A rocket has landed. A dog is inside.
-
-
-
TNP Nation
Xagill
Discord
Rocketdog
Hi TNP, I am running for Delegate. You will get a fancy logo soon.I'll be focusing on consolidation and collaboration, you will see what that means!

Introduction
Having served as Minister of Home Affairs, Communications and Foreign Affairs, some multiple times, over the past few years, I want to use that experience to foster more cooperation between ministries, other entities and resources. This has multiple benefits: additional perspectives, hopefully, more activity and spreading workloads to ensure consistent updates that benefit both gameside and forumside.
I intend most of my matters into updating, consolidating and continuing any projects that we have. Whilst I will try and create new projects, I intend to make those across ministries, to reduce overwork on single ministries.

General Executive Matters
Cards – Cards have been running well with @Praetor and @r3naissanc3r. Ill be trying to use cards as a reward in multiple collaborative programs
University – The University has been doing well, and in general I leave it to discuss a variety of real life and NS topics. I do hope to encourage more collaborations between the University and other ministries.
Gameside Advocates – They have been doing a wonderful job under @Nessuno . I would like them to do fun Polls and collaborate with ministries in advertising dispatches as well as showing what gameside can offer. In collaboration with Radio and Culture, I would like to see an RMB QandA and potentially a live fireside chat in discord with Ministers to boost executive staff members.
Reports – I will be doing regular weekly reports on the activity of each ministry has done for that week, with a mid-term and end of term reports as a summary of what we have achieved.

Now onto each ministry:
In terms of the games server. I would like to see events with other games such as EUIV or CKII multiplayer events that happen as well as promoting more social games like CaH or Werewolf on the server. I would like to host a Roleplay Symposium, in collaboration with Radio and the University. I would like to use this event to update the Roleplay dispatch.

The main improvement I wish to do is make TNL more frequent. To do this, I hope that we can publish each TNL with fewer articles and more quality, in a more magazine-style. I would rather keep the current quality but if needed I would consider dropping back to a text-based version. The North Star should as always be published monthly, Roleplay Reel published jointly with Culture.

I haven’t been in the NPA for a long time, but I will trust the current staff to keep it going as smooth as it has been. The NPA will always continue to be independent. I will try to get more NPA operations to be featured in press releases and RMB to increase the size. WA blockade runs should always be used for caution, and in my option as a retaliation measure on specific circumstances.

I would implement a series of basic tutorial, and later accompanying videos, to educate the basics of what diplomats do in TNP. I would like to finish off the World Factbook Project as well as exploring how we can engage internal discussion between diplomats on what works best on each region. I would like to see us continue to host events with larger UCRs, as well as regional development with all UCR’s

Being my ministry I expect a lot, so this will be a deep description of what I need from Home Affairs.
Home Affairs is our primary based on the recruitment. Home Affairs will be trying to recruit more executive staff members Home Affairs will edit and potentially rewrite some of the handbook dispatches. I personally I tried to do it with the executive staff, and have made some changes, but a significant overhaul needs to be done due to it being a least a year old. This will be done in collaboration with other ministries.
Whilst Home Affairs has managed to keep up with the influx, I would see to personalised API telegrams be initiated for these types of events whilst continuing manual recruitment on the variety of templates that we have. If we do have enough hands on deck after the factbook upgrade, I do want to add secondary templates for this recruitment list to make it more personalised. There will be more focused efforts on executive staff recruitment, which has an effect most of the ministries.
On Mentoring, I would like to see mentoring be done on Discord, through a dedicated channel where anyone can answer questions. A need for a dedicated mentor then can be assigned.
Press Releases with be done by Home Affairs and will complement existing forms of information and recruitment.

Radio would be focused on making more tutorials. One would be created about each ministry and have comments by former ministers on what makes it well. Radio will coordinate news shows with press releases, as a form of more analysis on TNP’s topics. Radio will continue hosting fireside chats and other VC activities.

This is my weakest ministry in terms of knowledge; It looks like everything is running well in terms of IVFs. I will be encouraging GA’s to promote these. My main goal for WA is to promote TNP as a place to write and create WA proposals. This is both from Nation-states forum as well as providing a space for new TNP authors to write their resolutions. I also hope to continue the Heroes of the North Program in this space. In regards to WALL, I would like to see more transparency.

Last edited:
Good to see you standing, though I think the campaign could be a bit more comprehensive.

