[Private] Selecting a Chief Justice for this term.

Dreadton

PC Load Letter
-
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
Dreadton
Discord
Dreadton
Im going to open this, although i do believe we are waiting for one more.

I would like to throw my name in.

Okay Dreadton, do you have any specific plans or ideas for how to organize the court in that role? When I joined the Court last term I had a series of priorities, and it turns out you don't really need to be Chief Justice to do them. I was just curious what your list looked like.

I would be willing to stay on in this role again, less as a caretaker and more actually doing it with gusto. I would like to hear what you and Lore have in mind for what we should tackle this term though.

The only thing I have planned in which I would say I need to Chief for is the Orgnization of the Case Law thread. Access to that is only given to the Chief, and since I am the one wanting to do it I dont want to put the work onto someone else. As a GM I can edit that thread but to do so would be in my opinion a miss use of that role. Outside of that my other priorites is to set up a public legal guide. I can just as easily do that as an associate, but that project has parts that would require the Court Law thread to be updated. I know there is a guide somewhere in here that Elu did and You said that there was an AG one somewhere? those would be useful.

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. Are you referring to the thread that has all the court decisions? I assumed that moderation updated that but it would make sense if the court does. I was just going to outline that as something that needed to be done, and was one of the only non-case things I wanted to tackle. I also wanted to get back some kind of table of contents for it like we used to have on the old forum. Is that the same thread you are referring to when you say "Court law" thread that you need as part of the public legal guide?

I did some digging and found these threads is this what you had in mind?

Like our previous chief justice, I would aim for an early call for THOs and declassify the previous term's threads at the end of the month as they "ripen." I think we can agree to take turns on hearing cases (provided there's no conflict of interest of course).

If I’m not mistaken, our decision on the Chief Justice role has been made for us by the legal code. Looks like I’m it by virtue of the clock running out. I should probably make a formal announcement on that.

Back