-
Pronouns
He/him
TNP Nation
Picairn
Discord
picairn
800px-Lasalle-wagram.jpg

This is perhaps the boldest enterprise I have ever attempted, so be it. For The North Pacific, charge!

Hello, my name is Picairn and I’m running to be your Delegate. I originally spawned in TWP but migrated to TNP in April 2020 out of love for its vibrant community. Shortly after, I became a citizen but was mostly inactive for three years, as my mind was focused on making RP dispatches and news articles. When TNP declared war and invaded Solidarity in October 2023, I quickly enlisted in the NPA and later the Executive Staff to serve my home region. Since then I have enthusiastically participated in operations and devoted myself to the army, eventually climbing up the ranks to Deputy Minister (under Robespierre) and then Minister of Defense. I am also highly active in the Executive Staff, having served as Deputy Minister of Communications (twice), Deputy Minister of Home Affairs (twice), Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Minister of Home Affairs for six days.

As Minister of Defense, I led the NPA’s third and most destructive raid on Warzone Trinidad, forcing the WZT Mafia to relocate to Palmetto, and the successful capture of the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators with the assistance of our allies, my proudest accomplishment to date. Outside of the NPA, I have written articles and designed magazines for The North Star, beautified many of our outdated dispatches, contributed to the Foreign Affairs Ministry as a member of the Committee on Foreign Relations and later as Deputy Minister, and helped organise the Pride Prom festival between TNP and The Wellspring.

As you can see, I have been deeply involved in many places, assumed many positions, and accrued much experience even though my stay in TNP’s government has not even reached one year of age. I am confident that I can reliably serve TNP as its delegate, and I believe I can weather the pressures of this office as long as I have a plan and a direction for where I’m going.

Those of you who have worked with me or talked to me recently would know that I’m outspoken on the need for reform in TNP. The combined effects of the F/S update and the summer lull have taken a toll on our government. Our Ministries suffer from manpower shortages and activity issues. Our pursuit of the war feels aimless and without direction. Our most talented people are burning out and leaving office, while our existing staffers are still raw and unprepared for higher appointments. Even the NPA, its officer corps was inactive to the point that reforms had to be made. If we want to mitigate the effects of this decline, and perhaps even reverse it, then reforms are our best way to do that.

What I offer you is a bold, inspiring vision for TNP: an injection of energy into our stagnating government, a revival of our community, and a revitalisation of our military. To that end, I present to you my specific plans for each Ministry.

It is perhaps not surprising that I place the Defence Ministry (and the North Pacific Army) as my top priority. If we want to win the war, the need for a strong military is self-evident. As Minister of Defense, I have taken great pains and efforts to not only bolster our ranks with recruitment, but also ensure that our most promising soldiers are properly mentored to become officers of the next generation.

Promotion and Recruitment

Under my term, the High Command has explored and tried many avenues for recruitment: promotion of our victories through dispatches and forum posts, telegrams, RMB recruitment, private outreach to interested parties, etc. New ribbons were also exquisitely designed and handed out to raise our soldiers’ morale and attract outside interest.

Going forward, I’d like to see the NPA making an upgrade from routine operations reports to its own monthly publication/magazine that acts both as a summary of its operations and an advertisement of its image to the wider region. In addition, weekly telegram recruitment runs can be organised by Home Affairs to bring in new soldiers and increase our updater/auxiliary capacity for grand offensives/liberations. I will also make full use of the Gameside Advocates to heavily promote NPA dispatches, reports, and publications on the RMB. Although 9003’s RMB bot is effective at regularly putting out messages, I feel like its repetitive posts lack the human touch that makes recruitment more personalised and appealing to the average player. Medals, ribbons, leaderboards, and other awards will continue to be explored and designed to give our soldiers additional motivation to participate.

Last but not least, I’d like to see a modernised rendition of the old Call to Serve program. The basic idea is to interview High Command generals (or even some long-serving officers) and have them tell their stories in the NPA to inspire others to enlist. The format could either be an NBS Radio interview or a text-based one. The key is to attract listeners and encourage them to join the NPA through exciting tales of adventures or heroics in our army.

Training and Mentorship

Another principal focus during my term as MoD is the training of new recruits and mentorship of promising Sergeants into capable Lieutenants. The old Instructor program, where a new soldier or a Warrant Officer is paired with an experienced officer to guide them, was revived for this exact purpose. I myself have taken on a few mentees to teach them the ways of R/D operations. To make our knowledge more permanently ingrained, I wrote down a new Soldier’s Manual - with the assistance of High Command and other officers - covering all basic R/D operations, assistance tools, and best practices for a new soldier.