1. How would you use the RP symposium to update the roleplay dispatch?

2. Foreign Affairs - I am glad to see you want to continue the world factbook project. For tutorial videos, what particular aspects would these focus on?

I am going to ask some general questions of all candidates.

1) What is an example of a character strength of yours that you believe will make a difference to you as Delegate?

2) What is your greatest flaw? How would you manage this as Delegate?

3) Are there any current alliances/pacts held by The North Pacific that you believe are no longer relevant and should be repealed?

4) Do you intend to regularly post on the regional message board if you are elected?

5) If you could secure an alliance with another region that we are not currently allied to, who would you choose and why?

For a while, Foreign Affairs has really struggled in terms of applications and has a high turnover, often because activity within the ministry varies throughout the term. What would you look to do to combat this and ensure that the Foreign Affairs Ministry has an active ambassador corps?

On a scale of one to ten, with seven being the highest, what would you say your odds are of winning this election?

Radio has had a staffing problem since its inception, often only having two or three active members at a time. Knowing the planning and coordination involved in a simple show like a fireside chat, Tutorials require alot more work in terms of video editing, planning, recording, and expertise. How would Radio manage producting more tutorials on top of the shows they already produce? If it came down to tutorials vs keeping up with the current show formats, which would you prioritize?

Best of luck.

Good luck!

Who is our closest ally and why?

Which of our previous delegates would you say you emulate most?

How involved with the Executive Council would you like the Vice Delegate to be? Would you expect to be allowed access to the Security Council Chambers if elected as Delegate?

1. How would you use the RP symposium to update the roleplay dispatch?
It would not be directly. I would basically use the event as a way to get RPers to be motivated into helping update the dispatch.
2. Foreign Affairs - I am glad to see you want to continue the world factbook project. For tutorial videos, what particular aspects would these focus on?
There would be one or two tutorial videos would be focused on different ways to interact with your region to be a successful ambassador. There would be a third video on how to write informative ambassador reports.
1) What is an example of a character strength of yours that you believe will make a difference to you as Delegate?
Im open and welcoming. I'll still post on the RMB in my usual style, making sure that everyone isn't afraid to ask me anything just because I'm delegate
2) What is your greatest flaw? How would you manage this as Delegate?
Overworking myself and then burning out. I hope to have an experienced Executive Council to execute my goals for the Executive.
3) Are there any current alliances/pacts held by The North Pacific that you believe are no longer relevant and should be repealed?
The treaties with Equilism and Taijitu should be reconsidered due to the state of inactivity.
4) Do you intend to regularly post on the regional message board if you are elected?
Yes, I will be engaging in conversations, promoting the programs, answering questions or pinging nerds.
5) If you could secure an alliance with another region that we are not currently allied to, who would you choose and why?
Forest. They have a wealth of cultural experience as well as in the WA. I would like to see a joint TNP-Forest-Greater Dienstead RP-Culture Expo. I would also continue to invite Forest WA resolution writers to a WA symposium
For a while, Foreign Affairs has really struggled in terms of applications and has a high turnover, often because activity within the ministry varies throughout the term. What would you look to do to combat this and ensure that the Foreign Affairs Ministry has an active ambassador corps?
I hope to create more discussion on NS diplomatic events as well as what members can learn from each other when engaging in their region. Foriegn affairs shouldn't just be about posting the latest TNL or TNS, you should be able to grow through discussion and feedback, both as an ambassador as well as yourself.

On a scale of one to ten, with seven being the highest, what would you say your odds are of winning this election?
In reality 5 or 6. But I believe in 1. You need to believe there is every chance you can't win and need to do your best to make those chances higher.
Radio has had a staffing problem since its inception, often only having two or three active members at a time. Knowing the planning and coordination involved in a simple show like a fireside chat, Tutorials require alot more work in terms of video editing, planning, recording, and expertise. How would Radio manage producting more tutorials on top of the shows they already produce? If it came down to tutorials vs keeping up with the current show formats, which would you prioritize?
Tutorials could be recorded in parts, or with more than one member to spread the workload. I would like to see tutorials as long-term projects compared with the more instant show formats like fireside chat. I would be keeping the current show formats, tutorials can be added in with more executive staff/more time.
What is your view of the non-aggression pact signed between the NPO and TSP?

