up to age 24 for things such as studies and pregnancy. National Servicemen attend basic training for 18 weeks. The first two weeks are common across all services, and this usually includes non-physical stuff such as inculcating patriotism and civic pride, introduction to command structure, committing to democratic ideals, and fostering a sense of community and solidarity. In a way, everyone’s equal in National Service – there is no rich or poor, city boys or rural folk, etc – everyone serves.

So for me, because my registered address was the town of Redon in the Boëme, I got conscripted into the departmental militia of the Boëme. I would be serving alongside people from the same department. My personal experience has been that it was fun – there isn’t really much physical training going on in the first two weeks. More like teambuilding, fun activities.

The next sixteen weeks are specific to the branch that the conscript is serving under. The training forks immediately for those serving under police and civil defence. For those entering the military, there is an eight-week training common to all, and then the last eight weeks will be specific to the branch.

When I did my National Service, I trained at the department’s base in Redon together with the conscripts that will serve under the army, navy, air force, and cyber force. Being a coastal department, the Boëme’s militia has a naval component. It does not have a space force component because we do not have space force facilities; serving under the space force is an option for departments such as the Basses-Alpes where the Alexandrie Space Station is located.

After eight weeks, we were assigned our branches based on our abilities and performance during the first eight weeks. We were also asked to give our preferences, but there was no guarantee that it would be fulfilled. I was chosen to serve in the Cyber Force! Maybe it’s because of my geekiness and computer knowledge?

After the National Service, most conscripts return to civilian life and become reservists. Some conscripts continue the military track to become members of the Royal Santonian Armed Forces. There is a middle ground too! Some conscripts can apply to become part of the National Guard (Garde nationale) – which is the rapidly mobilisable element of the reserves. National Guardsmen are civilians and are reservists like most other conscripts, but they are called first in times of mobilisation.

To be a member of the National Guard, one must apply to the branch where one wants to serve. Typically, it’s the same branch where one did their National Service; but if it’s a different one, then they will need to undergo the specific eight-week training in that branch before applying.

Most people will be surprised to hear that being a National Guardsman is highly-sought after! The application is challenging, and not everyone is let in. As such, it can be a source of pride that one is selected. Full disclosure: I am a National Guardsman! Being a National Guardsman is esteemed in Saintonge; almost the same as being a member of the armed forces.

It’s not just me saying that. Cue this 2020 article from Câblé: “Being a member of Saintonge’s National Guard is highly regarded. The frequent retrainings (every five years for National Guardsmen instead of the usual once-in-a-decade for ordinary reservists) do not deter employers from accepting and hiring National Guardsmen as employees. In fact, the opposite occurs: employers are keener on employing National Guardsmen because they are deemed reliable and loyal. A 1998 social experiment conducted by the University of Saintes sent identical resumés to prospective employers, with only the name and the reservist status changed. The resumés indicating that they were National Guardsmen got called for interviews at rates almost twice more than resumés saying they were ordinary reservists.”

We National Guardsmen also have perks: we enjoy tax deductions throughout our civilian life, and we are entitled to pay when we are mobilised or are in training.

I was lucky I got accepted into the National Guard! Maybe it was also because the Cyber Force component of the Boëme’s National Guard was just being formed and they were in need of people!

And this Cyber Force component of the National Guard is called the Cyberguard! It sounds so sci-fi and all, but no, we don’t fly around in spaceships and wield lightsabres. The Cyberguard is just the name for the rapidly mobilisable reserves for the Royal Santonian Cyber Force. Also, before someone asks: I know how to shoot pew-pews. It’s part of the basic military training.

Prospective National Guard members undertake another 20 weeks of training. Once done with training and we pass the final tests, we will be inducted into the Cyberguard!

We are also organised along military lines. The Boëme’s Cyberguard is organised as a battalion. My home department only has one cyberguard battalion, Saintes has as many as seven. Since the unit is organised as a military unit, we do have officers and ranks too. This is where Reserve Officers come in.

Like for entrance to the National Guard, those who want to become Reserve Officers also apply and are competitively selected. Reserve Officers are meant to staff the officer corps of the reserve militia in cases of total mobilisation. Reserve Officers are also meant to be the intermediate level of officers between the professional military unit and the mobilised militia; it’s created so the militia can easily dovetail into the military organisation in the event of mobilisation.

And again, disclosure: I am a Reserve Officer in the Cyberguard. Reserve Officers typically train in one of the camps of their branch; in my case, I trained at the Cyberwarfare Cantonment at Champmars military camp in Saintes. The training lasted for six months. I was able to reach the rank of lieutenant!

