Status
Not open for further replies.

Pallaith

TNPer
-
-
-
-
The Security Council has nominated Crushing Our Enemies for a seat on the Security Council. The vote for his admission was a majority, with 9 ayes, 0 nays, and 1 abstention.

The Chair now presents this to the Regional Assembly for discussion.

Are you or have you ever been a member of the United Defenders League?

Have you stopped griefing innocent nations?

If the Delegate is at 1000 endorsements, the Vice Delegate at 900, and a nation is at 745 endorsements, and there are 1200 World Assembly member nations in the region. Under what circumstances would it be legal for the Delegate to eject them for reckless endorsement gathering? Under what circumstances would it be proper? What should members of the Security Council do or have done in this situation?

Last edited:
Is this part of Mall's long term plan to coup TNP? :p

Are you or have you ever been a member of the United Defenders League?
No. I applied, but Solm feigned acceptance of my application, while actually masking me as "The Village Idiot". Naturally I was mortified, and that was the end of my relationship with UDL.

Have you stopped griefing innocent nations?
I was never the point for a raid before the introduction of influence, so I'm not sure what you mean. :mellow:

If the Delegate is at 1000 endorsements, the Vice Delegate at 900, and a nation is at 745 endorsements, and there are 1200 World Assembly member nations in the region. Under what circumstances would it be legal for the Delegate to eject them for reckless endorsement gathering? Under what circumstances would it be proper? What should members of the Security Council do or have done in this situation?
It is legal for the delegate to eject them for reckless endorsement gathering, provided that:
  • It is not in the Council
  • It has been reported to the Delegate as a possible threat to regional security by the Council.
  • It has continued actively gathering endorsements after two warnings against gathering endorsements sent at least two days apart from each other.
  • The Delegate is the person holding the constitutionally-mandated elected office of Delegate or, in the case of a vacancy in that office, the person who has assumed the duties of that office.
The members of the Security Council should be aware in this sort of situation that their report to the delegate that a nation is a possible security threat grants the delegate the legal power to eject or ban that nation. They should be judicious in furnishing such a report to the delegate, particularly if there is very little evidence that they are a threat. The threshold of endorsements that qualify as "reckless endorsement gathering" is based in part on a percentage of WA nations in the region, and so when that number is very large, the gap between the delegate's endorsements and the threshold widens. It is nearly beyond the realm of possibility that a nation with 745 endorsements could take the region by force overnight, and having a large number of high influence nations strengthens regional security, even when those nations are not on the Security Council. The report by the Council to the delegate is a crucial criterion to define "reckless endorsement gathering". As long as the Council takes this responsibility seriously, and avoids routinely reporting nations that cross that threshold, I would say that it is generally proper to eject such a nation. I would expect that when reporting a nation with an endocount that low as a possible threat, there is more evidence - that they are not simply gathering endorsements and disregarding warnings.

Is this part of Mall's long term plan to coup TNP? :p
There's only one way to find out. :ph34r:

No. I applied, but Solm feigned acceptance of my application, while actually masking me as "The Village Idiot". Naturally I was mortified, and that was the end of my relationship with UDL.
Saved by the Solm, as it were. Your answer is adequate.
I was never the point for a raid before the introduction of influence, so I'm not sure what you mean. :mellow:
Deplorable
It is legal for the delegate to eject them for reckless endorsement gathering, provided that:
  • It is not in the Council
  • It has been reported to the Delegate as a possible threat to regional security by the Council.
  • It has continued actively gathering endorsements after two warnings against gathering endorsements sent at least two days apart from each other.
  • The Delegate is the person holding the constitutionally-mandated elected office of Delegate or, in the case of a vacancy in that office, the person who has assumed the duties of that office.
The members of the Security Council should be aware in this sort of situation that their report to the delegate that a nation is a possible security threat grants the delegate the legal power to eject or ban that nation. They should be judicious in furnishing such a report to the delegate, particularly if there is very little evidence that they are a threat. The threshold of endorsements that qualify as "reckless endorsement gathering" is based in part on a percentage of WA nations in the region, and so when that number is very large, the gap between the delegate's endorsements and the threshold widens. It is nearly beyond the realm of possibility that a nation with 745 endorsements could take the region by force overnight, and having a large number of high influence nations strengthens regional security, even when those nations are not on the Security Council. The report by the Council to the delegate is a crucial criterion to define "reckless endorsement gathering". As long as the Council takes this responsibility seriously, and avoids routinely reporting nations that cross that threshold, I would say that it is generally proper to eject such a nation. I would expect that when reporting a nation with an endocount that low as a possible threat, there is more evidence - that they are not simply gathering endorsements and disregarding warnings.

There's only one way to find out. :ph34r:
Thank you for your well reasoned response!

What other regions are you currently involved in? What positions do you hold in other regions?

What past regions have you been involved with? What positions did you hold in those regions?

On a scale of 0 to Artemis, please rate your friendship with McM.

What other regions are you currently involved in? What positions do you hold in other regions?
I am not involved in any other regions.

What past regions have you been involved with? What positions did you hold in those regions?
I used to be involved in The Black Hawks, holding the rank of General. Here are the positions I've held in TBH:

Oct 16 - Jul 18: Military Advisor

Jan 16 - Oct 16: Head of Foreign Affairs

Jun 12 - Jan 16: Military Adviser

Jan 12 - Jun 12: Chief Military Adviser

Jan 11 - Jan 12: Military Adviser

Oct 10 - Jan 11: Head of Advancement

Jul 10 - Sep 10: Head of Military

Apr 10 - Jul 10: Head of Military Support Systems

Dec 09 - April 10: Military Adviser

Apr 08 - Dec 09: Head of Military Support Systems

Mar 08 - Apr 08: Military Adviser

Oct 07 - Nov 07: Head of Foreign Affairs

Summer 05 - Fall 05: 2nd Head of Foreign Affairs

I also attempted to start a raider region of my own back in 2007, which lasted about three months. My title there was Leader.

I've joined a few other raider regions over the years, without taking any positions of authority. They include Daylight Robbery of a Symbol, Unknown, Lone Wolves United, and DEN (long before a DOS player and his sycophants stole the name and robbed it of its legacy)

On a scale of 0 to Artemis, please rate your friendship with McM.
This question isn't actually relevant to my application, but is just a continuation of a snarkfest against Siwale from another thread. I'm not going to answer, and you shouldn't have asked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back