Unfortunately, High Command has suffered from a loss of experience and activity as some of our Generals have resigned. As Delegate, my goals are to complete the Officer’s Manual and train our Warrant Officers to become full-fledged Lieutenants, paving the way for them to serve as future Colonels or perhaps even Generals/MoDs. I do not want High Command to be plagued by inactivity as our best people continue to burn out, and so I will pay keen attention to this area and make it clear to my Minister of Defense that this should be their top priority as well.
Our Foreign Affairs situation is quite advantageous: we currently enjoy a wide and diverse coalition of regions which despise the BoM + TCB sphere for their constant provocations and attacks. This anti-BoM “Grand Alliance” has enabled us to dominate the WA and advance our interests there without much opposition: libjuncts to save regions raided by our enemies are widely passed, while resolutions authored by or C/Cs rewarded to them are routinely repealed. Our MGC sanctions continue to be strictly enforced with substantial effects: the implosion and collapse of Astoria, a former BoM-allied region, was caused by internal disputes relating to its participation on the side of BoM during their war against us and the sanctions’ suffocating restrictions on its FA outreach. Despite raider boasts that the sanctions are ineffective, cracks have begun to appear and demonstrate that military victories on the field don’t necessarily translate to firm and unyielding unity.

My aims are to maintain our anti-BoM alliance, which would require pragmatism and compromise. I and the FA Ministry would work with our allies to keep us focused on our common interests of fighting BoM as opposed to distracting ideological fights. Furthermore, we would expand our network of friends, embassy regions, and informal partners, not only for cultural collaboration but also for potential military cooperation and further isolating the BoM + TCB circle. Every region we can court is like a small brick, the more bricks we can collect and we will eventually build a wall (*sigh*) surrounding our enemies. We need to continuously apply pressure on them via sanctions and repeals of their C/Cs as well.

Internally, I would like to build upon one of Comfed’s old projects: case studies for our FA staffers and analysts. Academic exercises to train our staffers on FA knowledge is a good idea, and we can take some historical NS events (coups, wars, invasions, etc.) to test our analysts on what they will do as leaders in those situations. It would be a learning experience, one that could pay off later down the road. The most promising staffers can be offered a spot on the Committee of Foreign Relations: as its most junior member without any significant FA experience prior to my appointment, I have found being on the Committee to be one of my most enriching experiences. Our Ambassadors, on the other hand, will continue to promptly post our news publications and FA updates to other regions when requested.
Addressing the manpower issue

There’s no sugarcoating it: The Ministry is in a sorry state due to a shortage of capable writers and designers. Our publications’ publishing schedule frequently faces delays due to our existing writers being occupied with significant commitments elsewhere. To alleviate this problem, we must bolster our recruitment via weekly or biweekly promotions and telegram recruitments for the Ministry; advertisement posters and infographics; and outreach efforts to people who are interested in writing or designing. We can also invite people from outside TNP to contribute to our publications in the form of news reports or opinion pieces, offering all of us some much-needed fresh content.

Retention of morale

Speaking from experience, writing an article with a deadline is seriously hard work, especially if you have other RL or NS commitments as well. Not only must you properly research the facts before writing, you must also choose their words carefully to fit the professional tone of the publication (even with the Editors’ assistance), and sometimes the well of creativity can run dry or you are simply frustrated with your word choice/grammar/paragraph structure. As Deputy Minister of Communications and author of several articles, I have felt that deeply. If we want to keep our writers to continue their work, we can reinstitute our old Comms awards program or even offer Legendary cards as reward for an article written or an issue designed. An end-of-month award or end-of-term Best [category] Contest are also good ways to maintain morale.

A new direction for TNL

The Northern Lights, our flagship publication, has remained in a state of limbo for months. With the manpower issue plaguing the Ministry, it is very difficult to produce TNS and TNL regularly at the same time. One of my ideas as Deputy Minister was to reform TNL into an end-of-term special: Instead of making TNS issues for the final months of a term like April, August, and December, we can replace them with TNL issues instead. The production of TNL will be less frequent (at a rate of 3 issues a year), but its exclusivity, quality, and design will be its main selling point to readers.
Successful culture events must invite the engagement of the community. Without community engagement, there can simply be no events. I have noticed that the events with the best engagement are usually chess tournaments, voice chats, and interactive games. All of these will be hosted regularly on our Discord, and a special role can be created to ping interested people to join as participants. Another idea that is going to be explored is trivia nights: trivia competitions with a human host and an award for the winner at the end, which could be really fun and engaging as opposed to playing with a bot.