Cyberguardsmen like me live a civilian life and have civilian jobs, like what I do now making videos for Câblé. In the event of a mobilisation, I will be part of the Royal Santonian Cyber Force. Occasionally, however, Reserve Cyberguard Officers like me get called to assist the Royal Santonian Cyber Force in assessing threats to the websites operated by government entities within our home department or territory. Three months ago (and the Cyberguard allowed me to disclose this), we advised the mayor of Redon to beef up security in the city’s website. That issue has since been fixed. Things like this, being able to help my community and society makes me feel proud to be a Cyberguard!

If you want to watch more explainer videos click like and subscribe to Câblé. If you have burning questions you want us to answer, twitch to us @CâbléExplains on Twitcher or Facegram!

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

2gScOpx.png

#Lega1 #LasFinals #CondorcetVSGrifons
(5-3) Grifons Sagranc vs. Condorcet Duolfo: 90+4 Full Match
32,550,242 views • 29 August 2024

8C5sAQd.png
1.1M
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

J8lUkFF.png
LegaTV
8.56M subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Watch the full Grifons Sagranc vs. Condorcet Duolfo FC match (29/08/2024) for free on LegaTV's Viedéo channel and on LegaTV's official website at legatv.mt/vidèos. Watch this match and all the upcoming matches for Lega1, Lega Junior, Copa Nacional and more live on ESPÒRT+, now only £3.99 for a month's subscription.

Grifons Sagranc have defeated their long-time rivals Condorcet Duolfo in a surprising turn of events, scoring three goals in the first 40 minutes, five in total. Star player and centre midfielder Abrèu Peisriud carried his team to victory at Condorcet's home stadium Auvòtz Arena in L'Espitalièr, Duolfo, thus Grifons Sagranc securing first place for 2024 Lega 1. Commentated by Salvador Gòdgell and Pèiar Baiadoça in Montarci, subtitles available for Santonian and Mercanti.

Condorcet Duolfo will be facing FC Los Segadors at its home stadium on Saturday to compete for the second place at 19:45 Montarc Eastern Time/20:45 Montarc Western Time.

Lega1 is sponsored by Bet.com, Montarc's #1 trusted sports betting platform for football, basketball and horse racing. Sign up today using the link bet.com/legapromo for a 50% welcome bonus on your first bet.

#GrifonsSagranc #CondorcetDuolfo #Lega1 #BolaD'Aur #LasFinals

ZftOIYa.png

rthAFR3.png

#Explainer #ExplainerVideo #AskAboutAnything #Câblé #Science #Saintonge #Curiosities
Why is it so hard to find deodorant in Saintonge?
111.5K views • 24 November 2023

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

O7uonRj.png
Câblé Magazine
1.2M subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Why is it so hard to find deodorant in Saintonge?

Caël delves into this seemingly silly question and falls into a rabbit hole of random trivia!

1.8K comments
hbhAYxo.png

@bee_oh_my asks Why is it so hard to find deodorant in Saintonge?

Simple answer: Santonians don’t need it!

It seems like it’s simply a problem in trying to find your favourite personal product in Santonian store shelves. But this rabbit hole is deeper and becomes interesting as we dig further.

Santonians don’t need deodorant not because they like to be stinky and smelly. In fact, Santonians love to smell good, as testified by the centuries-old perfume industry in Saintonge. Saintonge is one of the world’s centres of the perfume industry, especially in the Griffonné and Aunis. Santonians have used bristle toothbrushes since the 11th century. Use of scented soaps were noted by the Umbrials who arrived in the 4th century.

So if Santonians like to smell good, why don’t they use deodorant? It’s because Santonians don’t need it.

To explain this further, let’s dig deeper on the causes of body odour, or bromhidrosis in scientific terms. There are many factors contributing to the development of body odour; and I will be explaining the major ones.

You might have noticed that body odour becomes stronger after sweating, or if you haven’t washed. This is because body odour is caused by bacteria on your skin breaking down acids and other substances in sweat to form "odoriferous compounds" a.k.a. stuff that causes body odour. So if you had sweated, you have more of those substances; if you hadn’t bathed, there are a lot of bacteria on your skin.

There are two types of sweat glands – eccrine glands and apocrine glands. Eccrine glands produce sweat that are mostly composed of water and electrolytes. This helps in cooling off or “thermoregulation”. Apocrine glands get activated during puberty and produce sweat that aside from water and electrolytes, it also contains acids and the substances that the bacteria love to feast on to produce the smelly body odour compounds. Apocrine glands are also more concentrated in some parts of the body, such as the armpits and the groin… you know, the stinky areas.

