The Disappointed Father
-
TNP Nation
Oracle
Discord
Hyperion#1325
vd_seal.png

Security Council Public Comment Forum

In the past, there have been comments made that there are concerns and questions regarding actions taken by the Security Council. To make the Council more directly accessible to the citizenship, I am opening a public comment forum for citizens who wish to ask questions or raise concerns in a public forum to be addressed by the Security Council. Please post below in this thread with anything you would like to discuss with the Security Council and a member of the Council will respond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Artemis, are there any goals or targets for the RMB posts per month? Looks like most SC members are posting at least once a month, but a couple are not posting at all.

Thanks!

Hi @Artemis, are there any goals or targets for the RMB posts per month? Looks like most SC members are posting at least once a month, but a couple are not posting at all.

Thanks!
Unofficially there are no goals or targets set for the RMB post per month. Though it is encouraged for members of the Security Council to engage with the RMB community regularly.

Unofficially there are no goals or targets set for the RMB post per month. Though it is encouraged for members of the Security Council to engage with the RMB community regularly.
I do think setting goals in this regard is important, especially now that we have a more visible way of tracking this statistic. I do think making a one week quota makes more sense than the per month method suggested by McMasterdonia, if only because that's how the weekly VD report tracks this information. That said, I do think it should remain a goal rather than a requirement, since active RMB posting is an ideal rather than a necessity. Maybe set a baseline of 7/week (aka once daily?). That's a pretty low bar to hit.

I’d like to thank @Marcus Antonius and @Nessuno for being active on the RMB - but where are the rest of you?
I agree that the rest of us can all be more active on the RMB, but I think setting the activity levels of Marcus and Nessie as the standard sets an unrealistic expectation. Nessie posts on average, some 30+ times per day. That's way beyond his duties for the SC, and frankly beyond his duties as Lead Gameside Advocate.

I’d like to thank @Marcus Antonius and @Nessuno for being active on the RMB - but where are the rest of you?
I can't really say this loud but they are preparing a secret plan to take over all of the Pacifics!

Me and @Marcus Antonius are just the baits to distract you guys!

Oh no... They found me, they're here! Hurry, warn the others, it's to late for me!

Thank you. :)

I can't really say this loud but they are preparing a secret plan to take over all of the Pacifics!

Me and @Marcus Antonius are just the baits to distract you guys!

Oh no... They found me, they're here! Hurry, warn the others, it's to late for me!
Oh Nessie! :eyeroll:
You have compromised the 'Plan'.
It's not too late!

OK everybody!
Please look at the Neuralyzer!

208d85e1faf73206f04482b6b6e1c886.gif

Last edited:
I think at least semi-regular RMB posting is important. After all, many (although a decreasing number) of these people are not citizens. The SC chatting there would be good in transforming the TNP government in the minds of these people from an omnipotent, impenetrable organization to an open, beginner- friendly democracy.

I think at least semi-regular RMB posting is important. After all, many (although a decreasing number) of these people are not citizens. The SC chatting there would be good in transforming the TNP government in the minds of these people from an omnipotent, impenetrable organization to an open, beginner- friendly democracy.
I agree.

Looking at last weeks figures, 6 out of 9 of the SC members have made some effort in posting on the RMB.

unknown.png

@El Fiji Grande is also worthy of a mention. Both he and I not only chat to the RMBers but also engage in, currently, one of their activities.

Not to say this isn’t a good goal to have for the SC, but I wouldn’t say the SC is foremost on people’s minds when they think of “the government.” What you’re advocating would be best done by the executive government being more visible. Again, this isn't to say the SC shouldn’t be more visible, but that you appear to be placing more of a burden on the SC to accomplish this idea when their role as the face of the government is far more limited (indeed, I wouldn’t consider the SC to be the face of the government).

For my own part, I post on the RMB when I have something to say or when I feel like something there appeals to me. I tend not to like making random posts for the sake of posting, though now and then I’ll try one out if there’s nothing else for me to work off of, or I haven’t posted in a while. Posting on the RMB has never been something I got in the habit of doing even going back to when I first joined NS. I’ve just always favored more immediate conversation. I definitely would say I feel more of a tug to do this due to our ongoing discussion about it and now the fact that the report includes RMB posts. I really don’t like that number 0 in this context and I definitely stretch myself more to avoid it. So at least as far as I go, that alone is enough of a spur for me to do more.