But we can go bigger than that. As Delegate, I would like to replicate the Pride Prom’s success by organising great festivals with our MGC and PPO allies. Chess tournaments with TWP, LGBT-themed events with Europeia, the possibilities are endless.
Home Affairs is arguably the most important Ministry to our region’s health: its recruitment and integration of new arrivals are critical to producing new talent for our community and replacing losses from burnout. Yet the Ministry’s neglected state has saddened me greatly. Recruitment and mentorship may be tedious, but their purposes are vital. Going into the next term, I will appoint a strong and active hand to lead the Ministry and restore it to regular activity so that it can fulfill my ambitious goals for recruitment and mentorship.

Despite the Ministry’s inactivity, our manual recruitment efforts have been great this term thanks to the tireless dedication of Petronellania, who has been duly recognised with a Delegate’s Service Award. However, I do not want Petro to carry the Ministry’s recruitment alone. All recruiters will be regularly pinged and reminded to do their work, and badges or cards will be awarded to the most active ones.

Mentorships will be operated in a similar manner: those who mentor the most newcomers will be recognised and rewarded with shiny badges or cards based on the number of mentees taken. I plan to revive the old Points Project which used to keep track of the number of recruitment telegrams sent and mentees claimed to reward staffers.

Resource Review was, and still is, one of my main passions as a staffer and Deputy Minister. I love designing new banners and graphics to beautify our dispatches, and currently I maintain like ten or so government dispatches on my main nation. Nevertheless, I hope to entice some designers to join HA so that the workload can be distributed more evenly and progress can be made faster on this front.
While I’m not involved in WA Affairs, I’m satisfied with its performance from an outside look. The efforts of our tech people and prolific WA authors have ensured that IFVs continue to be sent like clockwork, while our resolutions dominate the GA. One of its projects that I want to prioritise as Delegate is passing SC Commends for some of our most distinguished regionmates. In effect, I will look into reviving or salvaging the defunct Heroes of Valhalla program and continue its work.

To further our MGC sanctions, we must continue to repeal our enemies’ resolutions, whether it be GA ones or C/Cs of their regions/players. Under my direction, the MoWAA will pursue this path to its fullest extent in cooperation with our allies.
Although I support having a separate Ministry of Radio on principle, I do not believe it can survive in its current state. Having the Delegate and the Minister as the main two people running the show is simply unsustainable, and I will fold the Ministry of Radio back under Communications’s portfolio until we get additional manpower to justify forming a separate Ministry.

Unfortunately, I can’t host frequent town halls due to my work schedule, but I can make Fireside Chats as a substitute. Bringing back an old program under former Delegate Pallaith, I will make radio addresses to TNPers discussing affairs in our region or answering your submitted questions. I think this can be a good way to connect with our citizens and inform them of various events.

Interviews and roundtable sessions will be regularly organised and hosted to bring us additional content.
I have already said much in the Defense and Foreign Affairs sections about how my policies will help us pursue the war, so I will not repeat them here. Instead, I will lay out my vision for the war. Broadly speaking, the FA Ministry and the NPA need to act in lockstep with the ultimate goal of destroying or degrading our enemies’ morale and FA networks. Opposing our enemies’ raids and invasions, launching offensives against their vulnerable allies, repealing their resolutions and C/Cs, applying MGC sanctions, isolating their FA networks, and exploiting their internal disputes should all be executed in tandem to maintain heavy pressure on them and create cracks in their unity. When cracks form, the wall will eventually crumble. I will not deny that it will be long and hard, and we may not see the fruits of our efforts anytime soon, but to falter in our resolve is to lose the war without trying.
One of the things I haven’t talked about is the broken state of our technology. We have a Tech Guild of the best tech-minded players and admins to repair it, yet I feel its efforts have yet to be fully realised due to a lack of centralised management. Although I’m not a tech person, I will work with the Admin team and Tech Guild to see which projects can be completed or what problems need to be fixed.