Sweat is actually odourless. Only after the bacteria on the skin act on it will it then smell. So the final distinctive smell of an individual also depends on the kinds of substances in their sweat, the type of bacteria on their skin, and what these bacteria do with the substances present in the sweat.

What does this have to do with deodorant and why Santonians don’t need it?

Santonians don’t need deodorant because they are mutants!

That might have been the most random sentence you have heard in this channel so far, but it’s true. In 2011, researchers at the University of Saintes published a study that implicates a mutation in the ABCC11 gene to the relative lack of body odour. ABCC11 was initially reported in 2006 to be implicated in your type of earwax: those that have a mutation tend to have dry, flaky earwax, while those that don’t have tend to have wet or damp earwax.

The researchers in Saintes found out that ABCC11 is a gene that makes a protein involved in the release of substances into the apocrine gland. So if you have a mutant – or defective – ABCC11 gene, you don’t release as much substances into the apocrine sweat… therefore less stuff for the bacteria to feed on and therefore less body odour compounds produced! Mutant people aren’t completely odour-free, it’s just that they produce less stink.

It was found out that ABCC11 mutations are widespread throughout the ethnic Santonian population. 99% of Bethanians, for instance, were found to have mutant ABCC11 genes; with the lowest being the province of Beyre, with 87% having the mutant gene.

Historical records also bear out this observation. A 12th century Prydanian saga said that “In the land of the saint, people can’t be smelt.” An 18th century adventurer from Craviter wrote, “The great unwashed masses of Saintes don’t reek, but they seethe.”

During the 19th century, a harbourmaster in what is now Deva (Oklusia) wrote to his assistant in the port log, ostensibly referring to ship smells: “The winds will let you know whose ship is coming. Except the Santonians. Beware of the Santonians. The winds will not indicate they are coming.”

Why and how did Santonians become so… odourless?

A team of population geneticists, cultural anthropologists, medical doctors, and historians teamed up in a recent 2023 paper published in the journal Anthropologie médicale summarising what is known in the literature and hypothesising the reasons why.

The ethnic Santonian population carry two distinct ABCC11 mutations, the so-called “Bethanian mutation” and the “Umbrial mutation”. The “Bethanian mutation”, while seen at high rates throughout Saintonge, is most prevalent in Bethany and in areas where Galtic tribes lived, such as in central Saintonge. The “Umbrial mutation” is also present throughout Saintonge, but at a much lower rate than the “Bethanian mutation”. The “Bethanian mutation”, scientifically called p.G180R, abolishes the protein – meaning the ABCC11 product does not exist and does not function in the apocrine glands. In the “Umbrial mutation”, scientifically called p.R630W, the protein still exists but is much less efficient in releasing substances into the sweat.

Molecular clock studies indicate the “Bethanian mutation” to be older, appearing around 40,000 years ago and was subject to a considerable founder effect because the Galtics were also immigrants in what is now Saintonge.

The “Umbrial mutation” was estimated to have arisen around 22,000 years ago and was also subject to a founder effect as it was believed to be carried by the Umbrials who arrived in Saintonge in the 4th century AD. This is supported by the fact that the “Umbrial mutation” is present at a rate consistent with the spread of Umbrials from Saintes outwards. Given that the Umbrials who settled in Saintes were co-religionists from the same area, it is likely that they are part of the same source population and thus many of them share the same mutation too.

Further evidence is supplied by inhabitants of the province of Ombrie, where the other Umbrial tribe in Saintonge used to live. People from the Ombire mostly have the “Bethanian mutation”. This supports the theory that the "Umbrial mutation" was carried by the Umbrial arrivals in the 4th century to Saintes.

On another interesting tangent, the spread of the mutation also gives insights on the ancestry of the Santonian people. For example, Bethanians in Bethany and Domnonée have negligible rates - less than 2% - of carrying the "Umbrial mutation". This is consistent with these two provinces' history. Bethany and Domnonée were both petty kingdoms; these were 'perpetually allied states' that descended from the tribes of the Bethonic Confederation that the Santones tribe used to belong to. As part of this longstanding alliance with the emerging kingdom of Saintonge, the two kingdoms were allowed some degree of autonomy. This includes the provision that only Bethanians could be a 'member of the tribe' and thus own property in those provinces. This meant that Bethany and Domnonée did not allow incoming migration. Thus, the "Umbrial mutation" did not spread that much into Bethany.

Now, going back to ABCC11. The researchers also hypothesised that the ABCC11 mutations reducing body odour became subject to extreme positive selection pressure. To put it simply, those that have the mutation (and are thus relatively odourless) are deemed to be more sexually attractive and therefore produced more offspring. Eventually the mutants became common in the population!