Im not surprised that NPO and TSP have signed another NAP. It is interesting having a renewal clause and also an SC endorsement clause. It may show the current relationship between NPO and TSP. They generally have been friends and they treaty looks good.

How would this differ from the subforum already in place?
It doesn't I'll simply try and promote the current subforum, its underutilized currently.
Best of luck.

Good luck!

Who is our closest ally and why?

Which of our previous delegates would you say you emulate most?
Thanks!.
1. I would say Europeia as why cooperate with them in a majority of areas, WA; Culture; Military.
2. McM cause I'm Australian as well as Pallaith because of which I have worked under in multiple roles.
How involved with the Executive Council would you like the Vice Delegate to be? Would you expect to be allowed access to the Security Council Chambers if elected as Delegate?
The Vice Delegate should always be on top of their duties first. If so then they are freely able to work with the Executive Council to provide more opportunities for collaboration as well as another perspective.
I would not be expecting any access to the Security Council Chambers, but if the Vice Delegate wishes to grant me access then I would accept.

Last edited:
I like your Discord mentoring idea! A lot of the more active newcomers reach out for help on Discord, and having a dedicated platform for mentoring them could be worthwhile.
I also noticed that you said HA would send out Press Releases. What sort of content would these Press Releases cover, and how would responsibility for writing, editing, and releasing them be distributed? Does this mean you would not have an assigned Press Secretary, or did you mean a different kind of press release?

I like your Discord mentoring idea! A lot of the more active newcomers reach out for help on Discord, and having a dedicated platform for mentoring them could be worthwhile.
I also noticed that you said HA would send out Press Releases. What sort of content would these Press Releases cover, and how would responsibility for writing, editing, and releasing them be distributed? Does this mean you would not have an assigned Press Secretary, or did you mean a different kind of press release?
I will not be having a Press Secretary. Press releases will contain announcements of events, programs and other important information that needs to go out straight away. The minister will be responsible for said press releases, there should be a google sheet for memory to write and release said releases.

It would not be directly. I would basically use the event as a way to get RPers to be motivated into helping update the dispatch.

There would be one or two tutorial videos would be focused on different ways to interact with your region to be a successful ambassador. There would be a third video on how to write informative ambassador reports.

Im open and welcoming. I'll still post on the RMB in my usual style, making sure that everyone isn't afraid to ask me anything just because I'm delegate

Overworking myself and then burning out. I hope to have an experienced Executive Council to execute my goals for the Executive.

The treaties with Equilism and Taijitu should be reconsidered due to the state of inactivity.

Yes, I will be engaging in conversations, promoting the programs, answering questions or pinging nerds.

Forest. They have a wealth of cultural experience as well as in the WA. I would like to see a joint TNP-Forest-Greater Dienstead RP-Culture Expo. I would also continue to invite Forest WA resolution writers to a WA symposium

I hope to create more discussion on NS diplomatic events as well as what members can learn from each other when engaging in their region. Foriegn affairs shouldn't just be about posting the latest TNL or TNS, you should be able to grow through discussion and feedback, both as an ambassador as well as yourself.
Thank you for your answers. I agree that your presence and open/welcoming nature would be a real strength of yours if you are Delegate.

On the subject of overworking, I am also always mindful of this. I think you are right that if you select a good team you can rely on and also are open about your schedule you will be able to work around this.

Taijitu and Equilism have also come up in other campaign threads. How would you approach these issues? Is there any benefit to keeping a treaty with a region if it is inactive?

Some more general questions:

1) Would you keep the position of Press Secretary?

2) TNP is a particularly secure and stable region. I am interested to know what regions do you think are particularly vulnerable at the moment to a coup or further instability?

3) What process would you take to banning or ejecting nations from the region? Generally, I have required the GA's to seek approval before banning (except in obvious cases of spamming/recruitment).

4) Would you be in favour of changing the regional flag?

5) What is your position on RMB recruitment spam by other regions?

6) Do you have any ideas for discord based activities we could do? (Think like Themed Thursday type ideas)

Can you tell us a little bit about your background? When were you founded? Have you been active in other regions? If so, what positions have you held in those regions? Are you currently active in any other regions?

One of McMs strengths has been that he appears to be everywhere, all at once. He makes an extraordinary time commitment to the job. Do you believe you will be able to invest the hours needed to be an effective delegate?

Thank you for your answers. I agree that your presence and open/welcoming nature would be a real strength of yours if you are Delegate.