Not to say this isn’t a good goal to have for the SC, but I wouldn’t say the SC is foremost on people’s minds when they think of “the government.” What you’re advocating would be best done by the executive government being more visible. Again, this isn't to say the SC shouldn’t be more visible, but that you appear to be placing more of a burden on the SC to accomplish this idea when their role as the face of the government is far more limited (indeed, I wouldn’t consider the SC to be the face of the government).
I agree with Ghost's statement, and personally feel that your desire for "transforming the TNP government in the minds of these people" is a role best served by the Gameside Advocates (of which I am one). I would generally agree that more RMB posting on behalf of everyone in regional government would help serve this Home Affairs related goal. I only single out the SC in this capacity since our main responsibility is to restore order in times of regional emergency, and being familiar with RMB regulars is a small part of that.

Hey Security Council, I'm a long-time TNPer of about 4 years and have recently got back into seriously playing NS again. I've applied for citizenship the other day and may consider the Security Council as something of a long term goal to strive for. I've got a few questions about it all:

- What's the best way to increase influence? I peaked at almost 205k back in Jan of 2018 but it's been steadily decreasing to my current of just around 150k. I imagine endorsements and longevity in the region are factors involved.
- As far as activity goes, do most of you consider RMB-side activity to be far more beneficial than that of the TNP forums or discord?
- Do many of you have experience in the raider/defender gameplay in NS?

Last edited:
- What's the best way to increase influence? I peaked at almost 205k back in Jan of 2018 but it's been steadily decreasing to my current of just around 150k. I imagine endorsements and longevity in the region are factors involved.
I can answer this one. You stop gaining influence in GCRs after six months. After that influence can only be gained by WA endorsements.

- As far as activity goes, do most of you consider RMB-side activity to be far more beneficial than that of the TNP forums or discord?
- Do many of you have experience in the raider/defender gameplay in NS?

- Influence isn't honestly a major concern until you are getting close to applying and even then if you have around the minimum to apply for the SC for any extended amount of time influence takes care of itself.

- Its more a totality of the whole. You dont need to be super active in any one area but having some presence in all sectors helps. I myself tend to spend a lot of time around the forum and the RP Discord. Where Nessie spends a lot of his time on the RMB. and so on and so on.

- Its honestly a grab bag. Some of us have Gameplay experience, and some of us don't. Experience with TNP and its quirks is honestly more important. Be involved with the community, take up some time in the ministries, run for office, do some military nonsense if you must, etc etc

- Influence isn't honestly a major concern until you are getting close to applying and even then if you have around the minimum to apply for the SC for any extended amount of time influence takes care of itself.

- Its more a totality of the whole. You dont need to be super active in any one area but having some presence in all sectors helps. I myself tend to spend a lot of time around the forum and the RP Discord. Where Nessie spends a lot of his time on the RMB. and so on and so on.

- Its honestly a grab bag. Some of us have Gameplay experience, and some of us don't. Experience with TNP and its quirks is honestly more important. Be involved with the community, take up some time in the ministries, run for office, do some military nonsense if you must, etc etc
Fair enough! Thanks for taking the time to provide a little insight. It may be a long-term goal but I'm eager to get back into NS seriously, as well as be a part of a community that I've been neglecting for so long.

EDIT: You as well, @Comfed! Thanks for your input. :)

Last edited:
Although I wouldn’t recommend the SC - you’d have your WA nation locked in TNP.

Not that this is necessarily a bad thing.
It's not. I must say that even though I can't actually obtain citizenship in this region due to the IP thing that I really don't regret moving my WA here. Still loads of other opportunities for the taking I wouldn't have in any of the GCRs I'm in.

Although I wouldn’t recommend the SC - you’d have your WA nation locked in TNP.
Interesting not to recommend getting involved with an aspect of the region that they have expressed interest in joining. Care to share more regarding that recommendation?

Interesting not to recommend getting involved with an aspect of the region that they have expressed interest in joining. Care to share more regarding that recommendation?
Comfed can certainly correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think it comes out of a place of not seeing the value in being heavily involved in regional government. My guess is he probably meant something along the lines that it would be quite...problematic if one was heavily invested in military gameplay (which I'm guessing Comfed is, just based on the sheer number of times I've re-endorsed him).

Last edited:
I guess we won’t get to hear @Comfed’s response. I find it disheartening to hear members of the community discouraging others from getting involved in part of the community that they have expressed an interest in.

@ponthieu i guess I don’t follow your rationale here. There have been members of the SC that have been heavily involved with R/D aspect of our community.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back