Santonian culture and its obsession with smelling good reflects this, the anthropologists said in the study. Stinky and smelly people are a turn-off in Santonian culture, still to this today. Historians had also uncovered lots of evidence for this. In the 15th century, an heir to the duchy of the Beauce rejected an arranged marriage because the prospective bride was ‘foetid’. Ooooh, very harsh! In another case, a 1755 invitation letter for a ball for a débutante in the Pouilles states “a prospective partner must be clean, hygienic, and good-smelling.” Clearly in Saintonge, stinky isn’t sexy.

It seemed that cleanliness and smelling good is associated with health in Saintonge… well that might also explain Saintonge’s circumcision culture. We’ll get to that in another video. Conversely, body odour is associated with bad hygiene or bad health.

A Prydanian traveller writing in 1760 said that “As I walking down the streets of the town, the townsfolk avoided me like the plague. People covered their faces and went to the other side of the street, as if I was bringing some sort of contagion. The kind-hearted innkeeper explained that I only needed to take a refreshing bath and Santonians will treat me like a person again.”

As for the origin of this clean-and-smell-nice Santonian obsession, anthropologists and historians have yet to find out. One theory is that because the Bethanians, Umbrials, and the other ancestors of the Santonians arrived via ships, not smelling or stinking was a positive trait. Because sailing ships are notoriously filthy! Sailors and ship passengers don’t bathe a lot (you have to conserve water!). Being less odorous will probably be advantageous to you getting a mate! It’s also essential for the survival of your shipmates!

Now don’t these mutations have a bad effect? It must be emphasised that while mutations may cause disease or illness, others don't and may even drive evolution. No bad effects or ill impacts have been reported for these particular ABCC11 mutations. No disease had been associated with it. Some evidence points out to differences in how the mutants react to medications such as chemotherapy drugs. It seems like this is one of the evolutionary mutations.

All of this meant that Saintonge doesn’t have a big market for deodorants. Anti-perspirants, yes; deodorants, no. Before the advent of modern stuff, Santonians used alum salts as anti-perspirants. Anti-perspirants work in a different way by plugging the sweat glands – preventing them from releasing sweat. Deodorants either just neutralise or mask the odor. So there just seemed to be no need for deodorants for most ethnic Santonians – hence it’s difficult to find deodorants on Santonian store shelves. We do have anti-perspirants though, wet armpits are also kinda icky in Santonian culture.

If you want to watch more explainer videos click like and subscribe to Câblé. If you have burning questions you want us to answer, twitch to us @CâbléExplains on Twitcher or Facegram!

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

DQMjpZi.png

#AskMeAnything #Fun
Ask me Anything!
307.4K views • 01 September 2024

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

jmr5FJe.png
Caël Boënnec
99.9K subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Hi! It's Caël and welcome to my first 'Ask Me Anything'!

In this stream, I'm going to answer questions from Twitcher and from the live chatbox! The one-hour stream starts at 7:00 PM 1 September 2024.

1.8K comments
hbhAYxo.png

Hello guys, I’m Caël and welcome to my Viedéo channel. Today I am going to answer your questions that were sent via @CâbléExplains and my personal Twitcher account @Caël_Boënnec. In this “Ask Me Anything” video I am also going to select some question from the live chat at the right-hand side of the screen and answer them. Thanks to Câblé Magazine for letting me organize this on my own channel and promoting it there!

First off, Éleonore @ellen_degenerates asks, “Who are you?”

I hope that is said in a nice tone, haha. My name is Caël Boënnec, I’m 25 and I’m originally from Redon in Bethany. Komz bethoneg a ran… (pauses) oh my god the chatbox is lighting up. People don’t think I’m 25 (laughs).

@Pauline557 says in chat “BABYFACE!”

(laughs) Yep, I do get that comment a lot. Before I became… uh… somewhat well-known, I frequently get “carded”. Last time I got carded was two months ago: the salesperson at the Les Galleries department store asked for ID when I was buying a knife set as a housewarming gift. Fun times. Apparently babyface runs in the family. My uncles say they used to experience that too.

Speaking of my fam, @melon_musk asked on Twitcher “Rumour has it that you are the heir to Interflix. Is it true?”

Just because I’m Bethanian, doesn’t mean that I am the heir to the most famous Bethanian company. But uhhh… yes, I do come from that family (chuckles). My mother’s side, the Kegelins, started and still own Interflix, one the world's largest video-on-demand streaming service. I’m not technically the heir, as the company is held in trust for the family. My uncle Thibault is the one who’s really into the company right now. Uncle Thibault is the older brother of my mum, hence we don’t share the same surname. He’s a cool uncle.

