Simone

It
-
-
-
-
TNP Nation
Simone_Republic

I have edited it to draft 6. The previous version is version 5.

Most of the changes are in grammar. The only change I made is Article 2.5, which clarifies that the personal vote of the Delegate does not imply that the Delegate would vote according to their own wishes, as opposed to the wishes of the forum. "
  • The elected Delegate and the in-game WA Delegate themselves may also vote in a personal capacity. This does not interfere with the elected Delegate's prerogative to vote according to the wishes of the elected Delegate under Article 3.4 and Article 5.
The only reason this has been inserted is for a straight forward reason - your current delegate is maintaining submissions as an author of GA and SC resolutions, so I need to distinguish between "my vote as a citizen of TNP" vs "my vote as the delegate of TNP".

This would be upgraded again to a Delegate Directive once finalised.

Update: the proposed change has been scrapped.

Please leave any comments, feedback etc., below.

Last edited:
Why do you need to distinguish between your vote as a delegate and your vote as a citizen? Can’t you just abstain from your own proposals or just vote according to the recommendation? I’m not sure if I understand this Directive correctly but to me it doesn’t look like a very necessary change. Could you clarify what this change does?

Why do you need to distinguish between your vote as a delegate and your vote as a citizen? Can’t you just abstain from your own proposals or just vote according to the recommendation? I’m not sure if I understand this Directive correctly but to me it doesn’t look like a very necessary change. Could you clarify what this change does?

This is only a necessity if I am author to the resolution and realistically only GA. I don't intend to override TNP's vote even if I am author to a GA resolution. SC resolution may depend on foreign policy.

I changed the wording to:

• The elected Delegate and the in-game WA Delegate themselves may also vote in a personal capacity for the purpose of the voting thread of a proposal. This includes cases where the elected Delegate or the in-game WA Delegate are authors of their own resolutions. This does not interfere with the elected Delegate's prerogative to vote according to the wishes of the elected Delegate under Article 3.4 and Article 5.

If this seems too confusing, I'd simply cut it.

Last edited:
Are you sure this won't lead to confusion among new citizens? I do not think they would have read the WA voting policy and a vote from someone with the Delegate tag in the forum can sway results.

This is only a necessity if I am author to the resolution and realistically only GA. I don't intend to override TNP's vote even if I am author to a GA resolution. SC resolution may depend on foreign policy.

I changed the wording to:

• The elected Delegate and the in-game WA Delegate themselves may also vote in a personal capacity for the purpose of the voting thread of a proposal. This includes cases where the elected Delegate or the in-game WA Delegate are authors of their own resolutions. This does not interfere with the elected Delegate's prerogative to vote according to the wishes of the elected Delegate under Article 3.4 and Article 5.

If this seems too confusing, I'd simply cut it.
I mean this is just you trying to change the laws to suit your own very specific situation. You can just abstain from the voting threads of your own resolutions or just vote as normal in the thread and still vote in the WA according to the forum vote. This change is unnecessary and only tailored to your own experience.

I mean this is just you trying to change the laws to suit your own very specific situation. You can just abstain from the voting threads of your own resolutions or just vote as normal in the thread and still vote in the WA according to the forum vote. This change is unnecessary and only tailored to your own experience.

I guess I'd leave it unchanged then. Although we had quite a few ministers who are also prolific authors (Hulldom, Magecastle, myself), maybe it's easier not to specify ~~this~~ this sort of thing and let the ministers adjust themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back