On the subject of overworking, I am also always mindful of this. I think you are right that if you select a good team you can rely on and also are open about your schedule you will be able to work around this.
Thank you, hopefully I won't overwork myself too much
Taijitu and Equilism have also come up in other campaign threads. How would you approach these issues? Is there any benefit to keeping a treaty with a region if it is inactive?

Taijitu and Equilism aware unlikely to face invasion, so I would like to approach the said region and see if they are truly inactive. Either way i would see if we could help them in a more casual way, due to being historical friends. I would then consider repealing the treaty if they are truly inactive, present it to the RA for discussion and see what happens

1) Would you keep the position of Press Secretary?
As responded to Nim, I wouldn't. I would fold its duties back to HA. I'll be doing weekly reports, and so the Press Releases will reflect how the executive would be doing fortnightly as well as posting announcements for various programs and events. My plan for press releases is to be that one single unifying telegrams of announcements and activity of the executive.

2) TNP is a particularly secure and stable region. I am interested to know what regions do you think are particularly vulnerable at the moment to a coup or further instability?
Most of the regions are tending to be more stable through higher endorsement and influence. The region that comes to mind would be Stargate, but I do doubt that it would be coup due to TNP being allies with them.[/quote]

3) What process would you take to banning or ejecting nations from the region? Generally, I have required the GA's to seek approval before banning (except in obvious cases of spamming/recruitment).
There would be a number of factors banning or ejecting nations from the region, such as time spent in TNP, number of endorsements, offence committed and repetition of said offence. I would like to see a way that we can eject first than ban policy for nation that does break rules multiple times (obviously dependent on the nation) before injecting (obviously except in obvious cases like spamming/recruitment/NSFW content)

4) Would you be in favour of changing the regional flag?
Yes I am, this should be done via a vexillology contest with multiples designs, and hopefully submitted to the RA. Even if we don't use it as a new flag, these flags can be used for special purposes.

5) What is your position on RMB recruitment spam by other regions?
WE have an active fast-moving RMB, so recruitment-spam should be suppressed and banjected to keep our RMB safe and happy.

6) Do you have any ideas for discord based activities we could do? (Think like Themed Thursday type ideas)
We could have gaming nights, either using jackbox, skribblio, CaH or even Kahoot. I also know many people like playing CK2 EU4 or HOI, so some gaming night can be done. Furthermore, I would like to see the RMB be involved in Theme Thursdays, where you change your pretitle and flag. I use my discord in non NS servers, so I tend not to change my discord avatar.

Can you tell us a little bit about your background? When were you founded? Have you been active in other regions? If so, what positions have you held in those regions? Are you currently active in any other regions?

One of McMs strengths has been that he appears to be everywhere, all at once. He makes an extraordinary time commitment to the job. Do you believe you will be able to invest the hours needed to be an effective delegate?
I was founded in TNP November 2017 and have been here since. I dabbled in the other Pacifics, gaining citizenship mid 2018. I only spend a few months there, just checking out those regions. I was a Magister in TEP for a while during that time but now have just stayed in TNP since around October 2018.

McM and I are both Australian. Im in Sydney so you will see even less of me being active (damm timezones) I have the time to invest behind the scenes to be an effective delegate. I understand that the delegate is one step above being a minister in terms of time, but due to my experience in many of these ministries I believe I can do it.

What is going to be your biggest challenge if elected?
Executing my platform. Whilst I have tried to build on what we have, which is achievable, I am also trying to foster for collaboration between ministries. My biggest challenge would be getting this half of my platform to work, and if it does work I believe that we can help raise activity in many of the ministries.

What will be your criteria for approving World Assembly proposals?
Some WALL support, if WALL members approve, then I tend to as well. I would also look at if the drafting process in gameside forum. Since I don't have much experience in WA resolutions, I would lean on the minister of WA Affairs as well as the WA ministry itself for potential proposals that are good.

I feel like this campaign has heavily went under the radar of the public eye. I’ve known for you for about 2 years now, Brend, and honestly my stance on you hasn’t changed a bit. You always seem to have the right plan. I do think your fail VD runs weigh your campaign down but I suffer the same issue. :P

I don’t really have any questions. Your plan is simple yet constructive. Your Comms and FA plan especially stand out to me. Your HA plan is also very decent. I’m not very fond of the press secretary position either. As always, you have my full support. Don’t let the campaign down. :)

Back