“Why are you working?” asks @justins_costumes in the chat.

Why wouldn’t I be working? (chuckles) It’s not as if I’m swimming in money. I'm not a trust fund baby. My parents live modestly and taught us to do the same. My dad used to work at an Interflix store. In the eighties and nineties, Interflix used to be a video rental store, where you physically borrow tapes and DVDs of movies and shows… just like borrowing books from a library. Interflix was my dad’s day job, while he had a side hustle of acting minor roles in TV and theater. My dad eventually became the manager of an Interflix branch in Redon and that’s when he met my mum, who was being trained in the family business in the 1990s. He made it clear that he wasn’t interested in my mum’s money and said that if they get married, they would live within their means. They maintained that principle in their married life and taught it to us.

On Twitcher, @larry_the_cable_guy asks “How did you get your job at the magazine?”

I studied Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Bethany, and I interned at Câblé Magazine after graduation. Câblé is a Santonian general-interest online magazine, although it has its focus on technology and digital life. At that time of my internship, Câblé was looking for Bethanian-speaking staff so they could have a Bethanian-language section of the website. I think, I guess, they liked me enough? The arrangement is kinda unusual – I’m not technically their employee, I’m a self-employed contractor. Now, before you call the Ministry of Labour, this arrangement was mutually agreed upon. They give me projects and ask me what I need. For example, the explainer videos.

See, each explainer video gets recorded in three versions: Santonian, Bethanian, and Mercanti. I do all three versions. They send me the questions that I would answer and they send resources for researching the content and even filming resources. Sometimes I do filming at their office in Saintes or I do it myself at home in Redon. I do the translations myself because some stuff don’t translate well by machine. Then Câblé gives me editing and publication support. Câblé and I share control and copyright over the content we create, same with the profits.

Câblé and I have future projects in the pipeline which I hope will take off and you guys would watch!

“Did you expect to become viral”? asks @monkeyfox on Twitcher.

Honestly, I didn’t. I thought I was just putting together and narrating explainer videos for some of the burning questions that people have wondered about but can’t find satisfactory answers to. Like, why is it called ‘handegg’ in Saintonge?

My first video was “What is Bethanian?” wherein I explained to the wider Santonian and global audience about the existence of my people and my language. It took off about one week after it was posted. Paradoxically, it gained a lot of traction within the Bethanian corner of the internet. And then soon afterwards the next videos were gaining thousands to tens of thousands of views – and increasing.

I feel incredibly blessed with this success and I want to thank everybody for helping me reach this. I’m glad people are enjoying our content and deriving knowledge from it.

“What do you like most about working at Câblé?” asks @happy_hour_15.

I like that Câblé gives me a lot of creative freedom. Like I said, they give their creatives a lot of leeway when it comes to making stuff. The copyright issues and profit-sharing are also very favourable to creators. I consider myself lucky I got in.

Okay, off to another line of questioning here, @milly_cha was asking if I had done my National Service. Could be related because people don’t think I’m 25, they ask if I had done my National Service? And at twitcher @judy_man asks “Are you the same Boënnec guy at the 271e CG Boëme?? A Lt. Boënnec?”

YES!! Yes, I am that Boënnec guy. I don’t know what your name is, but I will DM you afterwards. For the rest of the audience, the “271e CG Boëme” is the 271st Boëme Cyberguard Battalion. It’s a National Guard unit from my home department, the Boëme. The Cyberguard is the National Guard equivalent of the Royal Santonian Cyber Force. I’m a reservist in the Santonian military.

I did my National Service straight out of high school. Being some sort of a computer and gaming nerd, I tried out at the newly-formed cyberguard unit within the reserve militia of the Boëme. I finished with the rank of Lieutenant. Then I then went to university afterwards.

I feel that @judy_man is probably someone I met while in service. Drop me a line and maybe we can meet each other here in Redon!

@santonianness asks “Your name does not sound Santonian. What is the origin of your name?”

My name Caël is from the Bethanian language. This could be the subject of a video! The patron saint of my hometown is named Saint Caël. The Redon Cathedral is dedicated to Saint Caël, an obscure saint who worked as a Messianist missionary from the area. Saint Caël was martyred by headhunters during the 6th century in what is now Iteria. His shrunken head is actually a venerated relic in the Cathedral!

Also, the royal island off the coast of Redon is dedicated to him, the “royal town” of Mont-Saint-Caël.