Our Cards program is in a terrible state as well, and while I’m not a card farmer, I am receptive to reforms in this area to revitalise it. A Cards Working Group has been formed thanks to Dreadton’s efforts and I trust his reforms will help us bring some activity back into Cards. I will try my best to assist him in doing so.
Q: Have you assembled your Cabinet/decided your Cabinet picks?

A: Surprisingly, yes. I have assembled my Cabinet within just a day or two, between endotarting and campaigning.

Q: How will you handle the Delegate transition?

A: As a good first step, I have endorsed everyone in TNP. Yes, all 900+ of them, in a single evening. The hard part is getting endorsements in return. If I am elected Delegate, I will utilise every tool at my disposal to gather endorsements: telegrams, weekly WA reports, dispatch pings, WA endorsement events with card raffles, etc. The WADP program will see a lot of renewed activity, for certain.

I hope that my comprehensive plans and policies have interested you. My campaign was very unexpected, but I wouldn’t have run if I thought I didn’t have sufficient resolve and a plan to do it. I’m confident that I can weather any obstacles as long as I’m aware of what I’ll do and where I’m going. When there’s a plan, there’s a way. If you like what I have done and what I will do as Delegate, I encourage you to consider voting for RON in the election and then me as your first choice. My DM and telegram box are always open to any questions that you may have.

Last edited:
A Q&A of questions which voters will likely ask me is going to be added soon.

Hasn't candidacy declaration already ended? Surely it is too late for you to join the race now.

Edit: Wait, nevermind, I see now that voters can vote for nominations to be reopened. Anyways, good luck then Picairn!

Last edited:
The Defense ministry has suffered significantly in terms of activity in spite of your successes while collaborating with allies. This has caused allies and friends to rely on the NPA less in favor of other militaries. What are your tangible ideas going forwards for getting the NPA onto the field consistently, and who is your top pick to replace you as Minister of Defense?

The Defense ministry has suffered significantly in terms of activity in spite of your successes while collaborating with allies. This has caused allies and friends to rely on the NPA less in favor of other militaries. What are your tangible ideas going forwards for getting the NPA onto the field consistently, and who is your top pick to replace you as Minister of Defense?
As MoD I worked really hard on the education and training of new officers because I saw that the inactive state of High Command and the officer corps was unsustainable. In order to have a more active NPA going forward, it must first have more active leaders. Fortunately, we have a crop of Warrant Officers with potential to become Lieutenants or even Colonels. The goal I want for the Ministry next term is to properly turn them into officers and guide them to become the new leaders of the NPA, who will lead the soldiers with their initiative and inject much-needed energy into our operations. Several of our new recruits are also active at update operations, and I hope to maintain their dedication and energy as they progress through the ranks. We have a clearer, more simplified pipeline from soldier to General following the recent rank reform, and the key is to identify and mentor promising talent.

To keep our military active, outside of regular tag raids and detag runs, I'd like to see the NPA proactively doing more joint ops with our allies, whether it be invasions, wargames, or anti-fascist operations. These operations are highly exciting and rewarding for everyone involved, and greatly bolster our soldiers' morale.

And of course, recruitment will be prioritised. Consistently getting new, active recruits as replacements for inactive soldiers is one of the primary factors to the revitalisation of the NPA. We also have to keep our active talent on board and prevent burnout via mentorship and awards.

My MoD pick is an experienced and active officer who is in broad agreement with my vision and eager to implement necessary measures to reinvigorate the NPA. I believe we will achieve greatness together as a team. You will see their name in my Opening Address, if I am given the honour to be your Delegate.

To keep our military active, outside of regular tag raids and detag runs, I'd like to see the NPA proactively doing more joint ops with our allies, whether it be invasions, wargames, or anti-fascist operations. These operations are highly exciting and rewarding for everyone involved, and greatly bolster our soldiers' morale.
How often do you plan to host these tag/detag exercises (incl wargames), and if all else fails in recruiting other officers, can your pick commit to being the one leading the charge consistently? Do they have a record of being able to both trigger and lead troops in Libcord consistently in a way that would inspire confidence?

