-
-
Pronouns
It
TNP Nation
Simone_Republic
A proposal is submitted that the Legal Code is hereby amended as follows:

The following words are inserted:

'All dates referenced in the Legal Code refer to Coordinated Universal Time'.

The numbering shall, in accordance with the Legal Code, be at the discretion of the Speaker.

Into which Chapter or Section are you inserting this?

In accordance with the Legal Code:

"Clauses must be numbered consecutively within a Chapter beginning with the number 1. Clauses may have subclauses in the form of letters in the event that a list must be referenced in the clause. Clauses may be referenced by chapter, clause number, and if applicable sub-clause letter, but clause numbers and sub-clause letters will not be considered part of the law, nor will they have any legal effects. The Speaker will manage the numbering of clauses in accordance with the above requirements."

In accordance with the Legal Code:

"Clauses must be numbered consecutively within a Chapter beginning with the number 1. Clauses may have subclauses in the form of letters in the event that a list must be referenced in the clause. Clauses may be referenced by chapter, clause number, and if applicable sub-clause letter, but clause numbers and sub-clause letters will not be considered part of the law, nor will they have any legal effects. The Speaker will manage the numbering of clauses in accordance with the above requirements."
Sure. How about after Chapter 7, Section 4, Clause 30?

What is the need of such legislation? @Simone
I think I can answer this...

During a discussion on Discord, Wonderess and Simone got into it about the start and end times of the election cycle. I decided to be stupid and say "This is why the legal code should pick a damn time zone to base shit off of."

Simone decided to run with it, thinking I was actually bringing forth a legitimate complaint, and here we are.

I advise the other Election Commissioners to consider UTC as the baseline for when the window opens to start the cycle, but this doesn't need to be codified.

Last edited:
This would be much better for the Election Commission to deal with, especially if we eventually get into a situation where the make up of the EC makes UTC, for whatever reason, less appropriate to use.

Back