“What do you do in your free time?” asks @amala_aries over in Twitcher.

I’m a geeky nerd, really. I love playing video games. #NotAnAd but I love Antinomy games. Not a promotion. Fists of Iron 4 is my favourite. And yes, I had picked up Kyle de Spycker.

I’m also into sports manager games, so Football Manager and Ice Hockey Manager are some of my most-played games too.

Speaking of sports, @its_theotime asks “What sport do you play? I think I have seen you play ice hockey.”

Yes, @its_theotime, I am – or was – a frustrated ice hockey player. That’s like literally the few times where nepotism failed me, ha! Just kidding. Anyway, my Uncle Thibault was one of the founders and sponsors of the Requins de Saint-Océan ice hockey team. It was created partly to give Prydanian refugees and lower-income Santonians opportunities to play ice hockey. Ice hockey is very popular in Prydania, and during the 2000s and 2010s, a lot of Prydanian refugees arrived in Saintonge.

Uncle Thibault got me into the then-amateur team where I learned to play ice hockey. I think it’s because they also needed Santonians in the group to help the Pyrdanians integrate. Also as a warm body on the ice, I guess. I was a plug! (laughs) Seriously, those Prydanian kids were way better than me. I was just an amateur player within the Requins system. The Requins had a semi-professional team at the top; I had never reached that level. Now they’re going professional, and I’ll be rooting for them. Also, that logo is sick.

Anyway, I went back to ice hockey in university, where I tried out and made it to the University of Bethany’s ice hockey team. I was a Stoat! That’s our team name.

I also dabbled in handegg, but I liked ice hockey more.

In the chat, @austin_matthieux asks, “What hockey position do you play?”

I was a right-handed defensive defenceman. But like I said, I wasn’t as good as the others. I was at most a bottom-pair defenceman. Even on the Stoat team. I think I got a place because right-handed defencemen are a rare species of ice hockey player!

Anyway, I still do play amateurly and join in some pickup games or so. It’s also where I can still practice my rudimentary Prydanian, which I learned from hanging around Prydanian children. Half of my vocabulary is probably cuss words though!

@luxy asks in Twitcher, “Are you single?”

Heh. I actually am single. Not looking for anyone now though, I want to become financially stable first before I get into relationships and build a family.

On Twitcher, @love_facials asks “What is your skincare routine?”

Uhhh… I don’t have a skincare routine? I just wash my face with soap twice a day. Omg the comment section is blowing up again… “brag about being naturally blessed with beautiful skin...” Hey, I’m not bragging! I’m just saying I wash my face twice a day and that’s it. I’m a guy and I am totally ignorant of skincare routines haha.

@barbae says in chat, “Not even shaving and post-shave routine?”

Well… you see… I’m one of those guys with a natural inability to grow a full beard. Not even a moustache. Nuh-uh. I just cannot get one. So instead of a half-baked beard I just go clean-shaven. But because my facial hear grows reeeeally slowly I only have to shave like every three days or so. Five o’clock shadow more like three-day shadow. When I do shave, I just wash my face afterwards. Nothing fancy.

@gudrun_ramzi asks on Twitcher, “What is your favourite food?”

Oh I love Kyle’s sausages. Stick ‘em in buns, mmmm. For those not in the know, Kyle’s sausages are a specialty of my home province of Bethany. It’s very thick and juicy and yummy!

It also brings some sort of nostalgia to me. Back to my childhood and to my hometown. Kyle’s sausages in buns are a staple beach food in western Bethany. Having one makes me feel right at home or feel like I’m on the beach.

“How about more specific – cheese?” says @aiden_cheese on the chat.

For cheese… I like Douvres cheese. Doesn’t go well with Kyle’s sausages though, but I put Douvres in my salads and pasta.

On Twitcher, @Kirsten_Cinema asks “What is your favourite movie?”

I tend to have a recency bias when it comes to these things. I love movies that have historical content and social significance. Uhh… can I have three? Three films come to mind. I might inadvertently include spoilers, so apologies in advance.

First is Les Possessions de Lesprée, set in the 17th century and takes place in a fictional town of Lesprée. The town suffers a mass hysteria due to demonic possessions. It’s not a scary movie per se, but there are some scary scenes. It’s neither a parody nor a comedy, but is a tongue-in-cheek critique of relevant current social issues while set in the past. It’s a deep movie, and sometimes you don’t be able to immediately recognise the meaning and thoughts and ideas it wants to impart.