There’s no sugarcoating it: The Ministry is in a sorry state due to a shortage of capable writers and designers.
The ministry is not in a sorry state. Since I became minister, activity has gone up significantly and the only reason we're facing delays on the August edition is because of 1 interview. You've obviously been busy with whatever you've been doing in Defence, but it's a bit disingenuous to say this when it's clearly not the case. We've consistently been pumping out polls and subsequent TNN/TNS articles (thanks to Jinkies who's the coolest deputy ever, you're amazing) and our visibility to the non-executive members has, as far as I'm aware, been pretty good. We really aren't in a sorry state. We're doing fine.
To alleviate this problem, we must bolster our recruitment via weekly or biweekly promotions and telegram recruitments for the Ministry
Telegram recruitment is horrible. It's spammy, it's annoying, it doesn't work. We've already been doing telegram recruitment for the executive in HA and it yields negligible results. It's a waste of energy to do this and will only make people associate the executive with telegram spam.
We can also invite people from outside TNP to contribute to our publications in the form of news reports or opinion pieces, offering all of us some much-needed fresh content.
This is a good idea. I support this. It's something someone brought up at some point for next term and I fully support it.
If we want to keep our writers to continue their work, we can reinstitute our old Comms awards program or even offer Legendary cards as reward for an article written or an issue designed. An end-of-month award or end-of-term Best [category] Contest are also good ways to maintain morale.
This was discontinued for a reason. If you're willing to micro-manage this, be my guest, but it was inconsistent and a mess to upkeep. You were there. You should know this. I tried, Ara tried, and Robes saw that it wasn't working so he didn't even waste any time on it, Kasch succeeded because Kasch is a beast.
One of my ideas as Deputy Minister was to reform TNL into an end-of-term special
ّI had to really look in the communications chats to see where you suggested this. It was in April. Any reason why you haven't brought it up since, as you seem quite passionate about it?
Instead of making TNS issues for the final months of a term like April, August, and December, we can replace them with TNL issues instead.
This just seems like you're replacing the name for end-of-term TNS editions with TNL. You haven't really expanded on this idea, so I really have no idea what your plan is with this. Like I said on Discord, this section of your campaign says literally nothing.

I look forward to your response. Copyright snark included. :)

Last edited:
How often do you plan to host these tag/detag exercises (incl wargames), and if all else fails in recruiting other officers, can your pick commit to being the one leading the charge consistently? Do they have a record of being able to both trigger and lead troops in Libcord consistently in a way that would inspire confidence?
The tags/detags should be conducted at least once per week, and more if possible. While maintaining activity in the NPA is important, I do not wish to run our officers ragged to the point of burnout.

My MoD pick has confirmed that their availability is good for next term. They have triggered, led operations and actively contributed to High Command discussions on improving the NPA. Moreover, the NPA's officer corps is currently not so dire that the MoD is the only one who can trigger. As I said, we have a crop of active Warrant Officers who have the potential to be Lieutenants and perhaps even Colonels. If elected Delegate, one of my priorities will be mentoring them into full officers and preparing the most promising ones for High Command. The MoD won't have to run the show alone.

I have no doubt in your capabilities @Picairn . You have always been someone who has assisted me in a personal capacity, helped me understand so many mechanisms and stuff about TNP, to that I express my sincere gratitude. There are certain concerns which Ruben has expressed regarding Comms and I agree with him but I feel with time, those ideas can be polished and reconsidered. Godspeed @Picairn !

The ministry is not in a sorry state. Since I became minister, activity has gone up significantly and the only reason we're facing delays on the August edition is because of 1 interview. You've obviously been busy with whatever you've been doing in Defence, but it's a bit disingenuous to say this when it's clearly not the case. We've consistently been pumping out polls and subsequent TNN/TNS articles (thanks to Jinkies who's the coolest deputy ever, you're amazing) and our visibility to the non-executive members has, as far as I'm aware, been pretty good. We really aren't in a sorry state. We're doing fine.

Telegram recruitment is horrible. It's spammy, it's annoying, it doesn't work. We've already been doing telegram recruitment for the executive in HA and it yields negligible results. It's a waste of energy to do this and will only make people associate the executive with telegram spam.

This is a good idea. I support this. It's something someone brought up at some point for next term and I fully support it.

This was discontinued for a reason. If you're willing to micro-manage this, be my guest, but it was inconsistent and a mess to upkeep. You were there. You should know this. I tried, Ara tried, and Robes saw that it wasn't working so he didn't even waste any time on it, Kasch succeeded because Kasch is a beast.

ّI had to really look in the communications chats to see where you suggested this. It was in April. Any reason why you haven't brought it up since, as you seem quite passionate about it?

This just seems like you're replacing the name for end-of-term TNS editions with TNL. You haven't really expanded on this idea, so I really have no idea what your plan is with this. Like I said on Discord, this section of your campaign says literally nothing.

I look forward to your response. Copyright snark included. :)
You have made strident efforts to turn the ship around since becoming Minister, and I certainly acknowledge that. However, the need for more writers and designers is still there. For example, I and Kasch (who both have significant commitments in other Ministries) shouldn't be the only two active designers in the whole Ministry, and Jinkies shouldn't have to carry the efforts to write and publish articles alone.

It's a good thing that telegram runs aren't the only tool in my toolbox. As Delegate, I'm willing to try various recruitment methods via RMB posts, dispatches, forum messages, posters and graphics, etc. and I'm open to any new suggestions outside of these avenues.

I don't think it's micromanagement to keep our spreadsheets updated and have our writers & designers duly rewarded for their efforts. If our writers can spend their free time writing 1000-word articles, then surely we can maintain a spreadsheet with much less time and effort required.

Well, TNL has not been brought up again in our discussions since that time, and I have been occupied by my duties in Defence. Nevertheless, it has remained in the back of my mind and I still want to see it revived in some form, which is why I included it in my platform.

I suppose "replacing the name for end-of-term TNS editions with TNL" is one way to call it. TNL's content is different from TNS, the former being used for long-form discussions while the latter is more suited for news reports and opinion pieces. I believe turning TNL into an end-of-term special will be a welcome break to our usual routine of submitting TNS articles, and give our writers a chance to write their analyses on interesting issues that would invite animated discussions, like the F/S update.

There are certain concerns which Ruben has expressed regarding Comms and I agree with him but I feel with time, those ideas can be polished and reconsidered.
If his campaign needs to be “polished and reconsidered” he shouldn’t run for delegate right now.

An update regarding my endorsement situation: As of this post I have endorsed every WA nation in TNP and sent telegrams asking for re-endorsements to all nations not endorsing me, although some are blocked by category. Currently, I am enjoying a sharp rise in endorsements and a 55-endorsement lead over my opponent, Blue Wolf II, compared to our close numbers before. If this momentum holds, I'm confident that I will reach, perhaps even surpass, 300 endorsements by the time voting ends.

KAe83wP.png

Update: Well, that was faster than I thought. As of this post, the 300-endorsement milestone has been achieved. I hope to reach 350 endorsements by some time next week.

Update: Another goal reached in record time. If this momentum holds, I'm on track to 400 endorsements by the time the restarted election begins, since it appears that RON will win at this point. Let's goooooooo!

I'm happy to answer any questions.

Could you clarify on what exactly your opponent did which warranted you calling him “toxic”? An itemised list, please.

Could you clarify on what exactly your opponent did which warranted you calling him “toxic”? An itemised list, please.
Below are statements which one could clarify as toxic.

To Pallaith
... You're muckraking and lying to the masses due to a personal grudge. Trying to make dirt to sell, if you will. This is all very disappointing and comes off as a little desperate.

I expected better from you, Ghost.
I am sorry you feel that way, Ghost, but you're simply mistaken and seemingly trying to manufacture a controversy where there is none.

Now, if you're done inventing scandals to be upset about, were there any other questions I could address for you Ghost?
Very good. Please come back when you have an actual question for the campaign. We do welcome your input.
To Cosmicsonic
... Two people in this thread are trying to twist words and manipulate voters in favor of their preferred candidate. It's an dirty tactic, but such is life.

I will not bow to political attacks which seek to paint fellow pro-raider TNP citizens as The Enemy. The tactic is underhanded and despicable and an insult to our own Citizenry. I call upon my opponent, @Comfed, to join me in condemning these senseless political attacks which seek only to divide The North Pacific along Raider/Defender lines.
To Dreadton
I'm not sure answering the question of someone who is so hostile to his fellow Citizens is appropriate. Your willingness to accuse your fellow citizens of providing aid to the enemy without cause or merit has more or less made me lose all respect.

If you'd like to have someone else pose your questions for you, Dreadton, that's fine, but I won't be engaging with someone who wants to tear the region apart and start witch hunts just so his candidate can win. Personally I hope that Comfed never picks someone like yourself for his cabinets, should he win, as you clearly care more about sowing mistrust than you do helping The North Pacific.
Again, he has nothing but attacks and hatred. I would never run a campaign in such a way. I do hope @Comfed joins me in condemning this truly saddening behavior, and helps bring the temper of his supporters down.

Nothing I said was toxic.

You're acting like reasonably responding to people making dubious accusations and then expressing disappointment is "toxic", but the accusations are just fine.