Second is La Messe Noire, which is – surprise! – another historical-themed movie. In this case it is a semi-fictionalised account of the Black Mass in the Black Cathedral of Loudun (yes it indeed happen historically) during the Santonian Revolution. Not to be a spoiler – since it is indeed history – the Black Mass happened with the anticlerical (and some say Satanist) Duke of the Sologne forced the Bishop of Loudun to re-enact, mockingly, the Stations of the Cross and ended up with the bishop being crucified in front of the Black Cathedral of Loudun. Then the Duke of the Sologne desecrated the cathedral by presiding over a “Black Mass”, with details too graphic to be included – my channel might get banned! It’s a 2012 film, but I was only able to watch it a few years ago because it had a “Restricted” rating due to its graphic nature. It scores highly because of its cinematography and production.

And to round up my top three it’s Penn-ar-Bed, which is a Bethanian-language film set in the 19th century about Bethanian seafarers and the women back home waiting for them. I won’t spoil it because I want you guys to watch it! Even though the language in the film is Bethanian, it has Santonian subtitles.

On chat, @flixative asks, “Since you’re the Interflix heir, and you can’t be unbiased…”

Hey I just said that I am not THE Interflix heir! But yeah, okay I won’t be biased…

“…what is your most recommended non-Interflix series?”

This one’s easy. Definitely La Reine Reticente. Good story, good production value.

There are still a lot of questions, but we’re running out of time. We’ll reserve that in the next AMA! If you’re still with me, thank you very much for listening! If you like my content, please subscribe to my channel. I very much appreciate it!

Last edited:
ZftOIYa.png

TAJo0A6.png

#Explainer #ExplainerVideo #AskAboutAnything #Câblé #Science #Saintonge #Space
Why has Saintonge not sent a man on the moons?
203.6K views • 19 Jan 2024

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

O7uonRj.png
Câblé Magazine
2.8M subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Why has Saintonge not sent a man on the moons? Does it mean that Saintonge scientifically behind other countries?

1.3K comments
hbhAYxo.png

Hi, I am Caël and I am here at Alexandrie Space Station to answer a question from @melon_musk : “Why has Saintonge not sent a person on the moons?”

Interesting question! We tend to view Saintonge as a scientifically advanced country, one of the leaders in many scientific fields. One of the benchmarks of scientific advancement is space exploration. Some countries had made putting a person to space, or on the moon, a scientific goal to achieve.

The first country to land a person on the moon was Goyanes in 1980. In the decades afterwards, other countries also landed on Lune and Lun. Saintonge did not.

Despite Saintonge being one of the most advanced countries when it comes to the field of astronomy, Saintonge did not land a person on the moons. Did Saintonge lack the knowledge to do so?

Actually, the answer was not related to science or Saintonge’s scientific capabilities. It was down to political will. The will to fund scientific endeavours.

Saintonge’s space agency is called Institut saintongeais d'aéronomie spatial (ISAS), organised under the Ministry of Defence. It was established by the so-called “Space Law” passed in 1961 by the 39th Santonian Parliament during the tenure of Prime Minister Émile-François Delétraz. The “Space Law” essentially institutionalised the Royal Santonian Air Force’s ad hoc programmes in going beyond the atmosphere.

The leaps in aeronautics brought about by the Great War were being started to be put into use. These advancements trickled to Saintonge despite it being a neutral country. With the fear of weaponisation and militarisation of space, the Royal Santonian Air Force started work on aeronomy programmes in the 1950s. This culminated in the passage of the Space Law, which was heavily backed by then-Defence Minister Marc-Thibault Coldefy (National) and Science and Technology Minister Anselm-Fabrice Dernoncourt (National).

The first breakthrough that the Santonian space programme had was the launch of Saintonge’s first orbital satellite, Ange in 1970. Ange was launched from Alexandrie Rocket Station (now Alexandrie Space Station). The city of Alexandrie (Basses-Alpes), where I am right now, is located at the intersection of the Prime Meridian and thirty degrees north latitude. This is an ideal spot from which to launch rockets and satellites.

Saintonge’s space efforts were mostly centred on scientific discoveries on the civilian side and national defence on the military side. Santonian rockets and satellites tend to contain instruments and detectors, rather than living animals or experiment setups to determine the feasibility of sending people to space. Radiation detectors aboard Santonian satellites were the first to discover and characterise the planet’s magnetosphere. Santonian satellites were also one of the first to send back footage of weather patterns. The thrust for a space telescope was readily apparent even in the 1970s: in 1975, the ISAS asked for budget appropriations to develop and build a space telescope. Sadly, it did not get the money it needed.