Was my call to encourage Comfed to ask his supporters to calm down with the negative attacks also toxic?

...is this response toxic?

Last edited:
Nothing I said was toxic.

You're acting like reasonably responding to people making dubious accusations and then expressing disappointment is "toxic", but the accusations are just fine.

Was my call to encourage Comfed to ask his supporters to calm down with the negative attacks also toxic?

...is this response toxic?
I never said nor tried to imply the accusations against you were true or false, or toxic or not.

Your calls to Comfed were, in my opinion, deflecting the issues.

I think you're rather defensive.

I think you're rather defensive.

That's a very odd thing to say coming from someone who just complied a list of quotes from me and presented them as "statements which one could clarify as toxic" and then, when called out, denied saying anything about those statements being toxic or not, even though you explicitly presented those quotes as examples of alleged toxicity.

It doesn't seem like you're being entirely honest.

Last edited:
That's a very odd thing to say coming from someone who just complied a list of quotes from me and presented them as "statements which one could clarify as toxic" and then, when called out, explicitly denies saying anything about those statements being toxic or not, even though you clearly gave them as examples of alleged toxicity.

It doesn't seem like you're being entirely honest.
I said I wasn't taking a stance on the accusations against you.

Agreed I provided those quotes as examples of toxic statements.

...by claiming those quotes are "examples of toxic statements" that means you think those statements are toxic...

Like, actually what? This conversation is surreal.
I'm not arguing because I quote something as such then it must be that thing by that virtue alone.

Tone, sarcasm, and language involved can make statements toxic, I thought that was readily apparent. For a specific example in response to Dreadton you say:
...I won't be engaging with someone who wants to tear the region apart and start witch hunts just so his candidate can win. Personally I hope that Comfed never picks someone like yourself for his cabinets, should he win, as you clearly care more about sowing mistrust than you do helping The North Pacific.
Then you go on to ask questions to someone who "wants to tear the region apart," "start witch hunts" and is "sowing mistrust" in the region.

Of course, anyone can ask candidates whatever they want, it's just disingenuous and toxic to make statements like that in my view.

Last edited:
Of course, anyone can ask candidates whatever they want, it's just disingenuous and toxic to make statements like that in my view.

So, just to establish, you called me toxic, denied calling me toxic, got called out, and are now back to calling me toxic.

Cool.

I'm quite sure the word "toxic" has now lost all meaning.

Last edited:
So, just to establish, you called me toxic, denied calling me toxic, got called out, and are now back to calling me toxic.

Cool.
I've called you toxic from the beginning.

I never said nor tried to imply the accusations against you were true or false, or toxic or not.
I wasn't evaluating whether the accusations by others against you were toxic or not.

Well, now that we've dominated Pic's thread, if anyone wants to ask me about Pic's assertions about me, or wants me to rebut any specific part of his campaign, I'm more than willing to do so here.

Well, now that we've dominated Pic's thread, if anyone wants to ask me about Pic's assertions about me, or wants me to rebut any specific part of his campaign, I'm more than willing to do so here.
You have your own thread for that.

I'd suggest you answer Wymondham's question first before trying to claim my campaign thread.

I called Wolf "toxic" because his campaign tactic of making up lies and falsehoods about his opponents to discredit them is toxic (as we see what he did to Dreadton), and it fosters a poisonous political climate wherein candidates are dragged into personally attacking each other more than critiquing policy or focusing on improvements for the region.

An example that struck me the most was his baseless insinuation that I copied his campaign platform on the war. My military policies and war strategy were developed from the priorities in my Opening Address - 4 months before his platform existed - and from foreign affairs trends I have observed in TNP and the Gameplay world. Accusations of plagiarism are very serious with potential ramifications in both real life and NS. To falsely imply that I copied his platform, even as a "joke", is simply awful.

I would rather not be dragged into ugly fights like this at all. My priority as Delegate is to work on the betterment of our region, not to relentlessly attack my opponents on the side. However, I can not in good conscience let him spread falsehoods about me with impunity, and so I responded by calling him toxic. If he had not made those attacks, I would not have done so.

Last edited:
Update: 400-endorsement milestone achieved! The momentum has begun to slow down, but I still hope to achieve 450 endos by the time voting ends. With more than half of the way covered, and with my ambitious plans to get the rest of the endorsements via WADP activities, I should be able to complete the transition in a relatively speedy fashion if I have the honour to be elected as your Delegate.

Back