Because Santonian experiments tended to focus on information-gathering and data-producing activities, the Santonian space programme became technologically advanced in satellite data transmission, space observation, and related fields. Thus, programmes such as the Système mondial de positionnement (SMP)*, a satellite-based radionavigation system, were conceived. The SMP was first proposed and started development in 1972.

Saintonge even mulled sending people to space in 1974. However, the SMP system and the rest of the Santonian space programmes hit a hurdle.

In the 1970s, Saintonge’s economy was not doing well. The country was running a large budget deficit. In 1975, a Liberal-Radical government of Prime Minister Charles-Martin Perrier des Jarlais was elected. The Perrier des Jarlais government promised to balance the budget, lower taxes, and slash ‘wasteful’ government programmes.

One of the programmes the Perrier de Jarlais government targeted as ‘wasteful’ were programmes under the Ministry of Defence. ISAS budgets were slashed from 1975 onwards. Radical Science and Technology Minister Victor-François Mergérard once famously said on the floor of the National Assembly: “What are you going to do if you put a man on the moon? Plant a flag there?”

Indeed, ISAS was almost abolished in 1976 if not for the intervention of Liberal deputy Maximin-Brice Lecalabart, who represented the cities of Novale and Alexandrie in the National Assembly. Lecalabart led a backbench rebellion to force the Perrier des Jarlais government to retain ISAS and other assorted programmes.

Though some of its funding was restored, it suffered serious budget cuts. ISAS then had to prioritise its programmes wisely. Sending a man to space – or to the moon for that matter – went on the backburner. On the flip side, SMP satellite navigation was one of the programmes saved by dropping the other priorities. Among Santonian astronomy and aeronomy circles, people joke that “Saintonge forwent going to space in favour of knowing where they are on Eras.”

The space telescope project also was halted in 1977, but ISAS transferred the remaining funding to explore sending probes into deep space instead. Details and plans for space probes were drawn up but not built because of lack of funding.

The funding drought did not last long. The Perrier des Jarlais government lost power in the 1985 elections and was replaced by a National government of Arnaud-Gauthier Laënnec. By the 1980s, Saintonge’s economy was also out of the doldrums. Money for space programmes was again available.

The Laënnec government restored funding to ISAS programmes. ISAS was able to complete the initial 24 SP-1 satellites for the SMP in 1990. The first of the Voyageur and Pionnier series of space probes were launched in 1986 and 1990, respectively. These space probes brought us gorgeous pictures of the other planets and moons within our solar system, and more importantly, data about them.

One of the things that the ISAS had learned was to be financially independent and not bound to the whims of the government of the day. Thus, in 1992, ISAS sought and received approval for the SMP to be available to the general public – with a fee. The SMP programme charges small licensing fees to equipment manufacturers that install SMP receivers in their gadgets. These include mobile phones, cars, and navigation equipment. Indeed, The SMP programme had paid for itself several times over, enabling ISAS to improve the service and launch other services such as satellite communications.

Because of Saintonge’ expertise in satellite operations and communications, it was one of the first countries to have satellite telephones. Satellite phones work by transmitting data through satellites, instead of through a network of land-based cell towers like what our usual mobile phone network does. Saintonge’s satellite communications network, called Santelcom, started operating in 1994 for the Santonian military and government.

Like SMP, it also proved useful for civilian use. A separate satellite telephony system for civilian use, called Telsat, was unveiled in 2000 as Saintonge’s satellite network increased. With its explosive growth, Santelcom/Telsat was spun off from the SMP programme in 2005.

The defence-related aspects of ISAS were mostly transformed into the Royal Santonian Space Force (Force spatiale royale saintongeaise, FSRS) in 2015. ISAS remained suborned to FSRS, an unusual situation in which a civilian agency is organised under a military one.

The money raised enabled the ISAS to launch the Taxandre space telescope in 2007. Plante was launched in 2018. Despite the Coalition government of Jean-Louis Hauteclocque de Champtoceaux also slashing funding from 2015 to 2019, ISAS remained able to pursue its scientific endeavours… endeavours that helped us have satellite communications and navigation systems on our mobile phones!

OOC Note: *SMP is like the GPS.

ZftOIYa.png

P4BCTzU.png

#C'hoarioù
Adwelet ar c'hoarioù !
90 views • 17 August 2014

8C5sAQd.png
C14J9Cf.png
CybY7RO.png

kWW1v7e.png
Caël Boënnec
30 subscribers •
XvZW3aI.png

Hi it's me Caël! Me and my friend Fintann review games and toys today!

translated from Bethanian by
f6gHEkH.png

2 comments
hbhAYxo.png

OOC Notes: Adwelet ar c'hoarioù ! = Bethanian for "Games review"

Last edited:
Back